Genomes and Genes
Summary: Proteins prepared by recombinant DNA technology.
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- McAlary L, Yerbury J, Aquilina J. Glutathionylation potentiates benign superoxide dismutase 1 variants to the toxic forms associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Sci Rep. 2013;3:3275 pubmed publisher..This defines a key role for glutathionylation in superoxide dismutase 1 associated familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ..
- Song F, Chen P, Sun D, Wang M, Dong L, Liang D, et al. Cryo-EM study of the chromatin fiber reveals a double helix twisted by tetranucleosomal units. Science. 2014;344:376-80 pubmed publisher..The asymmetric binding and the location of histone H1 in chromatin play a role in the formation of the 30-nanometer fiber. Our results provide mechanistic insights into how nucleosomes compact into higher-order chromatin fibers. ..
- Jacobson I, Dore G, Foster G, Fried M, Radu M, Rafalsky V, et al. Simeprevir with pegylated interferon alfa 2a plus ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection (QUEST-1): a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2014;384:403-13 pubmed publisher..The efficacy and safety of the combination of simeprevir, a one pill, once-daily, oral HCV NS3/4A protease inhibitor, plus peginterferon alfa 2a plus ribavirin were assessed in treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 1 infection...
- Lohse J, Swier L, Oudshoorn R, Médard G, Kuster B, Slotboom D, et al. Targeted Diazotransfer Reagents Enable Selective Modification of Proteins with Azides. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:913-917 pubmed publisher..While a variety of methods have been established to introduce the azido group into recombinant proteins, a method that directly converts specific amino groups in endogenous proteins is lacking...
- Kim S, Min W, Park Y, Seo J. Application of repeated aspartate tags to improving extracellular production of Escherichia coli L-asparaginase isozyme II. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2015;79-80:49-54 pubmed publisher..This tag system composed of the pelB signal peptide, and repeated aspartates can be applied to extracellular production of other recombinant proteins.
- Sabet S, George M, El Shorbagy H, Bassiony H, Farroh K, Youssef T, et al. Gelatin nanoparticles enhance delivery of hepatitis C virus recombinant NS2 gene. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181723 pubmed publisher..Gel.NPs effectively enhanced the gene delivery in bacterial cells without affecting the structure of NS2 gene and could be used as a safe, easy, rapid, cost-effective and non-viral vaccine delivery system for HCV. ..
- Esaki S, Evich M, Erlitzki N, Germann M, Poon G. Multiple DNA-binding modes for the ETS family transcription factor PU.1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16044-16054 pubmed publisher..As sequential dimerization did not occur with the ETS domain of Ets-1, a close structural homolog of PU.1, 2:1 complex formation may represent an alternative autoinhibitory mechanism in the ETS family at the protein-DNA level. ..
- Yong C, Yeap S, Omar A, Tan W. Advances in the study of nodavirus. Peerj. 2017;5:e3841 pubmed publisher..Potential vaccines for fishes and prawns based on inactivated viruses, recombinant proteins or DNA, either delivered through injection, oral feeding or immersion, are also discussed in detail...
- Gangl D, Zedler J, Rajakumar P, Martinez E, Riseley A, WÅ‚odarczyk A, et al. Biotechnological exploitation of microalgae. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:6975-90 pubmed publisher..species can be transformed and hence used as cell factories for the production of high-value chemicals or recombinant proteins. In this article, we review exploitation use of microalgae with a special emphasis on genetic engineering ..
- Shen X, Pitol A, Bachmann V, Hacker D, Baldi L, Wurm F. A simple plasmid-based transient gene expression method using High Five cells. J Biotechnol. 2015;216:67-75 pubmed publisher..derived from the lepidopteran Trichoplusia ni, is one of the major insect cell hosts for the production of recombinant proteins using the baculovirus expression vector system (BEVS)...
- Pan D, Barber M, Hornigold K, Baker M, Toth J, Oxley D, et al. Norbin Stimulates the Catalytic Activity and Plasma Membrane Localization of the Guanine-Nucleotide Exchange Factor P-Rex1. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:6359-75 pubmed publisher..Binding assays with purified recombinant proteins showed that their interaction is direct, and mutational analysis revealed that the pleckstrin homology ..
- Wadeesirisak K, Castano S, Berthelot K, Vaysse L, Bonfils F, Peruch F, et al. Rubber particle proteins REF1 and SRPP1 interact differently with native lipids extracted from Hevea brasiliensis latex. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2017;1859:201-210 pubmed publisher..In this study we highlighted the different modes of interactions of both recombinant proteins with different classes of lipids extracted from Hevea brasiliensis latex, and defined as phospholipids (PL),..
- Franks C, Campbell S, Purow B, Harris T, Hsu K. The Ligand Binding Landscape of Diacylglycerol Kinases. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:870-880.e5 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our studies illustrate the power of chemical proteomics to profile protein-small molecule interactions of lipid kinases for fragment-based lead discovery. ..
- Baek K, Yu H, Kim E, Na Y, Kwon Y. Calcium influx-mediated translocation of m-calpain induces Ku80 cleavage and enhances the Ku80-related DNA repair pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:30831-44 pubmed publisher..and a flag antibody and was confirmed in m-calpain knock-down cells and in vitro cell-free evaluation with recombinant proteins of calpains, Ku70, and Ku80...
- Kondoh T, Manzoor R, Nao N, Maruyama J, Furuyama W, Miyamoto H, et al. Putative endogenous filovirus VP35-like protein potentially functions as an IFN antagonist but not a polymerase cofactor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186450 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mlEFL35p potentially acts as an IFN antagonist but not a polymerase cofactor...
- Wozniak A, GarcÃa P, Geoffroy E, Aguirre D, GonzÃ¡lez S, Sarno V, et al. A novel live vector group A streptococcal emm type 9 vaccine delivered intranasally protects mice against challenge infection with emm type 9 group A streptococci. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2014;21:1343-9 pubmed publisher..The design of this vaccine prototype may provide a lower cost alternative to vaccines comprised of purified recombinant proteins.
- Guan C, Cui W, Cheng J, Liu R, Liu Z, Zhou L, et al. Construction of a highly active secretory expression system via an engineered dual promoter and a highly efficient signal peptide in Bacillus subtilis. N Biotechnol. 2016;33:372-9 pubmed publisherA strong promoter and highly efficient signal peptides are essential for the secretory overproduction of recombinant proteins in Bacillus subtilis...
- Liang Q, Huang Z, Zhang Y, Li H. Immobilization of Ulp1 protease on NHS-activated Sepharose: a useful tool for cleavage of the SUMO tag of recombinant proteins. Biotechnol Lett. 2017;39:1025-1031 pubmed publisher..This provides a fast purification system to quickly obtain cleaved recombinant proteins with 95% purity from cell lysates with the application of immobilized Ulp1...
- Maher J, Allen M. Planar lipid bilayers in recombinant ion channel research. Methods. 2018;147:206-212 pubmed publisherThere are a number of methods of investigating the function of recombinant proteins such as ion channels. However, after channel purification there are few methods to guarantee that the protein still functions...
- Borhani H, Berghmans H, Trashin S, De Wael K, Fago A, Moens L, et al. Kinetic properties and heme pocket structure of two domains of the polymeric hemoglobin of Artemia in comparison with the native molecule. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1854:1307-16 pubmed publisher..The recombinant proteins as well as the native hemoglobin (AfHb) were purified from bacteria and frozen Artemia, respectively by ..
- Romand S, Jostock T, Fornaro M, Schmidt J, Ritter A, Wilms B, et al. Improving expression of recombinant human IGF-1 using IGF-1R knockout CHO cell lines. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:1094-101 pubmed publisher..3 g/L. This data illustrate that cell line engineering approaches are powerful tools to improve the yields of recombinant proteins which are difficult to produce in CHO cells.
- Li Y, Meng F, Cui S, Fu J, Wang Y, Cui Z, et al. Cooperative effects of immune enhancer TPPPS and different adjuvants on antibody responses induced by recombinant ALV-J gp85 subunit vaccines in SPF chickens. Vaccine. 2017;35:1594-1598 pubmed publisher..that the immune enhancer TPPPS, combined with YF01 or CpG adjuvants, can enhance the immunogenicity of gp85 recombinant proteins, and provide a better immuno-protection...
- Ten Haaf A, Pscherer S, Fries K, Barth S, GattenlÃ¶hner S, Tur M. Phage display-based on-slide selection of tumor-specific antibodies on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human tissue biopsies. Immunol Lett. 2015;166:65-78 pubmed publisher..However, recombinant proteins can be difficult to express and purify in their native conformation and suitable cell lines are not always ..
- Wahome N, Sully E, Singer C, Thomas J, Hu L, Joshi S, et al. Novel Ricin Subunit Antigens With Enhanced Capacity to Elicit Toxin-Neutralizing Antibody Responses in Mice. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1603-1613 pubmed publisher..that stability-enhancing modifications would have a beneficial effect on overall immunogenicity of the recombinant proteins. We demonstrate that 2 RiVax triple mutant derivatives, RB (V81L/C171L/V204I) and RC (V81I/C171L/V204I), ..
- Milewski M, Broger T, Kirkpatrick J, Filomena A, Komadina D, Schneiderhan Marra N, et al. A standardized production pipeline for high profile targets from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2016;10:1049-1057 pubmed publisher..To obtain recombinant proteins from Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) for use in clinical applications, a standardized procedure was ..
- Richardson M, Page I. Aspergillus serology: Have we arrived yet?. Med Mycol. 2017;55:48-55 pubmed..by agar gel double diffusion and immunolectrophoresis to enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays using recombinant proteins as capture antigens...
- Ogita Y, Egami S, Ebihara A, Ueda N, Katada T, Kontani K. Di-Ras2 Protein Forms a Complex with SmgGDS Protein in Brain Cytosol in Order to Be in a Low Affinity State for Guanine Nucleotides. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:20245-56 pubmed publisher..Size-exclusion chromatography of purified recombinant proteins showed that Di-Ras2 forms a high affinity complex with SmgGDS...
- Cui Y, Meng Y, Zhang J, Cheng B, Yin H, Gao C, et al. Efficient secretory expression of recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli with a novel actinomycete signal peptide. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;129:69-74 pubmed publisherIn well-established heterologous hosts, such as Escherichia coli, recombinant proteins are usually intracellular and frequently found as inclusion bodies-especially proteins possessing high rare codon content...
- Gaciarz A, Khatri N, Velez Suberbie M, Saaranen M, Uchida Y, Keshavarz Moore E, et al. Efficient soluble expression of disulfide bonded proteins in the cytoplasm of Escherichia coli in fed-batch fermentations on chemically defined minimal media. Microb Cell Fact. 2017;16:108 pubmed publisherThe production of recombinant proteins containing disulfide bonds in Escherichia coli is challenging...
- Wiechmann S, Gärtner A, Kniss A, Stengl A, Behrends C, Rogov V, et al. Site-specific inhibition of the small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO)-conjugating enzyme Ubc9 selectively impairs SUMO chain formation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15340-15351 pubmed publisher..We propose that the availability of the new chain-selective SUMO inhibitors reported here will enable a thorough investigation of poly-SUMO-mediated cellular processes, such as DNA damage responses and cell cycle progression. ..
- Song Y, La T, Phillips N, Hampson D. Development of a serological ELISA using a recombinant protein to identify pig herds infected with Brachyspira hyodysenteriae. Vet J. 2015;206:365-70 pubmed publisher..candidate genes were expressed in an Escherichia coli mediated system, and purified as histidine-tagged recombinant proteins. Selection of optimal antigens under different conditions was conducted using Western blot and ELISA with a ..
- Hacker D, Balasubramanian S. Recombinant protein production from stable mammalian cell lines and pools. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2016;38:129-36 pubmed publisherWe highlight recent developments for the production of recombinant proteins from suspension-adapted mammalian cell lines...
- González Fernández J, Rivas L, Luque Ortega J, Núñez Ramírez R, Campioli P, Garate T, et al. Recombinant vs native Anisakis haemoglobin (Ani s 13): Its appraisal as a new gold standard for the diagnosis of allergy. Exp Parasitol. 2017;181:119-129 pubmed publisher..None of the non-Anisakis sensitised patients were positive. Combined use of purified native form of Ani s 13 with current gold standards would improve the sensitivity and specificity for diagnosing anisakiasis. ..
- Nigi I, Fairall L, Schwabe J. Expression and Purification of Protein Complexes Suitable for Structural Studies Using Mammalian HEK 293F Cells. Curr Protoc Protein Sci. 2017;90:5.28.1-5.28.16 pubmed publisher..cells are straightforward to grow, transfect with high efficiency and often produce significant yields of recombinant proteins. In this unit, we describe a method to express and purify milligram quantities of a human protein complex ..
- Maertens B, Spriestersbach A, Kubicek J, SchÃ¤fer F. Strep-Tagged Protein Purification. Methods Enzymol. 2015;559:53-69 pubmed publisherThe Strep-tag system can be used to purify recombinant proteins from any expression system. Here, protocols for lysis and affinity purification of Strep-tagged proteins from E...
- Favre B, BegrÃ© N, Bouameur J, Borradori L. Development of a Novel Green Fluorescent Protein-Based Binding Assay to Study the Association of Plakins with Intermediate Filament Proteins. Methods Enzymol. 2016;569:117-37 pubmed publisher..in detail a recently developed protein-protein fluorescence binding assay, based on the production of recombinant proteins tagged with green fluorescent protein (GFP) and their use as fluid-phase fluorescent ligands on immobilized ..
- González Bacerio J, Maluf S, Méndez Y, Pascual I, Florent I, Melo P, et al. KBE009: An antimalarial bestatin-like inhibitor of the Plasmodium falciparum M1 aminopeptidase discovered in an Ugi multicomponent reaction-derived peptidomimetic library. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4628-4636 pubmed publisher..These results support the value of this multicomponent strategy to identify PfA-M1 inhibitors, and make KBE009 a promising hit for drug development against malaria. ..
- Maijaroen S, Anwised P, Klaynongsruang S, Daduang S, Boonmee A. Comparison of recombinant Î±-hemoglobin from Crocodylus siamensis expressed in different cloning vectors and their biological properties. Protein Expr Purif. 2016;118:55-63 pubmed publisher..The result from UV-visible absorption spectra showed a similar pattern of all recombinant proteins to the oxy-hemoglobin form of intact Hb...
- Bednarczyk D, Noy D. Water in Oil Emulsions: A New System for Assembling Water-soluble Chlorophyll-binding Proteins with Hydrophobic Pigments. J Vis Exp. 2016;: pubmed publisher..of gaining such understanding is by constructing and studying complexes of Chls with simple water-soluble recombinant proteins. However, incorporating the lipophilic Chls and BChls into water-soluble proteins is difficult...
- Ryan B, Kinsella G. Differential Precipitation and Solubilization of Proteins. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1485:191-208 pubmed..Precipitation of recombinant proteins, lysed from the host cell, is commonly used to concentrate the protein of choice before further polishing ..
- Chen Z, Eggerman T, Bocharov A, Baranova I, Vishnyakova T, Kurlander R, et al. Heat shock proteins stimulate APOBEC-3-mediated cytidine deamination in the hepatitis B virus. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13459-13479 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that heat shock proteins, in particular Hsp90, stimulate APOBEC-3-mediated DNA deamination activity, suggesting a potential physiological role in carcinogenesis and viral innate immunity. ..
- Jain I, Miller E, Danger J, Pflughoeft K, Sumby P. RocA Is an Accessory Protein to the Virulence-Regulating CovRS Two-Component System in Group A Streptococcus. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..A model of how RocA interacts with CovRS, and of the regulatory consequences of such activity, is presented. ..
- Daniel E, Onwukwe G, Wierenga R, Quaggin S, Vainio S, Krause M. ATGme: Open-source web application for rare codon identification and custom DNA sequence optimization. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:303 pubmed publisherCodon usage plays a crucial role when recombinant proteins are expressed in different organisms...
- Encarnação J, Schulte T, Achour A, Björkelund H, Andersson K. Detecting ligand interactions in real time on living bacterial cells. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;102:4193-4201 pubmed publisher..Adequate methods are well developed for the analysis of recombinant proteins such as antibody-antigen interactions...
- Rialch A, Raina O, Tigga M, Anandanarayanan A, Ganaie Z, Aftab A, et al. Evaluation of Echinococcus granulosus recombinant EgAgB8/1, EgAgB8/2 and EPC1 antigens in the diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis in buffaloes. Vet Parasitol. 2018;252:29-34 pubmed publisherThree recombinant proteins of Echinococcus granulosus including two antigen B sub-units EgAgB8/1 and EgAgB8/2 and Echinococcus protoscolex calcium binding protein 1 (EPC1) were expressed in prokaryotic expression vectors...
- Mlynek G, Lehner A, Neuhold J, Leeb S, Kostan J, Charnagalov A, et al. The Center for Optimized Structural Studies (COSS) platform for automation in cloning, expression, and purification of single proteins and protein-protein complexes. Amino Acids. 2014;46:1565-82 pubmed publisherExpression in Escherichia coli represents the simplest and most cost effective means for the production of recombinant proteins. This is a routine task in structural biology and biochemistry where milligrams of the target protein are ..
- Shah M, Ashraf A, Khan M, Rahman M, Habib M, Chughtai M, et al. Fowl adenovirus: history, emergence, biology and development of a vaccine against hydropericardium syndrome. Arch Virol. 2017;162:1833-1843 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is suggested that the immunogenicity of these recombinant proteins should be evaluated for their use as subunit vaccines.
- Salman M, St Michael F, Ali A, Jabbar A, Cairns C, Hayes A, et al. First characterization of immunogenic conjugates of Vi negative Salmonella Typhi O-specific polysaccharides with rEPA protein for vaccine development. J Immunol Methods. 2017;450:27-33 pubmed publisher..Typhi OSP glycoconjugate. Moreover, rEPA was a better carrier protein than HSA. Thus OSP-rEPA conjugate seems to be efficacious typhoid vaccines candidate, it may be evaluated further and recommended for the clinical trials. ..
- Du R, Niu S, Liu Y, Sun X, Porth I, El Kassaby Y, et al. The gibberellin GID1-DELLA signalling module exists in evolutionarily ancient conifers. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16637 pubmed publisher..PtDPL; PtRGA) from Pinus tabuliformis, a widespread indigenous conifer species in China, and studied their recombinant proteins. PtGID1 shares with AtGID1a the conserved HSL motifs for GA binding and an N-terminal feature that are ..
- Yadavalli R, SAM YELLOWE T. HeLa Based Cell Free Expression Systems for Expression of Plasmodium Rhoptry Proteins. J Vis Exp. 2015;:e52772 pubmed publisher..Protein yield is determined by Bradford's assay and the expressed and purified proteins can be confirmed by western blotting analysis. Expressed recombinant proteins can be used for immunizations, immunoassays and protein sequencing.
- Khan S, Islam A, Hassan M, Sharma S, Singh T, Ahmad F. Effect of conservative mutations (L94V and L94I) on the structure and stability of horse cytochrome c. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;633:40-49 pubmed publisher..All these measurements led us to conclude that both mutants exist as molten globule and are less stable than the wild-type protein. These observations are supported well by examining the structure of horse cyt c (PDB ID, 1HRC). ..
- Mastrangeli R, Satwekar A, Cutillo F, Ciampolillo C, Palinsky W, Longobardi S. In-vivo biological activity and glycosylation analysis of a biosimilar recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone product (Bemfola) compared with its reference medicinal product (GONAL-f). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184139 pubmed publisher..The clinical relevance of the differences observed between GONAL-f and Bemfola should be further investigated. ..
- Matoba Y, Kihara S, Muraki Y, Bando N, Yoshitsu H, Kuroda T, et al. Activation Mechanism of the Streptomyces Tyrosinase Assisted by the Caddie Protein. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5593-5603 pubmed publisher..Aggregation of the caddie protein, which is triggered by the conversion of the Tyr98 residue to dopaquinone, may ensure the generation of fully activated tyrosinase...
- Doijen J, Van Loy T, De Haes W, Landuyt B, Luyten W, Schoofs L, et al. Signaling properties of the human chemokine receptors CXCR4 and CXCR7 by cellular electric impedance measurements. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185354 pubmed publisher..Taken together, cellular electric impedance spectroscopy can represent a valuable alternative pharmacological cell-based assay for the identification of molecules targeting CXCR4, but not for CXCR7 in the absence of CXCR4. ..
- Abil Z, Ellefson J, Gollihar J, Watkins E, Ellington A. Compartmentalized partnered replication for the directed evolution of genetic parts and circuits. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:2493-2512 pubmed publisher..A single round of CPR should take ?3-5 d, whereas a whole directed evolution can be performed in 3-10 rounds, depending on selection efficiency...
- Guevara G, Heras L, Perera J, Lloréns J. Functional characterization of 3-ketosteroid 9?-hydroxylases in Rhodococcus ruber strain chol-4. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:176-187 pubmed publisher..Accordingly to what it is described for other Rhodococcus strains, our results also suggest that the side chain degradation is KshAB-independent. ..
- Finkelstein D, Billings J, Adlard P, Ayton S, Sedjahtera A, Masters C, et al. The novel compound PBT434 prevents iron mediated neurodegeneration and alpha-synuclein toxicity in multiple models of Parkinson's disease. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that compounds designed to target a pool of pathological iron that is not held in high-affinity complexes in the tissue can maintain the survival of SNpc neurons and could be disease-modifying in PD. ..
- Vitali J, Singh A, COLANERI M. Characterization of the Dihydroorotase from Methanococcus jannaschii. Protein J. 2017;36:361-373 pubmed publisher..Additional and better insight into the thermostabilization strategies adopted by this enzyme will be provided when its crystal structure is determined. ..
- Hirakis S, Malmstrom R, Amaro R. Molecular Simulations Reveal an Unresolved Conformation of the Type IA Protein Kinase A Regulatory Subunit and Suggest Its Role in the cAMP Regulatory Mechanism. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3885-3888 pubmed publisher..Brownian dynamics simulations suggest that the Flipback conformation plays a role in cAMP association to the A domain of the R subunit. ..
- Passarelli P, Pasquantonio G, D addona A. Management of Surgical Third Lower Molar Extraction and Postoperative Progress in Patients With Factor VII Deficiency: A Clinical Protocol and Focus on This Rare Pathologic Entity. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:2070.e1-2070.e4 pubmed publisher..The extraction of the third lower molar appears to be a safe procedure for patients with factor VII deficiency when appropriate prophylaxis with rFVIIa is used. ..
- Roy G, Zhang S, Li L, Higham E, Wu H, Marelli M, et al. Development of a fluorescent reporter system for monitoring ER stress in Chinese hamster ovary cells and its application for therapeutic protein production. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183694 pubmed publisher..This reporter system, with its ability to monitor the stress involved in recombinant protein expression, has utility to assist in devising engineering strategies for improved production of biotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Sarangi P, Lee H, Lerman Y, Trzeciak A, Harrower E, Rezaie A, et al. Activated Protein C Attenuates Severe Inflammation by Targeting VLA-3high Neutrophil Subpopulation in Mice. J Immunol. 2017;199:2930-2936 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that variants of activated PC have a stronger affinity for integrin VLA-3, which reveals novel therapeutic possibilities. ..
- Hassett M, Riegel B, Callaghan P, Roepe P. Analysis of Plasmodium vivax Chloroquine Resistance Transporter Mutant Isoforms. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5615-5622 pubmed publisher..vivax CQR and other examples of quinoline antimalarial drug resistance. ..
- Wan S, Chen P, Chen C, Lai Y, Chu Y, Hung C, et al. Therapeutic Effects of Monoclonal Antibody against Dengue Virus NS1 in a STAT1 Knockout Mouse Model of Dengue Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:2834-2844 pubmed publisher..Therefore, administration with a single dose of mAb 2E8 can protect mice against DENV infection and pathological effects, suggesting that NS1-specific mAb may be a therapeutic option against dengue disease. ..
- Michel M, Swatek K, Hospenthal M, Komander D. Ubiquitin Linkage-Specific Affimers Reveal Insights into K6-Linked Ubiquitin Signaling. Mol Cell. 2017;68:233-246.e5 pubmed publisher..A protocol to enrich K6-ubiquitinated proteins from cells identifies HUWE1 as a main E3 ligase for this chain type, and we show that mitofusin-2 is modified with K6-linked polyubiquitin in a HUWE1-dependent manner. ..
- Kalabova D, Smidova A, Petrvalska O, Alblova M, Kosek D, Man P, et al. Human procaspase-2 phosphorylation at both S139 and S164 is required for 14-3-3 binding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:940-945 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data indicate that other regions of procaspase-2, in addition to phosphorylation motifs, may be involved in the interaction with 14-3-3. ..
- Dai H, He R, Zhang Y, Wu R, Xiao Y. Adenoviral vector mediated ferritin over-expression in mesenchymal stem cells detected by 7T MRI in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185260 pubmed publisher..The correlation between ?R2, OD and ferritin concentration suggests that MRI can detect ferritin signal change accurately. ..
- Faburay B, McGill J, Jongejan F. A glycosylated recombinant subunit candidate vaccine consisting of Ehrlichia ruminantium major antigenic protein1 induces specific humoral and Th1 type cell responses in sheep. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185495 pubmed publisher..ruminantium, in infected hosts. These results provide an important basis for development of a subunit vaccine as a novel strategy to protect susceptible livestock against heartwater in non-endemic and endemic areas. ..
- McVey A, Medarametla P, Chee X, Bartlett S, Poso A, Spring D, et al. Structural and Functional Characterization of Malate Synthase G from Opportunistic Pathogen Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5539-5549 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal two promising binding pockets in malate synthase G that may be exploited for drug design...
- Shimizu H, Toma Fukai S, Saijo S, Shimizu N, Kontani K, Katada T, et al. Structure-based analysis of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor SmgGDS reveals armadillo-repeat motifs and key regions for activity and GTPase binding. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13441-13448 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the two SmgGDS isoforms differ in GTPase binding and GEF activity, depending on the lipidation state, thus providing useful information about the cellular functions of SmgGDS in cells. ..
- HIRBAWI J, Bialkowska K, Bledzka K, Liu J, Fukuda K, Qin J, et al. The extreme C-terminal region of kindlin-2 is critical to its regulation of integrin activation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14258-14269 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the extreme C terminus of K2 is essential for integrin co-activation and highlight the importance of an atypical architecture of the K2 FERM domain in regulating integrin activation. ..
- Acciani M, Alston J, Zhao G, Reynolds H, Ali A, Xu B, et al. Mutational Analysis of Lassa Virus Glycoprotein Highlights Regions Required for Alpha-Dystroglycan Utilization. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our results highlight a region within the Lassa virus GP1 protein that interacts with the cellular receptor alpha-dystroglycan. This information may be used for future development of new Lassa virus antivirals. ..
- Shay A, Diwakar B, Guan B, Narayan V, Urban J, Prabhu K. IL-4 up-regulates cyclooxygenase-1 expression in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14544-14555 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings suggest a new paradigm where IL-4-dependent up-regulation of Cox-1 expression may play a key role in tissue homeostasis and wound healing during Th2-mediated immune responses, such as parasitic infections. ..
- Gerodimos C, Chang H, Watanabe G, Lieber M. Effects of DNA end configuration on XRCC4-DNA ligase IV and its stimulation of Artemis activity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13914-13924 pubmed publisher..These data suggest specific functional and positional relationships among these components that explain genetic and molecular features of NHEJ and V(D)J recombination within cells. ..
- Gangula N, Maddika S. Interplay between the phosphatase PHLPP1 and E3 ligase RNF41 stimulates proper kinetochore assembly via the outer-kinetochore protein SGT1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13947-13958 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that PHLPP1 plays an important role in the assembly of kinetochores by counteracting RNF41-mediated SGT1 degradation. ..
- Galan A, Lozano G, PiÃ±eiro D, Martinez Salas E. G3BP1 interacts directly with the FMDV IRES and negatively regulates translation. FEBS J. 2017;284:3202-3217 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the IRES-binding capacity of G3BP1 and illustrate its function as a translation inhibitor. ..
- Shete P, Ravindran R, Chang E, Worodria W, Chaisson L, Andama A, et al. Evaluation of antibody responses to panels of M. tuberculosis antigens as a screening tool for active tuberculosis in Uganda. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180122 pubmed publisher..Measuring antibody responses to combinations of antigens could facilitate TB screening and should be further evaluated in populations being targeted for systematic screening. ..
- Wilbers R, van Raaij D, Westerhof L, Bakker J, Smant G, Schots A. Re-evaluation of IL-10 signaling reveals novel insights on the contribution of the intracellular domain of the IL-10R2 chain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186317 pubmed publisher..This observation highlights a novel role for the intracellular domain of IL-10R2 in the molecular mechanisms of IL-10R activation. ..
- Lee J, Lee C, Lee S. Interferon alpha-2a treatment for refractory Behcet uveitis in Korean patients. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:52 pubmed publisher..44â€‰Â±â€‰0.38 at baseline to 1.02â€‰Â±â€‰0.58 at the final follow up. IFNÎ±2a is an effective therapy for Behcet uveitis refractory to conventional immunosuppressants in Korean patients. ..
- Ata Ö, Prielhofer R, Gasser B, Mattanovich D, Calik P. Transcriptional engineering of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase promoter for improved heterologous protein production in Pichia pastoris. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2319-2327 pubmed publisher..Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2017;114: 2319-2327. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Gaytan Cervantes J, Gonzalez Torres C, Maldonado V, Zampedri C, Ceballos Cancino G, Melendez Zajgla J. Protein Sam68 regulates the alternative splicing of survivin DEx3. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13745-13757 pubmed publisher..This work provides the first clues regarding the regulation of survivin DEx3 mRNA splicing. ..
- Kroh H, Chandrasekaran R, Rosenthal K, Woods R, Jin X, Ohi M, et al. Use of a neutralizing antibody helps identify structural features critical for binding of Clostridium difficile toxin TcdA to the host cell surface. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14401-14412 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PA50 protects host cells by blocking the binding of TcdA to cell surfaces. ..
- Chaton C, Herr A. Defining the metal specificity of a multifunctional biofilm adhesion protein. Protein Sci. 2017;26:1964-1973 pubmed publisher..These characteristics allow Aap to function as an environmental sensor that regulates biofilm formation in response to local concentrations of Zn2+ and Cu2+ , both of which are implicated in immune cell activity. ..
- Kean K, Carpenter R, Pandini V, Zanetti G, Hall A, Faber R, et al. High-resolution studies of hydride transfer in the ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase superfamily. FEBS J. 2017;284:3302-3319 pubmed publisher..Enzyme Commission number: ferredoxin:NADP+ reductase - E C18.104.22.168. ..