interviews as topic
Summary: Works about conversations with an individual or individuals held in order to obtain information about their background and other personal biographical data, their attitudes and opinions, etc. It includes works about school admission or job interviews.
- Pongan É, Freulon M, Delphin Combe F, Dibie Racoupeau F, Martin Gaujard G, Federico D, et al. Initial and long-term evaluation of patients with Alzheimer's after hospitalization in cognitive and behavioural units: the EVITAL study design. BMC Psychiatry. 2014;14:308 pubmed publisher..It could therefore help clinicians to better manage these symptoms. Clinical Trials NCT01901263. Registered July 9, 2013. ..
- Marwa B, Njau B, Kessy J, Mushi D. Feasibility of introducing compulsory community health fund in low resource countries: views from the communities in Liwale district of Tanzania. BMC Health Serv Res. 2013;13:298 pubmed publisher..Strong political will and a supportive environment are key ingredients for the success of the CCHF. ..
- Xu J, Choy J, Tang J, Liu T, Luo H, Lou V, et al. Spontaneously Reported Symptoms by Informants Are Associated with Clinical Severity in Dementia Help-Seekers. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:1946-1952 pubmed publisher..001, Nagelkerke coefficient of determination = 29.7%, percentage correct 85.6%). The type and pervasiveness of symptoms spontaneously that informants reported predicted clinical severity. This may provide a quick reference for triage. ..
- Wyke S, Hunt K, Ford G. Gender differences in consulting a general practitioner for common symptoms of minor illness. Soc Sci Med. 1998;46:901-6 pubmed..These data do not support the most widely suggested explanation for gender differences in consulting, that once symptoms are perceived, women have a higher propensity to consult a general practitioner with the symptom than men. ..
- Bromet E, Sonnega A, Kessler R. Risk factors for DSM-III-R posttraumatic stress disorder: findings from the National Comorbidity Survey. Am J Epidemiol. 1998;147:353-61 pubmed..The results thus indicate that although these risk factors have an important association with PTSD, they operate largely by predicting trauma exposure rather than by predicting the onset of disorder after exposure. ..
- Kudra A, Lees C, Morrell Scott N. Measuring carer burden in informal carers of patients with long-term conditions. Br J Community Nurs. 2017;22:230-236 pubmed publisher..A wide range of other instruments were also used. Even though a range of tools are available, further improvements are necessary in order to enable healthcare professionals to identify carers experiencing high burden. ..
- Espeland M, Luchsinger J, Baker L, Neiberg R, Kahn S, Arnold S, et al. Effect of a long-term intensive lifestyle intervention on prevalence of cognitive impairment. Neurology. 2017;88:2026-2035 pubmed publisher..This study provides Class II evidence that for overweight adults with type 2 diabetes, a lifestyle intervention designed to reduce weight and increase physical activity does not lower the risk of cognitive impairment. ..
- Greenfield G, Ignatowicz A, Belsi A, Pappas Y, Car J, Majeed A, et al. Wake up, wake up! It's me! It's my life! patient narratives on person-centeredness in the integrated care context: a qualitative study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:619 pubmed publisher..Integrated care models can benefit from incorporating person-centeredness as a core element. ..
- Jing L, Wang F, Zhang X, Yao T, Xing F. Occurrence of and factors influencing elderly homebound in Chinese urban community: A cross-sectional study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7207 pubmed publisher..Appropriate measures should be taken based on the specific influencing factor to prevent the occurrence of homebound. ..
- Hill K, Dasari M, Littleton E, Hamad G. How can surgeons facilitate resident intraoperative decision-making?. Am J Surg. 2017;214:583-588 pubmed publisher..Unanticipated findings impede resident decision-making, and we describe differences in understanding transfers of operative control. Given these factors, we suggest that pre-operative discussions may be beneficial. ..
- Kendler K, Silberg J, Neale M, Kessler R, Heath A, Eaves L. The family history method: whose psychiatric history is measured?. Am J Psychiatry. 1991;148:1501-4 pubmed..Caution may be needed in the interpretation of results based on the family history method, although the magnitude of this problem may be attenuated by the use of multiple informants. ..
- Alam N, Henry F, Rahaman M. Reporting errors in one-week diarrhoea recall surveys: experience from a prospective study in rural Bangladesh. Int J Epidemiol. 1989;18:697-700 pubmed..The findings also indicate that morbidity surveys based on lengthy recall are likely to mislead health planner with regard to the magnitude of the problem and the volume of resources required to combat it. ..
- Sanya R, Tumwesige E, Elliott A, Seeley J. Perceptions about interventions to control schistosomiasis among the Lake Victoria island communities of Koome, Uganda. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005982 pubmed publisher..However, any interventions deployed need to be acceptable to, and sustainable by, the target communities...
- Lor M, Bowers B. Feasibility of Audio-Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing With Color-Coding and Helper Assistance (ACASI-H) for Hmong Older Adults. Res Nurs Health. 2017;40:360-371 pubmed publisher..Findings support use of oral survey question administration with a technologically competent helper and color-labeled response categories when engaging LEP older adults in health-related data collection. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Yan L, Chirwa C, Chi B, Bosomprah S, Sindano N, Mwanza M, et al. Hypertension management in rural primary care facilities in Zambia: a mixed methods study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:111 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov, Identifier NCT01942278 . Date of Registration: September 2013. ..
- Bauman A, Ainsworth B, Bull F, Craig C, Hagstromer M, Sallis J, et al. Progress and pitfalls in the use of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) for adult physical activity surveillance. J Phys Act Health. 2009;6 Suppl 1:S5-8 pubmed
- Morrow G, Rothwell C, Wright P. Self-directed learning groups: a vital model for education, support and appraisal amongst sessional GPs. Educ Prim Care. 2012;23:270-6 pubmed
- West F, Dawson A, Homer C. Building midwifery educator capacity using international partnerships: Findings from a qualitative study. Nurse Educ Pract. 2017;25:66-73 pubmed publisher..Further research is necessary to assess how these findings can be transferred to other contexts. ..
- Ferro M, Avery L, Fayed N, Streiner D, Cunningham C, Boyle M, et al. Child- and parent-reported quality of life trajectories in children with epilepsy: A prospective cohort study. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1277-1286 pubmed publisher..These predictors that are potentially amenable to change should now be the focus of specific intervention studies. ..
- France C, France J, Carlson B, Himawan L, Kessler D, Rebosa M, et al. A motivational interview promotes retention of blood donors with high internal motivation. Transfusion. 2017;57:2433-2439 pubmed publisher..1%) versus the control call (55.1%). Motivational interviewing is a potentially useful strategy to enhance retention of existing blood donors, particularly among those who express a greater sense of internal motivation for giving. ..
- Klaus K, Baldwin J, Izurieta R, Naik E, Seme A, Corvin J, et al. REDUCING PMTCT ATTRITION: PERSPECTIVES OF HIV+ WOMEN ON THE PREVENTION OF MOTHER-TO-CHILD HIV SERVICES IN ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA. Ethiop Med J. 2015;53:91-104 pubmed..Engaging PLWHIV peers as active members of the health care workforce and expanding their use as educators and counselors is important. Health officials can consider these findings to develop innovative and effective PMTCT interventions. ..
- Lichoti J, Davies J, Maru Y, Kitala P, Githigia S, Okoth E, et al. Pig traders' networks on the Kenya-Uganda border highlight potential for mitigation of African swine fever virus transmission and improved ASF disease risk management. Prev Vet Med. 2017;140:87-96 pubmed publisher..Formation of trader organizations or common interest groups warrants government support as an important step in engaging traders in developing and implementing effective approaches to reduce the risk of ASF outbreaks. ..
- Nakaishi L, Moss H, Weinstein M, Perrin N, Rose L, Anger W, et al. Exploring workplace violence among home care workers in a consumer-driven home health care program. Workplace Health Saf. 2013;61:441-50 pubmed publisher..To ensure worker safety while maintaining quality care, safety policies and training for consumer employers, state DHS employees, and home care workers must be developed. ..
- Angier H, Gregg J, Gold R, Crawford C, Davis M, DeVoe J. Understanding how low-income families prioritize elements of health care access for their children via the optimal care model. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:585 pubmed publisher..The Optimal Care Model provides a useful construct for better understanding experiences that may be encountered when the newly insured attempt to access available, acceptable, and affordable health care services. ..
- Gollust S, Seymour J, Pany M, Goss A, Meisel Z, Grande D. Mutual Distrust: Perspectives From Researchers and Policy Makers on the Research to Policy Gap in 2013 and Recommendations for the Future. Inquiry. 2017;54:46958017705465 pubmed publisher..Interventions are needed to help both groups understand a broader role that research plays in policy making and to increase personal contact, and ultimately trusted relationships, across various actors in the policy process...
- Lingard L, Haber R. What do we mean by "relevance"? A clinical and rhetorical definition with implications for teaching and learning the case-presentation format. Acad Med. 1999;74:S124-7 pubmed
- Lemaire M, Oppliger A, Hotz P, Renauld J, Braun J, Maggi M, et al. Can serum cytokine profile discriminate irritant-induced and allergen-induced symptoms? A cross-sectional study in workers mostly exposed to laboratory animals. Occup Environ Med. 2017;74:592-600 pubmed publisher..Low power precluded assessment of the profile 'sensitiser'. The increased IL-17A concentration may originate from irritative constituents of organic dust. ..
- Mnyika K, Klepp K, Kvale G, Nilssen S, Kissila P, Ole King ori N. Prevalence of HIV-1 infection in urban, semi-urban and rural areas in Arusha region, Tanzania. AIDS. 1994;8:1477-81 pubmed..4%). HIV-1 prevalence in the Arusha region was higher among the urban population than among the rural population. Women living in urban areas with low socioeconomic status appeared to be associated with increased risk of HIV-1 infection. ..
- Constable J, Moghul G, Leighton P, Schofield S, Daniel M. Prioritising topics for the undergraduate ENT curriculum. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:631-639 pubmed publisher..This study identified a number of key ENT topics, and will help to inform future development of ENT curricula. ..
- Hussain T, Tauseef A, Bari A, Rasheed U, Hassan J. Awareness among general population attending Civil Hospital Karachi about risk factors associated with infertility. J Pak Med Assoc. 2014;64:725-30 pubmed..Inadequacy of knowledge about infertility was clearly demonstrated through this study. This lack of knowledge explains why such a strong stigma is attached to infertility in the society. ..
- Heller R, Johnstone A, Cameron S. Routine provision of intrauterine contraception at elective cesarean section in a national public health service: a service evaluation. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017;96:1144-1151 pubmed publisher..It is associated with good uptake and good continuation rates for the first year. This could be an important strategy to increase use of intrauterine contraception and prevent short inter-pregnancy intervals and unintended pregnancies. ..
- Pastides H, Calabrese E, Hosmer D, Harris D. Spontaneous abortion and general illness symptoms among semiconductor manufacturers. J Occup Med. 1988;30:543-51 pubmed..These results should be viewed as tentative until studies with larger numbers and more detailed exposure data are carried out. ..
- Marcantonio E, Ngo L, O Connor M, Jones R, Crane P, Metzger E, et al. 3D-CAM: derivation and validation of a 3-minute diagnostic interview for CAM-defined delirium: a cross-sectional diagnostic test study. Ann Intern Med. 2014;161:554-61 pubmed publisher..National Institute on Aging. ..
- Ritchie M, Parker L, Edlund C, Kirchner J. Using implementation facilitation to foster clinical practice quality and adherence to evidence in challenged settings: a qualitative study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:294 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that IF and strength of leadership structure may have a synergistic effect on ability to implement higher quality and evidence-based programs. ..
- Reeves A, Clair A, McKee M, Stuckler D. Reductions in the United Kingdom's Government Housing Benefit and Symptoms of Depression in Low-Income Households. Am J Epidemiol. 2016;184:421-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that reducing housing support to low-income persons in the private rental sector increased the prevalence of depressive symptoms in the United Kingdom. ..
- Gesar B, Bååth C, Hedin H, Hommel A. Hip fracture; an interruption that has consequences four months later. A qualitative study. Int J Orthop Trauma Nurs. 2017;26:43-48 pubmed publisher..The absence of psychological support may be one of the reasons for dependency after four months. ..
- Thorsen V, Meguid T, Sundby J, Malata A. Components of maternal healthcare delivery system contributing to maternal deaths in Malawi: a descriptive cross-sectional study. Afr J Reprod Health. 2014;18:16-26 pubmed..The SBA component should be investigated further. Interventions based on evidence from these investigations may have a positive impact on maternal mortality. ..
- Rasti R, Nanjebe D, Karlström J, Muchunguzi C, Mwanga Amumpaire J, Gantelius J, et al. Health care workers' perceptions of point-of-care testing in a low-income country-A qualitative study in Southwestern Uganda. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182005 pubmed publisher..Insights from this study will influence our ongoing efforts to develop POC tests that will be particularly usable in low-income settings. ..
- Williams J. A structured interview guide for the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1988;45:742-7 pubmed..A test-retest reliability study conducted on a series of psychiatric inpatients demonstrated that the use of the SIGH-D results in a substantially improved level of agreement for most of the HDRS items. ..
- Payne S, Froggatt K, O Shea E, Murphy K, Larkin P, Casey D, et al. Improving palliative and end-of-life care for older people in Ireland: a new model and framework for institutional care. J Palliat Care. 2009;25:218-26 pubmed
- Baumgarten M, Siemiatycki J, Gibbs G. Validity of work histories obtained by interview for epidemiologic purposes. Am J Epidemiol. 1983;118:583-91 pubmed..There was some evidence that the three interviewers obtained job histories of varying quality. ..
- Ondenge K, Renju J, Bonnington O, Moshabela M, Wamoyi J, Nyamukapa C, et al. 'I am treated well if I adhere to my HIV medication': putting patient-provider interactions in context through insights from qualitative research in five sub-Saharan African countries. Sex Transm Infect. 2017;93: pubmed publisher..Interventions to improve patient experiences and treatment adherence through enhanced interactions need to go beyond the existing focus on patient-provider communication strategies. ..
- Steelfisher G, Blendon R, Guirguis S, Lodge W, Caporello H, Petit V, et al. Understanding threats to polio vaccine commitment among caregivers in high-priority areas of Afghanistan: a polling study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:1172-1179 pubmed publisher..Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health and UNICEF. ..
- Frank A, Beales E, de Wildt G, Meza Sanchez G, Jones L. "We need people to collaborate together against this disease": A qualitative exploration of perceptions of dengue fever control in caregivers' of children under 5 years, in the Peruvian Amazon. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005755 pubmed publisher..Specific misconceptions about dengue should be addressed through the community health worker system and further research directed to identify the needs of certain vulnerable groups. ..
- Sahin A, Tekin O, Cebeci S, IÅŸik B, Ozkara A, Kahveci R, et al. Factors affecting daily instrumental activities of the elderly. Turk J Med Sci. 2015;45:1353-9 pubmed..It is important to evaluate elderly people's capabilities in daily activities. ..
- Gomes S, Esperidião M. [Indigenous peoples' access to health services in Cuiabá, Mato Grosso State, Brazil]. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33:e00132215 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the need for specific strategies to improve access to health services by indigenous peoples in Mato Grosso State. ..