Genomes and Genes
Summary: Endogenously-synthesized compounds that influence biological processes not otherwise classified under ENZYMES; HORMONES or HORMONE ANTAGONISTS.
- Luksha L, Luksha N, Kublickas M, Nisell H, Kublickiene K. Diverse mechanisms of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated dilatation in small myometrial arteries in normal human pregnancy and preeclampsia. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:728-35 pubmed publisher..We suggest that EDHF-type responses via MEGJs are primarily targeted in small myometrial arteries in women with preeclampsia. This could significantly contribute to the impaired uteroplacental blood flow in this disorder. ..
- Edwards G, Feletou M, Weston A. Endothelium-derived hyperpolarising factors and associated pathways: a synopsis. Pflugers Arch. 2010;459:863-79 pubmed publisher..These hyperpolarise myocytes by opening various populations of myocyte potassium channels, but predominantly BK(Ca) and/or K(ATP), which are sensitive to blockade by iberiotoxin or glibenclamide, respectively. ..
- Feletou M, Vanhoutte P. Endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor: where are we now?. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:1215-25 pubmed..Additionally, the endothelium can produce other factors such as lipoxygenases derivatives or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). These different mechanisms are not necessarily exclusive and can occur simultaneously. ..
- Shimokawa H. Hydrogen peroxide as an endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor. Pflugers Arch. 2010;459:915-22 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize our current knowledge on H(2)O(2)/EDHF regarding its identification and mechanisms of synthesis and actions. ..
- Vettoretti S, Ochodnicky P, Buikema H, Henning R, Kluppel C, de Zeeuw D, et al. Altered myogenic constriction and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated relaxation in small mesenteric arteries of hypertensive subtotally nephrectomized rats. J Hypertens. 2006;24:2215-23 pubmed..Both systemic vascular changes might be restored by renoprotective treatment with ACE inhibitor. ..
- Stirrat A, Nelli S, Dowell F, Martin W. Flow-induced enhancement of vasoconstriction and blockade of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF) by ascorbate in the rat mesentery. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:1162-8 pubmed
- Bissonnette R, Ho V, Langley R. Safety of conventional systemic agents and biologic agents in the treatment of psoriasis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2009;13 Suppl 2:S67-76 pubmed..This article reviews the safety profiles of both classes of treatments. ..
- Fernandez Rodriguez S, Edwards D, Newton B, Griffith T. Attenuated store-operated Ca2+ entry underpins the dual inhibition of nitric oxide and EDHF-type relaxations by iodinated contrast media. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;84:470-8 pubmed publisher..In contrast, direct effects of IRCM on smooth muscle function may correlate with osmolarity rather than iodine concentration. ..
- Stirrat A, Nelli S, McGuckin A, Ho V, Wilson W, Martin W. Ascorbate elevates perfusion pressure in the bovine extraocular long posterior ciliary artery: role of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF). Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;534:152-8 pubmed..5 ml(-1) and above. We conclude that ascorbate augments vasoconstrictor tone through inhibition of flow-induced EDHF activity. ..
- Grgic I, Kaistha B, Hoyer J, Köhler R. Endothelial Ca+-activated K+ channels in normal and impaired EDHF-dilator responses--relevance to cardiovascular pathologies and drug discovery. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:509-26 pubmed publisher..1/KCa2.3 openers as novel types of blood pressure-lowering drugs. ..
- Leung H, Leung F, Yao X, Ko W, Chen Z, Vanhoutte P, et al. Endothelial mediators of the acetylcholine-induced relaxation of the rat femoral artery. Vascul Pharmacol. 2006;44:299-308 pubmed..Thus, the eNOS-dependent H2O2 is likely to be the third mediator of acetylcholine-mediated relaxations in rat femoral arteries. ..
- Sokoya E, Burns A, Marrelli S, Chen J. Myoendothelial gap junction frequency does not account for sex differences in EDHF responses in rat MCA. Microvasc Res. 2007;74:39-44 pubmed..We conclude that reduced myoendothelial coupling and/or homocellular coupling within the media may account for these differences. ..
- Gschwend S, Haug M, Nierhaus M, Schulz A, Vetter R, Kossmehl P, et al. Short-term treatment with a beta-blocker with vasodilative capacities improves intrarenal endothelial function in experimental renal failure. Life Sci. 2009;85:431-7 pubmed publisher..The present findings offer an explanation of the nephroprotective effect of intrarenal endothelial function in renal failure. ..
- Luksha L, Agewall S, Kublickiene K. Endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in vascular physiology and cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis. 2009;202:330-44 pubmed publisher..Authors based on their own experience and data of literature propose several guidelines for future research in the field of EDHF. ..
- Luksha L, Nisell H, Luksha N, Kublickas M, Hultenby K, Kublickiene K. Endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in preeclampsia: heterogeneous contribution, mechanisms, and morphological prerequisites. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R510-9 pubmed
- Lefevre F, Robe P, Jarrin C, Ginolhac A, Zago C, Auriol D, et al. Drugs from hidden bugs: their discovery via untapped resources. Res Microbiol. 2008;159:153-61 pubmed publisher..Recent technological advances in metagenomics have provided reliable access to chemicals of these hidden bugs, thus opening up new opportunities for feeding the machine. ..
- Ekblad L, Lindgren G, Persson E, Kjellen E, Wennerberg J. Cell-line-specific stimulation of tumor cell aggressiveness by wound healing factors - a central role for STAT3. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found cell-line-specific effects of wound healing factors on HNSCC, setting the stage for therapy development and predictive opportunities. ..
- Hernández M, Sanmarti R, Canete J, Descalzo M, Alsina M, Carmona L, et al. Cutaneous adverse events during treatment of chronic inflammatory rheumatic conditions with tumor necrosis factor antagonists: study using the Spanish registry of adverse events of biological therapies in rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2013;65:2024-31 pubmed publisher..The IR of CAE in patients treated with TNF antagonists is significant and should be addressed carefully, and withdrawal of therapy is required in some cases. ..
- Pampanin D, Larssen E, Provan F, Sivertsvik M, Ruoff P, Sydnes M. Detection of small bioactive peptides from Atlantic herring (Clupea harengus L.). Peptides. 2012;34:423-6 pubmed publisher..This method was a good angle of approach in order to map the potential in new species and species that have been very little studied. ..
- RÃºa Figueroa FernÃ¡ndez de Larrinoa I. What is new in systemic lupus erythematosus. Reumatol Clin. 2015;11:27-32 pubmed publisher..Relevant contributions regarding classical therapies such as corticosteroid and antimalarials and their optimal use, as well as the roll of vitamin D, are also referred. ..
- Liegeon A, Mahe E, Begon E, Poreaux C, Barbaud A, Esteve E, et al. Development of monoclonal gammopathy under biotherapy in psoriasis: a French multicenter retrospective study. Eur J Dermatol. 2016;26:75-81 pubmed publisher..Only psoriatic rheumatism appeared to be statistically linked to MGUS. The incidence and frequency of MGUS in psoriasis patients treated with biotherapy do not appear to increase relative to the general population. ..
- Garner P, Kaniskan H, Keyari C, Weerasinghe L. Asymmetric [C + NC + CC] coupling entry to the naphthyridinomycin natural product family: formal total synthesis of cyanocycline A and bioxalomycin ?2. J Org Chem. 2011;76:5283-94 pubmed publisher..The synthesis also fueled collaborative biological and biochemical research that identified a unique small molecule inhibitor of cell migration (compound 30). ..
- Huang X, Zhang N, Yong X, Yang X, Shen Q. Biocontrol of Rhizoctonia solani damping-off disease in cucumber with Bacillus pumilus SQR-N43. Microbiol Res. 2012;167:135-43 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that B. pumilus SQR-N43 is a potent antagonist against R. solani Q1. The BIO treatment was more effective than the N treatment because it stabilized the population and increased the active form of the antagonist. ..
- Graudal N, Jürgens G. Similar effects of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, glucocorticoids, and biologic agents on radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis: meta-analysis of 70 randomized placebo-controlled or drug-controlled studies, including 112 comparison. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:2852-63 pubmed publisher..Future trials of the effects of biologic agents on RA should compare such agents with combination treatments involving DMARDs and glucocorticoids. ..
- Dai J, Chen J, Han B, Bei Y, Zhou X. Regulatory action of charred Gossamer urocteae on the functions of mouse oral fibroblasts. J Tradit Chin Med. 2010;30:126-31 pubmed
- Shimada N, Hanari T, Kurosaki Y, Takeda K, Anada M, Nambu H, et al. Catalytic asymmetric synthesis of the endo-6-aryl-8-oxabicyclo[3.2.1]oct-3-en-2-one natural product from Ligusticum chuanxing via 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of a formyl-derived carbonyl ylide using Rh2(S-TCPTTL)4. J Org Chem. 2010;75:6039-42 pubmed publisher..Using this catalytic process, an asymmetric synthesis of endo-6-aryl-8-oxabicyclo[3.2.1]oct-3-en-2-one natural product 1 from Ligusticum chuanxing Hort. has been achieved. ..
- Bade R, Chan H, Reynisson J. Characteristics of known drug space. Natural products, their derivatives and synthetic drugs. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:5646-52 pubmed publisher..The definition of KDS gives drug designers a larger volume to work in compared to drug-like chemical space. However, the bulk of known drugs are found within the volume of drug-like chemical space. ..
- d Emmanuele di Villa Bianca R, Sorrentino R, Coletta C, Mitidieri E, Rossi A, Vellecco V, et al. Hydrogen sulfide-induced dual vascular effect involves arachidonic acid cascade in rat mesenteric arterial bed. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;337:59-64 pubmed publisher..Because EDHF has been presumed to be a cytochrome P450 derivative of the arachidonic acid, our results suggest that H(2)S acts through EHDF release. ..
- Bai S, Huang L, Su J, Tian Y, Zheng T. Algicidal effects of a novel marine actinomycete on the toxic dinoflagellate Alexandrium tamarense. Curr Microbiol. 2011;62:1774-81 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of an actinomycete algicide to the toxic dinoflagellate A. tamarense. Our results indicate that BS01 could be a potential bio-agent for controlling harmful algal blooms...
- Thway T, Magana I, Bautista A, Jawa V, Gu W, Ma M. Impact of anti-drug antibodies in preclinical pharmacokinetic assessment. AAPS J. 2013;15:856-63 pubmed publisher..The interfering effects of the ADA on bioanalytical methods and exposure were evident as early as 2 weeks post-dosing. This modeling approach can provide the better understanding of ADA impact on PK exposure in multiple doses. ..
- Aqueveque P, Cespedes C, Kubo I, Seigler D, Sterner O. The impact of Andean Patagonian mycoflora in the search for new lead molecules. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1401:5-18 pubmed publisher..We argue that the richness of fungal biodiversity in this region offers an interesting source for the discovery of bioactive molecules for the basic and applied sciences. ..
- Hewlett N, Tepe J. Total synthesis of the natural product (±)-dibromophakellin and analogues. Org Lett. 2011;13:4550-3 pubmed publisher..Dibromophakellin has been synthesized in two steps from a known alkene intermediate. The key step in the synthesis is the NBS olefin activation to facilitate the addition of a guanidine molecule across the double bond. ..
- Wang L, Kuo I, Tsai T, Lee C. Antrodia camphorata-fermented product cultured in deep ocean water has more liver protection against thioacetamide-induced fibrosis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;97:9955-67 pubmed publisher..camphorata-fermented functional metabolites including triterpenoids, polysaccharides, flavonoids, and polyphenols but also contributed to protection against TAA-induced damage and fibrosis. ..
- Holla H, Labaied M, Pham N, Jenkins I, Stuart K, Quinn R. Synthesis of antitrypanosomal 1,2-dioxane derivatives based on a natural product scaffold. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:4793-7 pubmed publisher..The scaffold along with its Wittig analogues has displayed low to sub-micro molar (0.2-3.3 ?M) antitrypanosomal activity...
- Nishida S, Satoh H. Role of gap junction involved with endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor for the quercetin-induced vasodilatation in rat mesenteric artery. Life Sci. 2013;92:752-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that quercetin dilates the mesenteric artery via endothelium-dependent mechanisms, and the dilatation is mainly mediated by gap junctions closely involved with endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF). ..
- Rajeshkumar R, Sundararaman M. Emergence of Candida spp. and exploration of natural bioactive molecules for anticandidal therapy--status quo. Mycoses. 2012;55:e60-73 pubmed publisher..S. FDA. In conclusion, the exploration of drugs from natural resources serves as a better alternative source in anticandidal therapeutics, having great scope for drug discovery in the future. ..
- Isingrini E, Belzung C, Freslon J, Machet M, Camus V. Fluoxetine effect on aortic nitric oxide-dependent vasorelaxation in the unpredictable chronic mild stress model of depression in mice. Psychosom Med. 2012;74:63-72 pubmed publisher..Atherosclerotic lesion was found in aorta of UCMS and nonstressed animals. As an independent risk factor, UCMS reproduced the endothelial alterations observed in depression but was not sufficient to provoke morphological alterations. ..
- Maslov L, Mrochek A, Barzakh E, Lishmanov A, Gorbunov A, Tsibul nikov S, et al. [Trigger mechanism of adaptive phenomenon of ischemic heart postconditioning]. Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2012;98:1053-69 pubmed..It is shown that B-type natriuretic peptide, transforming growth factor-beta1, cardiotrophin-1, urocortin, acetylcholine, insulin and carbon monoxide can mimic postconditioning phenomenon. ..
- Bhatnagar I, Kim S. Pharmacologically prospective antibiotic agents and their sources: a marine microbial perspective. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;34:631-43 pubmed publisher..Further, the clinical status of such compounds has also been discussed in comparison with those derived from their terrestrial counterparts. ..
- Avgerinou G, Bassukas I, Chaidemenos G, Katsampas A, Kosmadaki M, Kousoulakou H, et al. Budget impact analysis of ustekinumab in the management of moderate to severe psoriasis in Greece. BMC Dermatol. 2012;12:10 pubmed publisher..The inclusion of ustekinumab in the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis in Greece is anticipated to have short- and long-term health and economic benefits, both on an annual and per-patient basis. ..
- Senadheera S, Kim Y, Grayson T, Toemoe S, Kochukov M, Abramowitz J, et al. Transient receptor potential canonical type 3 channels facilitate endothelium-derived hyperpolarization-mediated resistance artery vasodilator activity. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;95:439-47 pubmed publisher..TRPC3 facilitates endothelial SK(Ca) and IK(Ca) activation, as key components of EDH-mediated vasodilator activity and for regulating mesenteric artery tone. ..
- Craig J, Martin W. Dominance of flow-mediated constriction over flow-mediated dilatation in the rat carotid artery. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;167:527-36 pubmed publisher..Whether this flow-mediated constriction in the carotid artery serves as an extracranial mechanism to regulate cerebral blood flow remains to be determined. ..
- Witcher D, Sakai N, Williams B, Rahimian R, Anderson L. Gender differences in the effects of streptozotocin-induced diabetes on parasympathetic vasodilatation in the rat submandibular gland. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:745-53 pubmed publisher..However, in males diabetes predominantly impairs PGI2- and NO-dependent vasodilatation, whereas in females the contribution of EDHF-mediated pathways are affected and NO-dependent vasodilatation is preferentially maintained. ..
- Manicam C, Staubitz J, Brochhausen C, Grus F, Pfeiffer N, Gericke A. The Gatekeepers in the Mouse Ophthalmic Artery: Endothelium-Dependent Mechanisms of Cholinergic Vasodilation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20322 pubmed publisher..Particularly, the Kv1.6 channel represents an attractive therapeutic target in ophthalmopathologies when NO synthesis is compromised. ..
- Mostafa N, Fitzsimmons R, Major P, Adesida A, Jomha N, Jiang H, et al. Osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells cultured with dexamethasone, vitamin D3, basic fibroblast growth factor, and bone morphogenetic protein-2. Connect Tissue Res. 2012;53:117-31 pubmed publisher..These findings could be used in the cultivation of hMSCs for cell-based strategies for bone regeneration. ..
- Idris Khodja N, Schini Kerth V. Thymoquinone improves aging-related endothelial dysfunction in the rat mesenteric artery. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2012;385:749-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, TQ improves endothelial function in aging, at least in part, through inhibition of oxidative stress and normalization of the angiotensin system. TQ may represent a novel therapeutic approach for aging-associated vascular diseases. ..
- Kang S, Shin H, Kim H, Yoon S, Kang S, Kim J, et al. Petalonia binghamiae extract and its constituent fucoxanthin ameliorate high-fat diet-induced obesity by activating AMP-activated protein kinase. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:3389-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that PBE (or fucoxanthin) exert improving effects on HFD-induced obesity by promoting ?-oxidation and reducing lipogenesis. ..