Summary: Behavior associated with the procurement of goods, services, or experiences.
- O Connor K, Carroll G, Kovacs B. Disambiguating authenticity: Interpretations of value and appeal. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179187 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest additional directions for research on authenticity. ..
- Ersek M, Miller S, Wagner T, Thorpe J, Smith D, Levy C, et al. Association between aggressive care and bereaved families' evaluation of end-of-life care for veterans with non-small cell lung cancer who died in Veterans Affairs facilities. Cancer. 2017;123:3186-3194 pubmed publisher..Specialized care provided within an HPC unit may mitigate the negative effects of aggressive care on these outcomes. Cancer 2017;123:3186-94. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Delaney T, Wyse R, Yoong S, Sutherland R, Wiggers J, Ball K, et al. Cluster randomised controlled trial of a consumer behaviour intervention to improve healthy food purchases from online canteens: study protocol. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e014569 pubmed publisher..Study findings will be disseminated widely through peer-reviewed publications and relevant presentations in international conferences and to stakeholders. ACTRN12616000499482. ..
- Menegon L, Vincenzi S, de Andrade D, Barbetta P, Merino E, Vink P. Design and validation of an aircraft seat comfort scale using item response theory. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:216-226 pubmed publisher..Further research is advised to compare the outcome of this questionnaire with other research methods, and to check if the questionnaire is sensitive enough and whether its conclusions are useful in practice. ..
- van der Wouden C, Carere D, Maitland van der Zee A, Ruffin M, Roberts J, Green R. Consumer Perceptions of Interactions With Primary Care Providers After Direct-to-Consumer Personal Genomic Testing. Ann Intern Med. 2016;164:513-22 pubmed publisher..National Institutes of Health. ..
- Abos Mendizabal G, Nuño Solinis R, Zaballa González I. HOBE+, a case study: a virtual community of practice to support innovation in primary care in Basque Public Health Service. BMC Fam Pract. 2013;14:168 pubmed publisher..In addition, the usefulness of the VCoP was assessed through a survey gathering the opinions of the professionals involved. ..
- Thomas J, Penchansky R. Relating satisfaction with access to utilization of services. Med Care. 1984;22:553-68 pubmed
- Louis D, Palmer A, Burney R. Open treatment of digital tip injuries. JAMA. 1980;244:697-8 pubmed
- Liu C, Tang Y, Wang D, Zhang X. The effect of public reporting presentation on patients' decision making: An experimental survey in Yunan Province, China. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7203 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that numerical and ranked PRCPI, combined with sufficient patient education, could be most effective to facilitate patient use. ..
- Bes R, Curfs E, Groenewegen P, de Jong J. Selective contracting and channelling patients to preferred providers: A scoping review. Health Policy. 2017;121:504-514 pubmed publisher..Future research should focus on the role of trust and how people weigh different attributes of health plans if selective contracting and channelling is to be implemented in a manner acceptable to enrolees. ..
- Nicholas J, Fogarty A, Boydell K, Christensen H. The Reviews Are in: A Qualitative Content Analysis of Consumer Perspectives on Apps for Bipolar Disorder. J Med Internet Res. 2017;19:e105 pubmed publisher..However, this expectation is incompatible with current mHealth funding structures. ..
- Shaughnessy K, Rocheleau J, Kamalou S, Moscovitch D. The Effects of Social Anxiety and Online Privacy Concern on Individual Differences in Internet-Based Interaction Anxiety and Communication Preferences. Cyberpsychol Behav Soc Netw. 2017;20:212-217 pubmed publisher..Findings help to illuminate the ways in which online communication preferences may be differentially shaped by people's levels of SA and OPCs, respectively. Theoretical implications and applications are discussed. ..
- Kang M, Cho H, Park H, Jun S, Yoon K. A wellness platform for stereoscopic 3D video systems using EEG-based visual discomfort evaluation technology. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:158-167 pubmed publisher..Applications of the proposed platform to various S3D industries are suggested, and further technical challenges are discussed for follow-up research. ..
- Velt K, Daanen H. Optimal bus temperature for thermal comfort during a cool day. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:72-76 pubmed publisher..The methodology to relate climatic measurements to subjective assessments is currently employed in a wider climatic range and may prove to be useful to find a better balance between thermal comfort and energy savings of the bus. ..
- Aleksandrowicz L, Tak M, Green R, Kinra S, Haines A. Comparison of food consumption in Indian adults between national and sub-national dietary data sources. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:1013-1019 pubmed publisher..The underlying methods of the compared data highlight possible sources of under- or over-estimation, and influence their relevance for addressing various research questions and programmatic needs. ..
- de Pee S, Moench Pfanner R, Martini E, Zlotkin S, Darnton Hill I, Bloem M. Home fortification in emergency response and transition programming: experiences in Aceh and Nias, Indonesia. Food Nutr Bull. 2007;28:189-97 pubmed..This experience demonstrates that providing micronutrients as part of emergency relief and transition programming, as recently recommended by the World Health Organization/UNICEF/World Food Program, is feasible. ..
- Trochelman K, Albert N, Spence J, Murray T, Slifcak E. Patients and their families weigh in on evidence-based hospital design. Crit Care Nurse. 2012;32:e1-e10 pubmed publisher..Critical care nurses must be aware of the current need to recognize how much the physical environment influences care delivery and take steps to maximize patients' safety, satisfaction, and quality of care. ..
- Priestman T, Baum M. Evaluation of quality of life in patients receiving treatment for advanced breast cancer. Lancet. 1976;1:899-900 pubmed..The results also suggest that the subjective toxicity of cytotoxic therapy is not related to the patient's age and diminishes with successive courses of drugs. ..
- McBride K, Reynoso A, Alunan T, Gutierrez B, Bacong A, Moon M, et al. Cal MediConnect Enrollment: Why Are Dual-Eligible Consumers in Los Angeles County Opting Out?. Policy Brief UCLA Cent Health Policy Res. 2017;2017:1-8 pubmed
- Bellamy N, Buchanan W, Goldsmith C, Campbell J, Stitt L. Validation study of WOMAC: a health status instrument for measuring clinically important patient relevant outcomes to antirheumatic drug therapy in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. J Rheumatol. 1988;15:1833-40 pubmed..WOMAC is a disease-specific purpose built high performance instrument for evaluative research in osteoarthritis clinical trials. ..
- Price S, Bonilla E, Zador P, Levis D, Kilgo C, Cannon M. Educating women about congenital cytomegalovirus: assessment of health education materials through a web-based survey. BMC Womens Health. 2014;14:144 pubmed publisher..As women become more knowledgeable about CMV and transmission routes, we expect they will be more likely to adopt prevention behaviors, thereby reducing their risk of CMV infection. ..
- Adamides G, Katsanos C, Parmet Y, Christou G, Xenos M, Hadzilacos T, et al. HRI usability evaluation of interaction modes for a teleoperated agricultural robotic sprayer. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:237-246 pubmed publisher..Specific recommendations for mobile field robot teleoperation to improve HRI awareness for the agricultural spraying task are presented. ..
- Lin F, Tsai S, Lee Y, Hsiao C, Zhou J, Wang J, et al. Empirical research on Kano's model and customer satisfaction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183888 pubmed publisher..The results of this study can serve as a reference for product designers to create attractive quality attributes in their products and thus enhance customer satisfaction. ..
- Tal A, Niemann S, Wansink B. Depicted serving size: cereal packaging pictures exaggerate serving sizes and promote overserving. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:169 pubmed publisherExtensive work has focused on the effects of nutrition label information on consumer behavior on the one hand, and on the effects of packaging graphics on the other hand...
- Deelen I, Jansen M, Dogterom N, Kamphuis C, Ettema D. Do objective neighbourhood characteristics relate to residents' preferences for certain sports locations? A cross-sectional study using a discrete choice modelling approach. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:943 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal study designs are necessary to assess causality: do active people choose to live in sports-facilitating neighbourhoods, or do neighbourhood characteristics affect sports participation? ..
- Larsen D, Attkisson C, Hargreaves W, Nguyen T. Assessment of client/patient satisfaction: development of a general scale. Eval Program Plann. 1979;2:197-207 pubmed
- Romo Muñoz R, Cabas Monje J, Garrido Henrríquez H, Gil J. Heterogeneity and nonlinearity in consumers' preferences: An application to the olive oil shopping behavior in Chile. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184585 pubmed publisher..Under the second regime, Chilean olive oil in larger containers is preferred. ..
- Potter J, Coleman Minahan K, White K, Powers D, Dillaway C, Stevenson A, et al. Contraception After Delivery Among Publicly Insured Women in Texas: Use Compared With Preference. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:393-402 pubmed publisher..Expansion of immediate postpartum LARC provision as well as contraceptive coverage for undocumented women could reduce the gap between preference and use. ..
- Shomar B, Hawari J. Desalinated drinking water in the GCC countries - The need to address consumer perceptions. Environ Res. 2017;158:203-211 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, consumer awareness and outreach campaigns should be implemented to encourage people to drink tap water in the GCC countries. ..
- Hyshka E, Karekezi K, Tan B, Slater L, Jahrig J, Wild T. The role of consumer perspectives in estimating population need for substance use services: a scoping review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:217 pubmed publisher..Further scholarship is needed to integrate multidisciplinary perspectives in this literature, and fully realize the promise of incorporating consumer perspectives into substance use service system planning. ..
- Jorge É, Mendes A, Auriema B, Cazedey H, Fontes P, Ramos A, et al. Application of a check-all-that-apply question for evaluating and characterizing meat products. Meat Sci. 2015;100:124-33 pubmed..In addition, these attributes were linked to chemical and instrumental quality parameters. Thus, the CATA questions are a potential tool for evaluating and developing novel products. ..
- Anderson B, Beckett J, Wells N, Comeau M. The Eye of the Beholder: A Discussion of Value and Quality From the Perspective of Families of Children and Youth With Special Health Care Needs. Pediatrics. 2017;139:S99-S108 pubmed publisher..The article closes with a discussion of recommendations for a future policy and research agenda related to advancing the integration of the consumer perspective into value-based purchasing and value-based insurance design. ..
- Gourevitch R, Desai S, Hicks A, Hatfield L, Chernew M, Mehrotra A. Who Uses a Price Transparency Tool? Implications for Increasing Consumer Engagement. Inquiry. 2017;54:46958017709104 pubmed publisher..Employers and payers need to pursue strategies to increase interest in and engagement with health care price information, particularly among consumers with higher medical spending...
- Tarro L, Aceves Martins M, Tiñena Y, Parisi J, Blasi X, Giralt M, et al. Restaurant-based intervention to facilitate healthy eating choices and the identification of allergenic foods at a family-oriented resort and a campground. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:393 pubmed publisher..001). This restaurant-based intervention expanded the number of healthy and allergen-free foods offered in a family-oriented holiday resort environment to encourage healthy food choices, resulting in increased customer satisfaction. ..
- Schene A, van Wijngaarden B. A survey of an organization for families of patients with serious mental illness in The Netherlands. Psychiatr Serv. 1995;46:807-13 pubmed..Members of Ypsilon and of family organizations in other countries have much in common, even though the extent of deinstitutionalization varies between countries. ..
- Kim K, Sankar P, Wilson M, Haynes S. Factors affecting willingness to share electronic health data among California consumers. BMC Med Ethics. 2017;18:25 pubmed publisher..Understanding of these perspectives is critical for leveraging health data to support learning health care systems. ..
- Wilks M, Phillips C. Attitudes to in vitro meat: A survey of potential consumers in the United States. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171904 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that people in the USA are likely to try in vitro meat, but few believed that it would replace farmed meat in their diet. ..
- Roemmich J. Height-Adjustable Desks: Energy Expenditure, Liking, and Preference of Sitting and Standing. J Phys Act Health. 2016;13:1094-1099 pubmed..4 h/d after 12 months. Standing rather than sitting increased EE by 7.5 kcal/h. Use of a height adjustable desk for 12 months did not alter the hedonic value of standing or sitting, which is promising for long-term increases in standing. ..
- Nord E. EuroQol: health-related quality of life measurement. Valuations of health states by the general public in Norway. Health Policy. 1991;18:25-36 pubmed..Particularly for a small country like Norway there is an obvious advantage in this. ..
- Guttier M, Silveira M, Luiza V, Bertoldi A. Factors influencing the preference for purchasing generic drugs in a Southern Brazilian city. Rev Saude Publica. 2017;51:59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, educational campaigns for healthcare professionals and consumers appear to be the best strategy for expanding the use of generic drugs in Brazil. ..
- Collins S, Gunja M, Doty M. Following the ACA Repeal-and-Replace Effort, Where Does the U.S. Stand on Insurance Coverage? Findings from the Commonwealth Fund Affordable Care Act Tracking Survey, March--June 2017. Issue Brief (Commonw Fund). 2017;2017:1-21 pubmed
- Walker G, Taylor A, Whittet C, Lynn C, Docherty C, Stephen B, et al. A practical review of energy saving technology for ageing populations. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:247-258 pubmed publisher..Design principles and examples are distilled from the research to enable practitioners to translate the underlying research into high quality design-engineering solutions. ..
- Mørk T, Grunert K, Fenger M, Juhl H, Tsalis G. An analysis of the effects of a campaign supporting use of a health symbol on food sales and shopping behaviour of consumers. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:239 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that the campaign did have effects on shopper behaviour and that it is possible to address shoppers with a short education by a tailored campaign. However, long-term effect of the campaign was not ascertained. ..
- . Patient- and family-centered care and the pediatrician's role. Pediatrics. 2012;129:394-404 pubmed publisher..The statement concludes with specific recommendations for how pediatricians can integrate patient- and family-centered care in hospitals, clinics, and community settings, and in broader systems of care, as well. ..
- Kirpensteijn J, van den Bos R, Endenburg N. Adaptation of dogs to the amputation of a limb and their owners' satisfaction with the procedure. Vet Rec. 1999;144:115-8 pubmed..There were few complications after the amputation, although changes in behaviour were observed in approximately one-third of the dogs. ..
- D Souza C, Paquet V, Lenker J, Steinfeld E. Effects of transit bus interior configuration on performance of wheeled mobility users during simulated boarding and disembarking. Appl Ergon. 2017;62:94-106 pubmed publisher..Findings have broader implications for improving transit system efficiency and quality of service across the spectrum of transit users. ..