Summary: Creating a representation of areas of the earth or other celestial bodies, for the purpose of visualizing spatial distributions of various information.
- Bressan Neto M, da Silva Herrero C, Pacola L, Nunes A, Defino H. Community Care Administration of Spinal Deformities in the Brazilian Public Health System. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2017;72:485-490 pubmed publisher..They experience long waiting periods for referral and prolonged waiting times to receive surgical treatment; additionally, many of the necessary procedures are not reimbursed by the public healthcare system. ..
- Waldner F, Hansen M, Potapov P, Löw F, Newby T, Ferreira S, et al. National-scale cropland mapping based on spectral-temporal features and outdated land cover information. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181911 pubmed publisher..Overall, the approach showed potential for routinely delivering consistent cropland maps over large areas as required for operational crop monitoring. ..
- Soares V, Almeida A, Sabroza P, Vargas W. Epidemiological surveillance of tegumentary leishmaniasis: local territorial analysis. Rev Saude Publica. 2017;51:51 pubmed publisher..A construção de uma nova unidade operacional, denominada Unidade de Vigilância Local, foi fundamental na análise do processo endêmico-epidêmico. ..
- Huang L, Li X, Abe E, Xu L, Ruan Y, Cao C, et al. Spatial-temporal analysis of pulmonary tuberculosis in the northeast of the Yunnan province, People's Republic of China. Infect Dis Poverty. 2017;6:53 pubmed publisher..The cluster that overlapped the three PTB indicators falls within the geographic areas where PTB control efforts should be prioritised. ..
- Tilman D, Clark M, Williams D, Kimmel K, Polasky S, Packer C. Future threats to biodiversity and pathways to their prevention. Nature. 2017;546:73-81 pubmed publisher..Proactive international efforts to increase crop yields, minimize land clearing and habitat fragmentation, and protect natural lands could increase food security in developing nations and preserve much of Earth's remaining biodiversity. ..
- Mishra A, Pandey A, Mishra S. Variable expression of molecular markers in juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:752-759 pubmed publisher..Hence, multicentre collaborative molecular studies are needed to establish the aetiopathogenesis and establish molecular surrogates for clinical characteristics. ..
- Wong K, Benova L, Campbell O. A look back on how far to walk: Systematic review and meta-analysis of physical access to skilled care for childbirth in Sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184432 pubmed publisher..Utilization is conditioned on access, researchers and policy makers should therefore prioritize quality data for the evidence-base to ensure that women everywhere have the potential to access obstetric care. ..
- Xu C, Xiao G. Spatiotemporal risk mapping of hand, foot and mouth disease and its association with meteorological variables in children under 5 years. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2912-2920 pubmed publisher..High-risk areas were mainly large cities, such as Beijing, Tianjin, Shijiazhuang and their neighbouring areas. These findings can contribute to risk control and implementation of disease-prevention policies. ..
- Campbell J, Berry J, Seibt U, Smith S, Montzka S, Launois T, et al. Large historical growth in global terrestrial gross primary production. Nature. 2017;544:84-87 pubmed publisher..Although this COS analysis does not directly constrain models of future GPP growth, it does provide a global-scale benchmark for historical carbon-cycle simulations. ..
- Faure E, Danjou A, Clavel Chapelon F, Boutron Ruault M, Dossus L, Fervers B. Accuracy of two geocoding methods for geographic information system-based exposure assessment in epidemiological studies. Environ Health. 2017;16:15 pubmed publisher..Accuracy of the two automatic geocoding methods was comparable. The in-house method (B) allowed a better control of the geocoding process and was less time consuming. ..
- Metsky H, Matranga C, Wohl S, Schaffner S, Freije C, Winnicki S, et al. Zika virus evolution and spread in the Americas. Nature. 2017;546:411-415 pubmed publisher..We identify mutations with possible functional implications for ZIKV biology and pathogenesis, as well as those that might be relevant to the effectiveness of diagnostic tests. ..
- Verschoren V, Schoelynck J, Buis K, Visser F, Meire P, Temmerman S. Mapping the spatio-temporal distribution of key vegetation cover properties in lowland river reaches, using digital photography. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:294 pubmed publisher..Further improvements of the image processing are expected in the automatic delineation and classification of the vegetation patches. ..
- Weber C. Dialectics of a medical provision policy in priority areas in Brazil. Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992). 2017;63:268-277 pubmed publisher..There is no point in having physicians if they do not have safe and ethical conditions to establish the diagnosis and a treatment plan, as well as to monitor the rehabilitation of the patient. ..
- Gleason B, Foster S, Wilt G, Miles B, Lewis B, Cauthen K, et al. Geospatial analysis of household spread of Ebola virus in a quarantined village - Sierra Leone, 2014. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2921-2929 pubmed publisher..Using GIS with GEE can reveal complex spatial-temporal risk factors, which can inform prioritization of response activities in future outbreaks...
- Yu W. Regional co-location pattern scoping on a street network considering distance decay effects of spatial interaction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181959 pubmed publisher..Our experiments verify that the proposed approach is effective in urban analysis. ..
- Hartley D, Giannini C, Wilson S, Frieder O, Margolis P, Kotagal U, et al. Coughing, sneezing, and aching online: Twitter and the volume of influenza-like illness in a pediatric hospital. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182008 pubmed publisher..In the 2014-2015 cold and flu season, the incidence of local tweets containing the terms flu, coughing, and headache were early indicators of the incidence of ILI-related cases presenting to EDs and UCCs at our children's hospital. ..
- Horst M, Gross B, Cook A, Osler T, Bradburn E, Rogers F. A novel approach to optimal placement of new trauma centers within an existing trauma system using geospatial mapping. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:705-710 pubmed publisher..Intelligent trauma system design should include an objective process like geospatial to determine the optimum locations for new TCs within existing trauma networks. Epidemiological study, level III. ..