Genomes and Genes
hsp110 heat shock proteins
Summary: A group of eukaryotic high-molecular mass heat-shock proteins that represent a subfamily of HSP70 HEAT-SHOCK PROTEINS. Hsp110 proteins prevent protein aggregation and can maintain denatured proteins in folding-competent states.
- Li C, Liu D, Yuan Y, Huang S, Shi M, Tao K, et al. Overexpression of Apg-2 increases cell proliferation and protects from oxidative damage in BaF3-BCR/ABL cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:899-904 pubmed
- Lu X, Kakkar V. The role of heat shock protein (HSP) in atherosclerosis: Pathophysiology and clinical opportunities. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:957-73 pubmed..The role of these HSPs, their protective vs. immunogenic properties with special emphasis on their potential as targets to develop therapeutic agent against atherosclerosis will be discussed. ..
- Yamagishi N, Fujii H, Saito Y, Hatayama T. Hsp105beta upregulates hsp70 gene expression through signal transducer and activator of transcription-3. FEBS J. 2009;276:5870-80 pubmed publisher..This may represent the mechanism that connects the heat shock protein and STAT families for cell defense against deleterious stress. ..
- Burcham P, Raso A, Thompson C. Intermediate filament carbonylation during acute acrolein toxicity in A549 lung cells: functional consequences, chaperone redistribution, and protection by bisulfite. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:337-47 pubmed publisher..These novel observations identify intermediate filaments as key targets for the reactive smoke constituent acrolein. ..
- Zhang S, Binari R, Zhou R, Perrimon N. A genomewide RNA interference screen for modifiers of aggregates formation by mutant Huntingtin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2010;184:1165-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, other aggregates regulators isolated in our screen may identify additional genes involved in the protein-folding pathway and neurotoxicity. ..
- Ren F, Xu Y, Mao L, Ou R, Ding Z, Zhang X, et al. Heat shock protein 110 improves the antitumor effects of the cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitope E7(49-57) in mice. Cancer Biol Ther. 2010;9:134-41 pubmed
- Slaby O, Sobkova K, Svoboda M, Garajova I, Fabian P, Hrstka R, et al. Significant overexpression of Hsp110 gene during colorectal cancer progression. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:1235-41 pubmed..031) and negative trend of HSP110 gene expression and overall survival of CRC patients. We suggest that HSP110 gene is a promising molecular predictor in CRC. ..
- Yuan J, Xiao L, Lu C, Zhang X, Liu T, Chen M, et al. Increased expression of heat shock protein 105 in rat uterus of early pregnancy and its significance in embryo implantation. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009;7:23 pubmed publisher..Temporal and spatial changes in Hsp105 expression in pregnant rat uterus may play a physiological role in regulating embryo implantation. ..