commonwealth of independent states
Summary: An economic union of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine.
- Gilmore A, McKee M. Moving East: how the transnational tobacco industry gained entry to the emerging markets of the former Soviet Union-part I: establishing cigarette imports. Tob Control. 2004;13:143-50 pubmed..Marketing restrictions that focus on advertising without restricting the use of brand or company promotions will have a limited impact. ..
- Gilmore A, McKee M. Tobacco and transition: an overview of industry investments, impact and influence in the former Soviet Union. Tob Control. 2004;13:136-42 pubmed..This influence was enhanced by the industry's significant contribution to FDI, their ability to take over existing state monopolies in all but the largest countries, and the lack of democratic opposition. ..
- Galazka A. Implications of the diphtheria epidemic in the Former Soviet Union for immunization programs. J Infect Dis. 2000;181 Suppl 1:S244-8 pubmed..g., in treatment of wounds or in school-based immunization programs]). Efforts should be undertaken to monitor diphtheria immunity in different groups by conducting age-specific serologic studies. ..
- Voskoboeva E, Krasnopolskaya X, Mirenburg T, Weber B, Hopwood J. Molecular genetics of mucopolysaccharidosis type I: mutation analysis among the patients of the former Soviet Union. Mol Genet Metab. 1998;65:174-80 pubmed..Our data suggest a closer relationship between the FSU and Scandinavian populations than with Western and Central European populations. ..
- Barr D, Field M. The current state of health care in the former Soviet Union: implications for health care policy and reform. Am J Public Health. 1996;86:307-12 pubmed..Russian health care reform leaders can learn from the health care successes in the West and avoid repeating our mistakes. ..
- Soler Badia D, Batchelor P, Sheiham A. The prevalence of oral health problems in participants of the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona. Int Dent J. 1994;44:44-8 pubmed..Recommendations are made for the conduct of future dental care facilities at Olympic Games and the collection of data. ..
- Ben Noun L. [Chronic diseases in immigrants from Russia (CIS) at a primary care clinic and their sociodemographic characteristics]. Harefuah. 1994;127:441-5, 504-5 pubmed..year (1990-1991) after their immigration to Israel ("aliyah") from 14 republics of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS, formerly the Soviet Union). Most of the olim were between 1-19 years of age...