salivary proteins and peptides
Summary: Proteins and peptides found in SALIVA and the SALIVARY GLANDS. Some salivary proteins such as ALPHA-AMYLASES are enzymes, but their composition varies in different individuals.
- Monteón V, May Gil I, Acosta Viana K, Ramos Logonio A, Hernández O, López R. Comparative 2-D electrophoresis of salivary proteins in Triatoma dimidiata and Rhodnius prolixus (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) and major cross-reactive antigens. Ann Parasitol. 2017;63:121-125 pubmed publisher..prolixius saliva with weights of 10 kDa and 55 kDa. Our findings may alert for the presence of cross-reacting antigens between triatomine species in regions where two or more species are overlapping in the same geographical area. ..
- Mahjoub S, Ghasempour M, Gharage A, Bijani A, Masrourroudsari J. Comparison of total antioxidant capacity in saliva of children with severe early childhood caries and caries-free children. Caries Res. 2014;48:271-5 pubmed..001, r = 0.685 and r = 0.902, respectively). The significant increment of salivary TAC in S-ECC may represent a compensatory mechanism against oxidative stress in S-ECC. ..
- Kammoun Rebai W, Bahi Jaber N, Naouar I, Toumi A, Ben Salah A, Louzir H, et al. Human cellular and humoral immune responses to Phlebotomus papatasi salivary gland antigens in endemic areas differing in prevalence of Leishmania major infection. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005905 pubmed publisher..Characterizing anti-saliva immune responses in individuals living in well defined leishmaniasis endemic areas would provide valuable insights regarding their effect on parasite transmission and establishment in humans...
- Tian C, Sun X, Liu X, Huang X, Chen F, Zheng S. Salivary peptidome profiling analysis for occurrence of new carious lesions in patients with severe early childhood caries. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182712 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 2 specific peptides with m/z values 3162.0 Da and 3290.4 Da could be promising salivary protein biomarkers for diagnosis of recurrence of s-ECC. ..
- Lips A, Antunes L, Antunes L, Pintor A, Santos D, Bachinski R, et al. Salivary protein polymorphisms and risk of dental caries: a systematic review. Braz Oral Res. 2017;31:e41 pubmed publisher..This systematic review demonstrated an association between genetic polymorphisms and risk of dental caries for most of the salivary proteins. ..
- Shih N, de Carvalho L, Lee Y, Rocha M, Pereira Barbosa A, A de Sousa J, et al. Development of bioanalytical assays for variegin, a peptide-based bivalent direct thrombin inhibitor. Bioanalysis. 2017;9:693-705 pubmed publisher..7 ± 6.3 min, respectively. We developed three bioanalytical assays for a novel direct thrombin inhibitor, variegin. The thrombin time assay is optimized for variegin quantitation during future porcine studies and clinical trials. ..
- Lestinova T, Rohousova I, Sima M, de Oliveira C, Volf P. Insights into the sand fly saliva: Blood-feeding and immune interactions between sand flies, hosts, and Leishmania. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005600 pubmed publisher..The results obtained shall pave the way for the development of field-application tools that could contribute to the management of leishmaniasis in endemic areas. ..
- Cho H, Kim H, Park J, Park S, Kim K, Wood T, et al. Construction and characterization of the Korean whole saliva proteome to determine ethnic differences in human saliva proteome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181765 pubmed publisher..Finally, the present Korean WS protein list can serve as the first level reference for future proteomic studies including disease biomarker studies on Korean saliva. ..
- Gillum T, Kuennen M, Miller T, Riley L. The effects of exercise, sex, and menstrual phase on salivary antimicrobial proteins. Exerc Immunol Rev. 2014;20:23-38 pubmed..Menstrual phase did not affect IgA, Lys, or Lac and men and women did not differ in saliva flow rates. In conclusion, regularly menstruating women who are not taking hormonal contraceptives differently express AMPs compared to men. ..
- Mutahar M, O Toole S, Carpenter G, Bartlett D, Andiappan M, Moazzez R. Reduced statherin in acquired enamel pellicle on eroded teeth compared to healthy teeth in the same subjects: An in-vivo study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183660 pubmed publisher..1(30.0, 755.6) ng] (p = 0.002). No statistical differences were observed for mucin 5b, albumin or CA VI. The total protein and statherin in the in-vivo AEP were different between eroded and non-eroded tooth surfaces of the same patient. ..
- Knaś M, Zalewska A, Waszkiewicz N, Szulimowska J, Dziezcioł J, Sierakowski S, et al. Salivary: flow and proteins of the innate and adaptive immunity in the limited and diffused systemic sclerosis. J Oral Pathol Med. 2014;43:521-9 pubmed..Only patients with the diffused form are deficient in respect of stimulated saliva secretion; the parotid glands of the patients with the limited form have a good secretory capacity in comparison with the healthy control. ..
- Gomi H, Osawa H, Uno R, Yasui T, Hosaka M, Torii S, et al. Canine Salivary Glands: Analysis of Rab and SNARE Protein Expression and SNARE Complex Formation With Diverse Tissue Properties. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:637-653 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that protein expression profiles in canine salivary glands differ among individual glands and reflect the properties of their specialized functions. ..
- Galloway J, Keijser B, Williams D. Saliva in studies of epidemiology of human disease: the UK Biobank project. Periodontol 2000. 2016;70:184-95 pubmed publisher..This repository is a resource for insightful and highly powered oral and dental research. ..
- Takacs I, Takacs A, Posa A, Gyemant G. HPLC method for measurement of human salivary ?-amylase inhibition by aqueous plant extracts. Acta Biol Hung. 2017;68:127-136 pubmed publisher..017-41 ?g/ml range for these six selected plant extracts. Our results confirm the applicability of this HPLC-based method for the quick and reliable comparison of plants as ?-amylase inhibitors. ..
- Harmouche N, Aisenbrey C, Porcelli F, Xia Y, Nelson S, Chen X, et al. Solution and Solid-State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Structural Investigations of the Antimicrobial Designer Peptide GL13K in Membranes. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4269-4278 pubmed publisher..GL13K, thus, undergoes a number of conformational transitions, including a random coil state in solution, a helical structure upon dilution at the surface of zwitterionic membranes, and ?-sheet conformations at high peptide:lipid ratios...
- de Paula V, Silva F, Francischetti I, Monteiro R, Valente A. Recombinant expression of Ixolaris, a Kunitz-type inhibitor from the tick salivary gland, for NMR studies. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;139:49-56 pubmed publisher..These studies represent the first steps in obtaining high-resolution structural information by NMR for Ixolaris enabling the investigation of the molecular basis for Ixolaris-coagulation factors interactions. ..
- Dutta S, Dukehart M, Narang A, Latham P. Functional and structural changes in parotid glands of alcoholic cirrhotic patients. Gastroenterology. 1989;96:510-8 pubmed..These data provide evidence for marked parotid gland dysfunction in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis presumably due to metabolic derangement and altered parotid gland structure. ..
- Wright J. Current evidence for remineralizing therapeutics in caries management. J Dent Hyg. 2012;86:35-6 pubmed