Genomes and Genes
placenta growth factor
Summary: An angiogenic protein belonging to the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor family of growth factors originally isolated and cloned from human placental cDNA library. There are four isoforms of PLGF 1-4 which result from alternative splicing. Placenta Growth Factor is secreted as a glycosylated homodimer which acts as a mitogen for endothelial cells, and its expression is markedly upregulated during hypoxia and in tissue inflammation and cancer.
- Espósito E, Aldrees S, Mastromonaco C, Zoroquiain P, Vila N, Logan P, et al. Evaluation of nicotinamide as an anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic agent in uveal melanoma cell lines. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2017;80:74-77 pubmed publisher..1 cells; basic fibroblast growth factor in the OCM-1 cells; and placenta growth factor in both cell lines...
- Lecuyer M, LaquerriÃ¨re A, Bekri S, Lesueur C, Ramdani Y, JÃ©gou S, et al. PLGF, a placental marker of fetal brain defects after in utero alcohol exposure. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:44 pubmed publisher..Placental PGF disruption impairs brain angiogenesis and likely predicts brain disabilities after in utero alcohol exposure. PLGF assay at birth could contribute to the early diagnosis of FASD. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang T, Lou Y, Yan B, Cui S, Jiang L, et al. Placental growth factor promotes metastases of non-small cell lung cancer through MMP9. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:1210-8 pubmed publisher..PLGF-stimulated cancer invasion may be mediated through its effects on MMP9 activation in NSCLC cells. ..
- Álvarez Fernández I, Prieto B, Rodriguez V, Ruano Y, Escudero A, Alvarez F. Role of vitamin D and sFlt-1/PlGF ratio in the development of early- and late-onset preeclampsia. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015;53:1033-40 pubmed publisher..0-27), respectively]. No association was found between 25(OH)D levels and sFlt-1/PlGF ratio. Low vitamin D status in women with suspected late-onset PE increases the risk of imminent development of the disease. ..
- Gutaj P, Wender Ozegowska E, Iciek R, Zawiejska A, Pietryga M, Brazert J. Maternal serum placental growth factor and fetal SGA in pregnancy complicated by type 1 diabetes mellitus. J Perinat Med. 2014;42:629-33 pubmed publisher..82) vs. 68.23 (11.59-150.03); P=0.03). Decreased PlGF serum concentration in mid-pregnancy, as well as a lack of physiological increase in PlGF levels between early and mid-gestation, may precede development of SGA in women with T1DM. ..
- Verlohren S, Perschel F, Thilaganathan B, Dröge L, Henrich W, Busjahn A, et al. Angiogenic Markers and Cardiovascular Indices in the Prediction of Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy. Hypertension. 2017;69:1192-1197 pubmed publisher..This offers a more precise insight into the pathogenesis of the disease, as well as offering a window for intervention, possibly decreasing cardiovascular mortality in these women. ..
- Soh M, Nelson Piercy C. Biomarkers for Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes in Rheumatic Diseases. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2017;43:201-214 pubmed publisher..It is likely that these changes persist, and additional "insults" from ongoing inflammation, medications, and disease damage contribute to the development of accelerated cardiovascular disease seen in young women with rheumatic disease. ..
- Song N, Liu H, Ma X, Zhang S. Placental growth factor promotes metastases of ovarian cancer through MiR-543-regulated MMP7. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:1104-12 pubmed publisher..MiR-543 inhibits translation of MMP7 through binding to the 3'-UTR of MMP7 mRNA in OC. PLGF suppresses miR-543, which activates MMP7-mediated cancer invasion. ..
- Hanefeld M, Engelmann K, Appelt D, Sandner D, Weigmann I, Ganz X, et al. Intra-individual variability and circadian rhythm of vascular endothelial growth factors in subjects with normal glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184234 pubmed publisher..Taken together, a single morning measurement of systemic VEGF levels after 7:30 am appears to be a reliable parameter for the individual risk associated with abnormal VEGF concentrations in blood...