Genomes and Genes
Summary: Proteins involved in the assembly and disassembly of HISTONES into NUCLEOSOMES.
- McDaniel S, Strahl B. Shaping the cellular landscape with Set2/SETD2 methylation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:3317-3334 pubmed publisher..3, have recently been found to underlie cancer development. This review will summarize the latest insights into the functions of Set2/SETD2 in genome regulation and cancer development. ..
- Li Y, Jiao J. Histone chaperone HIRA regulates neural progenitor cell proliferation and neurogenesis via Î²-catenin. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1975-1992 pubmed publisher..This finding represents a novel epigenetic mechanism underlying the histone code and has profound and lasting implications for diseases and neurobiology. ..
- Hung M, Chen K. Reprogramming the oncogenic response: SET protein as a potential therapeutic target in cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:685-694 pubmed publisher..However, more studies are required to clarify the best strategy to combine SET antagonists with other anti-cancer treatments and to explore possible biomarkers that predict responsiveness. ..
- Warren C, Shechter D. Fly Fishing for Histones: Catch and Release by Histone Chaperone Intrinsically Disordered Regions and Acidic Stretches. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:2401-2426 pubmed publisher..b>Histone chaperones are a non-catalytic group of proteins that are central to the processes of nucleosome assembly and ..
- Gómez Herreros F, Margaritis T, Rodríguez Galán O, Pelechano V, Begley V, Millán Zambrano G, et al. The ribosome assembly gene network is controlled by the feedback regulation of transcription elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9302-9318 pubmed publisher..On the whole, this work uncovers a feedback control of ribosome biogenesis by fine-tuning transcription elongation in ribosome assembly factor-coding genes. ..