Genomes and Genes
Summary: Differentiation antigens found on thymocytes and on cytotoxic and suppressor T-lymphocytes. T8 antigens are members of the immunoglobulin supergene family and are associative recognition elements in MHC (Major Histocompatibility Complex) Class I-restricted interactions.
- GeurtsvanKessel C, Willart M, van Rijt L, Muskens F, Kool M, Baas C, et al. Clearance of influenza virus from the lung depends on migratory langerin+CD11b- but not plasmacytoid dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1621-34 pubmed publisher..Rather, in pDC-depleted mice, there was a reduction in antiviral antibody production after lung clearance of the virus. This suggests that multiple DCs are endowed with different tasks in mediating protection against influenza virus. ..
- Sancho D, Mourão Sá D, Joffre O, Schulz O, Rogers N, Pennington D, et al. Tumor therapy in mice via antigen targeting to a novel, DC-restricted C-type lectin. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2098-110 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DNGR-1 is a novel, highly specific marker of mouse and human DC subsets that can be exploited for CTL cross-priming and tumor therapy. ..
- Penna A, Pilli M, Zerbini A, Orlandini A, Mezzadri S, Sacchelli L, et al. Dysfunction and functional restoration of HCV-specific CD8 responses in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Hepatology. 2007;45:588-601 pubmed..Our study characterizes CD8 defects that may be important in maintaining HCV persistence; identification of strategies to correct these defects may help to define novel approaches to treat HCV infection. ..
- Chang J, Palanivel V, Kinjyo I, Schambach F, Intlekofer A, Banerjee A, et al. Asymmetric T lymphocyte division in the initiation of adaptive immune responses. Science. 2007;315:1687-91 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism by which a single lymphocyte can apportion diverse cell fates necessary for adaptive immunity. ..
- Park J, Adoro S, Lucas P, Sarafova S, Alag A, Doan L, et al. 'Coreceptor tuning': cytokine signals transcriptionally tailor CD8 coreceptor expression to the self-specificity of the TCR. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1049-59 pubmed..This dynamic interplay induces individual CD8+ T cells to express CD8 in quantities appropriate for the self-specificity of their TCR, promoting the engagement of self ligands, yet avoiding autoreactivity. ..
- Xiao Z, Mescher M, Jameson S. Detuning CD8 T cells: down-regulation of CD8 expression, tetramer binding, and response during CTL activation. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2667-77 pubmed..g., infected cells), while limiting collateral damage to bystander cells. ..
- Mahnke K, Schönfeld K, Fondel S, Ring S, Karakhanova S, Wiedemeyer K, et al. Depletion of CD4+CD25+ human regulatory T cells in vivo: kinetics of Treg depletion and alterations in immune functions in vivo and in vitro. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:2723-33 pubmed..In aggregate, our data indicate that ONTAK depletes Treg in vivo significantly, resulting in enhanced immune functions and substantial development of antigen-specific CD8(+) T cells in vaccinated individuals. ..
- Rezzoug F, Huang Y, Tanner M, Wysoczynski M, Schanie C, Chilton P, et al. TNF-alpha is critical to facilitate hemopoietic stem cell engraftment and function. J Immunol. 2008;180:49-57 pubmed..These data demonstrate a critical role for TNF-alpha in mediating FC function. FC may have a significant impact upon the safe use of chimerism to establish tolerance to transplanted organs and tissue. ..
- Ali Z, Shao L, Halliday L, Reichenberg A, Hintz M, Jomaa H, et al. Prolonged (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methyl-but-2-enyl pyrophosphate-driven antimicrobial and cytotoxic responses of pulmonary and systemic Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells in macaques. J Immunol. 2007;179:8287-96 pubmed..Thus, the prolonged HMBPP-driven antimicrobial and cytotoxic responses of pulmonary and systemic Vgamma2Vdelta2 T cells may confer immunotherapeutics against infectious diseases and cancers...
- Lewinsohn D, Winata E, Swarbrick G, Tanner K, Cook M, Null M, et al. Immunodominant tuberculosis CD8 antigens preferentially restricted by HLA-B. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:1240-9 pubmed..Mtb), Salmonella species, and Listeria monocytogenes, yet the repertoire and dominance pattern of human CD8 antigens for these pathogens remains poorly characterized...
- Sementilli A, Franco M. Renal acute cellular rejection: correlation between the immunophenotype and cytokine expression of the inflammatory cells in acute glomerulitis, arterial intimitis, and tubulointerstitial nephritis. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1671-6 pubmed publisher..We also compared the glomerular ICE with that in acute tubulointerstitial rejection and in arterial intimal inflammation...
- Kim H, Kang J, Lim J, Kim J, Kim Y, Lee S, et al. Antitumor activity of cytokine-induced killer cells in nude mouse xenograft model. Arch Pharm Res. 2009;32:781-7 pubmed publisher..3, 1, and 3 million cells per mouse inhibited 23%, 40%, and 50% of U-87 MG tumor growth in nude mouse xenograft assays, respectively. This study suggests that CIK cells may be used as an adoptive immunotherapy for glioma cancer patients. ..
- Sekine C, Moriyama Y, Koyanagi A, Koyama N, Ogata H, Okumura K, et al. Differential regulation of splenic CD8- dendritic cells and marginal zone B cells by Notch ligands. Int Immunol. 2009;21:295-301 pubmed publisher..All these Notch ligands are expressed predominantly in the red pulp of the spleen where CD8- DCs reside. These results indicate a differential regulation of CD8- DCs and MZ B cells by Notch ligands in the spleen. ..
- Yuan J, Crittenden R, Bender T. c-Myb promotes the survival of CD4+CD8+ double-positive thymocytes through upregulation of Bcl-xL. J Immunol. 2010;184:2793-804 pubmed publisher..Thus, Bcl-xL is a novel mediator of c-Myb activity during normal T cell development. ..
- Leposavic G, Perisić M, Kosec D, Arsenović Ranin N, Radojevic K, Stojic Vukanic Z, et al. Neonatal testosterone imprinting affects thymus development and leads to phenotypic rejuvenation and masculinization of the peripheral blood T-cell compartment in adult female rats. Brain Behav Immun. 2009;23:294-304 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study provides additional evidence for a role of HPG signals (i.e. sex steroids and gonadotropins) in programming the kinetics of thymic maturation/involution and in establishing immunological sexual dimorphism. ..
- Wong K, Lew F, Macary P, Kemeny D. CD40L-expressing CD8 T cells prime CD8alpha(+) DC for IL-12p70 production. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2251-62 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the interaction between CD8alpha(+) DC and antigen-primed CD8 T cells may form an important component of Th1-mediated immunity through the induction of IL-12p70. ..
- Camirand G, Stephan L, Rousseau J, Sackett M, Caron N, Mills P, et al. Central tolerance to myogenic cell transplants does not include muscle neoantigens. Transplantation. 2008;85:1791-801 pubmed publisher..This suggests that muscle-specific infiltration may result from lack of negative selection for peripheral neoantigens in the thymus after BMT and that tolerance after MT may rely on peripheral regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Pauls D, Selcho M, Gendre N, Stocker R, Thum A. Drosophila larvae establish appetitive olfactory memories via mushroom body neurons of embryonic origin. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10655-66 pubmed publisher..Based on this approach, we define 10 subdomains of the larval mushroom body that may be implicated in mediating specific interactions between the olfactory pathway, modulatory neurons, and neuronal output. ..
- Natarajan M, August A, Henderson A. Combinatorial signals from CD28 differentially regulate human immunodeficiency virus transcription in T cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17338-47 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal that CD28 regulates HIV-1 provirus transcription through a complex interplay of positive and negative signals that may be manipulated to control HIV-1 transcription and replication. ..
- Heron M, Claessen A, Grutters J, van den Bosch J. T-cell activation profiles in different granulomatous interstitial lung diseases--a role for CD8+CD28(null) cells?. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;160:256-65 pubmed publisher..In sarcoidosis, blood CD8+CD28(null) cells might be a new biomarker for disease severity but needs further investigation. ..
- Meuth S, Herrmann A, Simon O, Siffrin V, Melzer N, Bittner S, et al. Cytotoxic CD8+ T cell-neuron interactions: perforin-dependent electrical silencing precedes but is not causally linked to neuronal cell death. J Neurosci. 2009;29:15397-409 pubmed publisher..Thus, electrical silencing is an immediate consequence of MHC I-restricted interaction of CD8(+) T cells with neurons. This mechanism is clearly perforin-dependent and precedes, but is not causally linked, to neuronal cell death. ..
- Shariff H, Tanriver Y, Brown K, Meader L, Greenlaw R, Mamode N, et al. Intermittent antibody-based combination therapy removes alloantibodies and achieves indefinite heart transplant survival in presensitized recipients. Transplantation. 2010;90:270-8 pubmed publisher..When combined with intermittent Ab-mediated rescue therapy, this results in indefinite allograft survival and a loss of the preexisting, donor-specific Abs from the circulation. ..
- Yang M, Wang Y, Wang X, Chen C, Zhou H. Characterization of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) Foxp1a/1b/2: evidence for their involvement in the activation of peripheral blood lymphocyte subpopulations. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:289-95 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PHA and LPS may act on distinct lymphocyte subpopulations in grass carp PBLs and provide evidence for the involvement of Foxp1b and Foxp2 in the activation of different lymphocyte subpopulations in grass carp...
- Duncan B, Nazarov Stoica C, Surls J, Kehl M, Bona C, Casares S, et al. Double negative (CD3+ 4- 8-) TCR alphabeta splenic cells from young NOD mice provide long-lasting protection against type 1 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11427 pubmed publisher..DNCD3 splenic cells could be potentially manipulated towards the development of autologous cell therapies in autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Brandt D, Sergon M, Abraham S, Mäbert K, Hedrich C. TCR+CD3+CD4-CD8- effector T cells in psoriasis. Clin Immunol. 2017;181:51-59 pubmed publisher..Our observations offer additional insight into the molecular pathophysiology of plaque psoriasis and show promise as potential disease biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets for future interventions. ..
- Wada S, Yoshimura K, Hipkiss E, Harris T, Yen H, Goldberg M, et al. Cyclophosphamide augments antitumor immunity: studies in an autochthonous prostate cancer model. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4309-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data clarify the dose, timing, and mechanism of action by which immunomodulatory cyclophosphamide can be translated to a clinical setting in a combinatorial cancer treatment strategy. ..
- Mallaun M, Naeher D, Daniels M, Yachi P, Hausmann B, Luescher I, et al. The T cell receptor's alpha-chain connecting peptide motif promotes close approximation of the CD8 coreceptor allowing efficient signal initiation. J Immunol. 2008;180:8211-21 pubmed..Therefore, the alpha-CPM of a TCR is an important element in mediating CD8 approximation and signal initiation. ..
- Alonso Arias R, Lopez Vazquez A, Díaz Peña R, Sampere A, Tricas L, Asensi V, et al. CD8dim and NKG2D expression defines related subsets of CD4+ T cells in HIV-infected patients with worse prognostic factors. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009;51:390-8 pubmed publisher..Their common ontogenic origin and oligoclonality, possibly due to repeated encounters with the same antigen, could result in a limitation of the repertoire of responder cells and in a worse prognosis of HIV infection. ..
- Younes R, Ghorra C, Khalife S, Igondjo Tchen Changotade S, Yousfi M, Willig C, et al. Pertinent cell population to characterize periodontal disease. Tissue Cell. 2009;41:141-50 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that CD-68+ monocyte/macrophages, CD-45+ leukocyte common antigen and notably EMA+ plasma cells are pertinently correlated with the severity of periodontal disease and related collagen breakdown. ..
- Wakabayashi A, Nakagawa Y, Shimizu M, Moriya K, Nishiyama Y, Takahashi H. Suppression of an already established tumor growing through activated mucosal CTLs induced by oral administration of tumor antigen with cholera toxin. J Immunol. 2008;180:4000-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the growth of ongoing tumor cells can be suppressed by activated CD8alphabeta CTLs with tumor-specific cytotoxicity via an orally administered tumor Ag with a suitable mucosal adjuvant. ..
- Mercier Letondal P, Montcuquet N, Sauce D, Certoux J, Jeanningros S, Ferrand C, et al. Alloreactivity of ex vivo-expanded T cells is correlated with expansion and CD4/CD8 ratio. Cytotherapy. 2008;10:275-88 pubmed publisher..g. low CD8 expression) defects may account for the decreased alloreactivity of GMC. Using CD3/CD28 beads and/or IL-7 is more beneficial than CD3 MAb and IL-2 for preventing perturbations of the alloreactivity and phenotype of GMC. ..
- Yammani R, Pejawar Gaddy S, Gurley T, Weimer E, Hiltbold E, Alexander Miller M. Regulation of maturation and activating potential in CD8+ versus CD8- dendritic cells following in vivo infection with vaccinia virus. Virology. 2008;378:142-50 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the control of DC maturation in vivo and demonstrate that the regulation of maturation in vivo following virus infection can be differentially controlled in distinct types of DC. ..
- Acroute D, Lafitte S, Dive D, Khalife J, Pierrot C. A role for CD4+ and CD8+ cells and not for CD25+ cells in the control of Plasmodium berghei Anka blood stage parasites in rats. Parasite. 2010;17:53-60 pubmed..These results suggest that CD8+ cells play a critical role in the development of immune responses in rats to control the replication of blood stage parasites. ..
- Rossi N, Reiné J, Pineda Lezamit M, Pulgar M, Meza N, Swamy M, et al. Differential antibody binding to the surface alphabetaTCR.CD3 complex of CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes is conserved in mammals and associated with differential glycosylation. Int Immunol. 2008;20:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Also, the impact of glycosylation on CD3 antibody binding requires a cautious interpretation of CD3 expression levels and T cell numbers in clinical diagnosis. ..
- Barwig C, Raker V, Montermann E, Grabbe S, Reske Kunz A, Sudowe S. Antigen dose-dependent suppression of murine IgE responses is mediated by CD4(-)CD8(-) double-negative T cells. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:891-901 pubmed publisher..The IgE response against protein antigens is profoundly influenced by the dose used for sensitization...
- Nakahara T, Uchi H, Lesokhin A, Avogadri F, Rizzuto G, Hirschhorn Cymerman D, et al. Cyclophosphamide enhances immunity by modulating the balance of dendritic cell subsets in lymphoid organs. Blood. 2010;115:4384-92 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that CTX may improve immune responses by preferentially depleting CD8(+) lymphoid-resident DCs, which leads to diminished Treg suppression and enhanced effector T-cell function in vivo. ..
- Rettig L, McNeill L, Sarner N, Guillaume P, Luescher I, Tolaini M, et al. An essential role for the stalk region of CD8 beta in the coreceptor function of CD8. J Immunol. 2009;182:121-9 pubmed..Thus, the stalk region of the CD8beta polypeptide has an essential role in ensuring functionality of the CD8alphabeta heterodimer and its replacement compromises the interaction of CD8 with peptide-MHC complexes. ..
- Gomez Nicola D, Spagnolo A, Guaza C, Nieto Sampedro M. Aggravated experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in IL-15 knockout mice. Exp Neurol. 2010;222:235-42 pubmed publisher..How these findings are contributing to the aggravated EAE development in IL-15 KO mice remain unclear and need to be further investigated. ..
- Peabody N, Diao F, Luan H, Wang H, Dewey E, Honegger H, et al. Bursicon functions within the Drosophila CNS to modulate wing expansion behavior, hormone secretion, and cell death. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14379-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal novel neuromodulatory functions for bursicon and support the hypothesis that the B(SEG) are essential for orchestrating both the behavioral and somatic processes underlying wing expansion. ..
- Piper D, Duff S, Eliason H, Frazee W, Frey E, Fuerstenau Sharp M, et al. Development of the predictor HERG fluorescence polarization assay using a membrane protein enrichment approach. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2008;6:213-23 pubmed publisher..This strategy enabled the Predictor (Invitrogen, Carlsbad, CA) hERG fluorescence polarization assay and should be useful in the development of other fluorescence polarization-based assays that use membrane proteins. ..
- Ganesh B, Cheatem D, Sheng J, Vasu C, Prabhakar B. GM-CSF-induced CD11c+CD8a--dendritic cells facilitate Foxp3+ and IL-10+ regulatory T cell expansion resulting in suppression of autoimmune thyroiditis. Int Immunol. 2009;21:269-82 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that GM-CSF renders CD8a- DCs tolerogenic, and these DCs induce Foxp3+ and IL-10+ Tregs. ..
- Mirshahidi S, Kramer V, Whitney J, Essono S, Lee S, Dranoff G, et al. Overlapping synthetic peptides encoding TPD52 as breast cancer vaccine in mice: prolonged survival. Vaccine. 2009;27:1825-33 pubmed publisher..We show that an OSP vaccination approach can assist in the disruption of self-tolerance and conclude that our approach may hold promise for immunoprevention of early-stage cancers in a general population. ..
- Passos L, Magalhães L, Soares R, Marques A, Nunes M, Gollob K, et al. Specific activation of CD4- CD8- double-negative T cells by Trypanosoma cruzi-derived glycolipids induces a proinflammatory profile associated with cardiomyopathy in Chagas patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:122-132 pubmed publisher..These findings may have implications for designing new strategies of control or prevention of Chagas disease cardiomyopathy by modulating the response to GCL. ..
- Costers S, Lefebvre D, Goddeeris B, Delputte P, Nauwynck H. Functional impairment of PRRSV-specific peripheral CD3+CD8high cells. Vet Res. 2009;40:46 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that PBMC of PRRSV-infected pigs contain proliferating CD3+CD8high cells upon restimulation in vitro, but these PBMC fail to exert CTL activity towards PRRSV-infected alveolar macrophages. ..