Genomes and Genes
tight junction proteins
Summary: Proteins that take part in the formation or structure of TIGHT JUNCTIONS.
- Takano K, Kakuki T, Kaneko Y, Kohno T, Kikuchi S, Himi T, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition prevents cell death induced by loss of tricellular tight junction proteins in temperature-sensitive mouse cochlear cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182291 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that both tTJ proteins TRIC and LSR have crucial roles for the differentiated cochlear cell survival, and that HDAC inhibitors may be potential therapeutic agents to prevent hearing loss. ..
- Lee K, Nam M, Lee H, Hong C, Lee K. Protective effects of chebulic acid on alveolar epithelial damage induced by urban particulate matter. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:373 pubmed publisher..These data showed that CA resulted in decreased UPM-induced ROS formation, and the protected the integrity of the tight junctions against UPM exposure to PAE barrier. ..
- Sheng Z, Gao N, Wang Z, Cui X, Zhou D, Fan D, et al. Sertoli Cells Are Susceptible to ZIKV Infection in Mouse Testis. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:272 pubmed publisher..These results also imply that long-term impact of ZIKV infection on human male reproductive system requires close monitoring. ..
- Cording J, Arslan B, Staat C, Dithmer S, Krug S, KrÃ¼ger A, et al. Trictide, a tricellulin-derived peptide to overcome cellular barriers. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1405:89-101 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, trictide is a novel and promising tool for overcoming cellular barriers at bTJs and tTJs with the potential to transiently improve drug delivery. ..
- Vasileva E, Sluysmans S, Bochaton Piallat M, Citi S. Cell-specific diversity in the expression and organization of cytoplasmic plaque proteins of apical junctions. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1405:160-176 pubmed publisher..and co-immunoprecipitation assays show that PLEKHA7 and PDZD11 are significantly more associated with the tight junction proteins cingulin and ZO-1 in aortic endothelium-derived (meEC) cells but not kidney collecting duct epithelial (..
- Yan H, Ajuwon K. Butyrate modifies intestinal barrier function in IPEC-J2 cells through a selective upregulation of tight junction proteins and activation of the Akt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179586 pubmed publisherThe intestinal epithelial barrier, composed of epithelial cells, tight junction proteins and intestinal secretions, prevents passage of luminal substances and antigens through the paracellular space...
- Tan S, Shan Y, Wang Y, Lin Y, Liao S, Deng Z, et al. Exacerbation of oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced blood-brain barrier disruption: potential pathogenic role of interleukin-9 in ischemic stroke. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1499-1513 pubmed publisher..In in vitro experiments using bEnd.3 cells, exogenously administered IL-9 exacerbated the loss of tight junction proteins (TJPs) in cells subjected to OGD plus reoxygenation (RO)...
- Stamatovic S, Johnson A, Sladojevic N, Keep R, Andjelkovic A. Endocytosis of tight junction proteins and the regulation of degradation and recycling. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1397:54-65 pubmed publisher..A greater understanding of these processes may allow for the development of methods to modulate barrier permeability for drug delivery or prevent barrier dysfunction in disease states. ..