Genomes and Genes
hsp20 heat shock proteins
Summary: A subfamily of small heat-shock proteins that are closely related to ALPHA B-CRYSTALLIN. Hsp20 heat-shock proteins can undergo PHOSPHORYLATION by CYCLIC GMP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES.
- Ward B, Seal B, Brophy C, Panitch A. Design of a bioactive cell-penetrating peptide: when a transduction domain does more than transduce. J Pept Sci. 2009;15:668-74 pubmed publisher..The results reported herein have wide implications for delivering therapeutics with CPPs and indicate that judicious choice of CPP is crucial to the ultimate therapeutic success. ..
- Kouguchi H, Matsumoto J, Katoh Y, Suzuki T, Oku Y, Yagi K. Echinococcus multilocularis: two-dimensional Western blotting method for the identification and expression analysis of immunogenic proteins in infected dogs. Exp Parasitol. 2010;124:238-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, recombinant hsp20 showed specific reactivity to the sera from infected dogs, suggesting that this molecule may facilitate the development of a practical vaccine. ..
- Niwa M, Hara A, Taguchi A, Aoki H, Kozawa O, Mori H. Spatiotemporal expression of Hsp20 and its phosphorylation in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons after transient forebrain ischemia. Neurol Res. 2009;31:721-7 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of Hsp20 might contribute to the subacute phase but not to an acute phase. ..
- Cóceres V, Becher M, De Napoli M, Corvi M, Clemente M, Angel S. Evaluation of the antigenic value of recombinant Toxoplasma gondii HSP20 to detect specific immunoglobulin G antibodies in Toxoplasma infected humans. Exp Parasitol. 2010;126:263-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that T. gondii HSP20 elicits an important B-cell response during human infection, and could be suitable for the development of serodiagnosis tools. ..
- Seit Nebi A, Gusev N. Versatility of the small heat shock protein HSPB6 (Hsp20). Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:233-6 pubmed publisher..All of these processes are dependent on HSPB6 phosphorylation which in turn might be regulated by the formation of heterooligomeric complexes of HSPB6 with other small heat shock proteins. ..
- Axsen W, Styer C, Solnick J. Inhibition of heat shock protein expression by Helicobacter pylori. Microb Pathog. 2009;47:231-6 pubmed publisher..Typhimurium up-regulated HSP expression. Since HSPs are thought to function as danger signals during microbial infection, H. pylori down-regulation of HSPs may be a mechanism of immune evasion that promotes chronic infection. ..
- Dreiza C, Komalavilas P, Furnish E, Flynn C, Sheller M, Smoke C, et al. The small heat shock protein, HSPB6, in muscle function and disease. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:1-11 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the physiologic and biochemical properties of HSPB6 in smooth, cardiac, and skeletal muscle; the putative mechanisms of action; and therapeutic implications. ..
- Wang X, Zingarelli B, O Connor M, Zhang P, Adeyemo A, Kranias E, et al. Overexpression of Hsp20 prevents endotoxin-induced myocardial dysfunction and apoptosis via inhibition of NF-kappaB activation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:382-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the increases in Hsp20 levels can protect against LPS-induced cardiac apoptosis and dysfunction, associated with inhibition of NF-kappaB activity, suggesting that Hsp20 may be a new therapeutic agent for the treatment of sepsis. ..
- Koga Y, Pelizzola M, Cheng E, Krauthammer M, Sznol M, Ariyan S, et al. Genome-wide screen of promoter methylation identifies novel markers in melanoma. Genome Res. 2009;19:1462-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study represents the first unbiased systematic effort to determine methylation markers in melanoma and revealed several novel genes regulated by promoter methylation that were not described in cancer cells before. ..
- Sanbe A, Daicho T, Mizutani R, Endo T, Miyauchi N, Yamauchi J, et al. Protective effect of geranylgeranylacetone via enhancement of HSPB8 induction in desmin-related cardiomyopathy. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5351 pubmed publisher..Expression of small HSPs such as HSPB8 and HSPB1 by GGA may be a new therapeutic strategy for patients with DRM. ..
- Ren X, Wu J, Wang X, Sartor M, Jones K, Qian J, et al. MicroRNA-320 is involved in the regulation of cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury by targeting heat-shock protein 20. Circulation. 2009;119:2357-2366 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that miR-320 is involved in the regulation of I/R-induced cardiac injury and dysfunction via antithetical regulation of Hsp20. Thus, miR-320 may constitute a new therapeutic target for ischemic heart diseases. ..
- Ouyang Y, Chen J, Xie W, Wang L, Zhang Q. Comprehensive sequence and expression profile analysis of Hsp20 gene family in rice. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:341-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the expression patterns of the OsHsp20 genes are diversified not only in developmental stages but also in variety level. ..
- Flynn C, Smoke C, Furnish E, Komalavilas P, Thresher J, Yi Z, et al. Phosphorylation and activation of a transducible recombinant form of human HSP20 in Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;52:50-8 pubmed..These results delineate strategies for the expression and activation of therapeutic molecules for intracellular protein based therapeutics. ..
- Leong P, Chen N, Chiu P, Leung H, Ma C, Tang Q, et al. Long-term treatment with shengmai san-derived herbal supplement (Wei Kang Su) enhances antioxidant response in various tissues of rats with protection against carbon tetrachloride hepatotoxicity. J Med Food. 2010;13:427-38 pubmed publisher..Long-term WKS treatment may prevent diseases by enhancing the resistance of mitochondria to oxidative stress. ..
- Somara S, Gilmont R, Varadarajan S, Bitar K. Phosphorylated HSP20 modulates the association of thin-filament binding proteins: caldesmon with tropomyosin in colonic smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;299:G1164-76 pubmed publisher..We thus propose the crucial physiological relevance of molecular signaling switch (phosphorylation state of HSP27 and HSP20), which dictates 1) the phosphorylation states of TM and CaD and 2) their dissociations from each other. ..