Genomes and Genes
Summary: Standardized tests designed to measure abilities, as in intelligence, aptitude, and achievement tests, or to evaluate personality traits.
- Corrigan P, Bink A, Schmidt A, Jones N, RUSCH N. What is the impact of self-stigma? Loss of self-respect and the "why try" effect. J Ment Health. 2016;25:10-5 pubmed publisher..Findings from this study reveal the complex impact of self-stigma demonstrating its emotional and behavioral consequences. Implications for impacting self-stigma are discussed. ..
- Osman A, Lamis D, Bagge C, Freedenthal S, Barnes S. The Mindful Attention Awareness Scale: Further Examination of Dimensionality, Reliability, and Concurrent Validity Estimates. J Pers Assess. 2016;98:189-99 pubmed publisher..The 5-item MAAS is as useful as the original MAAS in enhancing our understanding of the mindfulness construct. ..
- DeCaro M, Van Stockum C, Wieth M. When higher working memory capacity hinders insight. J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 2016;42:39-49 pubmed publisher..g., solution and restructuring). By considering the WMC of the individual, and the nature of the insight task, we may better understand the process of insight and how to best support it. (PsycINFO Database Record ..
- Young C, Dietrich M. Screening for rumination and brooding may be a feasible method of identifying adolescents at high risk for depression. J Pediatr Nurs. 2014;29:688-95 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest depression prevention may benefit from screening for and targeting rumination or brooding with adolescence. ..
- Gordon J, Cheimariou S. Semantic interference in a randomized naming task: effects of age, order, and category. Cogn Neuropsychol. 2013;30:476-94 pubmed publisher..This interference effect did not vary with participant age, contrary to the hypothesis that older adults are more susceptible to semantic interference. ..
- Manella L, Woldeyohannes L, McMahon D, Linster C. Effects of experimentally necessary changes in husbandry on olfactory memory: Chronic food restriction and social isolation. Physiol Behav. 2016;155:38-45 pubmed publisher..Our results show a strong modulation of olfactory memory after both types of husbandry interventions. These results suggest that common changes in animal husbandry promote distinct and relevant changes in animal behavior. ..
- Dipl Psych I, Renwick B, de Jong H, Kenyon M, Sharpe H, Jacobi C, et al. Threat-related attentional bias in anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2014;47:168-73 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the AB in AN patients may be specific to eating disorder-relevant anxieties. ..
- Killgore W. Self-reported sleep correlates with prefrontal-amygdala functional connectivity and emotional functioning. Sleep. 2013;36:1597-608 pubmed publisher..More sleep was associated with higher emotional and psychological strength. ..
- Mohl J. Are highly hypnotizable people naturally aware of their hypnotic talents? Implications for human potentialities. Int J Clin Exp Hypn. 2013;61:251-70 pubmed publisher..An explanation accounting for this finding, implications for future research, and limitations of the study are also provided. ..
- Franco Martín M, Parra Vidales E, González Palau F, Bernate Navarro M, Solis A. [The influence of physical exercise in the prevention of cognitive deterioration in the elderly: a systematic review]. Rev Neurol. 2013;56:545-54 pubmed
- Hutchison P, Abrams D, de Moura G. Corralling the ingroup: deviant derogation and perception of group variability. J Soc Psychol. 2013;153:334-50 pubmed..The findings suggest that deviant derogation may serve to isolate undesirable members from the rest of the ingroup and protect the group's identity. ..
- Vaz S, Parsons R, Passmore A, Andreou P, Falkmer T. Internal consistency, test-retest reliability and measurement error of the self-report version of the social skills rating system in a sample of Australian adolescents. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73924 pubmed publisher..Future research needs to substantiate the clinical meaningfulness of the MEs calculated in this study by corroborating them against the respective Minimum Clinically Important Difference (MCID). ..
- Bibbey A, Ginty A, Brindle R, Phillips A, Carroll D. Blunted cardiac stress reactors exhibit relatively high levels of behavioural impulsivity. Physiol Behav. 2016;159:40-4 pubmed publisher..00, p=0.05, ? p(2)=0.085, tasks. Individuals showing blunted cardiovascular stress reactions are characterized by greater impulsivity which may contribute to their increased susceptibility to outcomes such as obesity and addiction. ..
- Lee T, Dupuis A, Jones E, Guberman C, Herbert M, Manassis K. Effects of age and subtype on emotional recognition in children with anxiety disorders: implications for cognitive-behavioural therapy. Can J Psychiatry. 2013;58:283-90 pubmed..Cependant, lorsque l’âge et les sous-types sont pris en compte, les enfants souffrant de TAS et les jeunes enfants souffrant de TAG semblent éprouver des difficultés, comparativement aux enfants sans trouble(s) anxieux. ..
- Gonzales K, Noonan C, Goins R, Henderson W, Beals J, Manson S, et al. Assessing the Everyday Discrimination Scale among American Indians and Alaska Natives. Psychol Assess. 2016;28:51-8 pubmed publisher..02). The EDS is a promising measure for assessing perceived experiences of discrimination among those AI/ANs who participated in the SDPI-HH. ..
- Lazar C, Black A, McMahon T, Rosenheck R, Ries R, Ames D, et al. All-data approach to assessing financial capability in people with psychiatric disabilities. Psychol Assess. 2016;28:362-71 pubmed publisher..Potentially, the FISCAL can be used to validate other measures of capability and to help understand how people on limited incomes manage their funds. ..
- Chochinov H, McClement S, Hack T, Thompson G, Dufault B, Harlos M. Eliciting Personhood Within Clinical Practice: Effects on Patients, Families, and Health Care Providers. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:974-80.e2 pubmed publisher..The PDQ offers an effective way of eliciting personhood, enhancing patient, family, and HCP experience alike. ..
- Aso Escario J, Martínez Quiñones J, Aso Vizán A, Arregui Calvo R, Bernal Lafuente M, Alcázar Crevillén A. Simulation in spinal diseases. Reumatol Clin. 2014;10:396-405 pubmed publisher..Clinical semiology and complementary test are adapted to the new scenario. Diagnostic strategy relies on anamnesis, clinical and complementary tests, adapting them to a uniform terminology with clear meaning of signs and symptoms. ..
- Fisher L, Overholser J. Refining the assessment of hopelessness: an improved way to look to the future. Death Stud. 2013;37:212-27 pubmed..78) and internal consistency (alpha = .91). The BHS and mBHS were similarly effective in identifying suicidal ideation. The mBHS provides clinicians with a simple alternative for assessing hopelessness and suicide risk. ..
- Uraz A, Tocak Y, Yozgatligil C, Cetiner S, Bal B. Psychological well-being, health, and stress sources in Turkish dental students. J Dent Educ. 2013;77:1345-55 pubmed..Based on the results of this study, recommendations can be made for changes in the dental education system in order to reduce stress among dental students especially during the last two years of study. ..
- Hassinger Das B, Jordan N, Glutting J, Irwin C, Dyson N. Domain-general mediators of the relation between kindergarten number sense and first-grade mathematics achievement. J Exp Child Psychol. 2014;118:78-92 pubmed publisher..The results provide empirical support for developing interventions that target executive functioning and attention problems in addition to instruction in number skills for kindergartners with initial low number sense. ..
- Weeks M, Wild T, Ploubidis G, Naicker K, Cairney J, North C, et al. Childhood cognitive ability and its relationship with anxiety and depression in adolescence. J Affect Disord. 2014;152-154:139-45 pubmed publisher..Also, an increased focus on cognitive skills may attenuate the negative effects of some stressors on subsequent anxious and depressive symptoms, regardless of child gender. ..
- Holm S, Ljungman G, Asenlöf P, Söderlund A. How children and adolescents in primary care cope with pain and the biopsychosocial factors that correlate with pain-related disability. Acta Paediatr. 2013;102:1021-6 pubmed publisher..Future prospective longitudinal studies are needed to identify possible additional variables explaining PRD, establish causality and the potential benefits of addressing these variables in interventions in primary care. ..
- Chuang C, Nakagome K, Pu S, Lan T, Lee C, Sun C. Discriminant analysis of functional optical topography for schizophrenia diagnosis. J Biomed Opt. 2014;19:011006 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the left PFC can be a feature region for discriminant analysis of schizophrenic diagnosis. ..
- Timmins L, Barnes Holmes D, Cullen C. Measuring Implicit Sexual Response Biases to Nude Male and Female Pictures in Androphilic and Gynephilic Men. Arch Sex Behav. 2016;45:829-41 pubmed publisher..Correlations between the IRAP and explicit measures of sexual orientation were consistently high. The findings support the IRAP as a potentially valuable tool in the study of sexual preferences. ..
- Bai J. Development and validation of the Acculturative Stress Scale for Chinese College Students in the United States (ASSCS). Psychol Assess. 2016;28:443-7 pubmed publisher..In the future, the scale can be used as a diagnostic tool by mental health professionals and a self-assessment tool by Chinese students. ..
- Grønning H, Kristiansen S, Dyre D, Rahmani A, Gyllenborg J, Høgh P. Caregiver burden and psychosocial services in patients with early and late onset Alzheimer's disease. Dan Med J. 2013;60:A4649 pubmed..The study was funded by a three-month scholarship grant from the research fund at Roskilde Hospital. not relevant. ..
- Azzopardi D, Strohm B, Marlow N, Brocklehurst P, Deierl A, Eddama O, et al. Effects of hypothermia for perinatal asphyxia on childhood outcomes. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:140-9 pubmed publisher..Moderate hypothermia after perinatal asphyxia resulted in improved neurocognitive outcomes in middle childhood. (Funded by the United Kingdom Medical Research Council and others; TOBY ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01092637.). ..
- Fallah N, Hsu C, Bolandzadeh N, Davis J, Beattie B, Graf P, et al. A multistate model of cognitive dynamics in relation to resistance training: the contribution of baseline function. Ann Epidemiol. 2013;23:463-8 pubmed publisher..Resistance training is efficacious in improving a measure of selective attention and conflict resolution in older women, probably more so among those with greater baseline cognitive function. ..
- Marx D, Monroe A, Cole C, Gilbert P. No doubt about it: when doubtful role models undermine men's and women's math performance under threat. J Soc Psychol. 2013;153:542-59 pubmed..Outgroup role models' expressed doubt had no differential effect on performance. We also show that expressions of doubt take on a different meaning when expressed by a female rather than a male role model. ..
- Li H, Wang E, Jin S, Wu S. Ethnic identity salience improves recognition memory in Tibetan students via priming. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol. 2016;22:229-236 pubmed publisher..Current research provides new evidence for the influence of salience of ethnic identity on group-reference effect, contributing to the application and extension of social identity theory among minority group people. ..
- Alosco M, Galioto R, Spitznagel M, Strain G, Devlin M, Cohen R, et al. Cognitive function after bariatric surgery: evidence for improvement 3 years after surgery. Am J Surg. 2014;207:870-6 pubmed publisher..Bariatric surgery may lead to lasting improvements in cognition. Prospective studies with extended follow-ups (eg, 10 years) should examine whether bariatric surgery can attenuate cognitive decline in severely obese patients. ..
- Liu X, Li L, Xiao J, Yang J, Jiang X. Abnormalities of autobiographical memory of patients with depressive disorders: a meta-analysis. Psychol Psychother. 2013;86:353-73 pubmed publisher..The parameters of AMT are important factors, which are related to the inconsistency in the assessment of AM in patients with depressive disorders. Some recommendations on AMT and programme research design are given for future research. ..
- Teo A, Lerrigo R, Rogers M. The role of social isolation in social anxiety disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Anxiety Disord. 2013;27:353-64 pubmed publisher..1 on the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale (avoidance subscale), and 21.1 on the Social Avoidance and Distress Scale. Social isolation is common in social anxiety disorder but assessed by a heterogeneous mix of measures. ..
- Fossion P, Leys C, Kempenaers C, Braun S, Verbanck P, Linkowski P. Depression, anxiety and loss of resilience after multiple traumas: an illustration of a mediated moderation model of sensitization in a group of children who survived the Nazi Holocaust. J Affect Disord. 2013;151:973-9 pubmed publisher..Resilience can be altered by multiple traumas and, therefore, needs to be bolstered in therapy sessions. ..
- Kaya F, Delen E, Young K. Psychometric properties of the Internet Addiction Test in Turkish. J Behav Addict. 2016;5:130-134 pubmed publisher..These four factors were named as Mood, Relationship, Responsibilities, and Duration. Conclusions Based on the findings, the administration of Turkish version of the IAT provided acceptable results on undergraduate students. ..
- Lannegrand Willems L, Perchec C, Marchal C. Vocational identity and psychological adjustment: a study in French adolescents and emerging adults. J Adolesc. 2016;47:210-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that clinical interventions should be adapted to the individual's identity profile. ..
- Hing N, Russell A, Gainsbury S. Unpacking the public stigma of problem gambling: The process of stigma creation and predictors of social distancing. J Behav Addict. 2016;5:448-56 pubmed publisher..Results suggest the need to increase public contact with such people, avoid perpetuation of stereotypes in media and public health communications, and reduce devaluing and discriminating attitudes and behaviors. ..
- Ã–zel CoÅŸkun B, Ã–zen M. Critical flicker frequency test for diagnosing minimal hepatic encephalopathy in patients with cirrhosis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2017;28:191-196 pubmed publisher..6% for detecting MHE. The CFF test is also a useful method for detecting MHE in xxx patients with cirrhosis. However, the CFF test should be used as an adjunct to the PHES test because of its low sensitivity for detecting MHE. ..
- Leppink E, Redden S, Grant J. Impulsivity and gambling: A complex clinical association across three measures. Am J Addict. 2016;25:138-44 pubmed publisher..It also emphasizes the importance of sub-typing impulsivity, rather than considering it a single neurocognitive feature. ..
- Pellkofer H, Havla J, Hauer D, Schelling G, Azad S, Kuempfel T, et al. The major brain endocannabinoid 2-AG controls neuropathic pain and mechanical hyperalgesia in patients with neuromyelitis optica. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71500 pubmed publisher..The degree of mechanical hyperalgesia reflecting central sensitization of nociceptive pathways seems to be controlled by the major brain endocannabinoid 2-AG. ..
- Schure M, Odden M, Goins R. The association of resilience with mental and physical health among older American Indians: the Native Elder Care Study. Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res. 2013;20:27-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that resilience among older AIs has important implications for some aspects of mental and physical health. ..
- Allen A, Kennedy P, Cryan J, Dinan T, Clarke G. Biological and psychological markers of stress in humans: focus on the Trier Social Stress Test. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2014;38:94-124 pubmed publisher..Our analysis suggests that multiple readouts are necessary to derive maximum information; this strategy will enhance our understanding of the psychobiology of stress and provide the means to assess novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Lima Verde A, Pozza D, Rodrigues L, Velly A, Guimarães A. Cross-cultural adaptation and validation for Portuguese (Brazilian) of the pictorial representation of illness and self measure instrument in orofacial pain patients. J Orofac Pain. 2013;27:271-5 pubmed publisher..24), HAD-anxiety (-0.25), and HAD-depression (-0.22) were weak. The cross-cultural adaptation process of PRISM was successful and the adapted version offers reliable and valid psychometric properties in the Brazilian context. ..