Summary: A species of GRAM-POSITIVE ENDOSPORE-FORMING BACTERIA in the family BACILLACEAE, found in soil, hot springs, Arctic waters, ocean sediments, and spoiled food products.
- Li Z, Su L, Duan X, Wu D, Wu J. Efficient Expression of Maltohexaose-Forming ?-Amylase from Bacillus stearothermophilus in Brevibacillus choshinensis SP3 and Its Use in Maltose Production. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5479762 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that the B. choshinensis SP3 expression system was able to produce substantial quantities of recombinant ?-amylase that has potential application in the starch industry. ..
- Sara M, Sleytr U. Charge distribution on the S layer of Bacillus stearothermophilus NRS 1536/3c and importance of charged groups for morphogenesis and function. J Bacteriol. 1987;169:2804-9 pubmed..Among other functions, the biological significance of the S layers may be in masking the electronegative charge of the cell wall proper. ..
- Oscorbin I, Belousova E, Boyarskikh U, Zakabunin A, Khrapov E, Filipenko M. Derivatives of Bst-like Gss-polymerase with improved processivity and inhibitor tolerance. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9595-9610 pubmed publisher..Therefore, chimeric Bst-like Gss-polymerase will be promising tool for both WGA and POCT due to increased processivity and inhibitor tolerance. ..
- Naitow H, Matsuura Y, Tono K, Joti Y, Kameshima T, Hatsui T, et al. Protein-ligand complex structure from serial femtosecond crystallography using soaked thermolysin microcrystals and comparison with structures from synchrotron radiation. Acta Crystallogr D Struct Biol. 2017;73:702-709 pubmed publisher..In a comparison of the SFX and SR structures, clear differences were observed in the unit-cell parameters, in the alternate conformation of side chains, in the degree of water coordination and in the ligand-binding mode. ..
- Kakagianni M, Aguirre J, Lianou A, Koutsoumanis K. Effect of storage temperature on the lag time of Geobacillus stearothermophilus individual spores. Food Microbiol. 2017;67:76-84 pubmed publisherThe lag times (?) of Geobacillus stearothermophilus single spores were studied at different storage temperatures ranging from 45 to 59 °C using the Bioscreen C method...
- Kim M, Kim H, Lee J, Park S, Oh T. Thermostable lipase of Bacillus Stearothermophilus: high-level production, purification, and calcium-dependent thermostability. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2000;64:280-6 pubmed
- Brown P, Richardson C, Mensah L, O Hanlon P, Osborne N, Pope A, et al. Molecular recognition of tyrosinyl adenylate analogues by prokaryotic tyrosyl tRNA synthetases. Bioorg Med Chem. 1999;7:2473-85 pubmed..The inhibition data has been further supported by homology modelling with the S. aureus enzyme, and by ligand docking studies. ..
- Liu Y, Huang W, Huang T, Kunin C. Detection of antimicrobial activity in urine for epidemiologic studies of antibiotic use. J Clin Epidemiol. 1999;52:539-45 pubmed..4% and specificity of 94.9%. Detection of antimicrobial activity in urine is a promising method to determine antimicrobial drug use in epidemiologic studies, particularly in populations in which drug use history is unreliable. ..
- Sara M, Pum D, Kupcu S, Messner P, Sleytr U. Isolation of two physiologically induced variant strains of Bacillus stearothermophilus NRS 2004/3a and characterization of their S-layer lattices. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:848-60 pubmed..Peptide mapping and N-terminal sequencing results strongly indicated that the three S-layer proteins are encoded by different genes and are not derived from a universal precursor form. ..
- Ikai A. Thermostability and aliphatic index of globular proteins. J Biochem. 1980;88:1895-8 pubmed..The index may be regarded as a positive factor for the increase of thermostability of globular proteins. ..