Genomes and Genes
Summary: Check list, usually to be filled out by a person about himself, consisting of many statements about personal characteristics which the subject checks.
- Ak M, Haciomeroglu B, Turan Y, Lapsekili N, Doruk A, Bozkurt A, et al. Temperament and character properties of male psoriasis patients. J Health Psychol. 2012;17:774-81 pubmed publisher..Severity of PASI was predicted by harm avoidance and reward dependence. Personality properties should be evaluated while planning therapeutic interventions for psoriasis patients. ..
- Abbate Daga G, Campisi S, Marzola E, Rocca G, Peris C, Campagnoli C, et al. Amenorrhea in eating disorders: poor stability of symptom after a one-year treatment. Eat Weight Disord. 2012;17:e78-85 pubmed..To examine whether patients with Eating Disorders (ED) who restore menses differ from those who remain amenorrheic after treatment and to provide longitudinal data about this debated criterion of Anorexia Nervosa (AN)...
- Specht J, Egloff B, Schmukle S. Stability and change of personality across the life course: the impact of age and major life events on mean-level and rank-order stability of the Big Five. J Pers Soc Psychol. 2011;101:862-82 pubmed publisher..In sum, our analyses show that personality changes throughout the life span, but with more pronounced changes in young and old ages, and that this change is partly attributable to social demands and experiences. ..
- Dingemans A, van Furth E. Binge Eating Disorder psychopathology in normal weight and obese individuals. Int J Eat Disord. 2012;45:135-8 pubmed publisher..More awareness of the existence of nonobese individuals with BED is needed. Early detection and treatment may prevent the development of overweight and it's consequences. ..
- Fang L, Heisel M, Duberstein P, Zhang J. Combined effects of neuroticism and extraversion: findings from a matched case control study of suicide in rural China. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2012;200:598-602 pubmed publisher..However, when the negative affect characteristic of neuroticism is combined with the joylessness, pessimism, and hopelessness characteristic of low extraversion, risk for suicide is elevated. ..
- Lim H, Yoon S, Oh C, Choo S, Kim T. The impact of primary spontaneous pneumothorax on multiphasic personal inventory test results in young South Korean males. Yonsei Med J. 2012;53:901-5 pubmed publisher..We analyzed the results of a multiphasic personal inventory test to investigate the psychopathologic impact of PSP in young Korean males...
- Gurven M, von Rueden C, Massenkoff M, Kaplan H, Lero Vie M. How universal is the Big Five? Testing the five-factor model of personality variation among forager-farmers in the Bolivian Amazon. J Pers Soc Psychol. 2013;104:354-70 pubmed publisher..We offer evolutionary perspectives on why the structure of personality variation may not be invariant across human societies. ..
- Rozanov V, Mid ko A. Personality patterns of suicide attempters: gender differences in Ukraine. Span J Psychol. 2011;14:693-700 pubmed
- Rector N, Bagby R, Huta V, Ayearst L. Examination of the trait facets of the five-factor model in discriminating specific mood and anxiety disorders. Psychiatry Res. 2012;199:131-9 pubmed publisher..determine the extent to which the 30 facets of the Five-Factor Model (FFM), as measured by the Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO PI-R), contribute to the identification of the unique component in mood and anxiety disorders in ..
- Josefsson K, Cloninger C, Hintsanen M, Jokela M, Pulkki Råback L, Keltikangas Jarvinen L. Associations of personality profiles with various aspects of well-being: a population-based study. J Affect Disord. 2011;133:265-73 pubmed publisher..The effect of Self-transcendence, however, seems to be culture-specific. Self-transcendence increases positive affect but, based on culture, it can also increase negative affect. ..
- Anderson N, Stanford M, Wan L, Young K. High psychopathic trait females exhibit reduced startle potentiation and increased p3 amplitude. Behav Sci Law. 2011;29:649-66 pubmed publisher..modulation and P3 amplitude in a sample of female undergraduates grouped by scores on the Psychopathic Personality Inventory-Revised (PPI-R)...
- Salokangas R, Schultze Lutter F, Hietala J, Heinimaa M, From T, Ilonen T, et al. Depression predicts persistence of paranoia in clinical high-risk patients to psychosis: results of the EPOS project. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2016;51:247-57 pubmed publisher..Effective pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatment of these disorders and anxiety may reduce paranoid symptoms in CHR patients. ..
- Doyle T, Palmer S, Johnson J, Babyak M, Smith P, Mabe S, et al. Association of anxiety and depression with pulmonary-specific symptoms in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Psychiatry Med. 2013;45:189-202 pubmed..Prospective design studies are needed to elucidate the causal relationships between anxiety and depression and pulmonary-specific symptoms in COPD patients. ..
- Steffens D, McQuoid D, Smoski M, Potter G. Clinical outcomes of older depressed patients with and without comorbid neuroticism. Int Psychogeriatr. 2013;25:1985-90 pubmed publisher..One hundred and ten older depressed adults completed baseline self-reports of depression and the NEO-Personality Inventory as a measure of neuroticism, were administered a battery of cognitive tests annually and were seen by a ..
- Trivedi M, Cutler A, Richards C, Lasser R, Geibel B, Gao J, et al. A randomized controlled trial of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate as augmentation therapy in adults with residual symptoms of major depressive disorder after treatment with escitalopram. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:802-9 pubmed publisher..6 (11.23) versus -4.9 (11.84) milliseconds (Fridericia-adjusted QTc). Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate augmentation reduced depressive symptoms in participants with inadequate escitalopram response. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00905424. ..
- Sim J, Machin L, Bartlam B. Identifying vulnerability in grief: psychometric properties of the Adult Attitude to Grief Scale. Qual Life Res. 2014;23:1211-20 pubmed publisher..The AAG was found to be a psychometrically promising tool for identifying vulnerability in grief. ..
- Olino T, Klein D. Psychometric Comparison of Self- and Informant-Reports of Personality. Assessment. 2015;22:655-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the same psychometric constructs are assessed via self- and informant-reports of these personality dimensions. Informant-reports can be used in studies to avoid biases from relying solely on self-reports. ..
- Thomas S, Reeves C, Agombar J, Greenlees I. Personality hardiness at different levels of competitive motorcycling. Percept Mot Skills. 2013;116:315-21 pubmed
- Parsons J, Rendina H, Ventuneac A, Cook K, Grov C, Mustanski B. A psychometric investigation of the hypersexual disorder screening inventory among highly sexually active gay and bisexual men: an item response theory analysis. J Sex Med. 2013;10:3088-101 pubmed publisher..Future research is needed to determine which of these issues are characteristic of the hypersexuality and HD constructs themselves and which are more likely to be methodological artifacts of the HDSI. ..
- Peck C, Schroeder R, Heinrichs R, Vondran E, Brockman C, Webster B, et al. Differences in MMPI-2 FBS and RBS scores in brain injury, probable malingering, and conversion disorder groups: a preliminary study. Clin Neuropsychol. 2013;27:693-707 pubmed publisher..in raw scores on the Symptom Validity Scale and Response Bias Scale (RBS) from the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 in three criterion groups: (i) valid traumatic brain injured, (ii) invalid traumatic brain injured, and (..
- Perlman C, Martin L, Hirdes J. Using routinely collected clinical assessments in mental health services: the resident assessment instrument-mental health. Can J Psychiatry. 2014;59:399 pubmed
- Garami J, Haber P, Myers C, Allen M, Misiak B, Frydecka D, et al. Intolerance of uncertainty in opioid dependency - Relationship with trait anxiety and impulsivity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181955 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to explore the complex relationship between traits and how they may contribute to the development and maintenance of addiction. ..
- De Pasquale C, Veroux M, Sinagra N, Sanfiorenzo A, Sanzone A, Trigona C, et al. Patterns of Personality in Living Kidney Donors. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:319-22 pubmed publisher..The psychological-psychiatric evaluation of potential donors is fundamental to certify the state of mental health and psychological well-being, an indispensable prerequisite for the donation. ..
- Youssef I, Fahmy M, Haggag W, Mohamed K, Baalash A. Dual Diagnosis and Suicide Probability in Poly-Drug Users. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2016;26:130-3 pubmed publisher..Depression and suicide probability is common consequences of substance abuse. ..
- Herzer F, Wendt J, Hamm A. Discriminant validity of constructs derived from the self-regulative model for evaluation anxiety for predicting clinical manifestations of test anxiety. Behav Res Ther. 2015;73:52-7 pubmed publisher..These constructs spread across all three domains proposed in the model, thus providing important implications for possible targets of interventions to reduce clinical levels of test anxiety. ..
- Lam D, Salkovskis P, Hogg L. 'Judging a book by its cover': An experimental study of the negative impact of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder on clinicians' judgements of uncomplicated panic disorder. Br J Clin Psychol. 2016;55:253-68 pubmed publisher..Behavioural descriptions of difficulties are less likely to result in such negative judgements and predictions. ..
- Bastiaens T, Claes L, Smits D, De Clercq B, De Fruyt F, Rossi G, et al. The Construct Validity of the Dutch Personality Inventory for DSM-5 Personality Disorders (PID-5) in a Clinical Sample. Assessment. 2016;23:42-51 pubmed publisherThe factor structure and the convergent validity of the Personality Inventory for DSM-5 (PID-5), a self-report questionnaire designed to measure personality pathology as advocated in the fifth edition, Section III of Diagnostic and ..
- Mitsui N, Asakura S, Shimizu Y, Fujii Y, Kako Y, Tanaka T, et al. Temperament and character profiles of Japanese university students with depressive episodes and ideas of suicide or self-harm: a PHQ-9 screening study. Compr Psychiatry. 2013;54:1215-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the immaturity of character profiles was clearly associated with depressive episodes and ideas of suicide or self-harm. ..
- Yin L, Jiang M, Chen W, Smales R, Wang Q, Tang L. Differences in facial profile and dental esthetic perceptions between young adults and orthodontists. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2014;145:750-6 pubmed publisher..A significant proportion of the young adults, mainly women, preferred a mild convex facial profile. High psychoticism scores might significantly affect the self-perception of orthodontic treatment needs. ..
- Hansen A, Stokkeland L, Johnsen B, Pallesen S, Waage L. The relationship between the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised and the MMPI-2: a pilot study. Psychol Rep. 2013;112:445-57 pubmed..investigate the relationship between Hare's four-facet model of psychopathy and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2) in a forensic, culturally homogenous sample. 22 male prisoners from Bergen Prison participated...
- Perry R, Krmpotich T, Thompson L, Mikulich Gilbertson S, Banich M, Tanabe J. Sex modulates approach systems and impulsivity in substance dependence. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013;133:222-7 pubmed publisher..These factors may contribute to differences in the disease course observed in male compared to female drug users. ..
- Pignatti R, Bernasconi V. Personality, clinical features, and test instructions can affect executive functions in Eating Disorders. Eat Behav. 2013;14:233-6 pubmed publisher..Perfectionist stable traits support this hypothesis, especially in AN, as excessive cognitive control can either improve or damage set-shifting and decision-making procedures. ..
- Murrough J, Iosifescu D, Chang L, Al Jurdi R, Green C, Perez A, et al. Antidepressant efficacy of ketamine in treatment-resistant major depression: a two-site randomized controlled trial. Am J Psychiatry. 2013;170:1134-42 pubmed publisher..More information on response durability and safety is required before implementation in clinical practice. ..
- Knollmann M, Reissner V, Kiessling S, Hebebrand J. [The differential classification of school avoidance- a cluster-analytic investigation]. Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother. 2013;41:335-45 pubmed publisher..Ergebnisse und Schlussfolgerung: Bezüglich weiterer Variablen (z. B. Klassenwiederholung, Mobbing, psychische Störungen bei Eltern) dominierten die Gemeinsamkeiten. ..
- Bech P, Kessing L, Bukh J. The validity of dysthymia to predict clinical depressive symptoms as measured by the Hamilton Depression Scale at the 5-year follow-up of patients with first episode depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 2016;70:563-6 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of dysthymia or neuroticism is important to perform, even in patients with first episode depression, in order to identify 'double depression'. ..
- Park S, Kim D, Jang E. Prevalence and symptomatic correlates of interpersonal trauma in South Korean outpatients with major depressive disorder. Compr Psychiatry. 2016;66:46-52 pubmed publisher..Clinicians managing individuals with depressive disorder need to include the assessment of lifetime IPT and its impact on presenting symptoms. ..
- RistiÄ‡ A, Pjevalica J, TrajkoviÄ‡ G, ParojÄiÄ‡ A, MihajloviÄ‡ A, VojvodiÄ‡ N, et al. Validation of the Neurological Disorders Depression Inventory for Epilepsy (NDDI-E) Serbian version. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;57:1-4 pubmed publisher..001). The NDDI-E Serbian version constitutes a concise and consistent depression screening instrument for patients with epilepsy. ..
- Martin E, Gonzalez R, Vassileva J, Maki P, Bechara A, Brand M. Sex and HIV serostatus differences in decision making under risk among substance-dependent individuals. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2016;38:404-15 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that decision making under risk is impaired among HIV+ substance-dependent individuals (SDIs). Potential factors for the HIV+ women's relatively greater impairment are discussed. ..
- Oltmanns J, Widiger T. Self-pathology, the five-factor model, and bloated specific factors: A cautionary tale. J Abnorm Psychol. 2016;125:423-34 pubmed publisher..Implications of these findings for past and future factor analytic studies of the structure of psychopathology are discussed. ..
- Spangenberg L, Romppel M, Bormann B, Hofmeister D, Brahler E, Strauß B. [A short version of the Narcissistic Personality Inventory (NPI-15): dimensionality and psychometric properties in a representative sample of the German population]. Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol. 2013;63:341-7 pubmed publisherThe Narcissistic Personality Inventory (NPI) is a commonly used measure of narcissism. This study administered a 15 item short version of the NPI (NPI-15)...
- Watts A, Lilienfeld S, Edens J, Douglas K, Skeem J, Verschuere B, et al. Does response distortion statistically affect the relations between self-report psychopathy measures and external criteria?. Psychol Assess. 2016;28:294-306 pubmed publisher..Further research is necessary to determine whether these findings generalize to other populations or contexts. ..
- Chiorri C, Marsh H, Ubbiali A, Donati D. Testing the Factor Structure and Measurement Invariance Across Gender of the Big Five Inventory Through Exploratory Structural Equation Modeling. J Pers Assess. 2016;98:88-99 pubmed publisher..Through ESEM one could address substantively important issues about BFI psychometric properties that could not be appropriately addressed through traditional approaches. ..
- Komiyama O, Nishimura H, Makiyama Y, Iida T, Obara R, Shinoda M, et al. Group cognitive-behavioral intervention for patients with burning mouth syndrome. J Oral Sci. 2013;55:17-22 pubmed..013), but the repeat effect was not (P = 0.93). The results suggest that a brief group CB intervention reduces pain intensity and anxiety in patients with BMS. ..
- MacDonald K, Berlow R, Thomas M. Attachment, affective temperament, and personality disorders: a study of their relationships in psychiatric outpatients. J Affect Disord. 2013;151:932-41 pubmed publisher..More broadly, given our growing understanding of the neurobiology of attachment (i.e. links with the oxytocin system), these results raise interesting questions about underlying biological systems and psychiatric treatment. ..
- Martin J, Walcott G, Clarke T, Barton E, Hickling F. The prevalence of personality disorder in a general medical hospital population in Jamaica. West Indian Med J. 2013;62:463-7 pubmed publisher..000). The prevalence of personality disorder assessed by the JPDI and the IPDE-S and the consultant DSM IV-TR instruments in Jamaica is significantly higher than the prevalence rate of studies in other countries. ..
- Brandstätter M, Kögler M, Baumann U, Fensterer V, Kuchenhoff H, Borasio G, et al. Experience of meaning in life in bereaved informal caregivers of palliative care patients. Support Care Cancer. 2014;22:1391-9 pubmed publisher..Specific interventions for carers targeted at meaning reconstruction during palliative care and bereavement are needed to help individuals regain a sense of meaning and purpose. ..
- Sesker A, Súilleabháin P, Howard S, Hughes B. Conscientiousness and mindfulness in midlife coping: An assessment based on MIDUS II. Personal Ment Health. 2016;10:29-42 pubmed publisher..001; ??=?0.40). These findings suggest that conscientiousness and mindfulness may contribute to coping responses in potentially healthful ways, highlighting new evidence regarding the potential protective role of conscientiousness. ..
- Rakofsky J, Schettler P, KINKEAD B, Frank E, Judd L, Kupfer D, et al. The prevalence and severity of depressive symptoms along the spectrum of unipolar depressive disorders: a post hoc analysis. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:1084-91 pubmed publisher..Some of the core symptoms of minor depression and MDD are not included in DSM depressive criteria or traditional assessment rating scales. ..
- Carver L, Vafaei A, Guerra R, Freire A, Phillips S. Gender differences: examination of the 12-item bem sex role inventory (BSRI-12) in an older Brazilian population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76356 pubmed publisher..Although the BSRI-12 appears to be a valid indicator of gender among elderly Brazilians, the gender role status identified with the BSRI-12 was not correlated with being male or female. ..
- Thalhammer M, Paulitsch K. [Burnout: a useful diagnosis?]. Neuropsychiatr. 2014;28:151-9 pubmed publisher..On these grounds, it appears reasonable to define burnout as long-term professional overload and a noteworthy risk factor for physical diseases and mental disorders. ..