Genomes and Genes
Summary: Differentiation antigens expressed on pluripotential hematopoietic cells, most human thymocytes, and a major subset of peripheral blood T-lymphocytes. They have been implicated in integrin-mediated cellular adhesion and as signalling receptors on T-cells.
- Yong A, Szydlo R, Goldman J, Apperley J, Melo J. Molecular profiling of CD34+ cells identifies low expression of CD7, along with high expression of proteinase 3 or elastase, as predictors of longer survival in patients with CML. Blood. 2006;107:205-12 pubmed
- Sturm A, Lensch M, Andre S, Kaltner H, Wiedenmann B, Rosewicz S, et al. Human galectin-2: novel inducer of T cell apoptosis with distinct profile of caspase activation. J Immunol. 2004;173:3825-37 pubmed
- Peipp M, Küpers H, Saul D, Schlierf B, Greil J, Zunino S, et al. A recombinant CD7-specific single-chain immunotoxin is a potent inducer of apoptosis in acute leukemic T cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2848-55 pubmed..These findings justify further evaluation of the agent in view of potential therapeutic applications. ..
- Nishii K, Kita K, Miwa H, Kawakami K, Nakase K, Masuya M, et al. c-kit gene expression in CD7-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: close correlation with expression of myeloid-associated antigen CD13. Leukemia. 1992;6:662-8 pubmed..Ligands for c-kit genes and IL-7 could play an important role for the regulation of proliferation and differentiation of T-cell progenitors in bone marrow. ..
- Miwa H. [Cell surface markers in leukemia]. Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi. 2003;92:950-5 pubmed
- Fukumori T, Takenaka Y, Yoshii T, Kim H, Hogan V, Inohara H, et al. CD29 and CD7 mediate galectin-3-induced type II T-cell apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8302-11 pubmed..The induction of T-cell apoptosis by secreted Gal-3 is dependent in part on the presence or absence of cytoplasmic Gal-3, providing a new insight for the immune escape mechanism of cancer cells. ..
- El Darouti M, Marzouk S, Bosseila M, Zeid O, El Safouri O, Zayed A, et al. Microscopic study of normal skin in cases of mycosis fungoides. Int J Dermatol. 2006;45:1043-6 pubmed..During MF treatment, biopsies from cured lesions are required before starting withdrawal. ..
- Liu B, Li R, Wu H, Chen Y. [Clinical study on prognosis of acute leukemia subtypes Ly + AML and My + ALL]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2007;15:421-4 pubmed..Though My + ALL had myeloid markers, no significant difference was found between My + ALL and ALL, it might be supposed that their therapy could be the same. ..
- Yamamoto K, Okamura A, Katayama Y, Shimoyama M, Matsui T. Unbalanced whole-arm translocation der(5;19)(p10;q10) is a novel and recurrent cytogenetic aberration in myelodysplastic syndrome. Leuk Res. 2009;33:377-83 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that der(5;19)(p10;q10) may play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of high-risk MDS as a rare but recurrent translocation. ..
- Tallman M, Neuberg D, Bennett J, Francois C, Paietta E, Wiernik P, et al. Acute megakaryocytic leukemia: the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group experience. Blood. 2000;96:2405-11 pubmed..4 months (range 1-160+ months). Although half of the patients achieved CR, the long-term outcome is extremely poor, primarily attributable to resistant disease. New therapeutic strategies are needed. ..
- Suzuki R, Ohtake S, Takeuchi J, Nagai M, Kodera Y, Hamaguchi M, et al. The clinical characteristics of CD7+ CD56+ acute myeloid leukemias other than M0. Int J Hematol. 2010;91:303-9 pubmed publisher..The poor prognosis of CD7(+) CD56(+) M1-M7 suggests that this phenotype may act as a prognostic factor for AML, but this should be confirmed in further studies. ..
- Handa H, Motohashi S, Isozumi K, Komatsumoto S, Nara M. CD7+ and CD56+ myeloid/natural killer cell precursor acute leukemia treated with idarubicin and cytosine arabinoside. Acta Haematol. 2002;108:47-52 pubmed..To overcome the resistance of this disease to chemotherapy, further studies should explore other treatment strategies. ..
- Rossi M, Yokota T, Medina K, Garrett K, Comp P, Schipul A, et al. B lymphopoiesis is active throughout human life, but there are developmental age-related changes. Blood. 2003;101:576-84 pubmed..Dramatic changes in human B lymphopoiesis occur early in life, and more information is required to construct a probable sequence of differentiation events prior to the acquisition of CD10. ..
- Fajka Boja R, Blasko A, Kovács Sólyom F, Szebeni G, Toth G, Monostori E. Co-localization of galectin-1 with GM1 ganglioside in the course of its clathrin- and raft-dependent endocytosis. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2586-93 pubmed publisher..Internalization of Gal-1 depends on its lectin activity and follows dual pathways involving clathrin-coated vesicles and raft-dependent endocytosis. ..
- Suzuki R, Murata M, Kami M, Ohtake S, Asou N, Kodera Y, et al. Prognostic significance of CD7+CD56+ phenotype and chromosome 5 abnormalities for acute myeloid leukemia M0. Int J Hematol. 2003;77:482-9 pubmed
- Morotti A, Parvis G, Cilloni D, Familiari U, Pautasso M, Bosa M, et al. CD7/CD56-positive acute myeloid leukemias are characterized by constitutive phosphorylation of the NF-kB subunit p65 at Ser536. Leukemia. 2007;21:1305-6 pubmed
- Tanaka M, Kanamori H, Yamaji S, Fujimaki K, Tomita N, Fujisawa S, et al. Therapy-related CD7+ acute myeloid leukemia with trisomy 8 following acute monocytic leukemia. Anticancer Drugs. 2001;12:681-2 pubmed..We report a patient who developed CD7+ therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia (t-AML) with trisomy 8 after chemotherapy for AML. ..
- Vonderheid E, Bigler R, Kotecha A, Boselli C, Lessin S, Bernengo M, et al. Variable CD7 expression on T cells in the leukemic phase of cutaneous T cell lymphoma (Sézary syndrome). J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:654-62 pubmed..We speculate that the level of CD7 expression on malignant T cells may be the effect of sustained antigen stimulation in vivo analogous to what has been proposed to occur with normal T cells during aging. ..
- Rappl G, Abken H, Hasselmann D, Tilgen W, Ugurel S, Reinhold U. The CD7(-) subset of CD4(+) memory T cells is prone to accelerated apoptosis that is prevented by interleukin-15 (IL-15). Cell Death Differ. 2001;8:395-402 pubmed..We conclude that membrane IL-15 prevents accelerated apoptosis of CD4(+)CD7(-) T cells. This mechanism may contribute to accumulation of CD7(-) T cells in chronic inflammatory skin lesions. ..
- Hao Q, George A, Zhu J, Barsky L, Zielinska E, Wang X, et al. Human intrathymic lineage commitment is marked by differential CD7 expression: identification of CD7- lympho-myeloid thymic progenitors. Blood. 2008;111:1318-26 pubmed..Thus, differential levels of CD7 identify the progressive stages of lineage commitment in human thymus, initiated from a primitive CD7(-) lympho-myeloid thymic progenitor. ..
- Font P, Subira D, Mtnez Chamorro C, Castañón S, Arranz E, Ramiro S, et al. Evaluation of CD7 and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) expression in CD34+ myeloblasts from patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Leuk Res. 2006;30:957-63 pubmed..Therefore, CD7 and TdT may help to establish the diagnosis of MDS and, TdT expression also seems to be a useful marker in distinguishing risk groups. ..
- Cotta A, Cintra M, de Souza E, Chagas C, Magna L, Fleury R, et al. Diagnosis of mycosis fungoides: a comparative immunohistochemical study of T-cell markers using a novel anti-CD7 antibody. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2006;14:291-5 pubmed..The authors conclude that CD7 study may represent a valuable tool in the distinction between inflammation and neoplasia in T-lymphoproliferative skin disorders. ..
- Udayakumar A, Pathare A, Muralitharan S, Alghzaly A, AlKindi S, Raeburn J. Trisomy 21 as a sole acquired abnormality in an adult Omani patient with CD7- and CD9-positive acute myeloid leukemia. Arch Med Res. 2007;38:797-802 pubmed..This is the first case of CD7- and CD9-positive AML with trisomy 21 as a sole abnormality. A putative role for the co-expression of abnormal lymphoid markers in achieving quick remission is discussed. ..
- Yoshikawa K, Seto M, Ueda R, Obata Y, Notake K, Yokochi T, et al. Molecular cloning of the gene coding for the human T cell differentiation antigen CD7. Immunogenetics. 1991;33:352-60 pubmed..The promoter region had high G + C content and contained two SP1 binding sites (CCGCCC) and an AP2 binding site (CCCCAGGC), but lacked CAAT and TATA motifs. ..
- Rivera G, Vasilescu D, Papayannopoulos V, Lim W, Mayer B. A reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) promotes localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in living cells. Mol Cell. 2009;36:525-35 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a strong reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) in promoting localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in cells. ..
- Font P, Subira D. Expression of CD7 in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS): is this a truly prognostic factor?. Leuk Res. 2008;32:185-6 pubmed
- Gunther U, Holloway J, Gordon J, Gordon J, Knight A, Chance V, et al. Phenotypic characterization of CD3-7+ cells in developing human intestine and an analysis of their ability to differentiate into T cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:5414-22 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate that the CD3(-)7(+) cells present in the human fetal gut display a distinct phenotype and are able to develop into CD3(+) T cells. ..
- Tanahashi C, Yabuki S, Akamine N, Yatabe Y, Ichihara S. Pure acinic cell carcinoma of the breast in an 80-year-old Japanese woman. Pathol Int. 2007;57:43-6 pubmed..The patient has been well for 22 months since the wide local excision of the tumor and no signs of salivary neoplasm are evident to date. ..
- El Sissy A, El Mashari M, Bassuni W, El Swaayed A. Aberrant lymphoid antigen expression in acute myeloid leukemia in Saudi Arabia. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2006;18:244-9 pubmed..Minimal residual disease in AML is very difficult to trace, detection of aberrant expression of lymphoid antigens will make it easier. The high score given to CD79a by EGIL is questionable based on cytogenetic classification. ..
- Agras P, Saatci U, Baskin E, Ozbek N, Cengiz N, Colak T, et al. Hyperleptinemia and its relation with peripheral C34(+)CD7(+) stem cells in renal transplant recipients. Transpl Immunol. 2006;15:241-5 pubmed..The central and peripheral effects of leptin may differ on lymphoid stem cells and a serum threshold level may apply for the central effects. ..
- Erickson H, Reinhardt R, Hermanson J, Panoskaltsis Mortari A, Pennell C. Visualization of immunotoxin-mediated tumor cell death in vivo. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:890s-894s pubmed..These analyses indicate that whole mouse sectioning will be a valuable tool for assessing residual disease in the preclinical evaluation of cancer therapeutics. ..
- Ormsby A, Bergfeld W, Tubbs R, Hsi E. Evaluation of a new paraffin-reactive CD7 T-cell deletion marker and a polymerase chain reaction-based T-cell receptor gene rearrangement assay: implications for diagnosis of mycosis fungoides in community clinical practice. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;45:405-13 pubmed..In the diagnosis of MF, detection of CD7 deletion and monoclonal TCR rearrangements can be successfully performed in a cost-effective, timely fashion using routine formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded biopsy specimens. ..
- Anargyrou K, Paterakis G, Boutsis D, Politou M, Papadhimitriou S, Siakandaris M, et al. An unusual case of CD4+ CD7+ CD56+ acute leukemia with overlapping features of type 2 dendritic cell (DC2) and myeloid/NK cell precursor acute leukemia. Eur J Haematol. 2003;71:294-8 pubmed..Still, other hypotheses can not be overlooked, such as the possibility for a kind of variant monoblastic leukemia or of another rare entity of acute unclassified leukemia. ..
- Steinhoff M, Schöpp S, Assaf C, Muche M, Beyer M, Sterry W, et al. Prevalence of genetically defined tumor cells in CD7 as well as CD26 positive and negative circulating T-cell subsets in Sézary syndrome. Leuk Res. 2009;33:88-99 pubmed publisher..We conclude that quantification of CD26- T-cells reflects the tumor cell amount more accurate and should be preferred in the clinical setting. ..
- Leinweber B, Chott A, Kerl H, Cerroni L. Epidermotropic precursor T-cell lymphoma with highly aggressive clinical behavior simulating localized pagetoid reticulosis. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007;29:392-4 pubmed..This case represents a unique cutaneous presentation of aggressive precursor lymphoma, showing the protean nature of lymphoproliferative disorders and the overlapping clinical and histopathologic features of different entities. ..
- Sun X, Fang M, Jiang F, Jing Y. [Immunologic classification used in typing of 68 cases of acute leukemias]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2006;14:39-41 pubmed..In conclusion, immunologic classification can improve the accuracy in acute leukemia diagnosis. The diagnosis of some special AL, such as acute unidentified leukemia (AUL), AML-M(0) and so on, must rely on immunologic classification. ..
- Ware R, Scearce R, Dietz M, Starmer C, Palker T, Haynes B. Characterization of the surface topography and putative tertiary structure of the human CD7 molecule. J Immunol. 1989;143:3632-40 pubmed..Finally, comparison of the CD7 transmembrane sequence with CD4 and HIV transmembrane sequences and with respiratory syncytial virus fusion sequences demonstrated similar sequence motifs among these molecules. ..
- Koh H, Lee C, Lee K, Ham C, Seong R, Kim S, et al. CD7 expression and galectin-1-induced apoptosis of immature thymocytes are directly regulated by NF-kappaB upon T-cell activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:149-53 pubmed publisher..From these results, we concluded that the regulation of CD7 gene expression through NF-kappaB activation induced by TCR/CD28 might have significant implications for T-cell homeostasis. ..
- Perrella O, Sbreglia C, Arenga G, Perrella A, Ferrara A, D Antonio A, et al. Acute rejection after liver transplantation: Is there a specific immunological pattern?. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:3594-6 pubmed..001). Our data suggested that a preferential Th1-like immune mechanism operated in local fashion as characterized by a decreased presence in the liver and blood of Treg cells. ..
- Syampurnawati M, Tatsumi E, Furuta K, Takenokuchi M, Nakamachi Y, Kawano S, et al. HLA-DR-negative AML (M1 and M2): FLT3 mutations (ITD and D835) and cell-surface antigen expression. Leuk Res. 2007;31:921-9 pubmed..8%), CD7(-) (92.9%) and CD45RO(+) status (76%). Our results indicated that FLT3 mutation is the most common gene alteration found in the DR(-) M1/M2 AML. These results are important for further characterizing this phenotypic AML entity. ..
- Nishimura M, Takanashi M, Okazaki H, Satake M, Nakajima K. Role of CD7 expressed in lung microvascular endothelial cells as Fc receptor for immunoglobulin M. Endothelium. 2006;13:287-92 pubmed..In this study, the authors found that CD7 antigen notably expresses in LME cells and that it acts as an Fc receptor for IgM in LME cells. ..
- Flavell D, Warnes S, Noss A, Flavell S. Anti-CD7 antibody and immunotoxin treatment of human CD7(+)T-cell leukaemia is significantly less effective in NOD/LtSz-scid mice than in CB.17 scid mice. Br J Cancer. 2000;83:1755-61 pubmed
- Shimizu Y, van Seventer G, Ennis E, Newman W, Horgan K, Shaw S. Crosslinking of the T cell-specific accessory molecules CD7 and CD28 modulates T cell adhesion. J Exp Med. 1992;175:577-82 pubmed..Enhanced expression/function of adhesion-inducing molecules thus overcomes relative deficits in adhesion receptor expression. ..
- Tiftik N, Bolaman Z, Batun S, Ayyildiz O, Isikdogan A, Kadikoylu G, et al. The importance of CD7 and CD56 antigens in acute leukaemias. Int J Clin Pract. 2004;58:149-52 pubmed..We suggest the evaluation of CD7 and CD56 in all patients with acute leukaemias at the time of diagnosis in view of poor clinical outcome. ..
- Weisberger J, Cornfield D, Gorczyca W, Liu Z. Down-regulation of pan-T-cell antigens, particularly CD7, in acute infectious mononucleosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003;120:49-55 pubmed..Acute Epstein-Barr virus infection should be considered in the differential diagnosis when down-regulation of CD7 is present, especially in conjunction with an activated CD8+ T-cell population. ..
- Subrahmanyam G, Rudd C, Schneider H. Association of T cell antigen CD7 with type II phosphatidylinositol-4 kinase, a key component in pathways of inositol phosphate turnover. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:46-52 pubmed..Together, our findings demonstrate that type II PI 4-kinases are integral components of the CD7 signaling pathway and may play a role of CD7 in co-stimulation and thymic differentiation. ..
- Tothova E, Elbertová A, Fricova M, Kafková A, Hlebasková M, Svorcová E, et al. P-glycoprotein expression in adult acute myeloid leukemia: correlation with induction treatment outcome. Neoplasma. 2001;48:393-7 pubmed
- Röhrs S, Scherr M, Romani J, Zaborski M, Drexler H, Quentmeier H. CD7 in acute myeloid leukemia: correlation with loss of wild-type CEBPA, consequence of epigenetic regulation. J Hematol Oncol. 2010;3:15 pubmed publisher..Our results contradict the hypothesis that C/EBPalpha acts as repressor for CD7, and instead show that epigenetic mechanisms are responsible for CD7 regulation, in AML cells as well as in T-cells, the typical CD7 expressing cell type. ..
- Moll M, Reinhold U, Kukel S, Abken H, Muller R, Oltermann I, et al. CD7-negative helper T cells accumulate in inflammatory skin lesions. J Invest Dermatol. 1994;102:328-32 pubmed..The results show that CD7- T cells accumulate in certain inflammatory skin lesions without alteration of the circulating CD7- population. These cells may be identical to or derived from CD7- T cells of the peripheral blood. ..
- Regauer S, Beham Schmid C. Detailed analysis of the T-cell lymphocytic infiltrate in penile lichen sclerosus: an immunohistochemical and molecular investigation. Histopathology. 2006;48:730-5 pubmed..The target antigen of the clonal outgrowth is unknown, but an exaggerated antigen-dependent proliferation of T cells due to chronic local antigen exposure, probably an infectious antigen, is the most likely explanation. ..
- Perrella O, Sbreglia C, Perrella M, Spetrini G, Gorga F, Pezzella M, et al. Interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha: model of immunomodulation in multiple sclerosis. Neurol Res. 2006;28:193-5 pubmed..The data indicate that the production of different cytokines characterized the expression of relapsing-remitting MS. The data also suggest that is it possible to control MS using the regulatory cytokine balance. ..
- Hamalainen M, Eskola J, Hellman J, Pulkki K, Rajamäki A. RT-PCR from eosinophil-depleted leukocytes without RNA extraction: cell selection using streptavidin PCR tubes. Clin Biochem. 2000;33:643-7 pubmed..These results suggest that through the introduction of eosinophil-free cell population into RT-PCR a reproducible method with reasonable leukocyte yield and avoiding RNA extraction was developed. ..
- Otsuki T, Wada H, Nakazawa N, Taniwaki M, Kouguchi K, Ohkura M, et al. Establishment of CD7+ human myeloma sister cell lines, KMS-21-PE and KMS-21-BM, carrying t(11;14) and t(8;14). Leuk Lymphoma. 2001;42:761-74 pubmed..CD7 message was also detected in surface negative lines. Consequently, there may be posttranslational regulation of the CD7 molecule, whose cellular biological role in expressing cells has not been elucidated. ..