Genomes and Genes
adaptor protein complex delta subunits
Summary: A family of large adaptin protein subunits of approximately 130-kDa in size. They have been primarily found as components of ADAPTOR PROTEIN COMPLEX 3.
- Dong X, Li H, Derdowski A, Ding L, Burnett A, Chen X, et al. AP-3 directs the intracellular trafficking of HIV-1 Gag and plays a key role in particle assembly. Cell. 2005;120:663-74 pubmed..These studies illuminate an early step in retroviral particle assembly and provide evidence that the trafficking of Gag to late endosomes is part of a productive particle assembly pathway. ..
- Heil C, Noor M. Studying recombination with high-throughput sequencing: an educational primer for use with "fine-scale heterogeneity in crossover rate in the garnet-scalloped region of the Drosophila melanogaster X chromosome". Genetics. 2013;194:335-9 pubmed publisher..Additional background information, a detailed explanation of the methods used in this study, and discussion questions are provided. ..
- Singh N, Stone E, Aquadro C, Clark A. Fine-scale heterogeneity in crossover rate in the garnet-scalloped region of the Drosophila melanogaster X chromosome. Genetics. 2013;194:375-87 pubmed publisher..Our results shed new light on the scale and magnitude of crossover rate heterogeneity in D. melanogaster and highlight potential features mediating this heterogeneity. ..
- Liu L, Sutton J, Woodruff E, Villalta F, Spearman P, Dong X. Defective HIV-1 particle assembly in AP-3-deficient cells derived from patients with Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 2. J Virol. 2012;86:11242-53 pubmed
- Zlatic S, Tornieri K, L hernault S, Faundez V. Clathrin-dependent mechanisms modulate the subcellular distribution of class C Vps/HOPS tether subunits in polarized and nonpolarized cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1699-715 pubmed publisher..We propose that vesicular (AP-3) and nonvesicular (Hrs) clathrin mechanisms segregate class C Vps/HOPS tethers to organelles and domains of mammalian cells bearing complex architectures...
- Haigh A, Lloyd V. Loss of genomic imprinting in Drosophila clones. Genome. 2006;49:1043-6 pubmed..Here we show that genomic imprinting associated with a mini-X chromosome is lost in Drosophila melanogaster clones. ..
- Bourel Bonnet L, Pécheur E, Grandjean C, Blanpain A, Baust T, Melnyk O, et al. Anchorage of synthetic peptides onto liposomes via hydrazone and alpha-oxo hydrazone bonds. preliminary functional investigations. Bioconjug Chem. 2005;16:450-7 pubmed..Thus, these results clearly indicate the usefulness of such peptidoliposomes, easily prepared by hydrazone chemoselective ligation, as a tool for biological investigation. ..
- Boner W, Morgan I. Novel cellular interacting partners of the human papillomavirus 16 transcription/replication factor E2. Virus Res. 2002;90:113-8 pubmed..Several of these partners have characteristics that make them ideal candidates for mediating E2 function. ..
- Lloyd V, Sinclair D, Alperyn M, Grigliatti T. Enhancer of garnet/deltaAP-3 is a cryptic allele of the white gene and identifies the intracellular transport system for the white protein. Genome. 2002;45:296-312 pubmed..This observation supports a role for these genes in intracellular transport and leads to a model whereby incorrect sorting of the white gene product can explain the pigmentation phenotypes of an entire group of eye-color genes...
- Del Val M, Yewdell J. The latest killer AP. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:1049-50 pubmed
- Matsuzaki F. Drosophila G-protein signalling: intricate roles for Ric-8?. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1047-9 pubmed
- Naga Prasad S, Laporte S, Chamberlain D, Caron M, Barak L, Rockman H. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase regulates beta2-adrenergic receptor endocytosis by AP-2 recruitment to the receptor/beta-arrestin complex. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:563-75 pubmed
- Garcia E, Nikolic D, Piguet V. HIV-1 replication in dendritic cells occurs through a tetraspanin-containing compartment enriched in AP-3. Traffic. 2008;9:200-14 pubmed
- Geyer M, Yu H, Mandic R, Linnemann T, Zheng Y, Fackler O, et al. Subunit H of the V-ATPase binds to the medium chain of adaptor protein complex 2 and connects Nef to the endocytic machinery. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28521-9 pubmed..Finally, blocking the expression of V1H decreased the enhancement of virion infectivity by Nef. Thus, V1H can function as an adaptor for interactions between Nef and AP-2. ..
- Nishimura N, Plutner H, Hahn K, Balch W. The delta subunit of AP-3 is required for efficient transport of VSV-G from the trans-Golgi network to the cell surface. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:6755-60 pubmed
- Kent H, Evans P, SchÃ¤fer I, Gray S, Sanderson C, Luzio J, et al. Structural basis of the intracellular sorting of the SNARE VAMP7 by the AP3 adaptor complex. Dev Cell. 2012;22:979-88 pubmed publisher..The mislocalization can be rescued by transfection with wild-type Î´-adaptin but not by Î´-adaptin containing mutations that abolish VAMP7 binding, despite in all cases intact AP3 being present and LAMP1 trafficking being rescued. ..
- Lundmark R, Carlsson S. The beta-appendages of the four adaptor-protein (AP) complexes: structure and binding properties, and identification of sorting nexin 9 as an accessory protein to AP-2. Biochem J. 2002;362:597-607 pubmed..SNX9, which contains a phox and an Src homology 3 domain, was found in large complexes and was at least partially associated with AP-2 in the cytosol. SNX9 may function to assist AP-2 in its role at the plasma membrane. ..
- Lloyd V, Sinclair D, Wennberg R, Warner T, Honda B, Grigliatti T. A genetic and molecular characterization of the garnet gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Genome. 1999;42:1183-93 pubmed..This finding provides an explanation for the phenotype of garnet mutations and predicts that other Drosophila eye-colour genes will be a rich resource for the genetic dissection of intracellular vesicle transport. ..
- Hirst J, Robinson M. Clathrin and adaptors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1404:173-93 pubmed..Genetic studies indicate that AP-3 plays a role in the sorting of proteins to lysosomes and lysosome-related organelles. ..
- Ooi C, Moreira J, Dell Angelica E, Poy G, Wassarman D, Bonifacino J. Altered expression of a novel adaptin leads to defective pigment granule biogenesis in the Drosophila eye color mutant garnet. EMBO J. 1997;16:4508-18 pubmed..Thus, the eye pigmentation defect in the Drosophila garnet mutant may be attributed to compromised function of a coat protein involved in intracellular transport processes required for biogenesis or function of pigment granules. ..
- Shim J, Lee J. The AP-3 clathrin-associated complex is essential for embryonic and larval development in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cells. 2005;19:452-7 pubmed..APM-3 is expressed in most cells, particularly strongly in spermatheca and vulva. We conclude that the products of the C. elegans m3, s3, b3 and d genes are essential for embryogenesis and larval development. ..
- Dores M, Paing M, Lin H, Montagne W, Marchese A, Trejo J. AP-3 regulates PAR1 ubiquitin-independent MVB/lysosomal sorting via an ALIX-mediated pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3612-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, AP-3 facilitates PAR1 interaction with ALIX, suggesting that AP-3 functions before PAR1 engagement of ALIX and MVB/lysosomal sorting. ..