Genomes and Genes
soxb1 transcription factors
Summary: A subclass of SOX transcription factors that are expressed in neuronal tissue where they may play a role in the regulation of CELL DIFFERENTIATION. Members of this subclass are generally considered to be transcriptional activators.
- Li Z, Liang Y, Pan K, Li H, Yu M, Guo W, et al. Schwann cells secrete extracellular vesicles to promote and maintain the proliferation and multipotency of hDPCs. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..In summary, our study sheds light on critical regulatory ability of SC-derived EVs on hDPCs proliferation and multipotency, suggesting great implications for seeding cells used in tissue engineering. ..
- Adikusuma F, Pederick D, McAninch D, Hughes J, Thomas P. Functional Equivalence of the SOX2 and SOX3 Transcription Factors in the Developing Mouse Brain and Testes. Genetics. 2017;206:1495-1503 pubmed publisher..Together, these in vivo data provide strong evidence that SOX2 and SOX3 proteins are functionally equivalent. ..
- Palangi F, Samuel S, Thompson I, Triggle C, Emara M. Effects of oxidative and thermal stresses on stress granule formation in human induced pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182059 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide new insights into the molecular cues of hiPSCs responses to environmental insults. ..
- Ji J, Ning F, Liu H, Wei X, Zhao J, Wang Y. [Effect of Sox2 on proliferation of cervical squamous cancer cell line SiHa]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2014;45:785-8 pubmed..The increased expression of CyclinD1 was further detected after the successful expression of Sox2 (P < 0.05). Sox2 could enhance the proliferation of cervical squamous cancer cells in the manner of up-regulating CyclinD1 expression. ..
- Liu J, Li Y, Lin B, Sheng Y, Yang L. HBL1 Is a Human Long Noncoding RNA that Modulates Cardiomyocyte Development from Pluripotent Stem Cells by Counteracting MIR1. Dev Cell. 2017;42:333-348.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, HBL1 plays a modulatory role in fine-tuning human-specific cardiomyocyte development by forming a regulatory network with SOX2 and MIR1. ..
- Taniguchi J, Pandian G, Hidaka T, Hashiya K, Bando T, Kim K, et al. A synthetic DNA-binding inhibitor of SOX2 guides human induced pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into mesoderm. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9219-9228 pubmed publisher..Because PIPs can be fine-tuned to target specific DNA sequences, our DNA-based approach could be expanded to target and regulate key transcription factors specifically associated with desired cell types...
- Hui K, Gao Y, Huang J, Xu S, Wang B, Zeng J, et al. RASAL2, a RAS GTPase-activating protein, inhibits stemness and epithelial-mesenchymal transition via MAPK/SOX2 pathway in bladder cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2600 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that RASAL2 is a tumor suppressor in BCa, and modulates cancer stemness and EMT for BCa recurrence and metastasis. ..
- Saito Y, Kunitomi A, Seki T, Tohyama S, Kusumoto D, Takei M, et al. Epigenetic barrier against the propagation of fluctuating gene expression in embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2879-2889 pubmed publisher..We suggest that an epigenetic barrier is key to preventing the propagation of fluctuating pluripotency gene expression in ES cells. ..
- Chauveau S, Anyukhovsky E, Ben Ari M, Naor S, Jiang Y, Danilo P, et al. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes Provide In Vivo Biological Pacemaker Function. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2017;10:e004508 pubmed publisher..iPSC-CMs can integrate into host myocardium and create a biological pacemaker. Although this is a promising development, rate and rhythm of the iPSC-CMs pacemakers remain to be optimized. ..
- Kourtidis A, Necela B, Lin W, Lu R, Feathers R, Asmann Y, et al. Cadherin complexes recruit mRNAs and RISC to regulate epithelial cell signaling. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3073-3085 pubmed publisher..The present work reveals a mechanism that directly links junction integrity to the silencing of a set of mRNAs that critically affect epithelial homeostasis. ..
- Skamagki M, Correia C, Yeung P, Baslan T, Beck S, Zhang C, et al. ZSCAN10 expression corrects the genomic instability of iPSCs from aged donors. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1037-1048 pubmed publisher..Correcting the genomic instability of A-iPSCs will ultimately enhance our ability to produce histocompatible functional tissues from older patients' own cells that are safe for transplantation. ..
- Ge H, Mu L, Jin L, Yang C, Chang Y, Long Y, et al. Tumor associated CD70 expression is involved in promoting tumor migration and macrophage infiltration in GBM. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1434-1444 pubmed publisher..Our current efforts to target this molecule using chimeric antigen receptor T cells hold great potential for treating patients with GBM. ..
- Yamawaki K, Ishiguro T, Mori Y, Yoshihara K, Suda K, Tamura R, et al. Sox2-dependent inhibition of p21 is associated with poor prognosis of endometrial cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:632-640 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that simultaneous measurement of SOX2 and p21 expression in endometrial cancer patients may be a useful biomarker for patient prognosis. ..
- Liu Z, Kraus W. Catalytic-Independent Functions of PARP-1 Determine Sox2 Pioneer Activity at Intractable Genomic Loci. Mol Cell. 2017;65:589-603.e9 pubmed publisher..The conditional pioneer activity observed with Sox2 at a subset of binding sites may be a key feature of other pioneer TFs operating at intractable genomic loci. ..
- Gong B, Yue Y, Wang R, Zhang Y, Jin Q, Zhou X. Overexpression of microRNA-194 suppresses the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in targeting stem cell transcription factor Sox3 in endometrial carcinoma stem cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706217 pubmed publisher..The cancer stem cell marker, CD133, might be the surface marker of endometrial cancer stem cell. ..
- Ohmoto M, Ren W, Nishiguchi Y, Hirota J, Jiang P, Matsumoto I. Genetic Lineage Tracing in Taste Tissues Using Sox2-CreERT2 Strain. Chem Senses. 2017;42:547-552 pubmed publisher..Consistently, taste stem cells identified by Lgr5 expression in the circumvallate papillae also express SOX2. Together, taste stem cells distributed in oral epithelia express SOX2. ..
- Zou Y, Huang Y, Yang J, Wu J, Luo C. miR-34a is downregulated in human osteosarcoma stem-like cells and promotes invasion, tumorigenic ability and self-renewal capacity. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1631-1637 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide the basis for a novel therapeutic target of osteosarcomas based on inducing the expression of miR-34a. ..
- Yun J, Kim K, Yoo G, Kim S, Shin J, Kim J, et al. Phenethyl isothiocyanate suppresses cancer stem cell properties in vitro and in a xenograft model. Phytomedicine. 2017;30:42-49 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PEITC might be able to slow down or prevent cancer recurrence by suppressing CSC stemness. ..
- Lv Y, Wang T, Fan J, Zhang Z, Zhang J, Xu C, et al. The effects and mechanisms of SLC34A2 on maintaining stem cell-like phenotypes in CD147+ breast cancer stem cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695927 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our report identifies a novel role of SLC34A2 in BCSCs' state regulation and establishes a rationale for targeting the SLC34A2/PI3K/AKT/SOX2 signaling pathway for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Wang J, Zeng H, Li H, Chen T, Wang L, Zhang K, et al. MicroRNA-101 Inhibits Growth, Proliferation and Migration and Induces Apoptosis of Breast Cancer Cells by Targeting Sex-Determining Region Y-Box 2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:717-732 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that miR-101 plays a critical role in suppressing tumor progression by directly targeting SOX2. ..
- Piliszek A, Madeja Z, Plusa B. Suppression of ERK signalling abolishes primitive endoderm formation but does not promote pluripotency in rabbit embryo. Development. 2017;144:3719-3730 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results provide insight into the observed discrepancies relating to the role of FGF/ERK signalling in PrE versus EPI specification between mouse and other mammals. ..
- Zhang Y, Kim M, Jia B, Yan J, Zuniga Hertz J, Han C, et al. Hypothalamic stem cells control ageing speed partly through exosomal miRNAs. Nature. 2017;548:52-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ageing speed is substantially controlled by hypothalamic stem cells, partially through the release of exosomal miRNAs. ..
- Du Z, Cai C, Sims M, Boop F, Davidoff A, Pfeffer L. The effects of type I interferon on glioblastoma cancer stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:343-348 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that IFN induces transient STAT3 activation in GSCs, while induction of astrocytic differentiation in GSCs results in sustained STAT3 activation. ..
- Câmara D, Porcacchia A, Costa A, Azevedo R, Kerkis I. Murine melanoma cells incomplete reprogramming using non-viral vector. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..These cells represent an interesting model to study mechanism of cells malignancy as well as provide a novel tool for anti-cancer drugs screening. ..
- Doi T, Ogata T, Yamauchi J, Sawada Y, Tanaka S, Nagao M. Chd7 Collaborates with Sox2 to Regulate Activation of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells after Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurosci. 2017;37:10290-10309 pubmed publisher..We have further identified regulator of cell cycle (Rgcc) and protein kinase C? (PKC?) as novel targets of Chd7 for OPC activation. ..
- Yuan J, Liu X, Wang T, Pan W, Tao Q, Zhou W, et al. The MBNL3 splicing factor promotes hepatocellular carcinoma by increasing PXN expression through the alternative splicing of lncRNA-PXN-AS1. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:820-832 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate detailed mechanistic links between an oncofetal splicing factor, a splicing event and tumorigenesis, and establish splicing factors and splicing events as potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Yuan T, Liao W, Feng N, Lou Y, Niu X, Zhang A, et al. Human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived neural stem cells survive, migrate, differentiate, and improve neurologic function in a rat model of middle cerebral artery occlusion. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;4:73 pubmed publisher..Implanted iPSC-derived NSCs were able to survive, migrate into the ischemic brain area to differentiate into mature neural cells, and seem to have potential to restore lost neurologic function from damage due to stroke in a rat model. ..
- Liu K, Xie F, Gao A, Zhang R, Zhang L, Xiao Z, et al. SOX2 regulates multiple malignant processes of breast cancer development through the SOX2/miR-181a-5p, miR-30e-5p/TUSC3 axis. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:62 pubmed publisher..Targeting this axis may provide beneficial effect in the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Yan N, Xu L, Wu X, Zhang L, Fei X, Cao Y, et al. GSKJ4, an H3K27me3 demethylase inhibitor, effectively suppresses the breast cancer stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:405-414 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide strong supports that H3K27me3 exerts a suppressive influence on BCSCs and reveal that GSKJ4 is capable to be a prospective agent targeting BCSCs. ..
- Panaliappan T, Wittmann W, Jidigam V, Mercurio S, Bertolini J, Sghari S, et al. Sox2 is required for olfactory pit formation and olfactory neurogenesis through BMP restriction and Hes5 upregulation. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Sox2 is essential to establish, maintain and expand the neuronal progenitor pool by suppressing Bmp4 and upregulating Hes5 expression. ..
- Xie L, Torigoe S, Xiao J, Mai D, Li L, Davis F, et al. A dynamic interplay of enhancer elements regulates Klf4 expression in naÃ¯ve pluripotency. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1795-1808 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support a highly dynamic yet intrinsically ordered enhanceosome assembly to maintain the finely balanced transcription program underlying naÃ¯ve pluripotency. ..
- Koch F, Scholze M, Wittler L, Schifferl D, Sudheer S, Grote P, et al. Antagonistic Activities of Sox2 and Brachyury Control the Fate Choice of Neuro-Mesodermal Progenitors. Dev Cell. 2017;42:514-526.e7 pubmed publisher..Our findings refine previous models and establish molecular principles underlying mammalian trunk development, comprising NMP maintenance, lineage choice, and mesoderm formation. ..
- Li Y. Networks of Transcription Factors for Oct4 Expression in Mice. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:725-736 pubmed publisher..This article also discusses the mechanisms of fine-tuning the Oct4 expression. These findings have important implications in the field of stem cell and developmental biology. ..
- Liu K, Lee J, Kim J, Wang L, Tian Y, Chan S, et al. Mitophagy Controls the Activities of Tumor Suppressor p53 to Regulate Hepatic Cancer Stem Cells. Mol Cell. 2017;68:281-292.e5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that mitophagy controls the activities of p53 to maintain hepatic CSCs and provide an explanation as to why autophagy is required to promote hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Liu H, Zhu F, Yong J, Zhang P, Hou P, Li H, et al. Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from adult rhesus monkey fibroblasts. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:587-90 pubmed publisher..However, direct reprogramming in other species has not been reported. Here, we generated monkey iPS cells by retrovirus-mediated introduction of monkey transcription factors OCT4, SOX2, KLF4, and c-MYC...
- Tao J, Zhang Y, Zuo X, Hong R, Li H, Liu X, et al. DOT1L inhibitor improves early development of porcine somatic cell nuclear transfer embryos. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179436 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DOT1L inhibitor improved early developmental efficiency of porcine SCNT embryos probably via inducing the increased expression of genes important for pluripotency and lineage specification. ..
- Hu P, Xia Q, Wu F, Li D, Qi Y, Hu Y, et al. NSPc1 promotes cancer stem cell self-renewal by repressing the synthesis of all-trans retinoic acid via targeting RDH16 in malignant glioma. Oncogene. 2017;36:4706-4718 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that NSPc1 promotes cancer stem cell self-renewal by repressing the synthesis of ATRA via targeting RDH16 and may provide novel targets for glioma treatment in the future. ..
- Divya M, Roshin G, Divya T, Rasheed V, Santhoshkumar T, Elizabeth K, et al. Umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells consist of a unique population of progenitors co-expressing mesenchymal stem cell and neuronal markers capable of instantaneous neuronal differentiation. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2012;3:57 pubmed publisher
- Lin X, Li J, Yin G, Zhao Q, Elias D, Lykkesfeldt A, et al. Integrative analyses of gene expression and DNA methylation profiles in breast cancer cell line models of tamoxifen-resistance indicate a potential role of cells with stem-like properties. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R119 pubmed publisher..Illuminating the expression and DNA methylation features of putative cancer-initiating cells/cancer stem cells may suggest novel strategies to overcome tamoxifen resistance. ..
- Haston S, Pozzi S, Carreno G, Manshaei S, Panousopoulos L, González Meljem J, et al. MAPK pathway control of stem cell proliferation and differentiation in the embryonic pituitary provides insights into the pathogenesis of papillary craniopharyngioma. Development. 2017;144:2141-2152 pubmed publisher
- Ezati R, Etemadzadeh A, Soheili Z, Samiei S, Ranaei Pirmardan E, Davari M, et al. The influence of rAAV2-mediated SOX2 delivery into neonatal and adult human RPE cells; a comparative study. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1222-1235 pubmed publisher..However, the increased number of PAX6, CHX10, Thy1, and rhodopsin positive cells in adult hRPE treated cultures clearly indicated the considerable generation of neuro-retinal terminally differentiated cells. ..
- Driver E, Northrop A, Kelley M. Cell migration, intercalation and growth regulate mammalian cochlear extension. Development. 2017;144:3766-3776 pubmed publisher..These results establish, for the first time, many of the cellular processes that drive the distribution of sensory cells along the tonotopic axis of the cochlea. ..
- Park G, Chung Y, Jeong J, Kim D. A p110?-specific inhibitor combined with bortezomib blocks drug resistance properties of EBV-related B cell origin cancer cells via regulation of NF-?B. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1711-1720 pubmed publisher..Our results provide supportive evidence for the clinical application of CAL-101 and bortezomib to treat EBV-infected hematologic cancer. ..
- Tripathi S, Fahrmann J, Celiktaş M, Aguilar M, Marini K, Jolly M, et al. MCAM Mediates Chemoresistance in Small-Cell Lung Cancer via the PI3K/AKT/SOX2 Signaling Pathway. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4414-4425 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MCAM may serve as a novel therapeutic target to overcome chemoresistance in SCLC. Cancer Res; 77(16); 4414-25. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Dong H, Hao X, Cui B, Guo M. MiR-429 suppresses glioblastoma multiforme by targeting SOX2. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:260-268 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-429 represents a potential tumour-suppressive miRNA and plays an important role in GBM progression by directly targeting SOX2. ..
- Yu W, Li X, Eliason S, Romero Bustillos M, Ries R, Cao H, et al. Irx1 regulates dental outer enamel epithelial and lung alveolar type II epithelial differentiation. Dev Biol. 2017;429:44-55 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Irx1 regulates Foxj1 and Sox9 to control cell differentiation during development. ..
- Bulstrode H, Johnstone E, Marqués Torrejón M, Ferguson K, Bressan R, Blin C, et al. Elevated FOXG1 and SOX2 in glioblastoma enforces neural stem cell identity through transcriptional control of cell cycle and epigenetic regulators. Genes Dev. 2017;31:757-773 pubmed publisher..Thus, FOXG1 and SOX2 operate in complementary but distinct roles to fuel unconstrained self-renewal in GBM stem cells via transcriptional control of core cell cycle and epigenetic regulators. ..
- Hong N, Kim M, Min C, Kim H, Lee J. The co-expression of Neogenin with SOX2 in hippocampal neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:453-459 pubmed publisher..From this study, we propose a model whereby Neogenin could maintain neural stem cell population and control cell proliferation. ..
- Emmerson E, May A, Nathan S, Cruz Pacheco N, Lizama C, Maliskova L, et al. SOX2 regulates acinar cell development in the salivary gland. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Thus, SOX2 is a master regulator of the acinar cell lineage essential to the establishment of a functional organ. ..
- Schmidt R, Plath K. The roles of the reprogramming factors Oct4, Sox2 and Klf4 in resetting the somatic cell epigenome during induced pluripotent stem cell generation. Genome Biol. 2012;13:251 pubmed publisher..Recent investigation has begun to elucidate the molecular mechanisms whereby these factors function to reset the epigenome. ..
- Cui Y, Cui C, Yang Z, Ni W, Jin Y, Xuan Y. Gli1 expression in cancer stem-like cells predicts poor prognosis in patients with lung squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:347-353 pubmed publisher..026). Our results suggest that Gli1 may be a potential LSCC stem cell marker and an independent indicator of poor prognosis for patients with LSCC. ..
- Blanchard J, Xie J, El Mecharrafie N, Gross S, Lee S, Lerner R, et al. Replacing reprogramming factors with antibodies selected from combinatorial antibody libraries. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:960-968 pubmed publisher..Our results establish unbiased selection from autocrine combinatorial antibody libraries as a robust method to discover new biologics and uncover membrane-to-nucleus signaling pathways that regulate pluripotency and cell fate. ..
- Li X, Chen S, Sun T, Xu Y, Chen Y, Liu Y, et al. The transcriptional regulation of SOX2 on FOXA1 gene and its application in diagnosis of human breast and lung cancers. Clin Lab. 2014;60:909-18 pubmed..Our study revealed SOX2 as a negative upstream regulator for FOXA1 gene and demonstrated SOX2 and FOXA1 as effective dual markers in improving the diagnosis efficiency for human lung and breast tumor. ..
- Lee S, Wottrich S, Bonavida B. Crosstalks between Raf-kinase inhibitor protein and cancer stem cell transcription factors (Oct4, KLF4, Sox2, Nanog). Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317692253 pubmed publisher..Based on these analyses, we suggest that the expression level of Raf-kinase inhibitor protein may be involved in the regulation of the cancer stem cell phenotype. ..
- Liu Q, Chen K, Liu Z, Huang Y, Zhao R, Wei L, et al. BORIS up-regulates OCT4 via histone methylation to promote cancer stem cell-like properties in human liver cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:165-174 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that BORIS is associated with the CSC-like traits of human liver cancer cells through the epigenetic regulation of OCT4. ..
- Shen L, Huang X, Xie X, Su J, Yuan J, Chen X. High Expression of SOX2 and OCT4 Indicates Radiation Resistance and an Independent Negative Prognosis in Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Histochem Cytochem. 2014;62:499-509 pubmed publisher..294 [1.013, 5.195] and 2.300 [1.050, 5.037], respectively; p=0.046 and p=0.037, respectively). ..
- Picot T, Aanei C, Fayard A, Flandrin Gresta P, Tondeur S, Gouttenoire M, et al. Expression of embryonic stem cell markers in acute myeloid leukemia. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317716629 pubmed publisher..These results prompt us to evaluate the potential role of these markers in leukemogenesis and to test their relevance for better leukemic stem cell identification. ..