standard of care
Summary: The minimum acceptable patient care, based on statutes, court decisions, policies, or professional guidelines.
- Sen M, Katragadda S, Ravichandran A, Deshpande G, Parulekar M, Nayanala S, et al. StrandAdvantage test for early-line and advanced-stage treatment decisions in solid tumors. Cancer Med. 2017;6:883-901 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the SA test comprising a robust and accurate NGS assay combined with clinically relevant IHC tests can detect somatic changes of clinical significance for strategic cancer management in all the stages. ..
- Holt J, Glass N, Bedard N, Weinstein S, Shah A. Emerging U.S. National Trends in the Treatment of Pediatric Supracondylar Humeral Fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:681-687 pubmed publisher..There was a convergence of surgical rates across geographic regions, suggesting that a "standard of care" in the treatment of supracondylar humeral fractures is being established nationally...
- Dharmadasa T, Henderson R, Talman P, Macdonell R, Mathers S, Schultz D, et al. Motor neurone disease: progress and challenges. Med J Aust. 2017;206:357-362 pubmed..This era of change is of significant relevance to both specialists and general practitioners who remain integral to the care of patients with MND. ..
- Unger J, LeBlanc M, Blanke C. The Effect of Positive SWOG Treatment Trials on Survival of Patients With Cancer in the US Population. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1345-1351 pubmed publisher..More than half a century ago, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) established a network of publicly funded cancer cooperative research groups to systematically evaluate new treatments for efficacy and safety...
- Rex D, Kahi C, O Brien M, Levin T, Pohl H, Rastogi A, et al. The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy PIVI (Preservation and Incorporation of Valuable Endoscopic Innovations) on real-time endoscopic assessment of the histology of diminutive colorectal polyps. Gastrointest Endosc. 2011;73:419-22 pubmed publisher..This document is provided solely for educational and informational purposes and to support incorporating these endoscopic technologies into clinical practice. It should not be construed as establishing a legal standard of care.
- Lee T, Curfman G. Physician Speech and Firearm Safety: Wollschlaeger v Governor, Florida. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1189-1192 pubmed publisher..Legislative mandates that interfere with medical practice may decrease the quality of care by substituting politics and legislative judgment for medical expertise. ..
- Pachman S, Lamba A. Legal Aspects of Concussion: The Ever-Evolving Standard of Care. J Athl Train. 2017;52:186-194 pubmed publisher..care professionals, actually face legal liability depends on whether they are deemed to have conformed to the standard of care. The standard of care is a legal term, defined as acting as a reasonable professional in that position or ..
- Adams D, Kinon B, Baygani S, Millen B, Velonà I, Kollack Walker S, et al. A long-term, phase 2, multicenter, randomized, open-label, comparative safety study of pomaglumetad methionil (LY2140023 monohydrate) versus atypical antipsychotic standard of care in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. 2013;13:143 pubmed publisher..methionil (LY2140023 monohydrate, the prodrug of metabotropic glutamate 2/3 receptor agonist, LY404039) or standard of care (SOC: olanzapine, risperidone, or aripiprazole)...
- van Dam P, Tomatis M, Marotti L, Heil J, Mansel R, Rosselli Del Turco M, et al. Time trends (2006-2015) of quality indicators in EUSOMA-certified breast centres. Eur J Cancer. 2017;85:15-22 pubmed publisher..On the average of all units, the minimum standard of care was achieved in 8 of 13 main EUSOMA QIs in 2006 and in all in 2015...
- Daniel R, Villuri S, Furlong K. Management of hyperglycemia in the neurosurgery patient. Hosp Pract (1995). 2017;45:150-157 pubmed publisher..We also note lack of evidence in some important areas, and the need for more research addressing these gaps. Where possible, we provide suggestions how to manage these patients when there is no underlying guideline. ..
- Grooten I, Koot M, van der Post J, Bais J, Ris Stalpers C, Naaktgeboren C, et al. Early enteral tube feeding in optimizing treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum: the Maternal and Offspring outcomes after Treatment of HyperEmesis by Refeeding (MOTHER) randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:812-820 pubmed publisher..Many women discontinued tube feeding because of discomfort, suggesting that it is poorly tolerated as an early routine treatment of HG. This trial was registered at www.trialregister.nl as NTR4197. ..
- Pauling M, Ball C. Delivery of anoxic gas mixtures in anaesthesia: case report and review of the struggle towards safer standards of care. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2017;45:21-28 pubmed..Finally, we consider the risks that still exist in the hospital environment, and the need for on-going vigilance. ..
- Mwapasa V, Joseph J, Tchereni T, Jousset A, Gunda A. Impact of Mother-Infant Pair Clinics and Short-Text Messaging Service (SMS) Reminders on Retention of HIV-Infected Women and HIV-Exposed Infants in eMTCT Care in Malawi: A Cluster Randomized Trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75 Suppl 2:S123-S131 pubmed publisher..clinics], MIP clinics plus short-text messaging service (SMS) reminders to prevent default (MIP + SMS), and standard of care (SOC)...
- Genberg B, Naanyu V, Wachira J, Hogan J, Sang E, Nyambura M, et al. Linkage to and engagement in HIV care in western Kenya: an observational study using population-based estimates from home-based counselling and testing. Lancet HIV. 2015;2:e20-6 pubmed..US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), Abbott Laboratories, the Purpleville Foundation, the Global Business Coalition, the US National Institute of Mental Health, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. ..
- Zhang T, Wang Y, Yang Q, Dong Y. Procalcitonin-guided antibiotic therapy in critically ill adults: a meta-analysis. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:514 pubmed publisher..More studies on these endpoints were not recommended. ..
- Shah M, Xu R, Bang Y, Hoff P, Liu T, Herraez Baranda L, et al. HELOISE: Phase IIIb Randomized Multicenter Study Comparing Standard-of-Care and Higher-Dose Trastuzumab Regimens Combined With Chemotherapy as First-Line Therapy in Patients With Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Metastatic Gastric or. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2558-2567 pubmed publisher
- Rapiti E, Pinaud K, Chappuis P, Viassolo V, Ayme A, Neyroud Caspar I, et al. Opportunities for improving triple-negative breast cancer outcomes: results of a population-based study. Cancer Med. 2017;6:526-536 pubmed publisher..Surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and referral for genetic counseling are the standard of care. We assessed TNBC prevalence, management, and outcome using data from the population-based Geneva cancer ..
- Bradt J, Dileo C, Grocke D, Magill L. Music interventions for improving psychological and physical outcomes in cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;:CD006911 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, music may have a small effect on heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure. Most trials were at high risk of bias and, therefore, these results need to be interpreted with caution. ..
- Yeung S, Hilkewich L, Gillis C, Heine J, Fenton T. Protein intakes are associated with reduced length of stay: a comparison between Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) and conventional care after elective colorectal surgery. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:44-51 pubmed publisher..Consumption of ?60% protein needs after surgery and MST scores were independent predictors of LOS. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT02940665. ..
- Smits P, Assaf A, Richardt G, Omerovic E, Abdel Wahab M, Neumann F. Design and rationale of the COMPARE-ACUTE trial: Fractional flow reserve-guided primary multivessel percutaneous coronary intervention to improve guideline indexed actual standard of care for treatment of ST-elevation myocardial infarction in patient. Am Heart J. 2017;186:21-28 pubmed publisher..The aim of the COMPARE-ACUTE trial is to assess whether FFR-guided complete revascularization in the acute setting is superior to culprit lesion treatment-only therapy. ..
- Chapman H, Kilner M, Matthews R, White A, Thompson A, Fowler Davis S, et al. Developing a caseload classification tool for community nursing. Br J Community Nurs. 2017;22:192-196 pubmed publisher..Community nursing caseloads can now be organised according to acuity and complexity of patient need, which determines allocation of staff and skill mix. ..