Genomes and Genes
hsp70 heat shock proteins
Summary: A class of MOLECULAR CHAPERONES found in both prokaryotes and in several compartments of eukaryotic cells. These proteins can interact with polypeptides during a variety of assembly processes in such a way as to prevent the formation of nonfunctional structures.
- Liu M, Spellberg B, Phan Q, Fu Y, Fu Y, Lee A, et al. The endothelial cell receptor GRP78 is required for mucormycosis pathogenesis in diabetic mice. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1914-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a unique susceptibility of patients with DKA to mucormycosis and provide a foundation for the development of new therapeutic interventions for these deadly infections. ..
- Lochhead J, McCaffrey G, Quigley C, Finch J, Demarco K, Nametz N, et al. Oxidative stress increases blood-brain barrier permeability and induces alterations in occludin during hypoxia-reoxygenation. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1625-36 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that pharmacological inhibition of disease states with an HR component may help preserve BBB functional integrity. ..
- Horowitz M, Assadi H. Heat acclimation-mediated cross-tolerance in cardioprotection: do HSP70 and HIF-1alpha play a role?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1188:199-206 pubmed publisher..Hence, cross-tolerance is achieved via activation of "on-call" constitutive cytoprotection shared by all stressors, together with organ-specific functional remodeling and stress-specific cross-talk. ..
- Biermann J, Lagrèze W, Dimitriu C, Stoykow C, Goebel U. Preconditioning with inhalative carbon monoxide protects rat retinal ganglion cells from ischemia/reperfusion injury. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3784-91 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate whether CO posttreatment may represent a therapeutic option counteracting ischemic neuronal injury. ..
- Hatami Baroogh L, Razavi S, Zarkesh Esfahani H, Tavalaee M, Tanhaei S, Ghaedi K, et al. Evaluation of the leptin receptor in human spermatozoa. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2010;8:17 pubmed publisher..Species difference may be accounted for diverse reproductive physiology which depends on metabolic requirement. Leptin receptor expression at the mRNA level in some individuals may be related to contamination by other cells in semen. ..
- Taneva S, Moro F, Velazquez Campoy A, Muga A. Energetics of nucleotide-induced DnaK conformational states. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1338-45 pubmed publisher..1 kcal/mol. The conformational energy stored in the ATP-bound DnaK state, together with the free energy of ATP hydrolysis, can be used in remodeling bound substrates. ..
- Ayub H, Khan M, Micheal S, Akhtar F, Ajmal M, Shafique S, et al. Association of eNOS and HSP70 gene polymorphisms with glaucoma in Pakistani cohorts. Mol Vis. 2010;16:18-25 pubmed..001), OR=2.16 [95% CI=1.49-3.13, p<0.001]). The intron 4 polymorphism of eNOS is associated with POAG, as well as PCAG, while the G+190C polymorphism in HSP70 is associated with PCAG, but not with POAG in the Pakistani population. ..
- Yang B, Hosgood S, Harper S, Nicholson M. Leucocyte depletion improves renal function in porcine kidney hemoreperfusion through reduction of myeloperoxidase+ cells, caspase-3, IL-1?, and tubular apoptosis. J Surg Res. 2010;164:e315-24 pubmed publisher..Leucocyte depletion improved post-ischemic renal function and structure was mainly due to reduced infiltration of myeloperoxidase+ cells, which was associated with decreased apoptosis, caspase-3 activity and IL-1? activation. ..
- Jiang B, Zhang B, Liang P, Song J, Deng H, Tu Z, et al. Nucleolin/C23 mediates the antiapoptotic effect of heat shock protein 70 during oxidative stress. FEBS J. 2010;277:642-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data provide evidence that nucleolin/C23 is an essential downstream effecter of Hsp70 in the protection of cardiomyocytes against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Ghoshal S, Rao I, Earp J, Jusko W, Wetzler M. Down-regulation of heat shock protein 70 improves arsenic trioxide and 17-DMAG effects on constitutive signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activity. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010;66:681-9 pubmed publisher..These results further provide a basis for studying the combined role of ATO with a HSP90 inhibitor such as 17-DMAG in AML with constitutive STAT3 activity. ..
- Fiaux J, Horst J, Scior A, Preissler S, Koplin A, Bukau B, et al. Structural analysis of the ribosome-associated complex (RAC) reveals an unusual Hsp70/Hsp40 interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3227-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present a novel mechanism for converting Zuotin and Ssz chaperones into a functionally active dimer. ..
- Gibrat C, Bousquet M, Saint Pierre M, Levesque D, Calon F, Rouillard C, et al. Cystamine prevents MPTP-induced toxicity in young adult mice via the up-regulation of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2010;34:193-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results strengthen the neuroprotective potential of cystamine in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and point towards the up-regulation of BDNF as an important mechanism of action. ..
- Lavie L, Dyugovskaya L, Golan Shany O, Lavie P. Heat-shock protein 70: expression in monocytes of patients with sleep apnoea and association with oxidative stress and tumour necrosis factor-alpha. J Sleep Res. 2010;19:139-47 pubmed publisher..Correlations with oxidative stress and TNF-alpha further support this conclusion. ..
- Yeh C, Tseng R, Hannah A, Estrov Z, Estey E, Kantarjian H, et al. Clinical correlation of circulating heat shock protein 70 in acute leukemia. Leuk Res. 2010;34:605-9 pubmed publisher..04) and ALL (P=0.05), suggesting that in these two acute diseases, cHSP70 is an indicator for poor prognosis. Our data support the potential of using free cHSP70 as a biomarker in leukemias and potentially other types of cancers. ..
- Ishibashi K, Shimada K, Kawato T, Kaji S, Maeno M, Sato S, et al. Inhibitory effects of low-energy pulsed ultrasonic stimulation on cell surface protein antigen C through heat shock proteins GroEL and DnaK in Streptococcus mutans. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:751-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, low-energy pulsed ultrasound decreases bacterial adhesion by the inhibitory effect on the PAc protein and heat shock protein expression and may be useful as photodynamic antimicrobial chemotherapy in controlling dental plaque. ..
- Tranter M, Ren X, Forde T, Wilhide M, Chen J, Sartor M, et al. NF-kappaB driven cardioprotective gene programs; Hsp70.3 and cardioprotection after late ischemic preconditioning. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:664-72 pubmed publisher..The results of infarct studies confirm that Hsp70.3 is protective after IPC. However, though Hsp70.1 and Hsp70.3 are coordinately regulated, their functions are opposing after I/R injury. ..
- Richardson P, Chanan Khan A, Alsina M, Albitar M, Berman D, Messina M, et al. Tanespimycin monotherapy in relapsed multiple myeloma: results of a phase 1 dose-escalation study. Br J Haematol. 2010;150:438-45 pubmed publisher..Tanespimycin monotherapy was well tolerated and demonstrated activity across all doses tested. ..
- Liebscher M, Haupt K, Yu C, Jahreis G, Lücke C, Schiene Fischer C. Rational design of novel peptidic DnaK ligands. Chembiochem. 2010;11:1727-37 pubmed publisher..The subsequent blocking of DnaK function apparently results in the observed antibacterial effects on E. coli cells, with minimum inhibitory concentrations in the range of 100 microM. ..
- van De Sluis B, Groot A, Vermeulen J, van der Wall E, van Diest P, Wijmenga C, et al. COMMD1 Promotes pVHL and O2-Independent Proteolysis of HIF-1alpha via HSP90/70. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7332 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel role for COMMD1 in conjunction with HSP90beta/HSP70 in the ubiquitin and O(2)-independent regulation of HIF-1alpha. ..
- Galeati G, Vallorani C, Bucci D, Bernardini C, Tamanini C, Parmeggiani A, et al. Daidzein does affect progesterone secretion by pig cumulus cells but it does not impair oocytes IVM. Theriogenology. 2010;74:451-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to evaluate the possible effect of daidzein during embryonic development. ..
- Yang L, Zha J, Zhang X, Li W, Li Z, Wang Z. Alterations in mRNA expression of steroid receptors and heat shock proteins in the liver of rare minnow (Grobiocypris rarus) exposed to atrazine and p,p'-DDE. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:381-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results are consistent with the possibility that in fish heat shock proteins (HSPs) play chaperon roles for the steroid receptors in vivo, which also concurs with previous in vitro mammalian studies. ..
- Goswami A, Chittoor B, D Silva P. Understanding the functional interplay between mammalian mitochondrial Hsp70 chaperone machine components. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19472-82 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we highlight the biochemical defects of the mtHsp70 mutant (G489E) associated with a myelodysplastic syndrome. ..
- Effendi K, Sakamoto M. Molecular pathology in early hepatocarcinogenesis. Oncology. 2010;78:157-60 pubmed publisher..These findings give new insight into the mechanism of early hepatocarcinogenesis. Nevertheless, further analysis is still necessary to carefully evaluate the roles of these molecular pathology candidates in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Viiri J, Hyttinen J, Ryhanen T, Rilla K, Paimela T, Kuusisto E, et al. p62/sequestosome 1 as a regulator of proteasome inhibitor-induced autophagy in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1399-414 pubmed..Our findings open new avenues for understanding the mechanisms of proteolytic processes in retinal cells, and could be useful in the development of novel therapies targeting p62 and HSP70. ..
- Lanneau D, Wettstein G, Bonniaud P, Garrido C. Heat shock proteins: cell protection through protein triage. ScientificWorldJournal. 2010;10:1543-52 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will describe the different data that demonstrate a role for HSP90, HSP70, HSP27, and áB-crystallin in the partitioning of proteins to either one of these pathways, referred as protein triage. ..
- Colson Proch C, Morales A, Hervant F, Konecny L, Moulin C, Douady C. First cellular approach of the effects of global warming on groundwater organisms: a study of the HSP70 gene expression. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:259-70 pubmed publisher..This controlled laboratory-based physiological experiment constitutes a first step towards field investigations of the cellular consequences of global warming on subterranean organisms. ..
- Ran F, Gadura N, Michels C. Hsp90 cochaperone Aha1 is a negative regulator of the Saccharomyces MAL activator and acts early in the chaperone activation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13850-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an interaction between Aha1 and residues near the C terminus of Mal63 thereby regulating Hsp90 association. A novel mechanism for the negative regulation of the MAL activator by Aha1 cochaperone is proposed. ..
- Gourgou E, Aggeli I, Beis I, Gaitanaki C. Hyperthermia-induced Hsp70 and MT20 transcriptional upregulation are mediated by p38-MAPK and JNKs in Mytilus galloprovincialis (Lamarck); a pro-survival response. J Exp Biol. 2010;213:347-57 pubmed publisher..In particular, we provide evidence demonstrating the principal role of p38-MAPK and JNKs in transducing the stress signal via mobilization of specific transcription factors and the transcriptional upregulation of cytoprotective genes. ..
- Olexikova L, Makarevich A, Pivko J, Chrenek P. Antibody to Hsp70 alters response of rabbit preimplantation embryos to hyperthermia in vitro. Anim Reprod Sci. 2010;119:130-6 pubmed publisher..The resistance of pre-GA embryos to HT is related to Hsp70, whilst after GA, Hsp70 is probably not the only factor of thermotolerance and the existence of an additional protective mechanism(s) is hypothesized. ..
- Ming J, Xie J, Xu P, Liu W, Ge X, Liu B, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of two HSP70 genes in the Wuchang bream (Megalobrama amblycephala Yih). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:407-18 pubmed publisher..The cloning and expression analysis of the two HSP70s provide theoretical basis to further study the mechanism of anti-adverseness and expression characteristics under stress conditions of Wuchang bream. ..
- Friedrich L, Stangl S, Hahne H, Kuster B, KOHLER P, Multhoff G, et al. Bacterial production and functional characterization of the Fab fragment of the murine IgG1/lambda monoclonal antibody cmHsp70.1, a reagent for tumour diagnostics. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2010;23:161-8 pubmed publisher..Notably, the Fab fragment sensitively recognizes the membrane-associated Hsp70 on tumour cell lines both in immunofluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry, thus showing potential for tumour detection in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Tomita M, Katsuyama H, Okuyama T, Watanabe Y, Hidaka K, Otsuki T, et al. The effect of CAG repeat polymorphism in the glucocorticoid receptor on stress responses of mice exposed to water-immersion restraint stress. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:415-20 pubmed..The present study provides insights into the role of GR in individual responses to stress. ..
- Liu G, Moriyasu F, Hirokawa T, Rexiati M, Yamada M, Imai Y. Expression of heat shock protein 70 in rabbit liver after contrast-enhanced ultrasound and radiofrequency ablation. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2010;36:78-85 pubmed publisher..47 in the RF group and 0.42 in the CEUS+ RF group, respectively. CEUS using Sonazoid may produce HSP70 expression in the normal liver parenchyma after CEUS examination and RF ablation. (E-mail: email@example.com). ..
- Collins R, Linker C, Lewis J. MAZe: a tool for mosaic analysis of gene function in zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2010;7:219-23 pubmed publisher..As an alternative to heat shock, we introduced Cre under a tissue-specific promoter in MAZe fish to generate clones in a designated tissue. ..
- Helgeland G, Petzold A, Hoff J, Gilhus N, Plant G, Romi F. Anti-Heat Shock Protein 70 antibody levels are increased in myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barré syndrome. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;225:180-3 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that patients with MG and GBS have a previous or current increased exposure to Hsp70 antigens. The similarity between GMG and OMG strengthens the hypothesis that OMG represents a systemic disease, similar to GMG. ..
- Nath N, Chattopadhyay M, Kodela R, Tian S, Vlismas P, Boring D, et al. Modulation of stress genes expression profile by nitric oxide-releasing aspirin in Jurkat T leukemia cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:1759-71 pubmed publisher..The altered gene expression patterns by NO-ASA in Jurkat T cells suggest mechanisms for carcinogen metabolism, anti-proliferative activity and possible chemoprotective activity in T-ALL. ..
- Liu H, Liu Y, Zheng S, Jiang J, Wang P, Chen W. Comparative proteomic analysis of longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) seed abortion. Planta. 2010;231:847-60 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that identification of the differentially expressed proteins may lead to a better understanding of the molecular basis for seed abortion in longan...
- Zeiger S, McKenzie J, Stankowski J, Martin J, Cliffel D, McLaughlin B. Neuron specific metabolic adaptations following multi-day exposures to oxygen glucose deprivation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:1095-104 pubmed publisher..We believe coupling this neuron-enriched multi-day model with microphysiometry will allow us to assess neuronal specific real-time metabolic adaptations necessary for preconditioning. ..
- Kampinga H, Craig E. The HSP70 chaperone machinery: J proteins as drivers of functional specificity. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2010;11:579-92 pubmed publisher..Some target HSP70 activity to clients at precise locations in cells and others bind client proteins directly, thereby delivering specific clients to HSP70 and directly determining their fate. ..
- Niimura Y, Moue T, Takahashi N, Nagai K. Modification of sphingoglycolipids and sulfolipids in kidney cell lines under heat stress: activation of monohexosylceramide synthesis as a ceramide scavenger. Glycobiology. 2010;20:710-7 pubmed publisher..From these results, we speculated that HSP70 may play a role in GluT gene expression to increase GlcCer and decrease intracellular ceramide level. ..
- Peisker K, Chiabudini M, Rospert S. The ribosome-bound Hsp70 homolog Ssb of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:662-72 pubmed publisher..Here we aim to summarize what is currently known about Ssb's multiple functions and what remains to be ascertained by future research. ..
- Pandita T, Pandita S, Bhaumik S. Molecular parameters of hyperthermia for radiosensitization. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 2009;19:235-51 pubmed..Thus, hyperthermia influences several molecular parameters involved in sensitizing tumor cells to radiation and can enhance the potential of targeted radiotherapy. ..
- Shah A, Sarwar A, Orabi A, Gautam S, Grant W, Park A, et al. Protease activation during in vivo pancreatitis is dependent on calcineurin activation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G967-73 pubmed..05). These data suggest that PP2B is an important target of the aberrant acinar cell Ca(2+) rise associated with pathological protease activation and pancreatitis...
- Bernardini C, Gaibani P, Zannoni A, Vocale C, Bacci M, Piana G, et al. Treponema denticola alters cell vitality and induces HO-1 and Hsp70 expression in porcine aortic endothelial cells. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:509-16 pubmed publisher..denticola leaves the initial endodontic site and participates in the development of several systemic diseases...
- Chen T, Cao X. Stress for maintaining memory: HSP70 as a mobile messenger for innate and adaptive immunity. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1541-4 pubmed publisher..This study has widened our view of HSP in adaptive immunity as well as their classical functions such as APC activator and antigen carrier. ..
- Del Re B, Marcantonio P, Bersani F, Giorgi G. Extremely low frequency magnetic field exposure affects DnaK and GroEL expression in E. coli cells with impaired heat shock response. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2009;28:420-4 pubmed..This result suggests that the HSP induction pathway triggered by ELF-MF exposure could be different from that elicited by heat shock treatment. ..
- Dukhanina E, Yashin D, Galkin A, Sashchenko L. Unexpected deeds of familiar proteins: Interplay of Hsp70, PGRP-S/Tag7 and S100A4/Mts1 in host vs. cancer combat. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:676-82 pubmed..e., perform both prometastatic and antimetastatic functions. ..
- Kudo K, Xi Y, Wang Y, Song B, Chu E, Ju J, et al. Translational control analysis by translationally active RNA capture/microarray analysis (TrIP-Chip). Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:e104 pubmed publisher..These differences in translational rate were revealed with our new approach from 500 cells. This technology has the potential to make investigation of translational control feasible with limited quantities of clinical specimens. ..
- Wieten L, van der Zee R, Spiering R, Wagenaar Hilbers J, van Kooten P, Broere F, et al. A novel heat-shock protein coinducer boosts stress protein Hsp70 to activate T cell regulation of inflammation in autoimmune arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1026-35 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that a food component can boost protective T cell responses to a self stress protein and down-regulate inflammatory disease, i.e., that the immune system can respond to diet. ..