Genomes and Genes
nf kappa b p52 subunit
Summary: A component of NF-kappa B transcription factor. It is proteolytically processed from NF-kappa B p100 precursor protein and is important for maturation of B-LYMPHOCYTES and adaptive HUMORAL IMMUNITY.
- Jin X, Jin H, Jung H, Lee S, Lee J, Lee J. An atypical E3 ligase zinc finger protein 91 stabilizes and activates NF-kappaB-inducing kinase via Lys63-linked ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30539-47 pubmed publisher..These data clearly indicate that ZFP91 is an important regulator of the noncanonical NF-?B pathway. ..
- Bista P, Zeng W, Ryan S, Bailly V, Browning J, Lukashev M. TRAF3 controls activation of the canonical and alternative NFkappaB by the lymphotoxin beta receptor. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12971-8 pubmed publisher..Modulation of cellular TRAF3 levels may thus contribute to regulation of NFkappaB-dependent gene expression by LTBR by affecting the balance of LTBR-dependent activation of canonical and non-canonical NFkappaB pathways. ..
- Shen J, Yang M, Ju D, Jiang H, Zheng J, Xu Z, et al. Disruption of SM22 promotes inflammation after artery injury via nuclear factor kappaB activation. Circ Res. 2010;106:1351-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that SM22 downregulation can induce proinflammatory VSMCs through activation of ROS-mediated NF-kappaB pathways. This study provides initial evidence linking VSMC cytoskeleton remodeling with arterial inflammation. ..
- Bednarski B, Baldwin A, Kim H. Addressing reported pro-apoptotic functions of NF-kappaB: targeted inhibition of canonical NF-kappaB enhances the apoptotic effects of doxorubicin. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6992 pubmed publisher..Therefore, combination therapies incorporating NF-kappaB inhibitors together with standard chemotherapies remains a viable method to improve the clinical outcomes in patients with advanced stage malignancies. ..
- Kanno Y, Sakurai D, Hase H, Kojima H, Kobata T. TACI induces cIAP1-mediated ubiquitination of NIK by TRAF2 and TANK to limit non-canonical NF-kappaB signaling. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:121-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the regulation of NIK by TACI through the interaction of TANK/TRAF2/cIAP1 plays a pivotal role in the suppression of non-canonical NF-kappaB signaling. ..
- Keutgens A, Zhang X, Shostak K, Robert I, Olivier S, Vanderplasschen A, et al. BCL-3 degradation involves its polyubiquitination through a FBW7-independent pathway and its binding to the proteasome subunit PSMB1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25831-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data defined a unique motif of BCL-3 that is needed for its recruitment to the proteasome and identified PSMB1 as a key protein required for the proteasome-mediated degradation of a nuclear and oncogenic IkappaB protein. ..
- Fritz R, Radziwill G. CNK1 promotes invasion of cancer cells through NF-kappaB-dependent signaling. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:395-406 pubmed publisher..Thus, CNK1 is an essential mediator of an oncogenic pathway involved in invasion of breast and cervical cancer cells and is therefore a putative target for cancer therapy. ..
- Yang C, Murti A, Pfeffer L. Interferon induces NF-kappa B-inducing kinase/tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor-dependent NF-kappa B activation to promote cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31530-6 pubmed
- Nadiminty N, Dutt S, Tepper C, Gao A. Microarray analysis reveals potential target genes of NF-kappaB2/p52 in LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2010;70:276-87 pubmed publisher..This study provides a comprehensive analysis of genes potentially regulated by NF-kappaB2/p52 in the LNCaP prostate cancer cell line and provides a rationale for the induction of castration-resistant growth by p52 in LNCaP cells. ..
- Suto H, Katakai T, Sugai M, Kinashi T, Shimizu A. CXCL13 production by an established lymph node stromal cell line via lymphotoxin-beta receptor engagement involves the cooperation of multiple signaling pathways. Int Immunol. 2009;21:467-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it is suggested that the maturation of lymphoid stromal cells mediated by LTbetaR is accomplished by the cooperation of multiple signaling cascades. ..
- Keats J, Fonseca R, Chesi M, Schop R, Baker A, Chng W, et al. Promiscuous mutations activate the noncanonical NF-kappaB pathway in multiple myeloma. Cancer Cell. 2007;12:131-44 pubmed..These results highlight the critical importance of the NF-kappaB pathway in the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma. ..
- Maruyama T, Fukushima H, Nakao K, Shin M, Yasuda H, Weih F, et al. Processing of the NF-kappa B2 precursor p100 to p52 is critical for RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:1058-67 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a new finding for a previously unappreciated role for NF-kappaB in osteoclast differentiation. ..
- Morris G. An alternative to lung inflammation and fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2595-8 pubmed publisher..This Commentary discusses the role of NFkappaB signaling in lung inflammation and fibrosis. ..
- Jin H, Jin X, Lee J. Zinc-finger protein 91 plays a key role in LIGHT-induced activation of non-canonical NF-?B pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:581-6 pubmed publisher..These data clearly indicate that ZFP91 is a key regulator in LIGHT-induced activation of non-canonical NF-?B pathway in LT?R signaling. ..
- Yang L, Cui H, Wang Z, Zhang B, Ding J, Liu L, et al. Loss of negative feedback control of nuclear factor-kappaB2 activity in lymphocytes leads to fatal lung inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2646-57 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the physiological relevance of the NF-kappaB2 p100 precursor protein in limiting the potentially detrimental effects of constitutive NF-kappaB2 signaling in lymphocytes. ..
- Rauert H, Wicovsky A, Muller N, Siegmund D, Spindler V, Waschke J, et al. Membrane tumor necrosis factor (TNF) induces p100 processing via TNF receptor-2 (TNFR2). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7394-404 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified activation of the alternative NFkappaB pathway as a TNF signaling effect that can be specifically assigned to TNFR2 and membrane TNF. ..
- Saito T, Sasaki C, Rezanka L, Ghosh P, Longo D. p52-Independent nuclear translocation of RelB promotes LPS-induced attachment. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:235-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that RelB was responsible for the LPS-mediated attachment and may play an important role in the progression of some cancers. ..
- Yao Z, Xing L, Boyce B. NF-kappaB p100 limits TNF-induced bone resorption in mice by a TRAF3-dependent mechanism. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:3024-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that upregulation of TRAF3 or NF-kappaB p100 expression or inhibition of NF-kappaB p100 degradation in OCPs could limit bone destruction and inflammation-induced bone loss in common bone diseases. ..
- Nishina T, Yamaguchi N, Gohda J, Semba K, Inoue J. NIK is involved in constitutive activation of the alternative NF-kappaB pathway and proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:96-101 pubmed publisher..Therefore, NIK might be a novel target for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Claudio E, Saret S, Wang H, Siebenlist U. Cell-autonomous role for NF-kappa B in immature bone marrow B cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:3406-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the lifelong dependency of B cells on NF-kappaB-mediated survival functions is set in motion at the time of first expression of a full BCR. ..
- Debnath I, Roundy K, Weis J, Weis J. Analysis of the regulatory role of BAFF in controlling the expression of CD21 and CD23. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2388-99 pubmed
- Misra U, Kaczowka S, Pizzo S. Inhibition of NF-kappaB1 and NF-kappaB2 activation in prostate cancer cells treated with antibody against the carboxyl terminal domain of GRP78: effect of p53 upregulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:538-42 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that antibody directed against the carboxyl terminal domain of GRP78 inhibits the pro-proliferative NF-kappaB signaling cascade in cancer cells. ..
- Keller U, Huber J, Nilsson J, Fallahi M, Hall M, Peschel C, et al. Myc suppression of Nfkb2 accelerates lymphomagenesis. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:348 pubmed publisher..Nfkb2 is suppressed by c-Myc and harnesses Myc-driven lymphomagenesis. These data thus link Myc-driven lymphomagenesis to the non-canonical NF-kappaB pathway. ..