Genomes and Genes
forkhead box protein m1
Summary: A forkhead box transcription factor that is expressed primarily in adult organs which contain proliferating cells such as the thymus, testis, ovary, and small intestine. It controls the expression of CELL CYCLE genes essential for DNA REPLICATION and MITOSIS, and also functions in DNA REPAIR.
- Sun L, Ren X, Wang I, Pradhan A, Zhang Y, Flood H, et al. The FOXM1 inhibitor RCM-1 suppresses goblet cell metaplasia and prevents IL-13 and STAT6 signaling in allergen-exposed mice. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RCM-1 is an inhibitor of goblet cell metaplasia and IL-13 signaling, providing a new therapeutic candidate to treat patients with asthma and other chronic airway diseases. ..
- Dai C, Hang Y, Shostak A, Poffenberger G, Hart N, Prasad N, et al. Age-dependent human Î² cell proliferation induced by glucagon-like peptide 1 and calcineurin signaling. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3835-3844 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal age-dependent signaling mechanisms regulating human Î² cell proliferation, and identify elements that could be adapted for therapeutic expansion of human Î² cells. ..
- Xue J, Lin X, Chiu W, Chen Y, Yu G, Liu M, et al. Sustained activation of SMAD3/SMAD4 by FOXM1 promotes TGF-?-dependent cancer metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:564-79 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the critical interaction of FOXM1 and SMAD3 for controlling TGF-? signaling during metastasis. ..
- Zhang S, Zhao B, Zhou A, Lin K, Zheng S, Lu Z, et al. m6A Demethylase ALKBH5 Maintains Tumorigenicity of Glioblastoma Stem-like Cells by Sustaining FOXM1 Expression and Cell Proliferation Program. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:591-606.e6 pubmed publisher..Depleting ALKBH5 and FOXM1-AS disrupted GSC tumorigenesis through the FOXM1 axis. Our work uncovers a critical function for ALKBH5 and provides insight into critical roles of m6A methylation in glioblastoma. ..
- Weiler S, Pinna F, Wolf T, Lutz T, Geldiyev A, Sticht C, et al. Induction of Chromosome Instability by Activation of Yes-Associated Protein and Forkhead Box M1 in Liver Cancer. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:2037-2051.e22 pubmed publisher..Agents that disrupt this pathway might be developed as treatments for liver cancer. Transcriptome data are available in the Gene Expression Omnibus public database (accession numbers: GSE32597 and GSE73396). ..
- Jin C, Marsden I, Chen X, Liao X. Sequence specific collective motions in a winged helix DNA binding domain detected by 15N relaxation NMR. Biochemistry. 1998;37:6179-87 pubmed..Since the winged helix DNA binding motif is highly conserved, this unique dynamic property observed in Genesis is also likely to be conserved in other winged helix family members and important in DNA binding. ..
- Iwahori S, Kalejta R. Phosphorylation of transcriptional regulators in the retinoblastoma protein pathway by UL97, the viral cyclin-dependent kinase encoded by human cytomegalovirus. Virology. 2017;512:95-103 pubmed publisher..This survey extends the influence of UL97 beyond simply the Rb proteins themselves to their binding partners, as well as past the G1/S transition into later stages of the cell cycle. ..
- Gartel A. FOXM1 in Cancer: Interactions and Vulnerabilities. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3135-3139 pubmed publisher..In this review, I will discuss the protein-protein interactions of FOXM1 that are critical for cancer development and may represent novel targets for anticancer drugs. Cancer Res; 77(12); 3135-9. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Pandit B, Halasi M, Gartel A. p53 negatively regulates expression of FoxM1. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3425-7 pubmed..These data suggest that p53 negatively regulates FoxM1 expression and therefore inactivation of p53 in tumors could partially explain the phenomenon of FoxM1 overexpression in human cancers. ..
- Ma N, Zhang W, Qiao C, Luo H, Zhang X, Liu D, et al. The Tumor Suppressive Role of MiRNA-509-5p by Targeting FOXM1 in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1435-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings provide further evidence that miR-509-5p may be considered as a novel and potential target for the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of NSCLC. ..