Genomes and Genes
Summary: A large superfamily of cell surface membrane proteins characterized by their four transmembrane domains. They play a role in a variety of processes such as cellular adhesion and motility. They may be involved in the organization of cell surface MEMBRANE MICRODOMAINS that regulate the activation of LEUKOCYTES.
- Matthews A, Szyroka J, Collier R, Noy P, Tomlinson M. Scissor sisters: regulation of ADAM10 by the TspanC8 tetraspanins. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:719-730 pubmed publisher..However, targetting ADAM10 is likely to result in toxic side effects. The tetraspanins are a superfamily of 33 four-transmembrane proteins in mammals which interact with and regulate specific ..
- Zuidscherwoude M, Worah K, van der Schaaf A, Buschow S, van Spriel A. Differential expression of tetraspanin superfamily members in dendritic cell subsets. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184317 pubmed publisherDendritic cells (DCs), which are essential for initiating immune responses, are comprised of different subsets. Tetraspanins organize dendritic cell membranes by facilitating protein-protein interactions within the so called tetraspanin ..
- Hemler M. Tetraspanin proteins promote multiple cancer stages. Nat Rev Cancer. 2014;14:49-60 pubmed..Many studies show that the expression of tetraspanins correlates with tumour stage, tumour type and patient outcome...
- Turcotte M, Allard D, Mittal D, Bareche Y, Buisseret L, JosÃ© V, et al. CD73 Promotes Resistance to HER2/ErbB2 Antibody Therapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5652-5663 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings establish CD73 in mediating resistance to trastuzumab and provide new insights into how CD73 is regulated in breast cancer. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5652-63. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- van Deventer S, Dunlock V, van Spriel A. Molecular interactions shaping the tetraspanin web. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:741-750 pubmed publisher..Important mediators of this organization are tetraspanin proteins. Tetraspanins interact laterally among themselves and with partner proteins to control the spatial organization of membrane ..
- Pérez Martínez C, Maravillas Montero J, Meza Herrera I, Vences Catalan F, Zlotnik A, Santos Argumedo L. Tspan33 is Expressed in Transitional and Memory B Cells, but is not Responsible for High ADAM10 Expression. Scand J Immunol. 2017;86:23-30 pubmed publisherb>Tetraspanins are a family of transmembrane proteins that form membrane microdomains. They play important roles in migration, adhesion and other cellular processes...
- Maisonial Besset A, Witkowski T, Navarro Teulon I, Berthier Vergnes O, Fois G, Zhu Y, et al. Tetraspanin 8 (TSPAN 8) as a potential target for radio-immunotherapy of colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:22034-22047 pubmed publisher..2 treated tumors compared to controls. Overall, we provide a proof-of-concept for the use of [111In/177Lu]DOTA-Ts29.2 that specifically target in vivo aggressive TSPAN8-positive cells in CRC. ..