Genomes and Genes
soxe transcription factors
Summary: A subclass of closely-related SOX transcription factors. Members of this subfamily have been implicated in regulating the differentiation of OLIGODENDROCYTES during neural crest formation and in CHONDROGENESIS.
- Shaffer S, Dunagin M, Torborg S, Torre E, Emert B, Krepler C, et al. Rare cell variability and drug-induced reprogramming as a mode of cancer drug resistance. Nature. 2017;546:431-435 pubmed publisher..We find that other cell types also exhibit sporadic expression of many of these same marker genes, suggesting the existence of a general program in which expression is displayed in rare subpopulations of cells. ..
- Pomp V, Leo C, Mauracher A, Korol D, Guo W, Varga Z. Differential expression of epithelialâ€“mesenchymal transition and stem cell markers in intrinsic subtypes of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2015;154:45-55 pubmed..This information is important in understanding the biology of triple negative breast cancer, also in terms of future studies dealing with targeted therapies based on the alterations of EMT and stem cell markers. ..
- Kataruka S, Akhade V, Kayyar B, Rao M. Mrhl Long Noncoding RNA Mediates Meiotic Commitment of Mouse Spermatogonial Cells by Regulating Sox8 Expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Prolonged Wnt signaling activation in spermatogonial cells leads to changes in global chromatin architecture and a decrease in levels of stem cell markers. ..
- Wiese C, Deal K, Ireland S, Cantrell V, Southard Smith E. Migration pathways of sacral neural crest during development of lower urogenital tract innervation. Dev Biol. 2017;429:356-369 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the developmental atlas of Sox10+ NCPC migration and distribution profile of these cells in adult bladder provided here will serve as a roadmap for future investigation in mouse models of lower urinary tract dysfunction. ..
- Loftus S. Decreased melanoma proliferation and cell survival: turn down your SOX10. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2013;26:3-4 pubmed