Genomes and Genes
tripartite motif proteins
Summary: A protein family defined by the presence of three ZINC FINGER domains, one of which is a RING FINGER DOMAIN, a coiled-coil region, and a highly variable C-terminal region. They function in many cellular processes including APOPTOSIS and CELL CYCLE regulation.
- Treiber T, Treiber N, Plessmann U, Harlander S, Daiß J, Eichner N, et al. A Compendium of RNA-Binding Proteins that Regulate MicroRNA Biogenesis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:270-284.e13 pubmed publisher..We provide an extended database of RBPs that interact with pre-miRNAs in extracts of different cell types, highlighting a widespread layer of co- and posttranscriptional regulation of miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Borlepawar A, Rangrez A, Bernt A, Christen L, Sossalla S, Frank D, et al. TRIM24 protein promotes and TRIM32 protein inhibits cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via regulation of dysbindin protein levels. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10180-10196 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide here a novel mechanism of post-translational regulation of dysbindin and hypertrophy via TRIM24 and TRIM32 and show the importance of TRIM32 in cardiomyocyte apoptosis in vitro. ..
- Dawidziak D, Sanchez J, Wagner J, Ganser Pornillos B, Pornillos O. Structure and catalytic activation of the TRIM23 RING E3 ubiquitin ligase. Proteins. 2017;85:1957-1961 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TRIM23 enzymatic activity requires RING dimerization, consistent with the general model of TRIM activation. ..
- Nishimura S, Inai M, Takagi T, Nonaka Y, Urashima S, Honda K, et al. Preventive Effects of the Dietary Intake of Medium-chain Triacylglycerols on Immobilization-induced Muscle Atrophy in Rats. J Oleo Sci. 2017;66:917-924 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that the dietary intake of MCTs at least partly alleviates immobilization-induced muscle atrophy by inhibiting the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Zhao L, Zhang P, Su X, Zhang B. The ubiquitin ligase TRIM56 inhibits ovarian cancer progression by targeting vimentin. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our data reveals for the first time a novel post-translational regulatory mechanism of regulating vimentin expression, EMT, and metastatic progression in ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Yang Q, Liu T, Lin H, Zhang M, Wei J, Luo W, et al. TRIM32-TAX1BP1-dependent selective autophagic degradation of TRIF negatively regulates TLR3/4-mediated innate immune responses. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006600 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TRIM32 links TRIF and TAX1BP1 through distinct domains. These findings suggest that TRIM32 negatively regulates TLR3/4-mediated immune responses by targeting TRIF to TAX1BP1-mediated selective autophagic degradation. ..