Genomes and Genes
programmed cell death 1 receptor
Summary: An inhibitory T-lymphocyte receptor that has specificity for CD274 ANTIGEN and PROGRAMMED CELL DEATH 1 LIGAND 2 PROTEIN. Signaling by the receptor limits T cell proliferation and INTERFERON GAMMA synthesis. The receptor also may play an essential role in the regulatory pathway that induces PERIPHERAL TOLERANCE.
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Gauci M, Laly P, Vidal Trecan T, Baroudjian B, Gottlieb J, Madjlessi Ezra N, et al. Autoimmune diabetes induced by PD-1 inhibitor-retrospective analysis and pathogenesis: a case report and literature review. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:1399-1410 pubmed publisher..The presence of autoantibodies before treatment could identify individuals at risk of developing diabetes, but systematic titration may not be relevant considering the rarity of this side effect. ..
- Pinto N, Park J, Murphy E, Yearley J, McClanahan T, Annamalai L, et al. Patterns of PD-1, PD-L1, and PD-L2 expression in pediatric solid tumors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..At low levels of expression, IHC score and mRNA expression correlate poorly. Current and planned clinical trials will determine whether this low level of expression predicts limited response to immune checkpoint inhibitors. ..
- Weinberg A, Canniff J, Rouphael N, Mehta A, Mulligan M, Whitaker J, et al. Varicella-Zoster Virus-Specific Cellular Immune Responses to the Live Attenuated Zoster Vaccine in Young and Older Adults. J Immunol. 2017;199:604-612 pubmed publisher..This may underlie their inability to contain VZV reactivation and prevent the development of HZ. ..
- Le Burel S, Champiat S, Mateus C, Marabelle A, Michot J, Robert C, et al. Prevalence of immune-related systemic adverse events in patients treated with anti-Programmed cell Death 1/anti-Programmed cell Death-Ligand 1 agents: A single-centre pharmacovigilance database analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:34-44 pubmed publisher..Corticosteroids are often effective and may enable the continued administration of ICIs. Studies designed to identify at-risk patients are warranted. ..
- Frydenlund N, Mahalingam M. PD-L1 and immune escape: insights from melanoma and other lineage-unrelated malignancies. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:13-33 pubmed publisher..Special attention is given to melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer, malignancies that have seen the broadest applications of anti-PD-L1/PD-1 therapies. ..
- Teply B, Lipson E. Identification and management of toxicities from immune checkpoint-blocking drugs. Oncology (Williston Park). 2014;28 Suppl 3:30-8 pubmed
- Moret F, van der Wurff Jacobs K, Bijlsma J, Lafeber F, van Roon J. Synovial T cell hyporesponsiveness to myeloid dendritic cells is reversed by preventing PD-1/PD-L1 interactions. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:497 pubmed publisher..The potential of IL-7 to robustly reverse this hyporesponsiveness suggests that such proinflammatory cytokines in RA joints strongly contribute to memory T cell activation. ..
- Bellmunt J, Powles T, Vogelzang N. A review on the evolution of PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy for bladder cancer: The future is now. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;54:58-67 pubmed publisher..Research is ongoing to further categorize responses, define ideal patient populations, and investigate combinations of checkpoint inhibitors to address multiple pathways in immune system functioning. ..
- Iwama S, Arima H. Clinical practice and mechanism of endocrinological adverse events associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. 2017;40:90-94 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on clinical characteristics and pathogenesis of adverse events in the pituitary gland. ..
- Konoeda F, Suzuki S, Nishimoto Y, Hoshino H, Takagi M. A case of myasthenia gravis and myositis induced by nivolumab. Rinsho Shinkeigaku. 2017;57:373-377 pubmed publisher..Since the immune checkpoint inhibitors are going to be used widely, it is important to recognize the specific subtype of myasthenia gravis for neurologists. ..
- Hui E, Cheung J, Zhu J, Su X, Taylor M, Wallweber H, et al. T cell costimulatory receptor CD28 is a primary target for PD-1-mediated inhibition. Science. 2017;355:1428-1433 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that PD-1 suppresses T cell function primarily by inactivating CD28 signaling, suggesting that costimulatory pathways play key roles in regulating effector T cell function and responses to anti-PD-L1/PD-1 therapy. ..
- Vazquez Mateo C, Collins J, Fleury M, Dooms H. Broad induction of immunoregulatory mechanisms after a short course of anti-IL-7R? antibodies in NOD mice. BMC Immunol. 2017;18:18 pubmed publisher..These changes appear to have long-lasting effects by delaying or preventing type 1 diabetes incidence. Hence, our study provides further support for using anti-IL-7R? antibodies to modulate autoreactive T cell responses. ..
- Chovanec M, Cierna Z, Miskovska V, Macháleková K, Svetlovska D, Kalavska K, et al. Prognostic role of programmed-death ligand 1 (PD-L1) expressing tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in testicular germ cell tumors. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21794-21805 pubmed publisher..Scoring was performed semiquantitatively by weighted histoscore (HS) method. The prognostic value of PD-L1 expressing TILs in TGCTs was demonstrated for the first time. ..
- Xie M, Koh B, Hollister K, Wu H, Sun J, Kaplan M, et al. Bcl6 promotes follicular helper T-cell differentiation and PD-1 expression in a Blimp1-independent manner in mice. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1136-1141 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a novel mechanism for positive control of gene expression by Bcl6, and illuminate how Bcl6 and Blimp1 control TFH -cell differentiation. ..
- Prasad V, Kaestner V. Nivolumab and pembrolizumab: Monoclonal antibodies against programmed cell death-1 (PD-1) that are interchangeable. Semin Oncol. 2017;44:132-135 pubmed publisher..We will discuss how this can help global payers seeking to contain the cost of cancer therapeutics that continues to spiral out of control. ..
- Mitteldorf C, Berisha A, Pfaltz M, Broekaert S, Schön M, Kerl K, et al. Tumor Microenvironment and Checkpoint Molecules in Primary Cutaneous Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma-New Therapeutic Targets. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:998-1004 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting of tumor cells and MDSCs using anti-PD-1/anti-PD-L1 or anti-CD33 antibodies might be a worthwhile new approach to treat this aggressive form of cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. ..
- Ramamurthy C, Godwin J, Borghaei H. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy: What Line of Therapy and How to Choose?. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2017;18:33 pubmed publisher..At this time, this practice pattern for immunotherapy in the first- and second-line can be considered the standard of care, but new data are likely to impact the role of immunotherapy as monotherapy or in combination in the near future. ..
- Jing W, Gershan J, Holzhauer S, Weber J, Palen K, McOlash L, et al. T Cells Deficient in Diacylglycerol Kinase Î¶ Are Resistant to PD-1 Inhibition and Help Create Persistent Host Immunity to Leukemia. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5676-5686 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they suggest that DGKÎ¶ targeting might decrease risks of antigen escape or resistance to immune checkpoint blockade. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5676-86. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Lim S, Menzies A, Rizos H. Mechanisms and strategies to overcome resistance to molecularly targeted therapy for melanoma. Cancer. 2017;123:2118-2129 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2118-29. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Berger K, Pu J. PD-1 pathway and its clinical application: A 20year journey after discovery of the complete human PD-1 gene. Gene. 2018;638:20-25 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, further efforts are still warranted in both basic scientific mechanism studies and clinical investigation using the principles of personalized and precision medicine. ..
- Bartee M, Dunlap K, Bartee E. Tumor-Localized Secretion of Soluble PD1 Enhances Oncolytic Virotherapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2952-2963 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they establish a feasible path to translate these findings against clinically relevant disease. Cancer Res; 77(11); 2952-63. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Park J, Cheung N. Limitations and opportunities for immune checkpoint inhibitors in pediatric malignancies. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;58:22-33 pubmed publisher..In addition, we will discuss immunologic and clinical difficulties in this young population, as well as future prospects for combination of ICI with other immune-based and conventional treatments. ..
- Uehara J, Ohkuri T, Kosaka A, Ishibashi K, Hirata Y, Ohara K, et al. Intratumoral injection of IFN-? induces chemokine production in melanoma and augments the therapeutic efficacy of anti-PD-L1 mAb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:521-527 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IFN-? induces the expression of CCL5 and CXCR3 ligands in melanoma, which could play a role in T-cell recruitment, and enhances the efficacy of anti-PD-L1 mAb treatment in a CD8-dependent manner. ..
- Ghoneim H, Fan Y, Moustaki A, Abdelsamed H, Dash P, Dogra P, et al. De Novo Epigenetic Programs Inhibit PD-1 Blockade-Mediated T Cell Rejuvenation. Cell. 2017;170:142-157.e19 pubmed publisher..These data establish de novo DNA-methylation programming as a regulator of T cell exhaustion and barrier of ICB-mediated T cell rejuvenation. ..
- Heppt M, Heinzerling L, Kahler K, Forschner A, Kirchberger M, Loquai C, et al. Prognostic factors and outcomes in metastatic uveal melanoma treated with programmed cell death-1 or combined PD-1/cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 inhibition. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:56-65 pubmed publisher..001). Blood markers predict survival in metastatic UM treated with immune checkpoint blockade. Normal serum levels of LDH and CRP and a high REC may help identify patients with better prognosis. ..
- Kamekura R, Takano K, Yamamoto M, Kawata K, Shigehara K, Jitsukawa S, et al. Cutting Edge: A Critical Role of Lesional T Follicular Helper Cells in the Pathogenesis of IgG4-Related Disease. J Immunol. 2017;199:2624-2629 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that anomalous Tfh cells in tissue lesions of IgG4-RD have features distinct from those in lymphoid counterparts or blood and potentially regulate local IgG4 production in IgG4-RD. ..
- Sznol M, Postow M, Davies M, Pavlick A, Plimack E, Shaheen M, et al. Endocrine-related adverse events associated with immune checkpoint blockade and expert insights on their management. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;58:70-76 pubmed publisher..An awareness of the symptoms and management of immune-related endocrine events may aid in the safe and appropriate use of immune checkpoint inhibitors in clinical practice. ..
- Granados H, Draghi A, Tsurutani N, Wright K, Fernandez M, Sylvester F, et al. Programmed cell death-1, PD-1, is dysregulated in T cells from children with new onset type 1 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183887 pubmed publisher..Thus, insulin therapy in T1D children is associated with normal PD1 expression and heightened glycolytic capacity in PBMC. ..
- Pattarini L, Trichot C, Bogiatzi S, Grandclaudon M, Meller S, Keuylian Z, et al. TSLP-activated dendritic cells induce human T follicular helper cell differentiation through OX40-ligand. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1529-1546 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, TSLP-induced Tfh differentiation depended on OX40-ligand, but not on ICOS-ligand. Our results delineate a pathway of human Tfh differentiation in Th2 environments. ..
- Okiyama N, Tanaka R. Varied immuno-related adverse events induced by immune-check point inhibitors - Nivolumab-associated psoriasiform dermatitis related with increased serum level of interleukin-6. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. 2017;40:95-101 pubmed publisher..In addition, MM patients who achieved good responses to nivolumab significantly exhibited decreased serum TNF-? levels after nivolumab treatment compared to progressive MM patients. ..
- Brandt D, Sergon M, Abraham S, Mäbert K, Hedrich C. TCR+CD3+CD4-CD8- effector T cells in psoriasis. Clin Immunol. 2017;181:51-59 pubmed publisher..Our observations offer additional insight into the molecular pathophysiology of plaque psoriasis and show promise as potential disease biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets for future interventions. ..
- Gao W, Zhou J, Ji B. Evidence of Interleukin 21 Reduction in Osteosarcoma Patients Due to PD-1/PD-L1-Mediated Suppression of Follicular Helper T Cell Functionality. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:794-800 pubmed publisher..Together, this study demonstrated a dysregulated pathway that should be targeted for future immunotherapies in osteosarcoma. ..
- Watanabe R, Shirai T, Namkoong H, Zhang H, Berry G, Wallis B, et al. Pyruvate controls the checkpoint inhibitor PD-L1 and suppresses T cell immunity. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2725-2738 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that metabolite-based immunotherapy may be a potential strategy for restoring adaptive immunity in CAD. ..
- Byrne E, Fisher D. Immune and molecular correlates in melanoma treated with immune checkpoint blockade. Cancer. 2017;123:2143-2153 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2143-53. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Hassel J, Heinzerling L, Aberle J, Bähr O, Eigentler T, Grimm M, et al. Combined immune checkpoint blockade (anti-PD-1/anti-CTLA-4): Evaluation and management of adverse drug reactions. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;57:36-49 pubmed publisher..Combined ICB has considerable toxicities, therefore close monitoring and high experience in diagnosis and treatment of ADR is necessary. ..
- Kløverpris H, McGregor R, McLaren J, Ladell K, Stryhn A, Koofhethile C, et al. Programmed death-1 expression on HIV-1-specific CD8+ T cells is shaped by epitope specificity, T-cell receptor clonotype usage and antigen load. AIDS. 2014;28:2007-21 pubmed..These findings are important because they provide evidence that PD-1 expression levels are influenced by peptide/HLA class I antigen exposure. ..
- Sato K, Kato A, Sekai M, Hamazaki Y, Minato N. Physiologic Thymic Involution Underlies Age-Dependent Accumulation of Senescence-Associated CD4+ T Cells. J Immunol. 2017;199:138-148 pubmed publisher..SA-T cells may provide a suitable biomarker of immune aging, as well as a potential target for controlling aging-related disorders. ..
- Santini F, Rudin C. Atezolizumab for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;10:935-945 pubmed publisher..Atezolizumab represents a step forward in the treatment of advanced NSCLC, nonetheless PD1:PD-L1 blockade in early-stage lung cancer is still a matter of debate. ..
- Ribas A, Dummer R, Puzanov I, VanderWalde A, Andtbacka R, Michielin O, et al. Oncolytic Virotherapy Promotes Intratumoral T Cell Infiltration and Improves Anti-PD-1 Immunotherapy. Cell. 2017;170:1109-1119.e10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that oncolytic virotherapy may improve the efficacy of anti-PD-1 therapy by changing the tumor microenvironment. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Bagley S, Kothari S, Aggarwal C, Bauml J, Alley E, Evans T, et al. Pretreatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as a marker of outcomes in nivolumab-treated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2017;106:1-7 pubmed publisher..It is unclear whether this marker is predictive or prognostic. Prospective studies are warranted to determine the utility of NLR in the context of other biomarkers of programmed death-1 (PD-1) therapy. ..
- Bonotto M, Garattini S, Basile D, Ongaro E, Fanotto V, Cattaneo M, et al. Immunotherapy for gastric cancers: emerging role and future perspectives. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;10:609-619 pubmed publisher..While anti-CTLA-4 antibodies are minimally active, there is growing evidence for the efficacy of PD1/-L1 inhibitors. The search of predictive factors for immunotherapy will provide key hints towards the optimal use of these agents. ..
- Ganesan A, Clarke J, Wood O, Garrido Martin E, Chee S, Mellows T, et al. Tissue-resident memory features are linked to the magnitude of cytotoxic T cell responses in human lung cancer. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:940-950 pubmed publisher..Here we define the 'molecular fingerprint' of tumor-infiltrating CTLs and identify potentially new targets for immunotherapy. ..
- Yin H, Liao C, Wang Y, Li Z, Fan L, Qian M, et al. [The expression of programmed death receptor 1 in non-small cell lung cancer and its clinicopathological features and prognosis showed a connection with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2017;39:419-423 pubmed publisher..21?38.24???????????(p?0.024)??egfr?????????pd?1??????????????????????21.23?31.44???????????(p?0.128)? ??? pd?1?egfr?????????nsclc???????????????????????pd?1?nsclc???????????????????????????. ..
- June C, Warshauer J, Bluestone J. Is autoimmunity the Achilles' heel of cancer immunotherapy?. Nat Med. 2017;23:540-547 pubmed publisher..We then explore approaches to limit immunotoxicity, and discuss the future directions of research and reporting that are needed to diminish it. ..
- Fernandez Poma S, Salas Benito D, Lozano T, Casares N, Riezu Boj J, MancheÃ±o U, et al. Expansion of Tumor-Infiltrating CD8+ T cells Expressing PD-1 Improves the Efficacy of Adoptive T-cell Therapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3672-3684 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data provide a rationale for the use of PD-1-selected TILs in ACT. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3672-84. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Michot J, Lazarovici J, Ghez D, Danu A, Ferme C, Bigorgne A, et al. Challenges and perspectives in the immunotherapy of Hodgkin lymphoma. Eur J Cancer. 2017;85:67-77 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent attempts to understand the defects in immune recognition in HL and to design an optimal evidence-based treatment for combination with anti-PD1. ..
- Fessas P, Lee H, Ikemizu S, Janowitz T. A molecular and preclinical comparison of the PD-1-targeted T-cell checkpoint inhibitors nivolumab and pembrolizumab. Semin Oncol. 2017;44:136-140 pubmed publisher..We acknowledge the limitations of such comparisons, but suggest that based on the available data, differences in clinical trial outcomes between nivolumab and pembrolizumab are more likely drug-independent than drug-dependent. ..
- Johnson D, Sullivan R, Menzies A. Immune checkpoint inhibitors in challenging populations. Cancer. 2017;123:1904-1911 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:1904-1911. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Zhu Y, Yue F, He Y, Li P, Yang Y, Han Y, et al. Prokaryotic expression of the extracellular domain of porcine programmed death 1 (PD-1) and its ligand PD-L1 and identification of the binding with peripheral blood mononuclear cells in vitro. Can J Vet Res. 2017;81:147-154 pubmed..Ces résultats suggèrent que les protéines recombinantes solubles pourraient être utilisées afin de préparer des anticorps monoclonaux pour bloquer la voie PD-1/PD-L1.(Traduit par Docteur Serge Messier). ..
- Overacre Delgoffe A, Chikina M, Dadey R, Yano H, Brunazzi E, Shayan G, et al. Interferon-? Drives Treg Fragility to Promote Anti-tumor Immunity. Cell. 2017;169:1130-1141.e11 pubmed publisher..We also show that IFN?-induced Treg fragility is required for response to anti-PD1, suggesting that cancer therapies promoting Treg fragility may be efficacious. ..
- Friend B, Venick R, McDiarmid S, Zhou X, Naini B, Wang H, et al. Fatal orthotopic liver transplant organ rejection induced by a checkpoint inhibitor in two patients with refractory, metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..While checkpoint inhibitors clearly have tremendous potential as a targeted therapy, they should be avoided or used with extreme caution in the context of an organ transplant. ..
- Nawaf M, Ulvmar M, Withers D, McConnell F, Gaspal F, Webb G, et al. Concurrent OX40 and CD30 Ligand Blockade Abrogates the CD4-Driven Autoimmunity Associated with CTLA4 and PD1 Blockade while Preserving Excellent Anti-CD8 Tumor Immunity. J Immunol. 2017;199:974-981 pubmed publisher..By dissociating autoimmune side effects from anticancer immune responses, this potentially shifts this antitumor approach to patients with far less advanced disease. ..
- Nan J, Liang L, Li L, Xiaoqin S, Xing J, Yang C. [Soluble programmed death-1 and soluble programmed death ligand 1 protein expression and immune status in patients with recurrent aphthous ulcer]. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;35:286-290 pubmed publisher..05??????rau?????????????p>0.05??rau??spd-1????cd19+?c4????????r?=?0.389?p?=0.034?r?=0.382?p?=0.037???? rau????????????????????????????rau??spd-1?spd-l1???????????????pd-1/pd-l1??????rau???????????rau???????????????. ..
- Hu Z, Ho A, McArthur H. Combined Radiation Therapy and Immune Checkpoint Blockade Therapy for Breast Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:153-164 pubmed publisher..Preclinical and clinical results show that RT in combination with checkpoint blockade may be a promising therapeutic option in breast cancer. ..
- Chang C, Wang Y, Li R, Rossi D, Liu D, Rossi E, et al. Combination Therapy with Bispecific Antibodies and PD-1 Blockade Enhances the Antitumor Potency of T Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5384-5394 pubmed publisher..They also support the use of 3D spheroids as a predictive alternative to in vivo models for evaluating T-cell functions. Cancer Res; 77(19); 5384-94. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Foldi J, Kozhaya L, McCarty B, Mwamzuka M, Marshed F, Ilmet T, et al. HIV-Infected Children Have Elevated Levels of PD-1+ Memory CD4 T Cells With Low Proliferative Capacity and High Inflammatory Cytokine Effector Functions. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:641-650 pubmed publisher..PD-1 identifies "exhausted" CD8 T cells with impaired HIV-specific effector functions, but its role on CD4 T cells and in HIV-infected children is poorly understood...
- Ryu H, Kim E, Heo S, Cho B, Kim H, Yoon S. Architectural patterns of p16 immunohistochemical expression associated with cancer immunity and prognosis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. APMIS. 2017;125:974-984 pubmed publisher..Each architectural pattern of p16 expression may be related to different biological and prognostic phenotypes...
- Thronicke A, Steele M, Grah C, Matthes B, Schad F. Clinical safety of combined therapy of immune checkpoint inhibitors and Viscum album L. therapy in patients with advanced or metastatic cancer. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:534 pubmed publisher..DRKS00013335 , retrospectively registered (November 27th, 2017) at the German Clinical Trials Register ( www.drks.de ). ..
- Chen L, Han X. Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 therapy of human cancer: past, present, and future. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:3384-91 pubmed publisher..We believe that these fundamental principles set the standard for future immunotherapies and will guide our efforts to develop more efficacious and less toxic immune therapeutics to treat human cancers. ..
- Panarese I, De Vita F, Ronchi A, Romano M, Alfano R, Di Martino N, et al. Predictive biomarkers along gastric cancer pathogenetic pathways. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2017;17:417-425 pubmed publisher..In particular, as in other solid tumors, PD-1/PDL1 pathway has emerged in several clinical trials as an interesting therapeutic target. ..
- Emens L, Ascierto P, Darcy P, Demaria S, Eggermont A, Redmond W, et al. Cancer immunotherapy: Opportunities and challenges in the rapidly evolving clinical landscape. Eur J Cancer. 2017;81:116-129 pubmed publisher..By making smart, evidence-based decisions in developing next generation immunotherapies, cancer should become an imminently treatable, curable and even preventable disease. ..
- Shibutani M, Maeda K, Nagahara H, Fukuoka T, Nakao S, Matsutani S, et al. The Prognostic Significance of the Tumor-infiltrating Programmed Cell Death-1+ to CD8+ Lymphocyte Ratio in Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4165-4172 pubmed..The PD-1/CD8 ratio may, therefore, be a useful prognostic marker for stage II/III CRC. What is important for predicting the prognosis may be the PD-1/CD8 ratio rather than the absolute number of PD-1+ TILs. ..