Summary: The atmospheric properties, characteristics and other atmospheric phenomena especially pertaining to WEATHER or CLIMATE.
- Moseholm L, Taudorf E, Frøsig A. Pulmonary function changes in asthmatics associated with low-level SO2 and NO2 air pollution, weather, and medicine intake. An 8-month prospective study analyzed by neural networks. Allergy. 1993;48:334-44 pubmed..Increased levels of SO2 and NO2 corresponded synergistically to decreased peak flow at levels above 40 micrograms/m3. ..
- Bando D, Teng C, Volpe F, Masi E, Pereira L, Braga A. Suicide and meteorological factors in São Paulo, Brazil, 1996-2011: a time series analysis. Braz J Psychiatr. 2017;39:220-227 pubmed publisher..90-3.69) in total suicides and a 2.37% increase (95%CI 0.82-3.96) among male suicides with each 1 °C increase. This study suggests that an increase in weekly average minimum temperature has a short-term effect on suicide in São Paulo. ..
- Goggins W, Ren C, Ng E, Yang C, Chan E. Effect modification of the association between meteorological variables and mortality by urban climatic conditions in the tropical city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Geospat Health. 2013;8:37-44 pubmed..Urban planning measures designed to improve climatic conditions could reduce excess mortality resulting from extreme hot weather. ..
- Angulo Romero J, Mediavilla Molina A, Dominguez Vilches E. Conidia of Alternaria in the atmosphere of the city of Cordoba, Spain in relation to meteorological parameters. Int J Biometeorol. 1999;43:45-9 pubmed..Regression analyses carried out in order to obtain a predictive pattern show that the best fit is between the 7-day running mean of the number of conidia and a week's accumulated mean temperature. ..
- Katial R, Zhang Y, Jones R, Dyer P. Atmospheric mold spore counts in relation to meteorological parameters. Int J Biometeorol. 1997;41:17-22 pubmed..Fungal spore counts can be modeled by time series analysis and related to meteorological parameters controlling for seasonallity; this modeling can provide estimates of exposure to fungal aeroallergens. ..
- Roy S, Chakraborty A, Maitra S, Bhattacharya K. Monitoring of airborne fungal spore load in relation to meteorological factors, air pollutants and allergic symptoms in Farakka, an unexplored biozone of eastern India. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:370 pubmed publisher..The dominant fungal spores were isolated, sub-cultured and tested for allergenic potential by skin prick tests (SPTs) among subjects with clinical history of respiratory allergy, which evoked ?45.0% skin reactivity upon individuals. ..
- Correia W. Influence of meteorological variables on dengue incidence in the municipality of Arapiraca, Alagoas, Brazil. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2017;50:309-314 pubmed publisher..9 and 18.1 times greater probability of a moderate MID, respectively. AT, DPT, R, RH and WS influenced the occurrence of a moderate MID. ..
- Xu C, Xiao G. Spatiotemporal risk mapping of hand, foot and mouth disease and its association with meteorological variables in children under 5 years. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2912-2920 pubmed publisher..High-risk areas were mainly large cities, such as Beijing, Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and their neighbouring areas. These findings can contribute to risk control and implementation of disease-prevention policies. ..