Summary: Usual level of physical activity that is less than 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity on most days of the week.
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Zwolinsky S, McKenna J, Pringle A, Widdop P, Griffiths C, Mellis M, et al. Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Clustering: Segmentation to Optimize Active Lifestyles. J Phys Act Health. 2016;13:921-8 pubmed publisher..Public Health systems may benefit from developing policy and interventions that do more to limit sedentary behavior and encourage light intensity activity in its place. ..
- Langlois J, Omorou A, Vuillemin A, Briancon S, Lecomte E. Association of socioeconomic, school-related and family factors and physical activity and sedentary behaviour among adolescents: multilevel analysis of the PRALIMAP trial inclusion data. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:175 pubmed publisher..This trial is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov ( NCT00814554 ). The date of registration: 23 December 2008. Registration was not required at the time of the start of PRALIMAP for public health and prevention programmes and trials. ..
- Grossman D, Bibbins Domingo K, Curry S, Barry M, Davidson K, Doubeni C, et al. Screening for Obesity in Children and Adolescents: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. JAMA. 2017;317:2417-2426 pubmed publisher..B recommendation). ..
- Bellettiere J, Winkler E, Chastin S, Kerr J, Owen N, Dunstan D, et al. Associations of sitting accumulation patterns with cardio-metabolic risk biomarkers in Australian adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180119 pubmed publisher..The findings support sedentary behavior guidelines that promote reducing and regularly interrupting sitting. ..
- Tuominen P, Husu P, Raitanen J, Kujala U, Luoto R. The effect of a movement-to-music video program on the objectively measured sedentary time and physical activity of preschool-aged children and their mothers: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183317 pubmed publisher..However, mothers and children seemed to be more sedentary at home, and therefore interventions for decreasing SB and increasing PA should be targeted in the home environment. ..
- Marcora S. Can Doping be a Good Thing? Using Psychoactive Drugs to Facilitate Physical Activity Behaviour. Sports Med. 2016;46:1-5 pubmed
- Sebastião E, Learmonth Y, Motl R. Lower Physical Activity in Persons with Multiple Sclerosis at Increased Fall Risk: A Cross-sectional Study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;96:357-361 pubmed publisher..This underscores the need for well-designed interventions targeting walking in this population who are far from the recommended 10,000 steps, particularly those with IFR. ..
- Ma P, Yao Y, Sun W, Dai S, Zhou C. Daily sedentary time and its association with risk for colorectal cancer in adults: A dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7049 pubmed publisher..Prolonged television viewing, occupational sitting time, and total sitting time are associated with increased risks of colorectal cancer. ..
- Diniz T, Rossi F, Silveira L, Neves L, Fortaleza A, Christofaro D, et al. The role of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity in mediating the relationship between central adiposity and immunometabolic profile in postmenopausal women. Arch Endocrinol Metab. 2017;61:354-360 pubmed publisher..To analyze the role of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) in mediating the relationship between central adiposity and immune and metabolic profile in postmenopausal women...
- Kurita S, Yano S, Ishii K, Shibata A, Sasai H, Nakata Y, et al. Comparability of activity monitors used in Asian and Western-country studies for assessing free-living sedentary behaviour. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186523 pubmed publisher..For breaks from sedentary time, compared to the AP, both the GT3X+ the ASP can overestimate...
- Andrade S, Lachat C, Ochoa Aviles A, Verstraeten R, Huybregts L, Roberfroid D, et al. A school-based intervention improves physical fitness in Ecuadorian adolescents: a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014;11:153 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT01004367. ..
- Sigmundová D, Sigmund E, Bucksch J, Badura P, Kalman M, Hamrik Z. Trends in Screen Time Behaviours in Czech Schoolchildren between 2002 and 2014: HBSC Study. Cent Eur J Public Health. 2017;25 Suppl 1:S15-S20 pubmed publisher..80, 95% CI=0.70-0.92) between 2006 and 2014. As screen time is an important indicator of time spent in a sedentary way, our findings call for more interventions to reduce the time that school-aged children spend in front of screens. ..
- Carson V, Tremblay M, Chastin S. Cross-sectional associations between sleep duration, sedentary time, physical activity, and adiposity indicators among Canadian preschool-aged children using compositional analyses. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:848 pubmed publisher..Future research is needed to determine the optimal movement behaviour composition that should be promoted in this age group. ..
- Morvan E, Lima N, Machi J, Mostarda C, de Angelis K, Irigoyen M, et al. Metabolic, hemodynamic and structural adjustments to low intensity exercise training in a metabolic syndrome model. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:89 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LET, a widely recommended practice, seems to be particularly effective for preventing metabolic, hemodynamic and morphological disorders triggered by MS. ..
- Lipsky L, Nansel T, Haynie D, Liu D, Li K, Pratt C, et al. Diet quality of US adolescents during the transition to adulthood: changes and predictors. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1424-1432 pubmed publisher..There is substantial room for improvement in diet quality in all sociodemographic subgroups. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01031160. ..
- Nicoll J, Fry A, Galpin A, Thomason D, Moore C. Resting MAPK expression in chronically trained endurance runners. Eur J Sport Sci. 2017;17:1194-1202 pubmed publisher..These alterations are likely involved in the different physiological adaptations that occur following long-term training or at highly competitive levels. ..
- Scholes S, Coombs N, Pedisic Z, Mindell J, Bauman A, Rowlands A, et al. Age- and sex-specific criterion validity of the health survey for England Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Assessment Questionnaire as compared with accelerometry. Am J Epidemiol. 2014;179:1493-502 pubmed publisher..The PASBAQ is a useful and valid instrument for ranking individuals according to levels of physical activity and sedentary behavior. ..
- Elley C, Dawes D, Dawes M, Price M, Draper H, Goodyear Smith F. Screening for lifestyle and mental health risk factors in the waiting room: feasibility study of the Case-finding Health Assessment Tool. Can Fam Physician. 2014;60:e527-34 pubmed..Most comments were positive. The CHAT allowed efficient identification of 9 risk factors, as well as identification of those wanting help. It could be used to screen all or targeted adult Canadian primary care patients in waiting rooms. ..
- Nightingale C, Rudnicka A, Donin A, Sattar N, Cook D, Whincup P, et al. Screen time is associated with adiposity and insulin resistance in children. Arch Dis Child. 2017;102:612-616 pubmed publisher..While these observations are of considerable public health interest, evidence from randomised controlled trials is needed to suggest causality. ..
- Fenton S, Veldhuijzen van Zanten J, Kitas G, Duda J, Rouse P, Yu C, et al. Sedentary behaviour is associated with increased long-term cardiovascular risk in patients with rheumatoid arthritis independently of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:131 pubmed publisher..Promoting LPA participation and restricting sedentary bouts to <20 min may attenuate long-term CVD risk in RA, independent of MVPA engagement. ISRCTN04121489 (retrospectively registered 19/10/2012). ..
- Shaw R, ÄŒukiÄ‡ I, Deary I, Gale C, Chastin S, Dall P, et al. The Influence of Neighbourhoods and the Social Environment on Sedentary Behaviour in Older Adults in Three Prospective Cohorts. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Most other neighbourhood and social participation measures showed no association with sedentary time. ..
- Ruiz J, Ortega F, Martinez Gomez D, Labayen I, Moreno L, De Bourdeaudhuij I, et al. Objectively measured physical activity and sedentary time in European adolescents: the HELENA study. Am J Epidemiol. 2011;174:173-84 pubmed publisher..These data provide an objective measure of physical activity and amount of time spent in sedentary behaviors in a relatively large number of European adolescents. ..
- Philips N, Sioen I, Michels N, Sleddens E, de Henauw S. The influence of parenting style on health related behavior of children: findings from the ChiBS study. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014;11:95 pubmed publisher..e., more "structure" and "behavioral control", and less "coercive control". They could, for instance, supervise and manage their child's activities and help their child to achieve certain goals. ..
- Forward A. Examining child sedentary behaviour in the context of children's current multimedia environment. Can J Public Health. 2017;108:e102 pubmed publisher..No abstract available. ..
- García Esquinas E, Andrade E, Martinez Gomez D, Caballero F, Lopez Garcia E, Rodriguez Artalejo F. Television viewing time as a risk factor for frailty and functional limitations in older adults: results from 2 European prospective cohorts. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017;14:54 pubmed publisher..Among older adults, longer television viewing time is prospectively associated with limitations in physical function independently of physical activity. ..
- Han H, Pettee Gabriel K, KOHL H. Application of the transtheoretical model to sedentary behaviors and its association with physical activity status. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176330 pubmed publisher..A lack of association between physical activity and the psychological determinants of sedentary behavior was found. ..
- López Vicente M, Garcia Aymerich J, Torrent Pallicer J, Forns J, Ibarluzea J, Lertxundi N, et al. Are Early Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviors Related to Working Memory at 7 and 14 Years of Age?. J Pediatr. 2017;188:35-41.e1 pubmed publisher..High sedentary behavior levels at primary school age were related negatively to working memory in adolescent boys. ..
- Heianza Y, Qi L. Gene-Diet Interaction and Precision Nutrition in Obesity. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..has coincided with a profound shift of our living environment, including unhealthy dietary patterns, a sedentary lifestyle, and physical inactivity...
- De Cocker K, De Bourdeaudhuij I, Cardon G, Vandelanotte C. What are the working mechanisms of a web-based workplace sitting intervention targeting psychosocial factors and action planning?. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:382 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov NCT02672215 ; (Archived by WebCite at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02672215 ). ..
- Laeremans M, Dons E, Avila Palencia I, Carrasco Turigas G, Orjuela J, Anaya E, et al. Physical activity and sedentary behaviour in daily life: A comparative analysis of the Global Physical Activity Questionnaire (GPAQ) and the SenseWear armband. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177765 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggested an easy-to-implement approach for future studies adding the GPAQ to the wearable of choice as a basis for comparisons. ..
- Lakerveld J, van der Ploeg H, Kroeze W, Ahrens W, Allais O, Andersen L, et al. Towards the integration and development of a cross-European research network and infrastructure: the DEterminants of DIet and Physical ACtivity (DEDIPAC) Knowledge Hub. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014;11:143 pubmed publisher..Insights will be translated into more effective interventions and policies for the promotion of healthier behaviours and more effective monitoring and evaluation of the impacts of such interventions. ..
- Uys M, BASSETT S, Draper C, Micklesfield L, Monyeki A, de Villiers A, et al. Results From South Africa's 2016 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth. J Phys Act Health. 2016;13:S265-S273 pubmed..There is an urgent need for practice-based evidence based on evaluation of existing, scaled up interventions. ..
- Lim M, Park B, Kong I, Sim S, Kim S, Kim J, et al. Leisure sedentary time is differentially associated with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia depending on occupation. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:278 pubmed publisher..The unemployed are more susceptible than other occupation groups to cardio-metabolic diseases when leisure time is sedentary. ..
- Rosset R, Lecoultre V, Egli L, Cros J, Rey V, Stefanoni N, et al. Endurance Training with or without Glucose-Fructose Ingestion: Effects on Lactate Metabolism Assessed in a Randomized Clinical Trial on Sedentary Men. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Training with or without glucose-fructose increases lactate clearance, without altering lactate appearance and oxidation during exercise. ..
- Amagasa S, Fukushima N, Kikuchi H, Takamiya T, Oka K, Inoue S. Light and sporadic physical activity overlooked by current guidelines makes older women more active than older men. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017;14:59 pubmed publisher..Considering accumulated evidence on health benefits of LPA and short-bout MVPA, our findings highlight the potential for the limitation of assessing PA using current PA guidelines. ..
- Bohn L, Ramõa A, Silva G, Silva N, Abreu S, Ribeiro F, et al. Sedentary Behavior and Arterial Stiffness in Adults with and without Metabolic Syndrome. Int J Sports Med. 2017;38:396-401 pubmed publisher..9±1.0 vs. 8.9±1.0?m/s; p<0.05). Sedentary time is associated with cfPWV independently of age and metabolic risk factors. A higher Sed in MetS individuals lead to a worse arterial stiffness profile. ..
- Thompson K, Hosking H, Pederick W, Singh I, Santhakumar A. The effect of anthocyanin supplementation in modulating platelet function in sedentary population: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:368-374 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that dietary ACN supplementation has the potential to alleviate biomarkers of thrombogenesis, platelet hyperactivation and hyper-aggregation in sedentary population. ..
- Thorp A, McNaughton S, Owen N, Dunstan D. Independent and joint associations of TV viewing time and snack food consumption with the metabolic syndrome and its components; a cross-sectional study in Australian adults. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013;10:96 pubmed publisher..In addition to physical activity, population strategies targeting MetS prevention should address high TV time and excessive snack food intake. ..
- Júdice P, Hamilton M, Sardinha L, Zderic T, Silva A. What is the metabolic and energy cost of sitting, standing and sit/stand transitions?. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2016;116:263-73 pubmed..32 kcal min(?1) above sitting. Therefore, public health messages recommending to interrupt sitting frequently should be informed of the modest energetic costs regardless of sex and body composition. ..
- Jago R, Solomon Moore E, Macdonald Wallis C, Sebire S, Thompson J, Lawlor D. Change in children's physical activity and sedentary time between Year 1 and Year 4 of primary school in the B-PROACT1V cohort. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017;14:33 pubmed publisher..Result support early interventions to prevent the age-related decline in children's physical activity. ..
- Dombrowski M, Mueller P. Sedentary conditions and enhanced responses to GABA in the RVLM: role of the contralateral RVLM. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R158-R168 pubmed publisherA sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and both conditions are associated with overactivity of the sympathetic nervous system...
- Rossen J, Buman M, Johansson U, Yngve A, Ainsworth B, Brismar K, et al. Reallocating bouted sedentary time to non-bouted sedentary time, light activity and moderate-vigorous physical activity in adults with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181053 pubmed publisher..The results of this study confirm the importance of reallocation sedentary time to MVPA. ..
- Diaz K, Goldsmith J, Greenlee H, Strizich G, Qi Q, Mossavar Rahmani Y, et al. Prolonged, Uninterrupted Sedentary Behavior and Glycemic Biomarkers Among US Hispanic/Latino Adults: The HCHS/SOL (Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos). Circulation. 2017;136:1362-1373 pubmed publisher..Accruing sedentary time in prolonged, uninterrupted bouts may be deleteriously associated with biomarkers of glucose regulation. ..
- Dias L, Nienov O, Goelzer Neto C, Schmid H. Unsteady walking as a symptom in type 2 diabetes mellitus: independent association with depression and sedentary lifestyle and no association with diabetic neuropathy. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2018;51:e6605 pubmed publisher..03), T2DM duration (P=0.023; 95%CI=1.00-1.03), number of co-morbidities (P=0.032; 95%CI=1.01-1.37), and a sedentary lifestyle (P=0.025; 95%CI=1.06-2.5)...
- Romé A, Persson U, Ekdahl C, Gard G. Physical activity on prescription (PAP): costs and consequences of a randomized, controlled trial in primary healthcare. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2009;27:216-22 pubmed publisher..Long-term follow-up can determine the sustainability of the results, and can be used in a future cost-effectiveness analysis. ..
- Roemmich J. Height-Adjustable Desks: Energy Expenditure, Liking, and Preference of Sitting and Standing. J Phys Act Health. 2016;13:1094-1099 pubmed..4 h/d after 12 months. Standing rather than sitting increased EE by 7.5 kcal/h. Use of a height adjustable desk for 12 months did not alter the hedonic value of standing or sitting, which is promising for long-term increases in standing. ..
- Gardner B, Smith L, Mansfield L. How did the public respond to the 2015 expert consensus public health guidance statement on workplace sedentary behaviour? A qualitative analysis. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:47 pubmed publisher..Concerns about the credibility and purpose of public health testify to the importance of public engagement in public health guidance development. ..
- Ashby Mitchell K, Burns R, Shaw J, Anstey K. Proportion of dementia in Australia explained by common modifiable risk factors. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:11 pubmed publisher..However, further data on risk factor treatment and dementia risk reduction from population-based studies are needed to investigate whether our estimates of potential dementia prevention are indeed realistic. ..
- Hewett Z, Pumpa K, Smith C, Fahey P, Cheema B. Effect of a 16-week Bikram yoga program on heart rate variability and associated cardiovascular disease risk factors in stressed and sedentary adults: A randomized controlled trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:226 pubmed publisher..Retrospectively registered with Australia New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry ACTRN12616000867493 . Registered 04 July 2016. ..
- Ying C, Kuay L, Huey T, Hock L, Hamid H, Omar M, et al. Prevalence and factors associated with physical inactivity among Malaysian adults. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2014;45:467-80 pubmed..Specific health intervention strategies to promote physical activity should be targeted on population subgroups who are inactive. ..
- Fini N, Holland A, Keating J, Simek J, Bernhardt J. How Physically Active Are People Following Stroke? Systematic Review and Quantitative Synthesis. Phys Ther. 2017;97:707-717 pubmed publisher..Physical activity levels do not meet guidelines following stroke. Time spent inactive and sedentary is high at all times. Increasing PA and developing standardized activity targets may be important across all stages of stroke recovery. ..
- Dall P, Ellis S, Ellis B, Grant P, Colyer A, Gee N, et al. The influence of dog ownership on objective measures of free-living physical activity and sedentary behaviour in community-dwelling older adults: a longitudinal case-controlled study. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:496 pubmed publisher..The scale of the influence of dog ownership on PA found in this study, indicates that future research regarding PA in older adults should assess and report dog ownership and/or dog walking status. ..
- Oliver M, Badland H, Schofield G, Shepherd J. Identification of accelerometer nonwear time and sedentary behavior. Res Q Exerc Sport. 2011;82:779-83 pubmed
- Kesztyüs D, Traub M, Lauer R, Kesztyüs T, Steinacker J. Skipping breakfast is detrimental for primary school children: cross-sectional analysis of determinants for targeted prevention. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:258 pubmed publisher..To reach all children and to avoid skipping breakfast, schools should offer regular breakfast at the start of a school day. Policy makers should support healthy eating habits at all times. ..
- Edwards M, Blaha M, Loprinzi P. Influence of sedentary behavior, physical activity, and cardiorespiratory fitness on the atherogenic index of plasma. J Clin Lipidol. 2017;11:119-125 pubmed publisher..14; 95% CI, -0.28 to -0.001; P = .04). Interventions targeting improvements in lipid profile (AIP) may wish to promote adequate MVPA over CRF or decreased sedentary behavior. ..
- Myers A, Gibbons C, Butler E, Dalton M, Buckland N, Blundell J, et al. A novel integrative procedure for identifying and integrating three-dimensions of objectively measured free-living sedentary behaviour. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:979 pubmed publisher..The novel data integration and processing procedures presented in this paper represents an opportunity to investigate whether different components of SB are differentially related to health end points. ..
- Jonietz E. Pathology: Cause and effect. Nature. 2012;485:S10-11 pubmed
- Carson V, Salmon J, Arundell L, Ridgers N, Cerin E, Brown H, et al. Examination of mid-intervention mediating effects on objectively assessed sedentary time among children in the Transform-Us! cluster-randomized controlled trial. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013;10:62 pubmed publisher..More work is also needed on the development of reliable mediator measures that are sensitive to change overtime. ACTRN12609000715279. ISRCTN83725066. ..
- Oudegeest Sander M, Olde Rikkert M, Smits P, Thijssen D, van Dijk A, Levine B, et al. The effect of an advanced glycation end-product crosslink breaker and exercise training on vascular function in older individuals: a randomized factorial design trial. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:1509-17 pubmed..Despite the clinical benefits of exercise training for older individuals, neither exercise training nor Alagebrium (alone or in combination) was able to reverse the vascular effects of decades of sedentary aging. ..
- Engbers M, Blom J, Cushman M, Rosendaal F, van Hylckama Vlieg A. Functional Impairment and Risk of Venous Thrombosis in Older Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:2003-2008 pubmed publisher..impairment in two or more activities of daily living (ADLs), impaired mobility (inability to walk outside), sedentary lifestyle (?20 h/d sleeping or sitting), and low handgrip strength (<15th percentile), was assessed...
- Devís Devís J, Lizandra J, Valencia Peris A, Pérez Gimeno E, García Massó X, Peiró Velert C. Longitudinal changes in physical activity, sedentary behavior and body mass index in adolescence: Migrations towards different weight cluster. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179502 pubmed publisher..Therefore, there are other ways of changing to a lower-weight status in adolescents apart from those in which physical activity and sedentary behavior are involved...
- Jalayondeja C, Jalayondeja W, Mekhora K, Bhuanantanondh P, Dusadi Isariyavong A, Upiriyasakul R. Break in Sedentary Behavior Reduces the Risk of Noncommunicable Diseases and Cardiometabolic Risk Factors among Workers in a Petroleum Company. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Hence, to promote a healthy lifestyle and safe workplace, organizations should encourage standing activities during break and physically active commutes, and have workers avoid prolonged sitting. ..
- Leiva A, Martínez M, Cristi Montero C, Salas C, Ramírez Campillo R, Díaz Martínez X, et al. [Sedentary lifestyle is associated with metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors independent of physical activity]. Rev Med Chil. 2017;145:458-467 pubmed publisher..Therefore, reducing sedentary time should be targeted in the population apart from increasing their physical activity levels. ..
- van Nassau F, Mackenbach J, Compernolle S, De Bourdeaudhuij I, Lakerveld J, van der Ploeg H. Individual and environmental correlates of objectively measured sedentary time in Dutch and Belgian adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186538 pubmed publisher..These findings may be used to inform the development of strategies and interventions aimed at reducing sedentary time, and to identify high risk groups...
- Moore D. Keeping older muscle “young” through dietary protein and physical activity. Adv Nutr. 2014;5:599S-607S pubmed..Anabolic resistance is also a hallmark of a sedentary lifestyle at any age...
- Owolabi M, Sarfo F, Howard V, Irvin M, Gebregziabher M, Akinyemi R, et al. Stroke in Indigenous Africans, African Americans, and European Americans: Interplay of Racial and Geographic Factors. Stroke. 2017;48:1169-1175 pubmed publisher..3%), AA (36.8%), and EA (21.0%; P<0.0001). Premorbid sedentary lifestyle was similar in AA (37.7%) and EA (34.0%) but lower frequency in IA (8.0%)...
- Bertoglia M, Gormaz J, Libuy M, Sanhueza D, Gajardo A, Srur A, et al. The population impact of obesity, sedentary lifestyle, and tobacco and alcohol consumption on the prevalence of type 2 diabetes: Analysis of a health population survey in Chile, 2010. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178092 pubmed publisherTo estimate the impact of tobacco use, sedentary lifestyle, obesity and alcohol consumption on type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) prevalence in the Chilean population...
- Kolt G, George E, Rebar A, Duncan M, Vandelanotte C, Caperchione C, et al. Associations between quality of life and duration and frequency of physical activity and sedentary behaviour: Baseline findings from the WALK 2.0 randomised controlled trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180072 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies are required to investigate these associations in different population groups over time. ..