Genomes and Genes
soluble n ethylmaleimide sensitive factor attachment proteins
Summary: SNARE binding proteins that facilitate the ATP hydrolysis-driven dissociation of the SNARE complex. They are required for the binding of N-ETHYLMALEIMIDE-SENSITIVE PROTEIN (NSF) to the SNARE complex which also stimulates the ATPASE activity of NSF. They are unrelated structurally to SNAP-25 PROTEIN.
- Batiz L, Roales Buján R, Rodríguez Pérez L, Matas I, Páez P, Roque M, et al. A simple PCR-based genotyping method for M105I mutation of alpha-SNAP enhances the study of early pathological changes in hyh phenotype. Mol Cell Probes. 2009;23:281-90 pubmed publisher..The genotyping method described here enhances the potentiality of hyh mouse as a unique in vivo model to study the role of membrane trafficking in different developmental and physiological processes. ..
- Mima J, Wickner W. Phosphoinositides and SNARE chaperones synergistically assemble and remodel SNARE complexes for membrane fusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16191-6 pubmed publisher..This ternary synergy of phosphoinositides and 2 SNARE chaperone systems is required for rapid fusion. ..
- Parashuraman S, Madan R, Mukhopadhyay A. NSF independent fusion of Salmonella-containing late phagosomes with early endosomes. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1251-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, LSLP fuses with EE in absence of NEM-sensitive fusion factor (NSF) as well as in the presence of NSF:D1EQ mutant demonstrating that LSLP fusion with EE is NSF independent. ..
- Xu H, Jun Y, Thompson J, Yates J, Wickner W. HOPS prevents the disassembly of trans-SNARE complexes by Sec17p/Sec18p during membrane fusion. EMBO J. 2010;29:1948-60 pubmed publisher..HOPS thus directs the Sec17p/Sec18p chaperone system to maximize functional trans-SNARE complex for membrane fusion, a new role of tethering factors during membrane traffic. ..
- Burgalossi A, Jung S, Meyer G, Jockusch W, Jahn O, Taschenberger H, et al. SNARE protein recycling by ?SNAP and ?SNAP supports synaptic vesicle priming. Neuron. 2010;68:473-87 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of ?- and ?SNAP deletion mutant neurons shows that the two NSF cofactors support synaptic vesicle priming by determining the availability of free SNARE components, particularly during phases of high synaptic activity. ..
- Li X, Zhang J, Wang Y, Ji J, Yang F, Wan C, et al. Association study on the NAPG gene and bipolar disorder in the Chinese Han population. Neurosci Lett. 2009;457:159-62 pubmed publisher..Haplotype T-A-T of rs473938-rs2290279-rs495484 was defined by confidence intervals algorithm and had a p value of 0.0038 after 100,000 permutations. Our study supports NAPG as a candidate for susceptibility to bipolar disorder. ..
- Schilde C, Schönemann B, Sehring I, Plattner H. Distinct subcellular localization of a group of synaptobrevin-like SNAREs in Paramecium tetraurelia and effects of silencing SNARE-specific chaperone NSF. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:288-305 pubmed publisher..The distinct distributions of these SNAREs emphasize the considerable differentiation of membrane trafficking, particularly along the endo-/phagocytic pathway, in this protozoan...
- Arasaki K, Roy C. Legionella pneumophila promotes functional interactions between plasma membrane syntaxins and Sec22b. Traffic. 2010;11:587-600 pubmed publisher..pneumophila promotes pairing of plasma membrane syntaxins and Sec22b could provide unique insight into how the secretory vesicles could provide an additional membrane reserve subverted during phagosome maturation. ..
- Hickey C, Wickner W. HOPS initiates vacuole docking by tethering membranes before trans-SNARE complex assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2297-305 pubmed publisher..SNAREs further stabilize the associations of HOPS-tethered membranes. HOPS then protects newly formed trans-SNARE complexes from disassembly by Sec17p/Sec18p. ..
- Wu Z, Chao C. Knockdown of NAPA using short-hairpin RNA sensitizes cancer cells to cisplatin: implications to overcome chemoresistance. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:827-37 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that NAPA represents a target of cisplatin, and that knockdown of NAPA may improve cisplatin-based cancer therapy. ..
- Kaneko Y, Tamura K, Totsukawa G, Kondo H. Isolation of a point-mutated p47 lacking binding affinity to p97ATPase. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3873-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutation corresponding to the p47 F253S mutation in p37 and ufd1 also abolished their binding ability to p97. ..