Genomes and Genes
heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein l
Summary: A heterogeneous-nuclear ribonucleoprotein found associated with most nascent transcripts, most notably those of the landmark giant loops of amphibian lampbrush chromosomes.
- Hung L, Heiner M, Hui J, Schreiner S, Benes V, Bindereif A. Diverse roles of hnRNP L in mammalian mRNA processing: a combined microarray and RNAi analysis. RNA. 2008;14:284-96 pubmed..In sum, this approach revealed a surprising diversity of splicing-regulatory processes as well as poly(A) site selection in which hnRNP L is involved. ..
- Hahm B, Kim Y, Kim J, Kim T, Jang S. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L interacts with the 3' border of the internal ribosomal entry site of hepatitis C virus. J Virol. 1998;72:8782-8 pubmed..This protein with an apparent molecular mass of 68 kDa turned out to be heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L)...
- Guang S, Felthauser A, Mertz J. Binding of hnRNP L to the pre-mRNA processing enhancer of the herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase gene enhances both polyadenylation and nucleocytoplasmic export of intronless mRNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6303-13 pubmed..kinase gene that enables intron-independent gene expression in higher eukaryotes by binding heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L)...
- Lindsey J, deGannes S, Pate K, Zhao X. Antibodies specific for Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 cross-react with human heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L. Mol Immunol. 2016;69:7-12 pubmed publisher..Anti-EBNA-1 consistently bound heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (HNRNPL)...
- Blatter M, Dunin Horkawicz S, Grishina I, Maris C, Thore S, Maier T, et al. The Signature of the Five-Stranded vRRM Fold Defined by Functional, Structural and Computational Analysis of the hnRNP L Protein. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:3001-22 pubmed publisher..The heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L) is a highly abundant protein of 64 kDa comprising four RRM domains...
- Atianand M, Hu W, Satpathy A, Shen Y, Ricci E, Alvarez Dominguez J, et al. A Long Noncoding RNA lincRNA-EPS Acts as a Transcriptional Brake to Restrain Inflammation. Cell. 2016;165:1672-1685 pubmed publisher..Further, lincRNA-EPS mediates these effects by interacting with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L via a CANACA motif located in its 3' end...
- Yao P, Wu J, Lindner D, Fox P. Interplay between miR-574-3p and hnRNP L regulates VEGFA mRNA translation and tumorigenesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7950-7964 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish a novel condition-dependent interplay between a miRNA and an hnRNP that regulates their functions in a bidirectional manner. ..
- Coppin L, Vincent A, Frénois F, Duchene B, Lahdaoui F, Stechly L, et al. Galectin-3 is a non-classic RNA binding protein that stabilizes the mucin MUC4 mRNA in the cytoplasm of cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:43927 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a new role for Gal-3 as a non-classic RNA-binding protein that regulates MUC4 mRNA post-transcriptionally. ..
- Eftekharian M, Ghafouri Fard S, Soudyab M, Omrani M, Rahimi M, Sayad A, et al. Expression Analysis of Long Non-coding RNAs in the Blood of Multiple Sclerosis Patients. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;63:333-341 pubmed publisher..of three lncRNAs with putative roles in the regulation of immune response, namely TNF-? and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (THRIL), Fas cell surface death receptor- antisense 1 (FAS-AS1), and plasmacytoma variant ..
- ..We hypothesize that hnRNP L regulates CA repeat repression for both cryptic exon repression and developmental processes such as T cell differentiation. ..
- Lv D, Wu H, Xing R, Shu F, Lei B, Lei C, et al. HnRNP-L mediates bladder cancer progression by inhibiting apoptotic signaling and enhancing MAPK signaling pathways. Oncotarget. 2017;8:13586-13599 pubmed publisherb>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP-L) is a promoter of various kinds of cancers, but its actions in bladder cancer (BC) are unclear...
- Ma T, Schreiber C, Knutson G, Khattouti A, Sakiyama M, Hassan M, et al. Effects of oxygen on the antigenic landscape of prostate cancer cells. BMC Res Notes. 2015;8:687 pubmed publisher..By modifying the immune reactivity of PCa cells in culture, manipulation of pO2 can be proposed as a new avenue for improving diagnosis, prognosis and immunotherapy for PCa. ..
- Peng Y, Yuan J, Zhang Z, Chang X. Cytoplasmic poly(A)-binding protein 1 (PABPC1) interacts with the RNA-binding protein hnRNPLL and thereby regulates immunoglobulin secretion in plasma cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12285-12295 pubmed publisher..hnRNPLL (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L-like protein) is an RNA-binding protein expressed in terminally differentiated lymphocytes, such ..
- Jia R, Zhang S, Liu M, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Fan M, et al. HnRNP L is important for the expression of oncogene SRSF3 and oncogenic potential of oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35976 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms of OSCC development remain largely unknown. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (HnRNP L) is a multi-functional splicing factor...
- Kajitani N, Glahder J, Wu C, Yu H, Nilsson K, Schwartz S. hnRNP L controls HPV16 RNA polyadenylation and splicing in an Akt kinase-dependent manner. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9654-9678 pubmed publisher..We speculate that Akt kinase activity upholds an intracellular milieu that favours HPV16 early gene expression and suppresses HPV16 late gene expression. ..
- Cole B, Tapescu I, Allon S, Mallory M, Qiu J, Lake R, et al. Global analysis of physical and functional RNA targets of hnRNP L reveals distinct sequence and epigenetic features of repressed and enhanced exons. RNA. 2015;21:2053-66 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that hnRNP L controls inclusion of a broad spectrum of alternative cassette exons in T cells and suggest both direct RNA regulation as well as indirect mechanisms sensitive to the epigenetic landscape. ..
- Hauer C, Curk T, Anders S, Schwarzl T, Alleaume A, Sieber J, et al. Improved binding site assignment by high-resolution mapping of RNA-protein interactions using iCLIP. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7921 pubmed publisher..We developed an analysis tool that identifies these shifts and can improve the positioning of RBP binding sites. ..
- Fei T, Chen Y, Xiao T, Li W, Cato L, Zhang P, et al. Genome-wide CRISPR screen identifies HNRNPL as a prostate cancer dependency regulating RNA splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E5207-E5215 pubmed publisher..a set of essential spliceosome and RNA binding protein (RBP) genes, including most notably heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (HNRNPL)...
- Al Ismail A, Husain A, Kobayashi M, Honjo T, Begum N. Depletion of recombination specific co-factors by the C-terminal mutant of the activation-induced cytidine deaminase causes the dominant negative effect on class switch recombination. Int Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Together these data indicate that dominant negative effect of JP41 on CSR is likely due to the depletion of the CSR-specific RNA binding proteins from WT AID...
- Forest F, Thuret G, Gain P, Dumollard J, Peoc h M, Perrache C, et al. Optimization of immunostaining on flat-mounted human corneas. Mol Vis. 2015;21:1345-56 pubmed..This technique, initially developed for the corneal endothelium, proved equally suitable for the corneal epithelium and could be used for other superficial mono- and multilayered epithelia. ..
- Loh T, Choi N, Moon H, Jang H, Liu Y, Zhou J, et al. Suppression of 5' splice-sites through multiple exonic motifs by hnRNP L. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:363-373 pubmed publisher..Although regulatory mechanisms of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L), a well-known splicing regulatory protein, have been studied in a substantial level, ..
- Chaiyawat P, Chokchaichamnankit D, Lirdprapamongkol K, Srisomsap C, Svasti J, Champattanachai V. Alteration of O-GlcNAcylation affects serine phosphorylation and regulates gene expression and activity of pyruvate kinase M2 in colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:1933-42 pubmed publisher..proteins including serine hydroxymethyltransferase, cytokeratin-8, pyruvate kinase M2 (PKM2), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L, and lamin-B1, were reduced in siOGT cells compared to siScramble cells...
- Gaudreau M, Grapton D, Helness A, Vadnais C, Fraszczak J, Shooshtarizadeh P, et al. Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein L is required for the survival and functional integrity of murine hematopoietic stem cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27379 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the splice factor and RNA binding protein hnRNP L (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L) is required for hematopoiesis, since its genetic ablation in mice reduces almost all blood cell ..
- Sen A, Gurdziel K, Liu J, Qu W, Nuga O, Burl R, et al. Smooth, an hnRNP-L Homolog, Might Decrease Mitochondrial Metabolism by Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Isocitrate Dehydrogenase (Idh) and Other Metabolic Genes in the Sub-Acute Phase of Traumatic Brain Injury. Front Genet. 2017;8:175 pubmed publisher..The long introns are enriched in CA-rich motifs known to bind to Smooth (Sm), a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP-L) class of splicing factor, which has been shown to interact with the H3K36 histone ..
- Mondal S, Begum N, Hu W, Honjo T. Functional requirements of AID's higher order structures and their interaction with RNA-binding proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E1545-54 pubmed publisher..All of these AID/ribonucleoprotein associations are RNA-dependent. We propose that AID's structure-specific cofactor complex formations differentially contribute to its DNA-cleavage and recombination functions. ..
- Zhou X, Li Q, He J, Zhong L, Shu F, Xing R, et al. HnRNP-L promotes prostate cancer progression by enhancing cell cycling and inhibiting apoptosis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19342-19353 pubmed publisher..Thus HnRNP-L could potentially serve as a valuable molecular biomarker or therapeutic target in the treatment of Pca. ..
- Hwang B, Lim J, Hahm B, Jang S, Lee S. hnRNP L is required for the translation mediated by HCV IRES. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:584-8 pubmed publisher..These results strongly demonstrate the functional requirement of cellular hnRNP L for the HCV IRES activity. ..
- Majumder M, Yaman I, Gaccioli F, Zeenko V, Wang C, Caprara M, et al. The hnRNA-binding proteins hnRNP L and PTB are required for efficient translation of the Cat-1 arginine/lysine transporter mRNA during amino acid starvation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2899-912 pubmed publisher..It is shown here that polypyrimidine tract binding protein (PTB) and an hnRNA binding protein, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L), promote the efficient translation of Cat-1 mRNA during amino acid starvation...
- Bilbao D, Valcarcel J. Getting to the heart of a splicing enhancer. Nat Struct Biol. 2003;10:6-7 pubmed..Repeat length-dependent binding of hnRNP L to the repeats provides an intriguing link between splicing efficiency, nitric oxide synthesis and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Boulon S, Marmier Gourrier N, Pradet Balade B, Wurth L, Verheggen C, Jady B, et al. The Hsp90 chaperone controls the biogenesis of L7Ae RNPs through conserved machinery. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:579-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hsp90 may control the folding of these proteins during the formation of new RNPs. This suggests that Hsp90 functions as a master regulator of cell proliferation by allowing simultaneous control of cell signaling and cell growth. ..
- Skrisovska L, Allain F. Improved segmental isotope labeling methods for the NMR study of multidomain or large proteins: application to the RRMs of Npl3p and hnRNP L. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:151-64 pubmed..successfully to two different multidomain proteins containing RNA recognition motifs (RRMs), heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L and Npl3p...
- Hahm B, Cho O, Kim J, Kim Y, Kim J, Oh Y, et al. Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein interacts with HnRNP L. FEBS Lett. 1998;425:401-6 pubmed..b>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L) was identified as a PTB-binding protein...
- Gulesserian T, Engidawork E, Fountoulakis M, Lubec G. Decreased brain levels of Lupus La protein and increased U5 small ribonucleoprotein-specific 40 kDa protein in fetal Down syndrome. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2003;49:733-8 pubmed..Aberrant expression of these proteins points to the fact that dysregulation of the splicing and translation processes is apparent early in prenatal life, and may contribute to the defective growth and differentiation in Down syndrome. ..
- Shnyreva M, Schullery D, Suzuki H, Higaki Y, Bomsztyk K. Interaction of two multifunctional proteins. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K and Y-box-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15498-503 pubmed..Each protein was able to transactivate transcription from a polypyrimidine-rich promoter; however, this effect was reduced when K and YB-1 proteins were coexpressed suggesting a functional interaction between these two proteins. ..
- Goehe R, Shultz J, Murudkar C, Usanovic S, Lamour N, Massey D, et al. hnRNP L regulates the tumorigenic capacity of lung cancer xenografts in mice via caspase-9 pre-mRNA processing. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3923-39 pubmed publisher..b>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L) interacted with this ESS, and downregulation of hnRNP L expression induced an increase ..
- Gutiérrez Escolano A, Brito Z, del Angel R, Jiang X. Interaction of cellular proteins with the 5' end of Norwalk virus genomic RNA. J Virol. 2000;74:8558-62 pubmed..These protein-RNA interactions are likely to play a role in NV translation and/or replication. ..
- Kim J, Hahm B, Kim Y, Choi M, Jang S. Protein-protein interaction among hnRNPs shuttling between nucleus and cytoplasm. J Mol Biol. 2000;298:395-405 pubmed..Different combinations of the proteins of the second group may facilitate different biological processes in conjunction with other factors. ..
- Taguchi F, Kusaba H, Asai A, Iwamoto Y, Yano K, Nakano H, et al. hnRNP L enhances sensitivity of the cells to KW-2189. Int J Cancer. 2004;108:679-85 pubmed..hnRNP L is a factor that determines the sensitivities of cancer cells to the minor groove binder, and overexpression and differential intracellular localization of hnRNP L are involved in its function in lung cancer. ..
- Tong A, Nguyen J, Lynch K. Differential expression of CD45 isoforms is controlled by the combined activity of basal and inducible splicing-regulatory elements in each of the variable exons. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38297-304 pubmed..5 and 6 is homologous to that in exon 4 and, as in exon 4, binds specifically to the protein heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L. Together these studies reveal common themes in the regulation of the CD45 variable exons and ..
- Soderberg M, Raffalli Mathieu F, Lang M. Identification of a regulatory cis-element within the 3'-untranslated region of the murine inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) mRNA; interaction with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins I and L and role in the iNOS gene expression. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:434-42 pubmed..This appears to be particularly significant during extended inflammatory stimuli, resulting in sustained nitric oxide production. The critical event launching this process appears to be the degradation of hnRNPI. ..
- Ray P, Jia J, Yao P, Majumder M, Hatzoglou M, Fox P. A stress-responsive RNA switch regulates VEGFA expression. Nature. 2009;457:915-9 pubmed publisher..binding of proteins, namely, the IFN-gamma-activated inhibitor of translation complex and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (HNRNPL, also known as hnRNP L)...
- Rossbach O, Hung L, Schreiner S, Grishina I, Heiner M, Hui J, et al. Auto- and cross-regulation of the hnRNP L proteins by alternative splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1442-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that hnRNP L cross-regulates inclusion of an analogous poison exon in the hnRNP L-like pre-mRNA, which explains the reciprocal expression of the two closely related hnRNP L proteins. ..
- Soderberg M, Raffalli Mathieu F, Lang M. Inflammation modulates the interaction of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) I/polypyrimidine tract binding protein and hnRNP L with the 3'untranslated region of the murine inducible nitric-oxide synthase mRNA. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:423-31 pubmed..This suggests a novel function for the two previously described proteins as regulators of the iNOS gene. ..
- Heiner M, Hui J, Schreiner S, Hung L, Bindereif A. HnRNP L-mediated regulation of mammalian alternative splicing by interference with splice site recognition. RNA Biol. 2010;7:56-64 pubmed..In sum, our data provide new insights into the mechanisms of how hnRNP L-bound to intronic sites-regulates exon recognition. ..
- Sikora D, Greco Stewart V, Miron P, Pelchat M. The hepatitis delta virus RNA genome interacts with eEF1A1, p54(nrb), hnRNP-L, GAPDH and ASF/SF2. Virology. 2009;390:71-8 pubmed publisher..Our discovery that HDV RNA associates with RNA-processing pathways and translation machinery during its replication provides new insights into HDV biology and its pathogenicity...
- Pioli P, Rigby W. The von Hippel-Lindau protein interacts with heteronuclear ribonucleoprotein a2 and regulates its expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:40346-52 pubmed..Collectively, these data indicate that hnRNP A2 expression is regulated by pVHL in a manner that is dependent on elongin C interactions as well as functioning proteasomes. ..
- Griffith B, Walsh C, Szeszel Fedorowicz W, Timperman A, Salati L. Identification of hnRNPs K, L and A2/B1 as candidate proteins involved in the nutritional regulation of mRNA splicing. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:552-61 pubmed..The decrease in binding of these proteins during treatments that increase G6PD expression is consistent with a role for these proteins in the inhibition of G6PD mRNA splicing. ..
- Siapka S, Patrinou Georgoula M, Vlachoyiannopoulos P, Guialis A. Multiple specificities of autoantibodies against hnRNP A/B proteins in systemic rheumatic diseases and hnRNP L as an associated novel autoantigen. Autoimmunity. 2007;40:223-33 pubmed..Specific immunochemical features of the identified autoantibodies are presented and a possible mechanism of autoepitope spreading within protein components of hnRNP complexes is discussed. ..
- Hui J, Reither G, Bindereif A. Novel functional role of CA repeats and hnRNP L in RNA stability. RNA. 2003;9:931-6 pubmed..Based on the wide abundance of CA repetitive sequences in the human genome, this may represent a novel, generally important role of this abundant hnRNP protein. ..
- Costain W, Mishra R. PLG regulates hnRNP-L expression in the rat striatum and pre-frontal cortex: identification by ddPCR. Peptides. 2003;24:137-46 pubmed..The identification of altered expression of hnRNP-L following PLG treatment provides insight into the long-term effects of PLG and may provide insight into its molecular mechanism of action. ..
- Hamilton B, Nichols R, Tsukamoto H, Boado R, Pardridge W, Rigby W. hnRNP A2 and hnRNP L bind the 3'UTR of glucose transporter 1 mRNA and exist as a complex in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;261:646-51 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation demonstrated that hnRNP A2 and L exist as a complex in vivo. As a result of these and other studies, we conclude that hnRNP A2 and L associate in vivo and independently bind the 3'UTR of Glut1 mRNA. ..
- Park H, Yoon J, Choi M. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D/AUF1 interacts with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L. J Biosci. 2007;32:1263-72 pubmedb>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L) is one of the principal pre-mRNA-binding proteins found in human cells. The hnRNP L protein is fairly abundant...
- Hamilton B, Wang X, Collins J, Bloch D, Bergeron A, Henry B, et al. Separate cis-trans pathways post-transcriptionally regulate murine CD154 (CD40 ligand) expression: a novel function for CA repeats in the 3'-untranslated region. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25606-16 pubmed publisher..This activity was associated with poly(A) tail shortening and regulated by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L levels...
- Lee D, Lim M, Youn D, Jung S, Ahn Y, Tsujimoto Y, et al. hnRNP L binds to CA repeats in the 3'UTR of bcl-2 mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:583-7 pubmed publisher..However, the trans-acting factor for the CA element in bcl-2 mRNA remains unidentified. The heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP L), an intron splicing factor, has been reported to bind to CA repeats and CA clusters in ..
- Kuninger D, Izumi T, Papaconstantinou J, Mitra S. Human AP-endonuclease 1 and hnRNP-L interact with a nCaRE-like repressor element in the AP-endonuclease 1 promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:823-9 pubmed..protein complex which binds to the nCaRE-B2 of the hAPE1 gene contains APE1 itself and the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L (hnRNP-L)...
- Draper I, Tabaka M, Jackson F, Salomon R, Kopin A. The evolutionarily conserved RNA binding protein SMOOTH is essential for maintaining normal muscle function. Fly (Austin). 2009;3:235-46 pubmed..Our findings in Drosophila set the stage for investigating the role of the corresponding mammalian homolog, hnRNP L, in muscle function. ..
- Motta Mena L, Heyd F, Lynch K. Context-dependent regulatory mechanism of the splicing factor hnRNP L. Mol Cell. 2010;37:223-34 pubmed publisher..A model in which hnRNP L stabilizes snRNP binding can explain both effects in a manner determined by the inherent snRNP-substrate affinity. ..
- Shankarling G, Lynch K. Living or dying by RNA processing: caspase expression in NSCLC. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3798-801 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylated hnRNP L, in turn, promotes expression of the antiapoptotic form of caspase-9, thereby contributing to tumorigenesis. ..
- Cheli Y, Kunicki T. hnRNP L regulates differences in expression of mouse integrin alpha2beta1. Blood. 2006;107:4391-8 pubmed..Thus, decreased surface alpha2beta1 results from decreased Itga2 pre-mRNA splicing regulated by hnRNP L and depends on CA repeat length at a specific site in intron 1. ..
- Ghetti A, Pinol Roma S, Michael W, Morandi C, Dreyfuss G. hnRNP I, the polypyrimidine tract-binding protein: distinct nuclear localization and association with hnRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:3671-8 pubmed..Thus, the PTB is one of the major proteins that bind pre-mRNAs; it is bound to nuclease-hypersensitive regions of the hnRNA-protein complexes and shows a novel pattern of nuclear localization. ..