Genomes and Genes
Summary: A sirtuin family member found primarily in MITOCHONDRIA. It is a multifunctional enzyme that contains a NAD-dependent deacetylase activity that is specific for HISTONES and a mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase activity.
- Zhang M, Wang S, Cheng Z, Xiong Z, Lv J, Yang Z, et al. Polydatin ameliorates diabetic cardiomyopathy via Sirt3 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1280-1287 pubmed publisher..Our previous studies have shown that Polydatin (PD) alleviates cardiac dysfunction after myocardial infarction (MI) injury. Nevertheless, the mechanism by which PD regulates diabetic cardiomyopathy has not been reported...
- Panza S, Santoro M, De Amicis F, Morelli C, Passarelli V, D Aquila P, et al. Estradiol via estrogen receptor beta influences ROS levels through the transcriptional regulation of SIRT3 in human seminoma TCam-2 cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701642 pubmed publisher..Future studies may lead to additional strategies for the current therapy of seminoma. ..
- Li P, Liu Y, Burns N, Zhao K, Song R. SIRT1 is required for mitochondrial biogenesis reprogramming in hypoxic human pulmonary arteriolar smooth muscle cells. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:1127-1136 pubmed publisher..Polydatin improves mitochondrial biogenesis and function by enhancing SIRT1 expression in hypoxic human PASMCs. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Cheng W, Yin X, Jiang B. The expression of SIRT3 in primary hepatocellular carcinoma and the mechanism of its tumor suppressing effects. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:978-998 pubmed..SIRT3 can inhibit the growth and proliferation of HepG2 cells and induce HepG2 cell apoptosis. The mechanism may be related to the up-regulation of MnSOD and p53, the up-regulation of Bax and Fas by MnSOD. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang D, Chen D. SIRT3: Striking at the heart of aging. Aging (Albany NY). 2011;3:1-2 pubmed
- Shin J, Mohrin M, Chen D. Reversing stem cell aging. Oncotarget. 2015;6:14723-4 pubmed
- Stram A, Wagner G, Fogler B, Pride P, Hirschey M, Payne R. Progressive mitochondrial protein lysine acetylation and heart failure in a model of Friedreich's ataxia cardiomyopathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178354 pubmed publisher..FRDA model hearts have increased mitochondrial protein acetylation and impaired sirtuin 3 (SIRT3) deacetylase activity...
- Pacella Ince L, Zander Fox D, Lan M. Mitochondrial SIRT3 and its target glutamate dehydrogenase are altered in follicular cells of women with reduced ovarian reserve or advanced maternal age. Hum Reprod. 2014;29:1490-9 pubmedIs the activity of sirtuin 3 (SIRT3) altered in granulosa and cumulus cells from young women with reduced ovarian reserve or women of advanced maternal age? SIRT3 mRNA and active protein in granulosa and cumulus cells were decreased in ..
- Cheng Y, Dai C, Zhang J. SIRT3-SOD2-ROS pathway is involved in linalool-induced glioma cell apoptotic death. Acta Biochim Pol. 2017;64:343-350 pubmed publisher..In summary, the data demonstrated that linalool exhibited inhibitory effect on glioma cells through regulation of SIRT3-SOD2-ROS signaling. ..
- Albani D, Pupillo E, Bianchi E, Chierchia A, Martines R, Forloni G, et al. The role of single-nucleotide variants of the energy metabolism-linked genes SIRT3, PPARGC1A and APOE in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis risk. Genes Genet Syst. 2017;91:301-309 pubmed publisher..The genes selected were sirtuin 3 (SIRT3), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? coactivator-1? (PPARGC1A) and apolipoprotein E (APOE)...
- Gounden S, Chuturgoon A. Curcumin Upregulates Antioxidant Defense, Lon Protease, and Heat-Shock Protein 70 Under Hyperglycemic Conditions in Human Hepatoma Cells. J Med Food. 2017;20:465-473 pubmed publisherb>Sirtuin 3 (SIRT3) regulates mitochondrial antioxidant (AO) defense and improves mitochondrial disorders. Curcumin protects mitochondria; however, the mechanisms need investigation...
- Thapa D, Zhang M, Manning J, Guimaraes D, Stoner M, O Doherty R, et al. Acetylation of mitochondrial proteins by GCN5L1 promotes enhanced fatty acid oxidation in the heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H265-H274 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide new evidence that acetylation of cardiac mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation enzymes by GCN5L1 significantly upregulates their activity in diet-induced obese mice. ..
- Zou X, Zhu Y, Park S, Liu G, O Brien J, Jiang H, et al. SIRT3-Mediated Dimerization of IDH2 Directs Cancer Cell Metabolism and Tumor Growth. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3990-3999 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest a potential relationship between SIRT3 enzymatic activity, IDH2-K413 acetylation-determined dimerization, and a cancer-permissive phenotype. Cancer Res; 77(15); 3990-9. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Li S, Dou X, Ning H, Song Q, Wei W, Zhang X, et al. Sirtuin 3 acts as a negative regulator of autophagy dictating hepatocyte susceptibility to lipotoxicity. Hepatology. 2017;66:936-952 pubmed publisher..b>Sirtuin 3 (SIRT3) is a nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-dependent deacetylase located primarily inside mitochondria...
- Morigi M, Perico L, Rota C, Longaretti L, Conti S, Rottoli D, et al. Sirtuin 3-dependent mitochondrial dynamic improvements protect against acute kidney injury. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:715-26 pubmed publisher..we determined that both oxidative stress and mitochondrial damage are associated with reduced levels of renal sirtuin 3 (SIRT3)...
- Tronchère H, Cinato M, Timotin A, Guitou L, Villedieu C, Thibault H, et al. Inhibition of PIKfyve prevents myocardial apoptosis and hypertrophy through activation of SIRT3 in obese mice. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:770-785 pubmed publisher..KO mice. Altogether, these results unravel a novel role for PIKfyve in obesity-associated cardiomyopathy and provide a promising therapeutic strategy to combat cardiometabolic complications in obesity. ..
- Ren T, Wang J, Zhu J, Jin M, Wu Y, Guo X, et al. MCU-dependent mitochondrial Ca2+ inhibits NAD+/SIRT3/SOD2 pathway to promote ROS production and metastasis of HCC cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:5897-5909 pubmed publisher..form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotid (NADH) ratio and the NAD+-dependent deacetylase activity of sirtuin 3 to inhibit superoxide dismutase 2 (SOD2) activity...
- Nadtochiy S, Wang Y, Zhang J, Nehrke K, Schafer X, Welle K, et al. Potential mechanisms linking SIRT activity and hypoxic 2-hydroxyglutarate generation: no role for direct enzyme (de)acetylation. Biochem J. 2017;474:2829-2839 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that a causal relationship should not be assumed between acetylation of metabolic enzymes and their activities, canonical or otherwise. ..
- Liu L, Nam M, Fan W, Akie T, Hoaglin D, Gao G, et al. Nutrient sensing by the mitochondrial transcription machinery dictates oxidative phosphorylation. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:768-84 pubmed publisherb>Sirtuin 3 (SIRT3), an important regulator of energy metabolism and lipid oxidation, is induced in fasted liver mitochondria and implicated in metabolic syndrome...
- Dikalova A, Itani H, Nazarewicz R, McMaster W, Flynn C, Uzhachenko R, et al. Sirt3 Impairment and SOD2 Hyperacetylation in Vascular Oxidative Stress and Hypertension. Circ Res. 2017;121:564-574 pubmed publisherClinical studies have shown that Sirt3 (Sirtuin 3) expression declines by 40% by 65 years of age paralleling the increased incidence of hypertension and metabolic conditions further inactivate Sirt3 because of increased NADH (..