Summary: Peroxidases that utilize ASCORBIC ACID as an electron donor to reduce HYDROGEN PEROXIDE to WATER. The reaction results in the production of monodehydroascorbic acid and DEHYDROASCORBIC ACID.
- Cahyanurani A, Chiu K, Wu T. Glutathione biosynthesis plays an important role against 4-tert-octylphenol-induced oxidative stress in Ceratophyllum demersum. Chemosphere. 2017;183:565-573 pubmed publisher..Thus, with OP-induced oxidative stress, C. demersum might actively regulate the antioxidant machinery, especially the biosynthesis and redox state of GSH. ..
- Sen A, Alikamanoğlu S. Characterization of drought-tolerant sugar beet mutants induced with gamma radiation using biochemical analysis and isozyme variations. J Sci Food Agric. 2014;94:367-72 pubmed..Furthermore, CAT and APX isozymes were detected at different intensities on native gels. In vitro mutagenesis is a useful technique for improving plant tolerance against environmental stresses. ..
- Ding Y, Wang Y, Zheng X, Cheng W, Shi R, Feng R. Effects of foliar dressing of selenite and silicate alone or combined with different soil ameliorants on the accumulation of As and Cd and antioxidant system in Brassica campestris. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:207-215 pubmed publisher..campestris. ..
- Shackira A, Puthur J, Nabeesa Salim E. Acanthus ilicifolius L. a promising candidate for phytostabilization of zinc. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:282 pubmed publisher..7 mg of Zn) and at the same time a poor translocator of Zn to the aerial parts of the plant, A. ilicifolius can be recommended as a potential candidate for the phytostabilization of Zn in the contaminated wetlands. ..
- Martell J, Deerinck T, Lam S, Ellisman M, Ting A. Electron microscopy using the genetically encoded APEX2 tag in cultured mammalian cells. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1792-1816 pubmed publisher..Notably, the only additional steps required relative to a standard EM sample preparation are cell transfection and a 2- to 45-min staining period with 3,3-diaminobenzidine (DAB) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). ..