Summary: Attachment, conscious or unconscious, of emotional feeling and significance to an idea, object or most commonly a person.
- Resta G. [Pregnancy and breast-feeding: developmental stages of mother-child bonding]. Ann Ostet Ginecol Med Perinat. 1992;113:201-6 pubmed..The author is trying to illustrate some physiological and pathological equilibrium between these tendencies towards reciprocal dependence and reciprocal mother-child autonomy. ..
- Giménez Amaya J. [Neural mechanisms of attachment behaviors and pregnancy]. Cuad Bioet. 2009;20:333-8 pubmed..Maternal behaviors might be reasonably well characterized in terms of cognitive-emotional interactions and brain amygdala function is their cognitive-emotional connector hub. ..
- Wulff E. [Paranoid conspiratory delusion]. Psychiatr Prax. 1987;14 Suppl 1:14-22 pubmed..Inspired by Freuds interpretation of the case Schreber, the cathexis of socially recognized meanings with subjective interest is described as a matrix of cathexis...
- Taffoni F, Von H. TACT glossary: toys. Clin Ter. 2010;161:573-4 pubmed..This entry explores the use of the word "toys" from a technological point of view focussing on mechatronic toys and their applications. ..
- Canbulat N, Gözen D, Köse D, Arda N. Effects of body mass index on adolescents' social comparisons and body cathexis in Istanbul. Coll Antropol. 2011;35:1323-6 pubmed..the distribution of body mass index (BMI) values and scores on the Social Comparison Scale (SCS) and the Body Cathexis Scale (BCS)...
- Russac R, Steighner N, Canto A. Grief work versus continuing bonds: a call for paradigm integration or replacement?. Death Stud. 2002;26:463-78 pubmed..In support of continuing bonds, however, perceived similarity did not decline over time, nor was overall perception of similarity among grievers different from their matched controls. ..
- Sheinbaum T, Bedoya E, Kwapil T, Barrantes Vidal N. Comparison of self-reported attachment in young adults from Spain and the United States. Psicothema. 2013;25:514-9 pubmed publisher..We discuss an alternative interpretation of the two factors, as well as further measurement considerations and directions for future research. ..
- Heiney S. Social disconnection in African American women with breast cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2014;41:E28-34 pubmed publisher..Nurses should be alert to the possibility of social disconnection in patients with cancer. Nurses can assist the patient in talking to his or her family and friends about the cancer diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Aisenstein M. The indissociable unity of psyche and soma: a view from the Paris Psychosomatic School. Int J Psychoanal. 2006;87:667-80 pubmed..He provides a starting point for the Paris Psychosomatic School's psychoanalytical approach to patients afflicted with somatic illnesses. To illustrate the technical implications of this theory the author relates two clinical cases. ..
- Salomonsson B. Cathecting body and mind in a new relationship: aspects of the analytic method in work with adolescents. Int J Psychoanal. 2002;83:685-8 pubmed
- Brinich P, Gilmore K. Child psychoanalysis: cathecting and verbalising affects in a new relationship. Aspects of the analytic method in work with children. Int J Psychoanal. 2002;83:473-7 pubmed
- Tucker L, Maxwell K. Effects of weight training on the emotional well-being and body image of females: predictors of greatest benefit. Am J Health Promot. 1992;6:338-44, 371 pubmed..Subjects were pre- and posttested on the General Well-Being Schedule and the Body Cathexis Scale. Experimental subjects were also tested in muscular strength and three skinfold measurements...
- Kreitler S, Kreitler H. Body image: the dimension of size. Genet Soc Gen Psychol Monogr. 1988;114:5-32 pubmed..estimations, a grouping into bodily and facial images, increasing unitariness, negative correlations with body cathexis and satisfaction, bodily sophistication, and the richness of the self concept and positive correlations with ..
- Macdiarmid D. Self-cathexis and other-cathexis. Vicissitudes in the history of an observation. Br J Psychiatry. 1989;154:844-52 pubmedThe history is traced of observations made of the phenomena associated with self-cathexis and other-cathexis...
- Juni S. The role of the object in drive cathexis and psychosexual development. J Psychol. 1992;126:429-42 pubmedAlternate axes are explored in the orthodox formulation of drive cathexis and psychosexual development, with implications for corresponding object relation modes engendered by these processes...