Genomes and Genes
Summary: Important modulators of the activity of plasminogen activators. The inhibitors belong to the serpin family of proteins and inhibit both the tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activators.
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Mansuy I, van Der Putten H, Schmid P, Meins M, Botteri F, Monard D. Variable and multiple expression of Protease Nexin-1 during mouse organogenesis and nervous system development. Development. 1993;119:1119-34 pubmed
- Vassalli J, Huarte J, Bosco D, Sappino A, Sappino N, Velardi A, et al. Protease-nexin I as an androgen-dependent secretory product of the murine seminal vesicle. EMBO J. 1993;12:1871-8 pubmed..PN-I levels are much lower in immature animals, and strongly decreased upon castration. Testosterone treatment of castrated males rapidly restores PN-I mRNA levels, indicating that PN-I gene expression is under androgen control. ..
- Belin D, Wohlwend A, Schleuning W, Kruithof E, Vassalli J. Facultative polypeptide translocation allows a single mRNA to encode the secreted and cytosolic forms of plasminogen activators inhibitor 2. EMBO J. 1989;8:3287-94 pubmed..Thus, the accumulation of one polypeptide into two topologically distinct cellular compartments can be achieved by facultative translocation. ..
- Chen P, Chu S, Chiou H, Kuo W, Chiang C, Hsieh Y. Mulberry anthocyanins, cyanidin 3-rutinoside and cyanidin 3-glucoside, exhibited an inhibitory effect on the migration and invasion of a human lung cancer cell line. Cancer Lett. 2006;235:248-59 pubmed..Together, these result suggested that anthocyanins could decrease the in vitro invasiveness of cancer cells and therefore, may be of great value in developing a potential cancer therapy. ..
- Loskutoff D, Linders M, Keijer J, Veerman H, van Heerikhuizen H, Pannekoek H. Structure of the human plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 gene: nonrandom distribution of introns. Biochemistry. 1987;26:3763-8 pubmed..Transcription of the PAI-1 gene in cultured vascular endothelial cells results in two distinct mRNA species. Our data suggest that these two transcripts arise by alternative polyadenylation. ..
- Heda G, Roberts L. Role of tissue-type plasminogen activator in salicylic acid-induced sloughing of human corn tissue. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2008;98:345-52 pubmed
- Murer V, Spetz J, Hengst U, Altrogge L, De Agostini A, Monard D. Male fertility defects in mice lacking the serine protease inhibitor protease nexin-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3029-33 pubmed..The data demonstrate that the level of extracellular proteolytic activity is a critical element in controlling male fertility. ..
- Li Y, Lu Y. Applying a highly specific and reproducible cDNA RDA method to clone garlic up-regulated genes in human gastric cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:213-6 pubmed..Isolation of a recombinant gene and two novel ESTs further show cDNA RDA based on cDNA libraries to be a powerful method with high specificity and reproducibility in cloning differentially expressed genes. ..
- Dass K, Ahmad A, Azmi A, Sarkar S, Sarkar F. Evolving role of uPA/uPAR system in human cancers. Cancer Treat Rev. 2008;34:122-36 pubmed..Therefore, this system represents a highly attractive target that warrants further in-depth studies. Such studies are likely to contribute towards the development of molecularly-driven targeted therapies in the near future. ..
- Pollak V, Glas Greenwalt P, Olinger C, Wadhwa N, Myre S. Ancrod causes rapid thrombolysis in patients with acute stroke. Am J Med Sci. 1990;299:319-25 pubmed..The biological effect of fibrinolysis in ancrod infused patients was demonstrated by a greater improvement in stroke score when compared to those infused with saline. ..
- Pannekoek H, Veerman H, Lambers H, Diergaarde P, Verweij C, van Zonneveld A, et al. Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI): a new member of the Serpin gene family. EMBO J. 1986;5:2539-44 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence reveals significant homology with members of the serine protease inhibitor (Serpin) family, e.g. alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor and antithrombin III.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Balk E, Lau J, Goudas L, Jordan H, Kupelnick B, Kim L, et al. Effects of statins on nonlipid serum markers associated with cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2003;139:670-82 pubmed..Overall, however, available data are insufficient to support recommendations for using nonlipid serum markers in decisions regarding statin therapy for individual patients. ..
- Glueck C, Phillips H, Cameron D, Sieve Smith L, Wang P. Continuing metformin throughout pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome appears to safely reduce first-trimester spontaneous abortion: a pilot study. Fertil Steril. 2001;75:46-52 pubmed..65, P=.04). Metformin therapy throughout pregnancy in women with PCOS reduces the otherwise high rate of first-trimester spontaneous abortion seen among women not receiving metformin and does not appear to be teratogenic. ..
- Ehrlich H, Gebbink R, Keijer J, Linders M, Preissner K, Pannekoek H. Alteration of serpin specificity by a protein cofactor. Vitronectin endows plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 with thrombin inhibitory properties. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:13029-35 pubmed..Therefore, vitronectin is the first protein described to function as a cofactor for serpin specificity. PAI-1 is proposed to be a versatile inhibitor which, in the presence of vitronectin, can modulate both coagulation and fibrinolysis. ..
- Zbroch E, Małyszko J, Małyszko J, Koc Zorawska E, Myśliwiec M. Renalase, kidney function, and markers of endothelial dysfunction in renal transplant recipients. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2012;122:40-4 pubmed..Further studies are needed to establish the putative role of renalase in the pathogenesis of hypertension after transplantation and its possible use in novel targeted therapies. ..
- Kim S, Buonanno A, Nelson P. Regulation of prothrombin, thrombin receptor, and protease nexin-1 expression during development and after denervation in muscle. J Neurosci Res. 1998;53:304-11 pubmed..An elevated level of local thrombin or thrombin-like activity might result from the decreased inhibitory activity of PN-1 during the period of peak synapse elimination in muscle development. ..
- Tang L, Han X. The urokinase plasminogen activator system in breast cancer invasion and metastasis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:179-82 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on uPA system, summarizes their biological effects, highlights the molecular mechanism and pathway, and discusses the role of uPA system in the prevention and treatment of human breast cancers. ..
- Angleton P, Chandler W, Schmer G. Diurnal variation of tissue-type plasminogen activator and its rapid inhibitor (PAI-1). Circulation. 1989;79:101-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that diurnal variations in PAI-1 activity may reduce fibrinolytic activity in the morning in healthy individuals and in patients with coronary artery disease. ..
- Ernø H, Monard D. Molecular organization of the rat glia-derived nexin/protease nexin-1 promoter. Gene Expr. 1993;3:163-74 pubmed..A positive regulatory element is localized in the region -1545 to -389. In vitro CpG methylation blocked transcription from the GDN/PN-1 promoter in rat hepatoma cells but not in C6 rat glioma cells. ..
- Bang P, Fielder P. Human pregnancy serum contains at least two distinct proteolytic activities with the ability to degrade insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3. Endocrinology. 1997;138:3912-7 pubmed..In addition, PHS does indeed contain an unique IGFBP-3 protease activity that is not present in NHS, and its identity is unknown at this time. ..
- Qiu P, Li Y, Shiloach J, Cui X, Sun J, Trinh L, et al. Bacillus anthracis cell wall peptidoglycan but not lethal or edema toxins produces changes consistent with disseminated intravascular coagulation in a rat model. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:978-89 pubmed publisher..05 for all comparisons except for PAI level). DIC during B. anthracis infection may be related more to components such as PGN than to LT or ET. ..
- Van Nostrand W, Schmaier A, Farrow J, Cunningham D. Protease nexin-II (amyloid beta-protein precursor): a platelet alpha-granule protein. Science. 1990;248:745-8 pubmed..In certain disease states, alterations in platelet release and processing and clearance of PN-II/APP and its derived fragments could lead to pathological accumulation of these proteins. ..
- Bruzdzinski C, Riordan Johnson M, Nordby E, Suter S, Gelehrter T. Isolation and characterization of the rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2078-85 pubmed..There is only one such sequence within the 5'-flanking region of the human gene; however, that sequence, at -61, is 100% conserved in the rat gene. ..
- Wagers S, Norton R, Rinaldi L, Bates J, Sobel B, Irvin C. Extravascular fibrin, plasminogen activator, plasminogen activator inhibitors, and airway hyperresponsiveness. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:104-11 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that leakage of fibrinogen and thrombin and their accumulation on the airway surface can contribute to the pathogenesis of airway hyperresponsiveness. ..
- Krishnamurti C, Young G, Barr C, Colleton C, Alving B. Enhancement of tissue plasminogen activator-induced fibrinolysis by activated protein C in endotoxin-treated rabbits. J Lab Clin Med. 1991;118:523-30 pubmed..The data indicate that activated protein C can neutralize plasma PAI-1 activity in vivo.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Blann A, Gurney D, Wadley M, Bareford D, Stonelake P, Lip G. Increased soluble P-selectin in patients with haematological and breast cancer: a comparison with fibrinogen, plasminogen activator inhibitor and von Willebrand factor. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2001;12:43-50 pubmed..We conclude that the platelet marker soluble P-selectin is raised in both haematological and breast cancer, and is higher in the former, but is unrelated to the type or stage of breast cancer. ..
- Declerck P, De Mol M, Alessi M, Baudner S, Paques E, Preissner K, et al. Purification and characterization of a plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 binding protein from human plasma. Identification as a multimeric form of S protein (vitronectin). J Biol Chem. 1988;263:15454-61 pubmed
- Bosma P, van den Berg E, Kooistra T, Siemieniak D, Slightom J. Human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene. Promoter and structural gene nucleotide sequences. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:9129-41 pubmed..These Alu-Pur elements may represent a subset of the more abundant Alu family of repetitive sequence elements. ..
- van Hinsbergh V, Sprengers E, Kooistra T. Effect of thrombin on the production of plasminogen activators and PA inhibitor-1 by human foreskin microvascular endothelial cells. Thromb Haemost. 1987;57:148-53 pubmed..Our data indicate that interaction of thrombin with microvascular endothelial cells will shift the balance between t-PA, u-PA and PA inhibitor-1, and thus affects the regulation of fibrinolysis. ..
- Crisp R, Knauer M, Knauer D. Protease nexin 1 is a potent urinary plasminogen activator inhibitor in the presence of collagen type IV. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47285-91 pubmed
- Incalcaterra E, Hoffmann E, Averna M, Caimi G. Genetic risk factors in myocardial infarction at young age. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2004;52:287-312 pubmed
- Jankun J, Aleem A, Struniawski R, Lysiak SzydÅ‚owska W, Selman S, Skrzypczak Jankun E. Accelerated thrombus lysis in the blood of plasminogen activator inhibitor deficient mice is inhibited by PAI-1 with a very long half-life. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:673-80 pubmed
- Foucré D, Bouchet C, Hacene K, Pourreau Schneider N, Gentile A, Martin P, et al. Relationship between cathepsin D, urokinase, and plasminogen activator inhibitors in malignant vs benign breast tumours. Br J Cancer. 1991;64:926-32 pubmed..The implication of plasminogen activator inhibitors in the phenomenon was surprising and merits further investigation using tools other than global antigen measurements in tumours. ..
- Antalis T, Clark M, Barnes T, Lehrbach P, Devine P, Schevzov G, et al. Cloning and expression of a cDNA coding for a human monocyte-derived plasminogen activator inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:985-9 pubmed..Like ovalbumin, mPAI-2 appears to have no typical amino-terminal signal sequence. The 3' untranslated region of the mPAI-2 cDNA contains a putative regulatory sequence that has been associated with the inflammatory mediators. ..
- Lund L, Georg B, Nielsen L, Mayer M, Danø K, Andreasen P. Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1: cell-specific and differentiation-induced expression and regulation in human cell lines, as determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1988;60:43-53 pubmed..These findings provide information for future studies of the molecular mechanism of cell-specific expression and regulation of PAI-1. ..
- Barton M, Morris D, Norton N, Prasse K. Hemostatic and fibrinolytic indices in neonatal foals with presumed septicemia. J Vet Intern Med. 1998;12:26-35 pubmed..Survival of septicemic foals was correlated with gram-negative bacteremia, but not with the presence of endotoxin or coagulopathy. ..
- Pastinen T, Perola M, Niini P, Terwilliger J, Salomaa V, Vartiainen E, et al. Array-based multiplex analysis of candidate genes reveals two independent and additive genetic risk factors for myocardial infarction in the Finnish population. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1453-62 pubmed..The observation of two separate genes contributing an additive risk of developing MI exemplifies the advantages of multiplex analysis of genetic variation. ..
- Kasza A, Kowanetz M, Poślednik K, Witek B, Kordula T, Koj A. Epidermal growth factor and pro-inflammatory cytokines regulate the expression of components of plasminogen activation system in U373-MG astrocytoma cells. Cytokine. 2001;16:187-90 pubmed..We conclude that EGF and IFN-gamma are new important regulators of the plasminogen activation system in astrocytoma cells and, therefore, may influence turnover of extracellular matrix and migration of cells within the brain. ..
- Okazaki M, Udaka Y, Saito Y, Koseki H, Ohta S, Kikuchi T, et al. Increase in plasma fibrinogen and plasminogen activator inhibitor level in diabetic KK and KK-Ay mice. In Vivo. 2003;17:5-11 pubmed..These age-related increases in the plasma level of fibrinogen and PAI suggested that KK-Ay mice may contribute to help elucidate the early stages of diabetic atherosclerosis. ..
- Piccart M, Sotiriou C, Cardoso F. New data on chemotherapy in the adjuvant setting. Breast. 2003;12:373-8 pubmed..The 3-year results of this trial strongly support concept 1; a longer follow-up and a confirmation study are desirable before recommending changes in routine patient care. ..
- Jankun J, Specht Z, Szkudlarek M, Greenfield R, Gaikwad B, Trifonov L, et al. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 is locked in active conformation and polymerizes upon binding ligands neutralizing its activity. Int J Mol Med. 2006;17:437-47 pubmed..The polymerization of PAI-1 reduces PAI-1 activity by encapsulating the critical RCL fragment inside the formed PAI-1/PAI-1 polymers. ..
- Muehlschlegel J, Body S. Impact of genetic variation on perioperative bleeding. Am J Hematol. 2008;83:732-7 pubmed publisher..We will explore the nature, effects, and implications of the genetics that influence perioperative bleeding above and beyond surgical bleeding, particularly in cardiac surgery. ..
- Seiffert D, Loskutoff D. Evidence that type 1 plasminogen activator inhibitor binds to the somatomedin B domain of vitronectin. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:2824-30 pubmed..These results suggest that the cell-binding and PAI-1 binding sequences of Vn occupy distinct regions in the NH2-terminal somatomedin B domain of the molecule. ..
- Mossard J, Wiesel M, Cazenave J, Grunebaum L, Drawin T, Kieny J, et al. [Relation of an increase of von Willebrand factor in the blood, acute myocardial infarction, unstable angina and coronary thrombosis]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1989;82:1813-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the VWF may be considered to be a marker for thrombus and/or endothelial activation but a larger study population would be required to identify more accurately the subgroups with thrombosis or risk of thrombosis. ..
- Watanabe R, Yamada Y, Ihara Y, Someya Y, Kubota A, Kagimoto S, et al. The MH1 domains of smad2 and smad3 are involved in the regulation of the ALK7 signals. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;254:707-12 pubmed..These results indicate that the ALK7 signal regulates nuclear localization and activation of Smad2 and Smad3, and the MH1 domain of Smad2 has inhibitory effects on the nuclear localization. ..
- Andreasen P, Egelund R, Petersen H. The plasminogen activation system in tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:25-40 pubmed..The increased knowledge about the plasminogen activation system may allow utilization of its components as targets for anti-invasive therapy. ..
- Gallistl S, Sudi K, Borkenstein M, Troebinger M, Weinhandl G, Muntean W. Determinants of haemostatic risk factors for coronary heart disease in obese children and adolescents. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000;24:1459-64 pubmed
- Berk R, Katar M, Dong Z, Day D. Plasminogen Activators and Inhibitors in the Corneas of Mice Infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1561-7 pubmed..Immunized mice exhibit a more balanced and shorter expression of the PA system, which may contribute to the restoration of corneal clarity. ..
- Parish J, Somers V. Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. Mayo Clin Proc. 2004;79:1036-46 pubmed..Leukocyte adhesion and accumulation on endothelial cells are common in both OSA and atherosclerosis. Clinicians should be aware that OSA may be a risk factor for the development of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Chmielewska J, Ranby M, Wiman B. Evidence for a rapid inhibitor to tissue plasminogen activator in plasma. Thromb Res. 1983;31:427-36 pubmed..A regulatory function may be anticipated for this inhibitor, but its exact patophysiological role has still to be established. ..
- Chern S, Li S, Lu C, Chen E. Spatiotemporal expression of the serine protease inhibitor, SERPINE2, in the mouse placenta and uterus during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and lactation. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2010;8:127 pubmed publisher..It may participate in the PA-modulated tissue remodeling process in the mouse placenta and uterus. ..
- Sigurdardottir O, Wiman B. Complex formation between plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and vitronectin in purified systems and in plasma. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1035:56-61 pubmed..In contrast to functionally active PAI-1, latent or chloramine T-inactivated PAI-1 did not form such a complex with vitronectin. ..
- Schwarz H, Heeb M, Lottenberg R, Roberts H, Griffin J. Familial protein S deficiency with a variant protein S molecule in plasma and platelets. Blood. 1989;74:213-21 pubmed
- Zeheb R, Gelehrter T. Cloning and sequencing of cDNA for the rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Gene. 1988;73:459-68 pubmed
- Suefuji H, Ogawa H, Yasue H, Imoto N, Sakamoto T, Miyao Y, et al. Effect of niceritrol on fibrinolysis and lipoprotein (a) levels in patients with coronary artery disease. Coron Artery Dis. 1996;7:167-72 pubmed..These observations suggest that niceritrol administration may tend to normalize fibrinolysis in such patients. ..
- Del Bigio M, Hosain S, Altumbabic M. Localization of urokinase-type plasminogen activator, its receptor, and inhibitors in mouse forebrain during postnatal development. Int J Dev Neurosci. 1999;17:387-99 pubmed
- Rabbani S, Mazar A. The role of the plasminogen activation system in angiogenesis and metastasis. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2001;10:393-415, x pubmed..This article reviews the evidence for the role of this system in tumor angiogenesis and metastasis, which suggests that the uPA system initiates multiple cascades that contribute to these processes. ..
- Wojtukiewicz M, Sierko E, Zacharski L, Rózanska Kudelska M, Zimnoch L. Occurrence of components of fibrinolytic pathways in situ in laryngeal cancer. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2003;29:317-20 pubmed..Trace staining was found for u-PA receptor (u-PAR) in differentiated tumor cells. The significance of coagulation and fibrinolytic pathways present in situ to the economy of laryngeal carcinoma remains to be determined. ..
- Ullbro C, Kinnby B, Lindberg P, Matsson L. Tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and placental plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-2) in gingival crevicular fluid from patients with Papillon-Lefèvre syndrome. J Clin Periodontol. 2004;31:708-12 pubmed
- Mimuro J. [Type 1 plasminogen activator inhibitor: its role in biological reactions]. Rinsho Ketsueki. 1991;32:487-9 pubmed..The association of PAI-1 with vitronectin appears to stabilize PAI-1. PAI-1 in complex with vitronectin is still accessible to plasminogen activators.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Ye R, Ahern S, Le Beau M, Lebo R, Sadler J. Structure of the gene for human plasminogen activator inhibitor-2. The nearest mammalian homologue of chicken ovalbumin. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5495-502 pubmed..We conclude that PAI-2 is the closest mammalian homologue of avian ovalbumin. ..
- Liu Y. Interaction and regulation of plasminogen activators and their inhibitor in rat follicles during periovulatory periods. Sci Sin B. 1988;31:47-57 pubmed..It is suggested that the interaction between plasminogen activators and their inhibitor in the follicles may play a very important role in maintaining normal ovarian function and the machnism of ovulation. ..
- Delahousse B, Maillot F, Gabriel I, Schellenberg F, Lamisse F, Gruel Y. Increased plasma fibrinolysis and tissue-type plasminogen activator/tissue-type plasminogen activator inhibitor ratios after ethanol withdrawal in chronic alcoholics. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2001;12:59-66 pubmed..These changes induced by alcohol abstinence might provide clear benefit by reducing the risk of thromboembolic events and particularly of stroke associated with elevated PAI-1 levels described in heavy drinkers. ..
- Wankiewicz A, Iwan Zietek I, Kotschy M, Gwieździński Z. Selected parameters of fibrinolysis system in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis. Med Sci Monit. 2002;8:CR189-92 pubmed..Increased type 1 plasminogen activator inhibitor level (PAI-1) may reflect a chronic inflammatory condition present in DH patients. ..
- Miyamoto S, Kawano H, Takazoe K, Soejima H, Sakamoto T, Hokamaki J, et al. Vitamin E improves fibrinolytic activity in patients with coronary spastic angina. Thromb Res. 2004;113:345-51 pubmed..Administration of vitamin E is possible to be an effective adjunct therapy of coronary spasm in the absence of coronary atherosclerosis. ..
- Narazaki M, Tosato G. Conflicting results from clinical observations and murine models: what is the role of plasminogen activators in tumor growth?. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006;98:726-7 pubmed
- Vairaktaris E, Serefoglou Z, Avgoustidis D, Yapijakis C, Critselis E, Vylliotis A, et al. Gene polymorphisms related to angiogenesis, inflammation and thrombosis that influence risk for oral cancer. Oral Oncol. 2009;45:247-53 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings and previous reports, possible interactions of the implicated factors leading to OSCC development, as well as an algorithm of risk estimation are discussed. ..
- Winkler G, Cseh K. [Molecular mechanisms and correlations of insulin resistance, obesity, and type 2 diabetes mellitus]. Orv Hetil. 2009;150:771-80 pubmed publisher..Recently discovered common mechanisms leading to insulin and cytokine resistance in obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus, e.g. protein family of suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) are also discussed. ..
- Schaller J, Gerber S. The plasmin-antiplasmin system: structural and functional aspects. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:785-801 pubmed publisher..The activity of the plasminogen activators is primarily regulated by the plasminogen activator inhibitors 1 and 2, members of the serine protease inhibitor superfamily. ..
- Castellote J, Grau E, Linde M, Pujol Moix N, Rutllant M. Detection of both type 1 and type 2 plasminogen activator inhibitors in human monocytes. Thromb Haemost. 1990;63:67-71 pubmed..This inactive PAI1 could have come from a rapid inactivation of the primary active PAI1. These PAI1 and PAI2 detected in human monocytes may be transcendent in the regulation of the fibrinolytic system. ..
- Stief T, Radtke K, Heimburger N. Inhibition of urokinase by protein C-inhibitor (PCI). Evidence for identity of PCI and plasminogen activator inhibitor 3. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1987;368:1427-33 pubmed
- Zheng Y, Tong J, Do X, Pu X, Zhou B. Prevalence of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T and its association with arterial and venous thrombosis in the Chinese population. Br J Haematol. 2000;109:870-4 pubmed..The prothrombin 20210A mutation was not found in any patients or controls. These results demonstrated that MTHFR 677T was associated with DVT and cerebral infarction but was less associated with CAD in the Chinese population. ..
- Rosano L, Varmi M, Salani D, Di Castro V, Spinella F, Natali P, et al. Endothelin-1 induces tumor proteinase activation and invasiveness of ovarian carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:8340-6 pubmed..Therefore, ET-1 may represent a key component of more aggressive ligand-induced invasiveness of ovarian carcinoma. ..
- Dixon B, Santamaria J, Campbell D. Plasminogen activator inhibitor activity is associated with raised lactate levels after cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass. Crit Care Med. 2003;31:1053-9 pubmed..Our findings implicate aspects of the inflammatory response, including microvascular thrombosis, in the development of raised lactate levels after cardiac surgery with CPB. ..
- Yang D, Sun Y, Lin X, Baumann J, Warnock M, Lawrence D, et al. Taming neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury by intranasal delivery of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. Stroke. 2013;44:2623-2627 pubmed publisher..Intranasal delivery of CPAI is an effective treatment of experimental HI brain injury of newborns. Clinical application of this experimental therapy merits further investigation. ..
- Emani S, Zurakowski D, Baird C, Pigula F, TRENOR C, Emani S. Hypercoagulability panel testing predicts thrombosis in neonates undergoing cardiac surgery. Am J Hematol. 2014;89:151-5 pubmed publisher..Hypercoagulability panel testing may help identify neonates at high risk for thrombosis following cardiac surgery. Future studies are warranted to determine if high risk patients benefit from targeted anticoagulation therapies. ..
- Ellis V, Wun T, Behrendt N, Rønne E, Danø K. Inhibition of receptor-bound urokinase by plasminogen-activator inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:9904-8 pubmed
- Brownstein B, Silverman G, Little R, Burke D, Korsmeyer S, Schlessinger D, et al. Isolation of single-copy human genes from a library of yeast artificial chromosome clones. Science. 1989;244:1348-51 pubmed..The clones, which ranged in size from 60 to 650 kilobases, were stable on prolonged propagation in yeast and appear to contain faithful replicas of human DNA. ..
- Ginsburg D, Zeheb R, Yang A, Rafferty U, Andreasen P, Nielsen L, et al. cDNA cloning of human plasminogen activator-inhibitor from endothelial cells. J Clin Invest. 1986;78:1673-80 pubmed..Cultured HUVECs contain two PAI-1 mRNA species, both encoded by a single gene, differing by 1 kb in the 3' untranslated region. The PAI-1 gene is located on human chromosome 7. ..
- Billingsley G, Walter M, Hammond G, Cox D. Physical mapping of four serpin genes: alpha 1-antitrypsin, alpha 1-antichymotrypsin, corticosteroid-binding globulin, and protein C inhibitor, within a 280-kb region on chromosome I4q32.1. Am J Hum Genet. 1993;52:343-53 pubmed..These genes form a PI cluster at 14q32.1, similar to that of the homologous genes on murine chromosome l2. The close proximity of these genes has implications for disease-association studies. ..
- Norwitz E, Snegovskikh V, Schatz F, Foyouzi N, Rahman M, Buchwalder L, et al. Progestin inhibits and thrombin stimulates the plasminogen activator/inhibitor system in term decidual stromal cells: implications for parturition. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;196:382.e1-8 pubmed
- Soejima H, Kishikawa H, Ogawa H. [Acute myocardial infarction induced by coronary spasm]. Nihon Rinsho. 2007;Suppl 5 Pt 2:83-7 pubmed
- Rask O, Nilsson K, Berntorp E. Oestrogen treatment of constitutional tall stature in girls: is there a risk of thrombosis or bleeding?. Acta Paediatr. 2008;97:342-7 pubmed publisher..01). Changes in coagulation parameters occurred both towards pro- and anticoagulation. Treatment with high-dose ethinyl estradiol can successfully limit final height, and it is most effective when started at a younger bone age. ..
- Dieckmann K, Struss W, Budde U. Evidence for acute vascular toxicity of cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with germ cell tumour. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4501-5 pubmed..Long-term vascular complications of chemotherapy appear to be different, pathogenetically. ..
- Hagege J, Peraldi M, Rondeau E, Adida C, Delarue F, Medcalf R, et al. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deposition in the extracellular matrix of cultured human mesangial cells. Am J Pathol. 1992;141:117-28 pubmed..This can explain the absence of detectable PAI-1 in normal human kidney biopsies. t-PA released by mesangial cells can bind and detach matrix PAI-1. ..