Summary: Process by which organisms use various cues to develop a route to a destination and their ability to travel such a planned route.
- Ito S, Feldheim D, Litke A. Segregation of Visual Response Properties in the Mouse Superior Colliculus and Their Modulation during Locomotion. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8428-8443 pubmed publisher..Locomotion modulates the cells in the SC. These findings contribute to our understanding of how the SC processes visual inputs, a critical step in comprehending visually guided behaviors. ..
- Yao X, Liu S, Ding W, Yue P, Jiang Q, Zhao M, et al. TLR4 signal ablation attenuated neurological deficits by regulating microglial M1/M2 phenotype after traumatic brain injury in mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;310:38-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, TLR4 deficiency contributes to regulating microglia to switch to the M2 phenotype, which ameliorates neurological impairment after TBI. ..
- Lester A, Moffat S, Wiener J, Barnes C, Wolbers T. The Aging Navigational System. Neuron. 2017;95:1019-1035 pubmed publisher..Following an introduction to the mechanisms underlying spatial navigation and how they relate to general processes of learning and memory, the review discusses how aging affects the ..
- Schütt H, Wichmann F. An image-computable psychophysical spatial vision model. J Vis. 2017;17:12 pubmed publisher..In addition, it may serve as a building block for models of higher level processing. ..
- Murray T, Zeil J. Quantifying navigational information: The catchment volumes of panoramic snapshots in outdoor scenes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187226 pubmed publisher..We discuss the current limitations of mapping navigational information in natural environments and the relevance of our findings for our understanding of visual navigation in animals and autonomous robots. ..
- Shiozaki H, Kazama H. Parallel encoding of recent visual experience and self-motion during navigation in Drosophila. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1395-1403 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fly's navigation system organizes multiple types of information in parallel channels, which may compactly transmit signals without interference for decision-making during flight. ..