Summary: Photosensitive proteins expressed in the ROD PHOTORECEPTOR CELLS. They are the protein components of rod photoreceptor pigments such as RHODOPSIN.
- Tsuchiya S, Buhr E, Higashide T, Sugiyama K, Van Gelder R. Light entrainment of the murine intraocular pressure circadian rhythm utilizes non-local mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184790 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IOP rhythm entrainment is mediated by a systemic rather than local signal in mice. ..
- Liu M, Farkas M, Spinnhirny P, Pevet P, PIERCE E, Hicks D, et al. De novo assembly and annotation of the retinal transcriptome for the Nile grass rat (Arvicanthis ansorgei). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179061 pubmed publisher..Our high quality annotated transcriptome is publicly available, and we hope it will facilitate wider usage of A. ansorgei as a model organism for molecular studies of cone biology and retinal degeneration. ..
- Kelbsch C, Maeda F, Strasser T, Peters T, Wilhelm B, Wilhelm H. Color Pupillography in Dorsal Midbrain Syndrome. J Neuroophthalmol. 2017;37:247-252 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there was a preserved postillumination pupil response to blue stimulation in DMS patients. In DMS, the melanopsin-mediated ipRGC pathway appeared relatively preserved. ..
- Nandamuri S, Dalton B, Carleton K. Determination of the Genetic Architecture Underlying Short Wavelength Sensitivity in Lake Malawi Cichlids. J Hered. 2017;108:379-390 pubmed publisher..This knowledge will help answer long-standing questions about the evolutionary processes fundamental to opsin expression variation and how this contributes to adaptive cichlid divergence. ..
- Orosz O, Rajta I, Vajas A, Takacs L, Csutak A, Fodor M, et al. Myopia and Late-Onset Progressive Cone Dystrophy Associate to LVAVA/MVAVA Exon 3 Interchange Haplotypes of Opsin Genes on Chromosome X. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:1834-1842 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report on the joint effect of these toxic haplotypes in the two opsin genes on chromosome X. ..
- Hannibal J, Christiansen A, Heegaard S, Fahrenkrug J, Kiilgaard J. Melanopsin expressing human retinal ganglion cells: Subtypes, distribution, and intraretinal connectivity. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:1934-1961 pubmed publisher..The study characterizes a heterogenic population of human melanopsin-ir RGCs, which most likely are involved in different functions. ..
- Park J, McAnany J. Effect of stimulus size and luminance on the rod-, cone-, and melanopsin-mediated pupillary light reflex. J Vis. 2015;15: pubmed publisher..These findings highlight important differences in how stimulus luminance and size combine to govern the PLR elicited by brief flashes under rod-, cone-, and melanopsin-mediated conditions. ..