Genomes and Genes
rna binding proteins
Summary: Proteins that bind to RNA molecules. Included here are RIBONUCLEOPROTEINS and other proteins whose function is to bind specifically to RNA.
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Jinek M, Fabian M, Coyle S, Sonenberg N, Doudna J. Structural insights into the human GW182-PABC interaction in microRNA-mediated deadenylation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:238-40 pubmed publisher..Mutations at the complex interface impair mRNA deadenylation in mammalian cell extracts, suggesting that the GW182-PABC interaction contributes to microRNA-mediated gene silencing. ..
- Du H, Cline M, Osborne R, Tuttle D, Clark T, Donohue J, et al. Aberrant alternative splicing and extracellular matrix gene expression in mouse models of myotonic dystrophy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:187-93 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal unanticipated similarities between DM1 and other muscular dystrophies. ..
- Geuens T, de Winter V, Rajan N, Achsel T, Mateiu L, Almeida Souza L, et al. Mutant HSPB1 causes loss of translational repression by binding to PCBP1, an RNA binding protein with a possible role in neurodegenerative disease. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:5 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that HSPB1 can mediate translational repression through interaction with an RNA binding protein further supporting its role in neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Smith R, Moccia R, Seymour C, Mothersill C. Irradiation of rainbow trout at early life stages results in a proteomic legacy in adult gills. Part A; proteomic responses in the irradiated fish and in non-irradiated bystander fish. Environ Res. 2018;163:297-306 pubmed publisher..These bystander effect proteomic changes have been shown to be overwhelmingly anti-tumorigenic or protective of the fish gill. ..
- Leipheimer J, Bloom A, Baumstark T, Panepinto J. CNBP Homologues Gis2 and Znf9 Interact with a Putative G-Quadruplex-Forming 3' Untranslated Region, Altering Polysome Association and Stress Tolerance in Cryptococcus neoformans. mSphere. 2018;3: pubmed publisher..The presence of two CNBP homologues in C. neoformans suggests a diversification of function of these proteins, one of which appears to regulate sterol biosynthesis and fluconazole sensitivity. ..
- Raschi E, Chighizola C, Cesana L, Privitera D, Ingegnoli F, Mastaglio C, et al. Immune complexes containing scleroderma-specific autoantibodies induce a profibrotic and proinflammatory phenotype in skin fibroblasts. Arthritis Res Ther. 2018;20:187 pubmed publisher..These effects might be mediated by Toll-like receptors via the interaction with nucleic acid fragments embedded in SSc-ICs. ..
- Ganaie S, Chen A, Huang C, Xu P, Kleiboeker S, Du A, et al. RNA Binding Protein RBM38 Regulates Expression of the 11-Kilodalton Protein of Parvovirus B19, Which Facilitates Viral DNA Replication. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..The identification of this novel host-pathogen interaction will provide mechanistic insights into B19V replication and aid in finding new targets for anti-B19V therapeutics. ..
- Santos J, da Silva C, Balhesteros H, LourenÃ§o R, Marques M. CspC regulates the expression of the glyoxylate cycle genes at stationary phase in Caulobacter. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:638 pubmed publisherThe Cold Shock proteins are RNA binding proteins involved in various cellular processes, including adaptation to low temperature, nutritional stress, cell growth and stationary phase...
- Moujalled D, Grubman A, Acevedo K, Yang S, Ke Y, Moujalled D, et al. TDP-43 mutations causing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis are associated with altered expression of RNA-binding protein hnRNP K and affect the Nrf2 antioxidant pathway. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1732-1746 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that further exploration of the interplay between hnRNP K (or other hnRNPs) and Nrf2-mediated antioxidant signaling is warranted and may be an important driver for motor neuron degeneration in ALS. ..
- Zöllner S, Selvanathan S, Graham G, Commins R, Hong S, Moseley E, et al. Inhibition of the oncogenic fusion protein EWS-FLI1 causes G2-M cell cycle arrest and enhanced vincristine sensitivity in Ewing's sarcoma. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Thus, a combination of vincristine and YK-4-279 might be therapeutically effective in ES patients. ..
- Awuoche E, Weiss B, Mireji P, Vigneron A, Nyambega B, Murilla G, et al. Expression profiling of Trypanosoma congolense genes during development in the tsetse fly vector Glossina morsitans morsitans. Parasit Vectors. 2018;11:380 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the hypothetical protein TcIL3000_0_02370, is expressed on the entire surface of the trypanosomes inhabiting tsetse's proboscis. We discuss our results in terms of their relevance to disease transmission processes. ..
- Wang N, Yan D, Liu Y, Liu Y, Gu X, Sun J, et al. A HuR/TGF-?1 feedback circuit regulates airway remodeling in airway smooth muscle cells. Respir Res. 2016;17:117 pubmed..A HuR/TGF-?1 feedback circuit was established to regulate airway remodeling in vivo and in vitro and targeting this feedback has considerable potential for the intervention of asthma. ..
- Zhang L, Yang Z, Trottier J, Barbier O, Wang L. Long noncoding RNA MEG3 induces cholestatic liver injury by interaction with PTBP1 to facilitate shp mRNA decay. Hepatology. 2017;65:604-615 pubmed publisher..MEG3 causes cholestasis by serving as a guide RNA scaffold to recruit PTBP1 to destabilize Shp mRNA. SHP in turn represses CREB-mediated activation of MEG3 expression in a feedback-regulatory fashion. (Hepatology 2017;65:604-615). ..
- Zhang L, Li X, Shen Y, Lin X, Wu M. Transdifferentiation effects and related mechanisms of nerve growth factor and internal limiting membrane on Müller cells. Exp Eye Res. 2019;180:146-154 pubmed publisher..Additionally, ILM promoted Müller cells to enter the cell cycle and enhanced cell proliferation, since NGF+ILM promoted the proliferation of Müller cell more significantly than NGF alone. ..
- Graser S, Mentrup B, Schneider D, Klein Hitpass L, Jakob F, Hofmann C. Overexpression of tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase increases the expression of neurogenic differentiation markers in the human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line. Bone. 2015;79:150-61 pubmed publisher..Taking this rare disease as a model may also help to dissect TNAP's role in neurodegenerative diseases and even improve future treatment of common pathologies. ..
- Rosario R, Smith R, Adams I, Anderson R. RNA immunoprecipitation identifies novel targets of DAZL in human foetal ovary. Mol Hum Reprod. 2017;23:177-186 pubmed publisher..This study was supported by the UK Medical Research Council (grant no G1100357 to R.A.A. and an intramural MRC programme grant to I.R.A.). The authors declare no competing interests. ..
- Yan Y, Yang X, Liu Y, Shen Y, Tu W, Dong Q, et al. Copy number variation of functional RBMY1 is associated with sperm motility: an azoospermia factor-linked candidate for asthenozoospermia. Hum Reprod. 2017;32:1521-1531 pubmed publisher..This work was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 81370748 and 30971598). The authors have no conflicts of interest. ..
- Balinsky C, Schmeisser H, Wells A, Ganesan S, Jin T, Singh K, et al. IRAV (FLJ11286), an Interferon-Stimulated Gene with Antiviral Activity against Dengue Virus, Interacts with MOV10. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into a newly identified antiviral gene, as well as broadening our understanding of the innate immune response to dengue virus infection. ..
- Hu B, Yang Y, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Lu Z. POSTAR: a platform for exploring post-transcriptional regulation coordinated by RNA-binding proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:D104-D114 pubmed publisher..In summary, POSTAR represents an early effort to systematically annotate post-transcriptional regulatory maps and explore the putative roles of RBPs in human diseases. ..
- Chen Q, Hu G. Post-transcriptional regulation of the pluripotent state. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2017;46:15-23 pubmed publisher..pathways, transcriptional regulation, and epigenetic modifications, recent investigations showed that RNA binding proteins, RNA processing machineries, and regulatory RNA molecules also play essential roles...
- Nowotarski S, Shantz L. Cytoplasmic accumulation of the RNA-binding protein HuR stabilizes the ornithine decarboxylase transcript in a murine nonmelanoma skin cancer model. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31885-94 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support the hypothesis that HuR plays a causative role in ODC up-regulation during nonmelanoma skin cancer development by binding to and stabilizing the ODC transcript. ..
- Hong N, Li M, Yuan Y, Wang T, Yi M, Xu H, et al. Dnd Is a Critical Specifier of Primordial Germ Cells in the Medaka Fish. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:411-21 pubmed publisher..These findings offer insights into PGC specification and manipulation in medaka as a lower vertebrate model. ..
- Touat Todeschini L, Shichino Y, Dangin M, Thierry Mieg N, Gilquin B, Hiriart E, et al. Selective termination of lncRNA transcription promotes heterochromatin silencing and cell differentiation. EMBO J. 2017;36:2626-2641 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an important role for selective termination of lncRNA transcription in both euchromatic and heterochromatic lncRNA-based gene silencing processes. ..
- Yount J, Moltedo B, Yang Y, Charron G, Moran T, LOPEZ C, et al. Palmitoylome profiling reveals S-palmitoylation-dependent antiviral activity of IFITM3. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:610-4 pubmed publisher..The S-palmitoylation and clustering of IFITM3 will be important for elucidating its mechanism of action and for the design of antiviral therapeutics. ..
- Datta R, Chattopadhyay S. Changes in the proteome of pad2-1, a glutathione depleted Arabidopsis mutant, during Pseudomonas syringae infection. J Proteomics. 2015;126:82-93 pubmed publisher..Together, the present investigation reveals that the optimum GSH-level is essential for the efficient activation of plant defense signaling cascades thus conferring resistance to pathogen invasion. ..
- Jabeen B, Naqvi S, Mahmood T, Sultana T, Arif M, Khan F. Ectopic Expression of Plant RNA Chaperone Offering Multiple Stress Tolerance in E. coli. Mol Biotechnol. 2017;59:66-72 pubmed publisher..Our study supports the notion that the protective role of NtGR-RBP1 may contribute to growth and survival during diverse environmental stresses. ..
- Ogando D, Dahlquist K, Alizadeh M, Kunchithapautham K, Li J, Yu N, et al. Candidate genes for chromosomes 6 and 10 quantitative trait loci for age-related retinal degeneration in mice. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1004-18 pubmed..While Tnfaip3 was excluded as the QTG for the Chr 10 QTL, Dok1 and Htra2 remain good candidates for the Chr 6 QTL. Finally, the GO term analysis further supports the general hypothesis that oxidative stress is involved in ageRD. ..
- Brown J, Kinzig C, DeGregorio S, Steitz J. Methyltransferase-like protein 16 binds the 3'-terminal triple helix of MALAT1 long noncoding RNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:14013-14018 pubmed..RNA binding protein supports the formation of RNA triple helices inside cells and suggests the existence of a class of triple-stranded RNA binding proteins, which may enable the discovery of additional cellular RNA triple helices.
- Riback J, Katanski C, Kear Scott J, Pilipenko E, Rojek A, Sosnick T, et al. Stress-Triggered Phase Separation Is an Adaptive, Evolutionarily Tuned Response. Cell. 2017;168:1028-1040.e19 pubmed publisher..Poly(A)-binding protein thus acts as a physiological stress sensor, exploiting phase separation to precisely mark stress onset, a broadly generalizable mechanism. ..
- Murn J, Teplova M, Zarnack K, Shi Y, Patel D. Recognition of distinct RNA motifs by the clustered CCCH zinc fingers of neuronal protein Unkempt. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:16-23 pubmed publisher..Our study unravels a new mode of RNA sequence recognition by clusters of CCCH ZnFs that is critical for post-transcriptional control of neuronal morphology. ..
- Peng Y, Yuan J, Zhang Z, Chang X. Cytoplasmic poly(A)-binding protein 1 (PABPC1) interacts with the RNA-binding protein hnRNPLL and thereby regulates immunoglobulin secretion in plasma cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12285-12295 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study has revealed a mechanism that regulates immunoglobulin secretion in B cells via cooperation between a plasma cell-specific RBP (hnRNPLL) and a universally expressed RBP (PABPC1). ..
- Boutej H, Rahimian R, Thammisetty S, Béland L, Lalancette Hébert M, Kriz J. Diverging mRNA and Protein Networks in Activated Microglia Reveal SRSF3 Suppresses Translation of Highly Upregulated Innate Immune Transcripts. Cell Rep. 2017;21:3220-3233 pubmed publisher..This discovery suggests avenues for therapeutic modulation of innate immune response in resident microglia. ..
- Guang S, Bochner A, Burkhart K, Burton N, Pavelec D, Kennedy S. Small regulatory RNAs inhibit RNA polymerase II during the elongation phase of transcription. Nature. 2010;465:1097-101 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results establish a novel mode of RNAP II regulation: siRNA-directed recruitment of NRDE factors that inhibit RNAP II during the elongation phase of transcription. ..
- Borodavka A, Ault J, Stockley P, Tuma R. Evidence that avian reovirus σNS is an RNA chaperone: implications for genome segment assortment. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7044-57 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the ARV σNS acts as an RNA chaperone facilitating specific RNA-RNA interactions between genomic precursors during segment assortment and packaging. ..
- Feuerhahn S, Iglesias N, Panza A, Porro A, Lingner J. TERRA biogenesis, turnover and implications for function. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3812-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the current knowledge of TERRA structure, biogenesis and turnover. In addition, we discuss presumed roles of this RNA during replication of telomeric DNA, heterochromatin formation and the regulation of telomerase. ..
- Patial S, Blackshear P. Tristetraprolin as a Therapeutic Target in Inflammatory Disease. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2016;37:811-821 pubmed publisher..This endogenous anti-inflammatory protein could serve as the basis for novel approaches to therapy of similar conditions in humans. ..
- Sutherland J, Sobinoff A, Fraser B, Redgrove K, Siddall N, Koopman P, et al. RNA binding protein Musashi-2 regulates PIWIL1 and TBX1 in mouse spermatogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:3262-3273 pubmed publisher..This study provides key evidence to support a fundamental role for MSI2 in post-transcriptional regulation during male gamete development. ..
- Kawano S, Miyaji M, Ichiyasu S, Tsutsui K, Tsutsui K. Regulation of DNA Topoisomerase IIbeta through RNA-dependent association with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein U (hnRNP U). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26451-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the presence of SP120 was required for the stable expression of topo IIbeta in vivo. Thus, SP120 regulates the enzyme in dual ways. ..
- Nuss A, Heroven A, Dersch P. RNA Regulators: Formidable Modulators of Yersinia Virulence. Trends Microbiol. 2017;25:19-34 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the analysis of Yersinia riboregulators has not only uncovered crucial elements and regulatory mechanisms governing host-pathogen interactions, it also revealed exciting new venues for the design of novel anti-infectives. ..
- Giudice J, Xia Z, Li W, Cooper T. Neonatal cardiac dysfunction and transcriptome changes caused by the absence of Celf1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35550 pubmed publisher..Identification of direct Celf1 targets will advance our knowledge in the mechanisms behind developmental networks regulated by Celf1 and diseases where Celf1 is mis-regulated. ..
- Ota R, Morita S, Sato M, Shigenobu S, Hayashi M, Kobayashi S. Transcripts immunoprecipitated with Sxl protein in primordial germ cells of Drosophila embryos. Dev Growth Differ. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our results represent a first step toward elucidating the Sxl-dependent feminizing pathway in the germline...
- Chatterjee A, Cui Y, Chakrabarty P, Chatterjee A. Regulation of motility in Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora: quorum-sensing signal controls FlhDC, the global regulator of flagellar and exoprotein genes, by modulating the production of RsmA, an RNA-binding protein. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2010;23:1316-23 pubmed publisher..In the presence of AHL, regulatory effects of ExpR1/ExpR2 are neutralized, resulting in reduced levels of rsmA expression and enhanced motility. ..
- Xiao L, Rao J, Cao S, Liu L, Chung H, Zhang Y, et al. Long noncoding RNA SPRY4-IT1 regulates intestinal epithelial barrier function by modulating the expression levels of tight junction proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:617-26 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a novel role for SPRY4-IT1 in controlling the intestinal epithelial barrier and define a mechanism by which SPRY4-IT1 modulates TJ expression by altering the stability and translation of TJ mRNAs. ..
- Vlasova St Louis I, Bohjanen P. Feedback Regulation of Kinase Signaling Pathways by AREs and GREs. Cells. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, kinase signaling pathways are involved in feedback regulation, whereby kinases regulate RNA-binding proteins that subsequently regulate mRNA stability of ARE- or GRE-containing transcripts that encode components of KSP. ..
- Liu H, Li D, Liu S, Liu Z, Li M. Histochemical evidence of IGF2 mRNA-binding protein 2-mediated regulation of osteoclast function and adhesive ability. Histochem Cell Biol. 2018;149:343-351 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that IMP2 deficiency delayed bone remodeling by significantly inhibiting the activity of osteoclasts and impairing their adhesion. ..
- Antal M, Bordeau V, Douchin V, Felden B. A small bacterial RNA regulates a putative ABC transporter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7901-8 pubmed..We conclude that RydC regulates the yejABEF-encoded ABC permease at the mRNA level. This small RNA may contribute to optimal adaptation of some Enterobacteria to environmental conditions...
- Nakel K, Hartung S, Bonneau F, Eckmann C, Conti E. Four KH domains of the C. elegans Bicaudal-C ortholog GLD-3 form a globular structural platform. RNA. 2010;16:2058-67 pubmed publisher..Instead, the KH1 domain mediates the direct interaction with the poly(A)-polymerase GLD-2, pointing to a function of the KH region as a protein-protein interaction platform. ..
- Trask S, Taraporewala Z, Boehme K, Dermody T, Patton J. Dual selection mechanisms drive efficient single-gene reverse genetics for rotavirus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18652-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, application of a dual selection strategy to previously reported reverse genetics methods for RV may enhance the efficiency of recombinant virus recovery. ..
- Droll D, Archer S, Fenn K, Delhi P, Matthews K, Clayton C. The trypanosome Pumilio-domain protein PUF7 associates with a nuclear cyclophilin and is involved in ribosomal RNA maturation. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1156-62 pubmed publisher..We show here that epitope-tagged TbPUF7 is located in the nucleolus, and associated with a nuclear cyclophilin-like protein, TbNCP1. RNAi targeting PUF7 reduced trypanosome growth and inhibited two steps in ribosomal RNA processing. ..
- de Araújo P, Gorthi A, da Silva A, Tonapi S, Vo D, Burns S, et al. Musashi1 Impacts Radio-Resistance in Glioblastoma by Controlling DNA-Protein Kinase Catalytic Subunit. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:2271-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest a role for MSI1 in double-strand break repair and that its inhibition may enhance the effect of radiotherapy. ..
- Fei T. Targeting RNA binding protein in prostate cancer. Mol Cell Oncol. 2017;4:e1353855 pubmed publisher..We recently identified an RBP HNRNPL as a novel prostate cancer dependency via regulation of RNA splicing, suggesting the potential to target RBP or RBP-RNA interaction to treat cancer...
- Shurtleff M, Yao J, Qin Y, Nottingham R, Temoche Diaz M, Schekman R, et al. Broad role for YBX1 in defining the small noncoding RNA composition of exosomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E8987-E8995 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that EVs and exosomes could play a role in the purging and intercellular transfer of excess free RNAs, including full-length tRNAs and other small ncRNAs. ..
- Cassar P, Carpenedo R, Samavarchi Tehrani P, Olsen J, Park C, Chang W, et al. Integrative genomics positions MKRN1 as a novel ribonucleoprotein within the embryonic stem cell gene regulatory network. EMBO Rep. 2015;16:1334-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, our unbiased systems-level analyses support a role for the E3 ligase MKRN1 as a ribonucleoprotein within the ESC GRN. ..
- Fang T, Lv H, Wu F, Wang C, Li T, Lv G, et al. Musashi 2 contributes to the stemness and chemoresistance of liver cancer stem cells via LIN28A activation. Cancer Lett. 2017;384:50-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed that MSI2 and Lin28A might be used as potential therapeutic targets for eradicating liver CSCs. ..
- Pinarbasi E, Cagatay T, Fung H, Li Y, Chook Y, Thomas P. Active nuclear import and passive nuclear export are the primary determinants of TDP-43 localization. Sci Rep. 2018;8:7083 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest nuclear export of TDP-43 is predominantly driven by passive diffusion. ..
- Yudkin D, Lemskaya N, Grischenko I, Dolskiy A. [Chromatin changes caused by CGG repeat expansion in fmr1 gene]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015;49:205-11 pubmed..Repression transcription factors bind such chromatin and lead to disorder progression. In this review we discuss the mechanisms of heterochromatinization induced by CGG repeat expansion in the promoter region of fmr1 gene. ..
- Zhang J, Xu E, Ren C, Yang H, Zhang Y, Sun W, et al. Genetic Ablation of Rbm38 Promotes Lymphomagenesis in the Context of Mutant p53 by Downregulating PTEN. Cancer Res. 2018;78:1511-1521 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 78(6); 1511-21. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Muto M, Kamitani W, Sakai M, Hirano M, Kobayashi S, Kariwa H, et al. Identification and analysis of host proteins that interact with the 3'-untranslated region of tick-borne encephalitis virus genomic RNA. Virus Res. 2018;249:52-56 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of the roles of host proteins in the neurologic pathogenicity of TBEV is warranted. ..
- Ren C, Zhang J, Yan W, Zhang Y, Chen X. RNA-binding Protein PCBP2 Regulates p73 Expression and p73-dependent Antioxidant Defense. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9629-37 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that PCBP2 regulates p73 expression via mRNA stability and p73-dependent biological function in ROS production and cellular senescence. ..
- Meola N, Domanski M, Karadoulama E, Chen Y, Gentil C, Pultz D, et al. Identification of a Nuclear Exosome Decay Pathway for Processed Transcripts. Mol Cell. 2016;64:520-533 pubmed publisher..Importantly, ZFC3H1/PABPN1 and ZCCHC8/RBM7 contact hMTR4 in a mutually exclusive manner, revealing that the exosome targets nuclear transcripts of different maturation status by substituting its hMTR4-associating adaptors. ..
- Huichalaf C, Sakai K, Jin B, Jones K, Wang G, Schoser B, et al. Expansion of CUG RNA repeats causes stress and inhibition of translation in myotonic dystrophy 1 (DM1) cells. FASEB J. 2010;24:3706-19 pubmed publisher..The repression of protein translation by stress might contribute to the progressive muscle loss in DM1. ..
- Koltsova E, Grivennikov S. IMPlicating Mesenchymal Imp1 in Colitis-Associated Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2015;13:1452-4 pubmed publisher..In this issue, Hamilton and colleagues describe a fibroblast-specific role of the RNA binding protein Imp1 in suppression of intestinal inflammatory responses and development of colitis-associated cancer. ..
- Wood M, Hollis A, Severance A, Karrick M, Schisa J. RNAi Screen Identifies Novel Regulators of RNP Granules in the Caenorhabditis elegans Germ Line. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:2643-54 pubmed publisherComplexes of RNA and RNA binding proteins form large-scale supramolecular structures under many cellular contexts...
- Salz H, Erickson J. Sex determination in Drosophila: The view from the top. Fly (Austin). 2010;4:60-70 pubmed..This review describes recent advances in our understanding of Sxl regulation and function, highlighting work that challenges some of the textbook views about this classical (often cited, yet poorly understood) binary switch gene. ..
- Sammons M, Antons A, Bendjennat M, Udd B, Krahe R, Link A. ZNF9 activation of IRES-mediated translation of the human ODC mRNA is decreased in myotonic dystrophy type 2. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9301 pubmed publisher..These data identify ZNF9 as a regulator of cap-independent translation and indicate that ZNF9 activity may contribute mechanistically to the myotonic dystrophy type 2 phenotype. ..
- Grote M, Wolf E, Will C, Lemm I, Agafonov D, Schomburg A, et al. Molecular architecture of the human Prp19/CDC5L complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2105-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only elucidate the molecular organization of the hPrp19/CDC5L complex but also provide insights into potential protein-protein interactions at the core of the catalytically active spliceosome. ..
- Johnson M, Nagengast A, Salz H. PPS, a large multidomain protein, functions with sex-lethal to regulate alternative splicing in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000872 pubmed publisher..Loss of zygotic PPS function, however, is lethal to both sexes, indicating that its role may be of broad significance. ..
- Kaufmann I, White E, Azad A, Marguerat S, Bahler J, Proudfoot N. Transcriptional activation of the general amino acid permease gene per1 by the histone deacetylase Clr6 Is regulated by Oca2 kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3396-410 pubmed publisher..Loss of Cha4 or Ago1 causes aberrant induction of per1 under noninducing conditions, suggesting that these proteins are also involved in per1 regulation and hence in nitrogen utilization. ..
- Coffee R, Tessier C, Woodruff E, Broadie K. Fragile X mental retardation protein has a unique, evolutionarily conserved neuronal function not shared with FXR1P or FXR2P. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:471-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FMR1 has a neural-specific function that is distinct from its paralogs, and that the unique FMR1 function is responsible for regulating neuronal protein expression and synaptic connectivity...
- Newby R, Rowe D, Paterson L, Farquharson M, MacDuff E, Coupe A, et al. Cryptic EWSR1-FLI1 fusions in Ewing sarcoma: potential pitfalls in the diagnostic use of fluorescence in situ hybridization probes. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;200:60-4 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of cryptic EWSR1-FLI1 fusions mandates that RT-PCR should be performed, particularly in those cases in which the genetic findings are not in agreement with the histologic picture. ..
- de Longevialle A, Small I, Lurin C. Nuclearly encoded splicing factors implicated in RNA splicing in higher plant organelles. Mol Plant. 2010;3:691-705 pubmed publisher..These new proteins belong to a variety of different families of RNA binding proteins and provide new insights into ribonucleo-protein complexes and RNA splicing machineries in organelles...
- Fu T, Liu X, Li L, Su X. The structure of the hypothetical protein smu.1377c from Streptococcus mutans suggests a role in tRNA modification. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:771-5 pubmed publisher..25 A resolution. From structure analysis and comparison, it is shown that smu.1377c is a member of the Sua5_YciO_YrdC family and that it may play the same role as E. coli YrdC. ..
- Viswanathan S, Daley G. Lin28: A microRNA regulator with a macro role. Cell. 2010;140:445-9 pubmed publisher..This role for Lin28 has important implications for our mechanistic understanding of pluripotency, the timing of development, and oncogenesis. ..
- Rausin G, Tillemans V, Stankovic N, Hanikenne M, Motte P. Dynamic nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of an Arabidopsis SR splicing factor: role of the RNA-binding domains. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:273-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data suggest that CRM1 is a putative export receptor for mRNPs in plants. ..
- Lorsch J, Dever T. Molecular view of 43 S complex formation and start site selection in eukaryotic translation initiation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21203-7 pubmed publisher..A molecular model is emerging in which start codon recognition is linked to dynamic reorganization of factors on the ribosome and structural changes in the ribosome itself. ..
- Nicholson B, Wu B, Chevtchenko I, White K. Tombusvirus recruitment of host translational machinery via the 3' UTR. RNA. 2010;16:1402-19 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the virus-host interplay defined in this study provides insights into natural host resistance mechanisms that have been linked to 3'CITE activity. ..
- Wen W, Stevenson A, Wang C, Chen H, Kearsey S, Norbury C, et al. Vgl1, a multi-KH domain protein, is a novel component of the fission yeast stress granules required for cell survival under thermal stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:6555-66 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations demonstrated in S. pombe the presence of RNA granules with similar composition as mammalian stress granules and identified Vgl1 as a novel component that required for cell survival under thermal stress. ..
- Jaendling A, McFarlane R. Biological roles of translin and translin-associated factor-X: RNA metabolism comes to the fore. Biochem J. 2010;429:225-34 pubmed publisher..In the present review we discuss the biological and the biochemical properties of these proteins that indicate that they play a central and important role in eukaryotic cell biology. ..
- Ward A, Rimer M, Killian J, Dowling J, Cooper T. CUGBP1 overexpression in mouse skeletal muscle reproduces features of myotonic dystrophy type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3614-22 pubmed publisher..Adult mouse skeletal muscle overexpressing CUGBP1 reproduces molecular and physiological defects of DM1 tissue. The results from this study strongly suggest that CUGBP1 has a major role in DM1 skeletal muscle pathogenesis...