Genomes and Genes
e1a associated p300 protein
Summary: A member of the p300-CBP transcription factors that was originally identified as a binding partner for ADENOVIRUS E1A PROTEINS.
- Urvalek A, Wang X, Lu H, Zhao J. KLF8 recruits the p300 and PCAF co-activators to its amino terminal activation domain to activate transcription. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:601-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results identified the KLF8 activation domain located between residues 101-260 where the well-conserved Q118 and Q248 are essential for recruiting p300 and PCAF to activate target gene transcription. ..
- Choi K, Lee Y, Jung M, Kwon S, Kim M, Jun W, et al. Gallic acid suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced nuclear factor-kappaB signaling by preventing RelA acetylation in A549 lung cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2011-21 pubmed publisher..These results show the crucial role of acetylation in the development of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Caksen H, Bartsch O, Okur M, Temel H, Acikgoz M, Yilmaz C. Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome and CREBBP c.201 202delTA mutation: a case presenting with varicella meningoencephalitis. Genet Couns. 2009;20:255-60 pubmed..201 202delT. The mutation has not been described previously but it predicts a protein truncation, and truncating CREBBP mutations are typical causes of RTS. ..
- Kimbrel E, Lemieux M, Xia X, Davis T, Rebel V, Kung A. Systematic in vivo structure-function analysis of p300 in hematopoiesis. Blood. 2009;114:4804-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that, in distinct contrast to other organ systems, HAT activity does not provide a critical function for hematopoietic development and emphasizes the importance of enzyme-independent functions of p300. ..
- Li X, Nishida T, Noguchi A, Zheng Y, Takahashi H, Yang X, et al. Decreased nuclear expression and increased cytoplasmic expression of ING5 may be linked to tumorigenesis and progression in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:1573-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that ING5 represents a novel potential molecular therapeutic target for HNSCC. ..
- Lee C, Ferreon J, Ferreon A, Arai M, Wright P. Graded enhancement of p53 binding to CREB-binding protein (CBP) by multisite phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19290-5 pubmed publisher..Multisite phosphorylation thus acts as a rheostat to enhance binding to CBP/p300 and provides a plausible mechanistic explanation for the gradually increasing p53 response observed following prolonged or severe genotoxic stress. ..
- Kang S, Na H, Kang H, Kim S, Lee M, Lee M. Regulation of Nur77 protein turnover through acetylation and deacetylation induced by p300 and HDAC1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:867-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that acetylation of Nur77 is modulated by p300 and HDAC1, and suggest that acetylation is an important post-translational modification for the rapid turnover of Nur77 protein. ..
- Yoshida Y, Morimoto T, Takaya T, Kawamura T, Sunagawa Y, Wada H, et al. Aldosterone signaling associates with p300/GATA4 transcriptional pathway during the hypertrophic response of cardiomyocytes. Circ J. 2010;74:156-62 pubmed..Circ J 2010; 74: 156 - 162). ..
- Law A, Wong C. Stanniocalcin-2 is a HIF-1 target gene that promotes cell proliferation in hypoxia. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:466-76 pubmed publisher..Solid tumor progression is usually associated with hypoxia. The identification and functional analysis of STC2 up-regulation by hypoxia, a feature of the tumor microenvironment, sheds light on a possible role for STC2 in tumors. ..
- Helgason G, O Prey J, Ryan K. Oncogene-induced sensitization to chemotherapy-induced death requires induction as well as deregulation of E2F1. Cancer Res. 2010;70:4074-80 pubmed publisher..Due to the frequent deregulation of E2F1 in human cancer, these studies reveal potentially important insights into E2F1-mediated chemotherapeutic responses that may aid the development of novel targeted therapies for malignant disease. ..
- Kumar P, Pandey K. Cooperative activation of Npr1 gene transcription and expression by interaction of Ets-1 and p300. Hypertension. 2009;54:172-8 pubmed publisher..The present findings should yield important insights into the molecular signaling governing Npr1 gene transcription, an important regulator in the control of hypertension and cardiovascular events. ..
- Chandrasekaran S, Peterson R, Mani S, Addy B, Buchholz A, Xu L, et al. Histone deacetylases facilitate sodium/calcium exchanger up-regulation in adult cardiomyocytes. FASEB J. 2009;23:3851-64 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel model for Ncx1 regulation in which deacetylation of Nkx2.5 is required for the recruitment of p300 and results in up-regulation of exchanger expression. ..
- Szerlong H, Prenni J, Nyborg J, Hansen J. Activator-dependent p300 acetylation of chromatin in vitro: enhancement of transcription by disruption of repressive nucleosome-nucleosome interactions. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31954-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data have important implications for understanding both the mechanism of RNAPII transcriptional regulation by chromatin and the molecular determinants of higher order chromatin structure. ..
- Alamdari N, Smith I, Aversa Z, Hasselgren P. Sepsis and glucocorticoids upregulate p300 and downregulate HDAC6 expression and activity in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R509-20 pubmed publisher..The recent development of pharmacological HDAC activators may provide a novel avenue to prevent and treat muscle wasting in sepsis and other catabolic conditions...
- Pelka P, Ablack J, Torchia J, Turnell A, Grand R, Mymryk J. Transcriptional control by adenovirus E1A conserved region 3 via p300/CBP. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1095-106 pubmed publisher..These results identify a new functionally significant interaction between E1A CR3 and the p300/CBP acetyltransferases, expanding our understanding of the mechanism by which this potent transcriptional activator functions. ..
- Moin S, Chandra V, Arya R, Jameel S. The hepatitis E virus ORF3 protein stabilizes HIF-1alpha and enhances HIF-1-mediated transcriptional activity through p300/CBP. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:1409-21 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a two-pronged strategy through which the ORF3 protein might modulate the energy homeostasis in HEV infected cells and thus contribute to pathogenesis. ..
- Askew E, Bai S, Blackwelder A, Wilson E. Transcriptional synergy between melanoma antigen gene protein-A11 (MAGE-11) and p300 in androgen receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21824-36 pubmed publisher..The studies suggest that MAGE-11 links NH(2)-terminal domains of AR and p300 to promote transcriptional synergy through a cadre of FXXLF-related interacting motifs. ..
- Chen G, Zhu J, Lv T, Wu G, Sun H, Huang X, et al. Spatiotemporal expression of histone acetyltransferases, p300 and CBP, in developing embryonic hearts. J Biomed Sci. 2009;16:24 pubmed publisher..The expression of p300 is earlier and more predominate, suggesting that p300 may play a more important role in embryonic heart development especially during cardiac precursor cell induction and interventricular septum formation. ..
- Huang C, Han Y, Wang Y, Sun X, Yan S, Yeh E, et al. SENP3 is responsible for HIF-1 transactivation under mild oxidative stress via p300 de-SUMOylation. EMBO J. 2009;28:2748-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify SENP3 as a redox sensor that regulates HIF-1 transcriptional activity under oxidative stress through the de-SUMOylation of p300. ..
- Wojciak J, Martinez Yamout M, Dyson H, Wright P. Structural basis for recruitment of CBP/p300 coactivators by STAT1 and STAT2 transactivation domains. EMBO J. 2009;28:948-58 pubmed publisher..Because the different STAT TADs recognize different regions of CBP/p300, there is a potential for multivalent binding by STAT heterodimers that could enhance the recruitment of the coactivators to promoters. ..
- Syrjanen S, Naud P, Sarian L, Derchain S, Roteli Martins C, Longatto Filho A, et al. p300 expression is related to high-risk human papillomavirus infections and severity of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia but not to viral or disease outcomes in a longitudinal setting. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2010;29:135-45 pubmed publisher..036), but p300 was not a significant predictor of disease progression to either CIN1+ or CIN2+.p300 expression was upregulated in CIN lesions and related to detection and viral load of HR-HPV but not to their outcome or to incident CIN. ..
- Chander H, Halpern M, Resnick Silverman L, Manfredi J, Germain D. Skp2B attenuates p53 function by inhibiting prohibitin. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:220-5 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that both Skp2 and Skp2B attenuate p53 activity through different pathways, suggesting that amplification of the Skp2 locus represents a powerful mechanism to attenuate p53 function in cancer. ..
- Kim Y, Geiger T, Egan D, Sharma N, Nyborg J. The HTLV-1 tax protein cooperates with phosphorylated CREB, TORC2 and p300 to activate CRE-dependent cyclin D1 transcription. Oncogene. 2010;29:2142-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings support a model in which Tax-induced accumulation of cyclin D1 shortens the G1 phase of the cell cycle, promotes mitotic replication of the virus, and drives selection and expansion of malignant T-cells. ..
- Lee C, Lee I, Lin C, Lee H, Lin W, Yang C. Activation and induction of cytosolic phospholipase A2 by IL-1beta in human tracheal smooth muscle cells: role of MAPKs/p300 and NF-kappaB. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:1045-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in HTSMCs, activation of MAPKs, NF-kappaB, and p300 are essential for IL-1beta-induced cPLA(2) expression and PGE(2) secretion...
- Boumah C, Lee M, Selvamurugan N, Shimizu E, Partridge N. Runx2 recruits p300 to mediate parathyroid hormone's effects on histone acetylation and transcriptional activation of the matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:1255-63 pubmed publisher..This work establishes the molecular basis of transcriptional regulation in osteoblasts by PTH, a hormone acting through a G-protein coupled receptor. ..
- Sunagawa Y, Morimoto T, Takaya T, Kaichi S, Wada H, Kawamura T, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase-9 is a component of the p300/GATA4 complex required for phenylephrine-induced hypertrophy in cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9556-68 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Cdk9 forms a functional complex with the p300/GATA4 and is required for p300/GATA4- transcriptional pathway during cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. ..
- Lu W, Guzman A, Yang W, Chapa C, Shaw G, Greene R, et al. Genes encoding critical transcriptional activators for murine neural tube development and human spina bifida: a case-control study. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:141 pubmed publisher..However, these modest associations were not statistically significant after correction for multiple comparisons. Searching for potential functional variants and rare causal mutations is warranted in these genes. ..
- Emani S, Ramlawi B, Sodha N, Li J, Bianchi C, Sellke F. Increased vascular permeability after cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with diabetes is associated with increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;138:185-91 pubmed publisher
- De Siervi A, De Luca P, Moiola C, Gueron G, Tongbai R, Chandramouli G, et al. Identification of new Rel/NFkappaB regulatory networks by focused genome location analysis. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2093-100 pubmed
- Steinmann S, Schulte K, Beck K, Chachra S, Bujnicki T, Klempnauer K. v-Myc inhibits C/EBPbeta activity by preventing C/EBPbeta-induced phosphorylation of the co-activator p300. Oncogene. 2009;28:2446-55 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings that the modulation of the C/EBPbeta-induced phosphorylation of p300 as a new mechanism of transcriptional suppression by v-Myc. ..
- Kashyap V, Gudas L. Epigenetic regulatory mechanisms distinguish retinoic acid-mediated transcriptional responses in stem cells and fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14534-48 pubmed publisher..We have delineated the complex mechanisms that control RA-mediated transcription in fibroblasts versus stem cells. ..
- Ohoka N, Kato S, Takahashi Y, Hayashi H, Sato R. The orphan nuclear receptor RORalpha restrains adipocyte differentiation through a reduction of C/EBPbeta activity and perilipin gene expression. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:759-71 pubmed publisher..RORalpha inhibits PPARgamma-dependent adipogenesis along with the repression of perilipin induction. These findings suggest that RORalpha is a novel negative regulator of adipocyte differentiation that acts through dual mechanisms. ..
- Dietschy T, Shevelev I, Pena Diaz J, Huhn D, Kuenzle S, Mak R, et al. p300-mediated acetylation of the Rothmund-Thomson-syndrome gene product RECQL4 regulates its subcellular localization. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1258-67 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence of a post-translational modification of the RECQL4 protein, and suggest that acetylation of RECQL4 by p300 regulates the trafficking of RECQL4 between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. ..
- O Bryant E, Jordan C. Expression of nuclear receptor coactivators in androgen-responsive and -unresponsive motoneurons. Horm Behav. 2005;47:29-38 pubmed..Our results indicate five different putative cofactors have the potential to participate in motoneuronal responses to androgens, since their distribution overlaps well with the distribution of ARs in these motoneurons. ..
- Mathiyalagan P, Chang L, Du X, El Osta A. Cardiac ventricular chambers are epigenetically distinguishable. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:612-7 pubmed..We present evidence for the first time that the pattern of gene expression is closely linked with histone modifications and propose the left and right chambers of the heart are epigenetically distinguishable. ..
- Fonte C, Trousson A, Grenier J, Schumacher M, Massaad C. Opposite effects of CBP and p300 in glucocorticoid signaling in astrocytes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;104:220-7 pubmed..Moreover, in astrocytes the opposite effects of CBP and p300 could lead to a balance in the transactivation potency of the GR, in order to fine tune the action of glucocorticoids. ..
- Jang E, Choi J, Jeong G, Lee J. Phosphorylation of p300 by ATM controls the stability of NBS1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:637-43 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that ATM transduces a DNA damage signal to p300, and that ATM-dependent phosphorylation of p300 is required for stabilization of NBS1 proteins in response to DNA damage. ..
- Kassimatis T, Nomikos A, Giannopoulou I, Lymperopoulos A, Moutzouris D, Varakis I, et al. Transcription factor Sp1 expression is upregulated in human glomerulonephritis: correlation with pSmad2/3 and p300 expression and renal injury. Ren Fail. 2010;32:243-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a possible cooperation of Sp1 with pSmad2/3 and p300 in mediating renal injury as well as a possible role for this molecule in the pathogenesis and the progression of human GN. ..
- Lagos D, Pollara G, Henderson S, Gratrix F, Fabani M, Milne R, et al. miR-132 regulates antiviral innate immunity through suppression of the p300 transcriptional co-activator. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:513-9 pubmed publisher..By targeting p300, rather than a transcription factor or signalling protein, miR-132 has a broad role in the regulation of antiviral immunity. ..
- Chiu J, Khan Z, Farhangkhoee H, Chakrabarti S. Curcumin prevents diabetes-associated abnormalities in the kidneys by inhibiting p300 and nuclear factor-kappaB. Nutrition. 2009;25:964-72 pubmed publisher..These beneficial effects of curcumin were mediated through the inhibition of p300 and nuclear factor-kappaB. ..
- Hao L, Rizzo P, Osipo C, Pannuti A, Wyatt D, Cheung L, et al. Notch-1 activates estrogen receptor-alpha-dependent transcription via IKKalpha in breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:201-13 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that a hitherto unknown Notch-1/ERalpha chromatin crosstalk mediates Notch signaling effects in ERalpha-positive breast cancer cells and contributes to regulate the transcriptional functions of ERalpha itself. ..
- Yan M, Rayoo M, Takano E, Thorne H, Fox S. BRCA1 tumours correlate with a HIF-1alpha phenotype and have a poor prognosis through modulation of hydroxylase enzyme profile expression. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1168-74 pubmed publisher..This may have important implications, as these tumours may respond to compounds directed against HIF-1alpha or its downstream targets. ..
- Teufel D, Bycroft M, Fersht A. Regulation by phosphorylation of the relative affinities of the N-terminal transactivation domains of p53 for p300 domains and Mdm2. Oncogene. 2009;28:2112-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, phosphorylation of Thr18 and hepta-phosphorylation dramatically shifts the balance towards favouring the binding of p300 with p53, and is thus likely to be an important factor in its regulation. ..