Genomes and Genes
transcriptional regulator erg
Summary: A trans-activator and member of the erythroblast transformation-specific family of transcriptions factors that contain a characteristic ETS MOTIF. It is required for PLATELET CELL ADHESION to the subendothelium and associates with CHIMERIC ONCOGENE PROTEINS in PROSTATE CANCER; EWING'S SARCOMA; and ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA.
- Kedage V, Strittmatter B, Dausinas P, Hollenhorst P. Phosphorylation of the oncogenic transcription factor ERG in prostate cells dissociates polycomb repressive complex 2, allowing target gene activation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17225-17235 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings have identified critical molecular mechanisms involving ERK-mediated ERG activation that could be exploited for therapeutic intervention in ERG-positive prostate cancers. ..
- Juhnke M, Heumann A, Chirico V, Höflmayer D, Menz A, Hinsch A, et al. Apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1/Ref-1) overexpression is an independent prognostic marker in prostate cancer without TMPRSS2:ERG fusion. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2135-2145 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results of our study demonstrate that APE1 overexpression is an independent prognostic marker, but exclusively in ERG-negative prostate cancers. ..
- Catelain C, Pailler E, Oulhen M, Faugeroux V, Pommier A, Farace F. Detection of Gene Rearrangements in Circulating Tumor Cells: Examples of ALK-, ROS1-, RET-Rearrangements in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer and ERG-Rearrangements in Prostate Cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;994:169-179 pubmed publisher..Here we present these methods and their use for the detection and characterization of ALK-, ROS1-, RET-rearrangement in CTCs from non-small-cell lung cancer and ERG-rearrangements in CTCs from prostate cancer patients. ..
- Bachurska S, Staykov D, Bakardzhiev I, Antonov P, Belovezhdov V. Diagnostic Value of ERG in Prostate Needle Biopsies Containing Minute Cancer Foci. Folia Med (Plovdiv). 2017;59:84-90 pubmed publisher..Among these cases 2 were ERG-positive. ERG antibody could be especially helpful in the cases with controversial expression of AMACR and 34?E12. ..
- Hendriks R, Dijkstra S, Jannink S, Steffens M, van Oort I, Mulders P, et al. Comparative analysis of prostate cancer specific biomarkers PCA3 and ERG in whole urine, urinary sediments and exosomes. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2016;54:483-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the significant positive effect of performing a DRE prior to urine sampling is confirmed. These findings could be of influence in the development of PCa-diagnostic urine tests. ..
- Babu D, Fullwood M. Expanding the effects of ERG on chromatin landscapes and dysregulated transcription in prostate cancer. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1294-1295 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of ERG is further assisted by the development of a super-enhancer in the ERG locus. ..
- Teschemacher A, Seward E, Hancox J, Witchel H. Inhibition of the current of heterologously expressed HERG potassium channels by imipramine and amitriptyline. Br J Pharmacol. 1999;128:479-85 pubmed..Inhibition of IHERG by the prototype TCAs imipramine and amitriptyline may suggest a mechanism for QT prolongation associated with risks of arrhythmia and sudden death that accompany high concentrations of TCAs following overdose. ..
- Fish J, Cantu Gutierrez M, Dang L, Khyzha N, Chen Z, Veitch S, et al. Dynamic regulation of VEGF-inducible genes by an ERK/ERG/p300 transcriptional network. Development. 2017;144:2428-2444 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings elucidate a novel transcriptional pathway contributing to VEGF-dependent angiogenesis. ..
- Winters B, Brown L, Coleman I, Nguyen H, Minas T, Kollath L, et al. Inhibition of ERG Activity in Patient-derived Prostate Cancer Xenografts by YK-4-279. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3385-3396 pubmed..2 and LuCaP 35 PDX. YK-4-279 decreased ERG+ LuCaP 23.1 tumor growth, but not LuCaP 86.2 and LuCaP 35 ERG+ tumor growth. ..
- Kolar Z, Burdova A, Jamaspishvili T, Bouchal J, Kucerova R, Bienova M, et al. Relation of ETS transcription factor family member ERG, androgen receptor and topoisomerase 2? expression to TMPRSS2-ERG fusion status in prostate cancer. Neoplasma. 2014;61:9-16 pubmed
- Boga S, Alhassan A, Liu J, Guiadeen D, Krikorian A, Gao X, et al. Discovery of 3-morpholino-imidazole[1,5-a]pyrazine BTK inhibitors for rheumatoid arthritis. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3939-3943 pubmed publisher..This effort led to the discovery of the morpholine group as an optimized pharmacophore. Compounds 13, 23 and 38 displayed excellent BTK potencies, kinase and hERG selectivities, and pharmacokinetic profiles. ..