Genomes and Genes
forkhead box protein o3
Summary: A forkhead box transcription factor and transcriptional activator which triggers type 1 programmed cell death (APOPTOSIS) in the absence of APOPTOSIS INHIBITING PROTEINS, including neuronal cell death induced by OXIDATIVE STRESS. It recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-(AG)TAAA(TC)A-3' and also functions in post-transcriptional regulation of the c-MYC PROTO-ONCOGENE.
- Qian Z, Ren L, Wu D, Yang X, Zhou Z, Nie Q, et al. Overexpression of FoxO3a is associated with glioblastoma progression and predicts poor patient prognosis. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2792-2804 pubmed publisher..FoxO3a might be a novel prognostic biomarker or a potential therapeutic target in glioblastoma. ..
- Yu W, Ni Y, Saji M, Ringel M, Jaini R, Eng C. Cowden syndrome-associated germline succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit D (SDHD) variants cause PTEN-mediated down-regulation of autophagy in thyroid cancer cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1365-1375 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals a novel mechanism of crosstalk amongst SDHD, PTEN and autophagy pathways and their potential roles in thyroid carcinogenesis. ..
- Li L, Lyu D. [Preparation and characterization of mouse polyclonal antibody against conserved region of human FOXO3]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:838-844 pubmed..Conclusion The polyclonal antibody against conserved domain of FOXO3 can identify the endogenous FOXO3 protein. It can be used to analyze the endogenous FOXO3 expression level. ..
- Park J, Lee Y, Bae Y. Protein kinase C downregulation induces senescence via FoxO3a inhibition in HCT116 and HEK293 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1548-1554 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study suggests for the first time that downregulation of PKC induces senescence through the AKT-FoxO3a-ROS-p53-p21Cip1/WAF1 pathway in HCT116 and HEK293 cells...
- Liu W, Wang X, Liu Z, Wang Y, Yin B, Yu P, et al. SGK1 inhibition induces autophagy-dependent apoptosis via the mTOR-Foxo3a pathway. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1139-1153 pubmed publisher..Although inhibition of SGK1 has been shown to delay cancer progression, the underlying mechanisms have not yet been elucidated...
- Li L, Zviti R, Ha C, Wang Z, Hill J, Lin F. Forkhead box O3 (FoxO3) regulates kidney tubular autophagy following urinary tract obstruction. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13774-13783 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that FoxO3 activation can both induce and maintain autophagic activities in renal epithelial cells in response to injury from urinary tract obstruction. ..
- Fitzwalter B, Towers C, Sullivan K, Andrysik Z, Hoh M, Ludwig M, et al. Autophagy Inhibition Mediates Apoptosis Sensitization in Cancer Therapy by Relieving FOXO3a Turnover. Dev Cell. 2018;44:555-565.e3 pubmed publisher..Thus, a link between two processes mediated via a single transcription factor binding site in the genome can be leveraged to improve anti-cancer therapies. ..
- Chuang P, Cai W, Li X, Fang L, Xu J, Yacoub R, et al. Reduction in podocyte SIRT1 accelerates kidney injury in aging mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F621-F628 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that SIRT1 may be a potential therapeutic target to treat patients with aging-related kidney disease. ..
- Peng X, So K, He L, Zhao Y, Zhou J, Li Y, et al. MyoD- and FoxO3-mediated hotspot interaction orchestrates super-enhancer activity during myogenic differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8785-8805 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show MyoD and FoxO3 are key in orchestrating the Myogenin hotspots interaction and activation. Altogether our results identify muscle-specific SEs and provide mechanistic insights into the functionality of SE. ..
- Xu K, Zhang Z, Pei H, Wang H, Li L, Xia Q. FoxO3a induces temozolomide resistance in glioblastoma cells via the regulation of ?-catenin nuclear accumulation. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2391-2397 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings strongly support that FoxO3a renders GBM cells resistant to TMZ treatment, at least in part, through the regulation of ?-catenin nuclear accumulation. ..
- Zhang H, Zhao Z, Pang X, Yang J, Yu H, Zhang Y, et al. MiR-34a/sirtuin-1/foxo3a is involved in genistein protecting against ox-LDL-induced oxidative damage in HUVECs. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:115-122 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that miR-34a/sirtuin-1/foxo3a might play an important role in genistein reversing ox-LDL-induced oxidative damage in HUVECs. ..
- Liu Y, Lv J, Zeng Q, Shen S, Xing J, Zhang Y, et al. AMPK activation ameliorates D-GalN/LPS-induced acute liver failure by upregulating Foxo3A to induce autophagy. Exp Cell Res. 2017;358:335-342 pubmed publisher..In addition, AMPK activation alleviated liver failure in vitro. Thus, AMPK/Foxo3A/autophagy pathway may be an effective treatment approach to ameliorate ALF. ..
- Bulstrode H, Johnstone E, Marqués Torrejón M, Ferguson K, Bressan R, Blin C, et al. Elevated FOXG1 and SOX2 in glioblastoma enforces neural stem cell identity through transcriptional control of cell cycle and epigenetic regulators. Genes Dev. 2017;31:757-773 pubmed publisher..Thus, FOXG1 and SOX2 operate in complementary but distinct roles to fuel unconstrained self-renewal in GBM stem cells via transcriptional control of core cell cycle and epigenetic regulators. ..
- Zhang L, Cai M, Gong Z, Zhang B, Li Y, Guan L, et al. Geminin facilitates FoxO3 deacetylation to promote breast cancer cell metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2159-2175 pubmed publisher..These results underscore a prominent role for geminin in promoting breast cancer metastasis via the enzyme-substrate-coupling mechanism in HDAC3-FoxO3 complex formation. ..
- Choi R, McConahay A, Jeong H, McClellan J, Hardee J, Carson J, et al. Tribbles 3 regulates protein turnover in mouse skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1236-1242 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that TRB3 regulates protein synthesis and breakdown via the Akt/mTOR/FoxO pathways. ..
- Kenny T, Hart P, Ragazzi M, Sersinghe M, Chipuk J, Sagar M, et al. Selected mitochondrial DNA landscapes activate the SIRT3 axis of the UPRmt to promote metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:4393-4404 pubmed publisher..We propose that the ability of selected mtDNA species to activate the UPRmt is a process that is exploited by cancer cells to maintain mitochondrial fitness and facilitate metastasis. ..
- Cheong J, Zhang F, Chua P, Bay B, Thorburn A, Virshup D. Casein kinase 1Î±-dependent feedback loop controls autophagy in RAS-driven cancers. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1401-18 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify a kinase feedback loop that influences RAS-dependent autophagy and suggest that targeting CK1Î±-regulated autophagy offers a potential therapeutic opportunity to treat oncogenic RAS-driven cancers. ..