Genomes and Genes
adaptor protein complex subunits
Summary: The subunits that make up the large, medium and small chains of adaptor proteins.
- Ma Y, Takeuchi M, Sugiura R, Sio S, Kuno T. Deletion mutants of AP-1 adaptin subunits display distinct phenotypes in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2009;14:1015-28 pubmed publisher..Altogether, results suggest that the four subunits are all essential for the heterotetrameric complex formation and for the AP-1 function in exit transport from endosomes. ..
- Paolini L, Radeghieri A, Civini S, Caimi L, Ricotta D. The epsilon hinge-ear region regulates membrane localization of the AP-4 complex. Traffic. 2011;12:1604-19 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the terminal hinge region and the appendage of the AP-4 epsilon subunit are involved in membrane association in a process that is controlled by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation events. ..
- Niu Y, Wang M, Liang S, Zhou F, Miao Y. Expression and localization of silkworm adaptor protein complex-1 subunits, which were down-regulated post baculovirus infection. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:10775-83 pubmed publisher..GFP-tagged fusion proteins indicated that AP-1 located in the peripheral plasma area. Furthermore, the BmNPV infection in B. mori cells had differentiated effect on the expression level of AP-1 subunits. ..
- Radhakrishnan K, Baltes J, Creemers J, Schu P. Trans-Golgi network morphology and sorting is regulated by prolyl-oligopeptidase-like protein PREPL and the AP-1 complex subunit ?1A. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1155-63 pubmed publisher..PREPL is highly expressed in brain and at lower levels in muscle and kidney. Its deficiency causes hypotonia and growth hormone hyposecretion, supporting essential PREPL functions in AP-1-dependent secretory pathways. ..
- Wang K, Patel C, Wang J, Wang J, Wang X, Luo P, et al. Yeast surface display of antibodies via the heterodimeric interaction of two coiled-coil adapters. J Immunol Methods. 2010;354:11-9 pubmed publisher..When the adapter-directed phage and yeast display modules are combined, it is possible to expand the adapter-directed display to a novel cross-species display that can shuttle between phage and yeast systems. ..
- Rivero M, Kulakova L, Touz M. Long double-stranded RNA produces specific gene downregulation in Giardia lamblia. J Parasitol. 2010;96:815-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the ability of dsRNA antisense to inhibit the expression of these specific types of proteins is indicative of a gene-specific mechanism. ..
- Hirst J, Barlow L, Francisco G, Sahlender D, Seaman M, Dacks J, et al. The fifth adaptor protein complex. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001170 pubmed publisher..Thus, AP-5 is an evolutionarily ancient complex, which is involved in endosomal sorting, and which has links with hereditary spastic paraplegia. ..