carbonic anhydrase ix
Summary: A carbonic anhydrase and transmembrane protein that consists of an N-terminal PROTEOGLYCAN-like domain, a catalytic region, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a short intracellular tail. It functions as a dimer and is expressed primarily by cells of the GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT; BILE DUCT EPITHELIUM; and GALL BLADDER. It is expressed at high levels in many solid tumors, especially CLEAR CELL RENAL CARCINOMA, in response to CELL HYPOXIA.
- Stanica L, Gheorghiu M, Stan M, Polonschii C, David S, Bratu D, et al. Quantitative assessment of specific carbonic anhydrase inhibitors effect on hypoxic cells using electrical impedance assays. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2017;32:1079-1090 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CA IX) is an important orchestrator of hypoxic tumour environment, associated with tumour progression, high incidence of metastasis and poor response to therapy...
- Zhang Z, Lau J, Zhang C, Colpo N, Nocentini A, Supuran C, et al. Design, synthesis and evaluation of 18F-labeled cationic carbonic anhydrase IX inhibitors for PET imaging. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2017;32:722-730 pubmed publisherb>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CA-IX) is a marker for tumor hypoxia, and its expression is negatively correlated with patient survival. CA-IX represents a potential target for eliminating hypoxic cancers...
- Angapelly S, Sri Ramya P, Angeli A, Supuran C, Arifuddin M. Sulfocoumarin-, Coumarin-, 4-Sulfamoylphenyl-Bearing Indazole-3-carboxamide Hybrids: Synthesis and Selective Inhibition of Tumor-Associated Carbonic Anhydrase Isozymes IX and XII. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1578-1584 pubmed publisher..8, 2.3, and 2.0â€…nm respectively. Further exploration of these compounds could be useful for the development of novel antitumor agents with selective mechanisms of CA inhibitory action. ..
- Zhu L, Guo Y, Wang L, Fan X, Xiong X, Fang K, et al. Construction of ultrasonic nanobubbles carrying CAIX polypeptides to target carcinoma cells derived from various organs. J Nanobiotechnology. 2017;15:63 pubmed publisher..b>Carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX) is highly expressed on cell membranes of various malignant solid tumors, so it's a good target for ..
- Nahm J, Kim H, Koo J. Glycolysis-related protein expression in thyroid cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695922 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical staining for glucose transporter 1, hexokinase II, carbonic anhydrase IX, and monocarbonylate transporter 4 was performed, and the relationship between immunoreactivity and ..
- Angeli A, Carta F, Bartolucci G, Supuran C. Synthesis of novel acyl selenoureido benzensulfonamides as carbonic anhydrase I, II, VII and IX inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3567-3573 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the selenoureido group may provide an antioxidant activity to these enzyme inhibitors. ..
- Wachters J, Schrijvers M, Slagter Menkema L, Mastik M, de Bock G, Langendijk J, et al. Prognostic significance of HIF-1a, CA-IX, and OPN in T1-T2 laryngeal carcinoma treated with radiotherapy. Laryngoscope. 2013;123:2154-60 pubmed..2008) could not be confirmed. The absence of prognostic significance for HIF-1a and CA-IX toward local control in supraglottic LSCC, unlike glottic LSCC, suggests that supraglottic LSCC might represent another biological entity. ..
- Falsini M, Squarcialupi L, Catarzi D, Varano F, Betti M, Di Cesare Mannelli L, et al. 3-Hydroxy-1H-quinazoline-2,4-dione as a New Scaffold To Develop Potent and Selective Inhibitors of the Tumor-Associated Carbonic Anhydrases IX and XII. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6428-6439 pubmed publisher..This finding led us to hypothesize for these compounds more than one mechanism of action involving both CAs IX and XII and other not yet identified target(s). ..