Genomes and Genes
janus kinase 2
Summary: A Janus kinase subtype that is involved in signaling from GROWTH HORMONE RECEPTORS; PROLACTIN RECEPTORS; and a variety of CYTOKINE RECEPTORS such as ERYTHROPOIETIN RECEPTORS and INTERLEUKIN RECEPTORS. Dysregulation of Janus kinase 2 due to GENETIC TRANSLOCATIONS have been associated with a variety of MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS.
- Singh S, Chouhan S, Mohammad N, Bhat M. Resistin causes G1 arrest in colon cancer cells through upregulation of SOCS3. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1371-1382 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we observe that resistin-exposed cells survive 5-fluorouracil treatment because of a decrease in drug uptake due to the arrest of cells in G1 phase. ..
- Lv K, Jiang J, Donaghy R, Riling C, Cheng Y, Chandra V, et al. CBL family E3 ubiquitin ligases control JAK2 ubiquitination and stability in hematopoietic stem cells and myeloid malignancies. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1007-1023 pubmed publisherb>Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) is a central kinase in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HSPCs), and its uncontrolled activation is a prominent oncogenic driver of hematopoietic neoplasms...
- Guo B, Allcock R, Mirzai B, Malherbe J, Choudry F, Frontini M, et al. Megakaryocytes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Have Unique Somatic Mutations. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1512-1522 pubmed publisher..These findings show that genomic abnormalities are present in megakaryocytes in MPNs and that these appear to be associated with progression to bone marrow fibrosis. ..
- Tada S, Okuno T, Hitoshi Y, Yasui T, Honorat J, Takata K, et al. Partial suppression of M1 microglia by Janus kinase 2 inhibitor does not protect against neurodegeneration in animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neuroinflammation. 2014;11:179 pubmed publisher..b>Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), one of the key molecules in inflammation, transduces signals downstream of various inflammatory ..
- Zhang S, Fukuda S, Lee Y, Hangoc G, Cooper S, Spolski R, et al. Essential role of signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)5a but not Stat5b for Flt3-dependent signaling. J Exp Med. 2000;192:719-28 pubmed..Thus, Stat5a is essential for at least certain effects of FL. Moreover, our data confirm that Stat5a and Stat5b are not redundant, but rather are at least partially distinctive in their function. ..
- Shimizu D, Inokawa Y, Sonohara F, Inaoka K, Nomoto S. Search for useful biomarkers in hepatocellular carcinoma, tumor factors and background liver factors (Review). Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2527-2542 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we review the currently identified tumor factors and background liver factors from a molecular biological viewpoint and also introduce our combination array analysis. ..
- Cai H, Yao Z, Li W. IRF-5 accelerates leukocyte adhesion to endothelial cells in ischemia-reperfusion injury through regulating the transcription of VCAM-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:192-198 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identify IRF-5 as a new regulator and thus a therapeutic target in IRI-driven cardiovascular pathologies. ..
- Kim E, Cheng Y, Bolton Gillespie E, Cai X, Ma C, Tarangelo A, et al. Rb family proteins enforce the homeostasis of quiescent hematopoietic stem cells by repressing Socs3 expression. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1901-1912 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Rb proteins act as a central hub of quiescence and homeostasis by coordinating the regulation of both cell cycle and Jak2 signaling in HSCs. ..
- Meyer S. Mechanisms of Resistance to JAK2 Inhibitors in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2017;31:627-642 pubmed publisher..Alternative targeting of JAK2 by HSP90 inhibitors or type II JAK2 inhibition overcomes resistance to current JAK2 inhibitors. Additional combined therapy approaches are currently being evaluated. ..
- Sheikholeslami A, Nabiuni M, Arefian E. Suppressing the molecular signaling pathways involved in inflammation and cancer in breast cancer cell lines MDA-MB-231 and MCF-7 by miR-590. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697570 pubmed publisher..Apparently, some microRNAs can be good candidates for novel treatments of cancer. Although miR-590 showed good results in this study, further studies are required to investigate the role of miR-590 in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Barosi G, Massa M, Campanelli R, Fois G, Catarsi P, Viarengo G, et al. Primary myelofibrosis: Older age and high JAK2V617F allele burden are associated with elevated plasma high-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels and a phenotype of progressive disease. Leuk Res. 2017;60:18-23 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that older age and high JAK2V617 allele burden are major determinants of inflammation in PMF, and are associated with disease progression. ..
- Lamere S, Thompson R, Meng X, Komori H, Mark A, Salomon D. H3K27 Methylation Dynamics during CD4 T Cell Activation: Regulation of JAK/STAT and IL12RB2 Expression by JMJD3. J Immunol. 2017;199:3158-3175 pubmed publisher..Our results show that H3K27me3 is a dynamic and important epigenetic modification during CD4 T cell activation and that JMJD3-driven H3K27 demethylation is critical for CD4 T cell function. ..
- Bose P, Verstovsek S. JAK2 inhibitors for myeloproliferative neoplasms: what is next?. Blood. 2017;130:115-125 pubmed publisher..Ruxolitinib is in late-phase clinical trials in essential thrombocythemia, in which it could fill an important void for patients with troublesome symptoms. ..
- Alghamdi T, Majumder S, Thieme K, Batchu S, White K, Liu Y, et al. Janus Kinase 2 Regulates Transcription Factor EB Expression and Autophagy Completion in Glomerular Podocytes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2641-2653 pubmed publisherThe nonreceptor kinase Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) has garnered attention as a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of CKD...
- Borriello L, Nakata R, Sheard M, Fernandez G, Sposto R, Malvar J, et al. Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Share Characteristics and Protumorigenic Activity with Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5142-5157 pubmed publisher..These data point to a new type of protumorigenic CAF in the tumor microenvironment of neuroblastoma and to STAT3 and ERK1/2 as mediators of their activity. Cancer Res; 77(18); 5142-57. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Alshaker H, Krell J, Frampton A, Waxman J, Blyuss O, Zaikin A, et al. Leptin induces upregulation of sphingosine kinase 1 in oestrogen receptor-negative breast cancer via Src family kinase-mediated, janus kinase 2-independent pathway. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:426 pubmed publisher..and Src family kinase (SFK) pathways, but not by the major pathways downstream of leptin receptor (LEPR) - janus kinase 2 (JAK2) and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3)...
- Finazzi M, Lussana F, Salmoiraghi S, Spinelli O, Rambaldi A. Detection of driver and subclonal mutations in myelofibrosis: clinical impact on pharmacologic and transplant based treatment strategies. Expert Rev Hematol. 2017;10:627-636 pubmed publisher..Prospective clinical studies are needed to validate the use of this molecular data in the routine clinical practice. ..
- Fang X, Hong Y, Dai L, Qian Y, Zhu C, Wu B, et al. CRH promotes human colon cancer cell proliferation via IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway and VEGF-induced tumor angiogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2434-2445 pubmed publisher..The CRH-induced IL-6 promoted phosphorylation of janus kinase 2 (JAK2) and signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 (STAT3)...
- Maekawa T, Osawa Y, Izumi T, Nagao S, Takano K, Okada Y, et al. Myeloproliferative leukemia protein activation directly induces fibrocyte differentiation to cause myelofibrosis. Leukemia. 2017;31:2709-2716 pubmed publisher..Our findings confirmed a link between fibrocytes and the TPO/MPL signaling pathway, which could result in a greater understanding of the pathogenesis of MF and lead to the development of novel therapeutic interventions. ..
- Yamaji T, Shide K, Kameda T, Sekine M, Kamiunten A, Hidaka T, et al. Loss of Tyrosine Kinase 2 Does Not Affect the Severity of Jak2V617F-induced Murine Myeloproliferative Neoplasm. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3841-3847 pubmedIn myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN), Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) is activated by mutations including JAK2V617F (JAK2VF). It is unclear whether JAK kinases [i.e...
- Chan C, Munusamy P, Loke S, Koh G, Wong E, Law H, et al. Identification of Novel Breast Cancer Risk Loci. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5428-5437 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(19); 5428-37. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Murakami K, Kobayashi Y, Uehara S, Suzuki T, Koide M, Yamashita T, et al. A Jak1/2 inhibitor, baricitinib, inhibits osteoclastogenesis by suppressing RANKL expression in osteoblasts in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181126 pubmed publisher..Hence, Jak1 and Jak2 represent novel therapeutic targets for osteoporosis as well as inflammatory bone diseases including rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Amemiya A, Ito Y, Ishibashi Y, Saito Y, Katagiri S, Suguro T, et al. BCR-ABL1-positive chronic myeloid leukemia emerging in a patient with secondary myelofibrosis harboring the JAK2-V617F mutation. Rinsho Ketsueki. 2017;58:298-302 pubmed publisher..Five months later, the size of her spleen was reduced. We speculated that translocation of BCR-ABL1 might have occurred in a sub-clone of the JAK2-V617F mutated tumor clone. ..
- Yao Xia L, Jing Yan C, Xia Lian T, Ping C, Min Z. The 20kDa and 22kDa forms of human growth hormone (hGH) exhibit different intracellular signalling profiles and properties. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;248:49-54 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that both 22K-GH and 20K-GH can activate Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) and signal transducers and activators of transcription 1, 3 and 5 (STATs 1/3/5)...
- Andersen M, Sajid Z, Pedersen R, Gudmand Hoeyer J, Ellervik C, Skov V, et al. Mathematical modelling as a proof of concept for MPNs as a human inflammation model for cancer development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183620 pubmed publisher..Our findings support intervention at the earliest stage of cancer development to target the malignant clone and dampen concomitant inflammation. ..
- Badbaran A, Fehse B, Christopeit M, Aranyossy T, Ayuk F, Wolschke C, et al. Digital-PCR assay for screening and quantitative monitoring of calreticulin (CALR) type-2 positive patients with myelofibrosis following allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2016;51:872-3 pubmed publisher
- Dunbar A, Nazir A, Levine R. Overview of Transgenic Mouse Models of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs). Curr Protoc Pharmacol. 2017;77:14.40.1-14.40.19 pubmed publisher..2017 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ..
- Xu Y, Jin J, Xu J, Shao Y, Fan Y. JAK2 variations and functions in lung adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317711140 pubmed publisher..Thus, the up-regulation, mutation and amplification of JAK2 detected in lung adenocarcinoma may participate in lung cancer progression by regulating cancer cells' proliferation, migration and invasion. ..
- Bose P, Abou Zahr A, Verstovsek S. Investigational Janus kinase inhibitors in development for myelofibrosis. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:723-734 pubmed publisherSince the discovery of the activating V617F mutation in Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), a number of pharmacologic inhibitors of JAK2 have entered clinical trials for patients with myelofibrosis...
- Forero Castro M, Robledo C, Benito R, Bodega Mayor I, Rapado I, Hernández Sánchez M, et al. Mutations in TP53 and JAK2 are independent prognostic biomarkers in B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:256-265 pubmed publisher..9; P=0.027 and JAK2mut: HR=5.6; P=0.036). TP53mut and JAK2mut are potential biomarkers associated with poor prognosis in B-ALL patients. ..
- Sawada T, Arai D, Jing X, Miyajima M, Frank S, Sakaguchi K. Molecular interactions of EphA4, growth hormone receptor, Janus kinase 2, and signal transducer and activator of transcription 5B. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180785 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we report the molecular interactions of EphA4, GH receptor (GHR), Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), and signal transducer and activator of transcription 5B (STAT5B)...
- Chang Y, Lin H, Chiang Y, Chen C, Huang L, Wang W, et al. Targeted next-generation sequencing identified novel mutations in triple-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. Med Oncol. 2017;34:83 pubmed publisher..In addition, germline mutations were also found in some cancer-related genes. Copy number changes were rare in this cohort of TN MPNs. In conclusion, both somatic and germline mutations can be detected in TN MPN patients. ..
- Khajondetchairit P, Phuangsawai O, Suphakun P, Rattanabunyong S, Choowongkomon K, Gleeson M. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of the anticancer activity of 2-amino-aryl-7-aryl-benzoxazole compounds. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2017;90:987-994 pubmed publisher..A subset of compounds assayed at this target showed IC50 s ranging from 10 to 0.08 ?m; however, no clear correlation between JAK2 potency and A549 cytotoxicity was observed. ..
- Kim A, Ulirsch J, Wilmes S, Unal E, Moraga I, Karakukcu M, et al. Functional Selectivity in Cytokine Signaling Revealed Through a Pathogenic EPO Mutation. Cell. 2017;168:1053-1064.e15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have defined a distinct treatable form of anemia through mutation identification and functional studies. ..
- Li Y, Zhang X, Cui L, Chen R, Zhang Y, Zhang C, et al. Salvianolic acids enhance cerebral angiogenesis and neurological recovery by activating JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway after ischemic stroke in mice. J Neurochem. 2017;143:87-99 pubmed publisher..Previous studies of our laboratory have demonstrated that activating Janus kinase 2/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (JAK2/STAT3) signaling pathway is involved in the ..
- Lorenzon L, Cippitelli C, Avantifiori R, Uccini S, French D, Torrisi M, et al. Down-regulated miRs specifically correlate with non-cardial gastric cancers and Lauren's classification system. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:184-194 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, standard pathological features display as the independent variables associated with worse prognosis. ..
- Xia X, Xiao C, Shan H. Facilitation of liver cancer SMCC7721 cell aging by sirtuin 4 via inhibiting JAK2/STAT3 signal pathway. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1248-1253 pubmed..Aging-related proteins P53 and P16 were quantified in Western blot, which also examined activation of Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) signal pathway...
- Alvarez Larran A, Senín A, Fernández Rodríguez C, Pereira A, Arellano Rodrigo E, Gómez M, et al. Impact of genotype on leukaemic transformation in polycythaemia vera and essential thrombocythaemia. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:764-771 pubmed publisher..95 days, P = 0·003). In conclusion, CALR genotype is associated with a lower risk of leukaemic transformation. Leukaemia arising in a JAK2 V617F-negative clone is TP53 independent and shows better survival. ..
- Vannucchi A, Verstovsek S, Guglielmelli P, Griesshammer M, Burn T, Naim A, et al. Ruxolitinib reduces JAK2 p.V617F allele burden in patients with polycythemia vera enrolled in the RESPONSE study. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1113-1120 pubmed publisher..V617F allele burden in patients with PV who are resistant to or intolerant of hydroxyurea. The relationship between allele burden changes and clinical outcomes in patients with PV remains unclear. ..
- Zheng L, Chen J, Zhou Z, He Z. Knockdown of long non-coding RNA HOXD-AS1 inhibits gastric cancer cell growth via inactivating the JAK2/STAT3 pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705335 pubmed publisher..Cell viability, colony formation capacity, and phosphorylation of Janus kinase 2 and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in treated SGC-7901 and BGC-823 cells were detected by ..
- Choe J, Park K, Park S, Lee S, Kim S. Regulatory effect of calcineurin inhibitor, tacrolimus, on IL-6/sIL-6R-mediated RANKL expression through JAK2-STAT3-SOCS3 signaling pathway in fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R26 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that tacrolimus might affect the RANKL expression in IL-6 stimulated FLS through STAT3 suppression, together with up-regulation of SOCS3. ..
- Wang A, Zhang F, Xu H, Xu M, Cao Y, Wang C, et al. TWEAK/Fn14 promotes pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion in hepatic stellate cells via NF-?B/STAT3 pathways. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:67-75 pubmed publisher..Total and phosphorylated of inhibitor-?B (I-?B), nuclear factor kappa B (NF-?B), Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), and signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 (STAT3) were examined by western blotting ..