Genomes and Genes
stromal interaction molecule 1
Summary: A stromal interaction molecule that functions in the regulation of calcium influx following depletion of intracellular calcium in the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM. It translocates to the plasma membrane upon calcium depletion where it activates the CALCIUM RELEASE ACTIVATED CALCIUM CHANNEL ORAI1.
- Furukawa Y, Haruyama N, Nikaido M, Nakanishi M, Ryu N, Oh Hora M, et al. Stim1 Regulates Enamel Mineralization and Ameloblast Modulation. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1422-1429 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SOCE is essential for proper enamel mineralization, in which Stim1 plays a critical role during the maturation process. ..
- Mukherjee S, Karolak A, Debant M, Buscaglia P, Renaudineau Y, Mignen O, et al. Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Membrane-Bound STIM1 to Investigate Conformational Changes during STIM1 Activation upon Calcium Release. J Chem Inf Model. 2017;57:335-344 pubmed publisher..Altogether, understanding conformational changes in STIM1 can help in drug discovery when targeting this key protein in intracellular calcium functions. ..
- Troupes C, Wallner M, Borghetti G, Zhang C, Mohsin S, von Lewinski D, et al. Role of STIM1 (Stromal Interaction Molecule 1) in Hypertrophy-Related Contractile Dysfunction. Circ Res. 2017;121:125-136 pubmed publisher..STIM1 (stromal interaction molecule 1) regulates Ca2+ signaling in many cell types by sensing low endoplasmic reticular Ca2+<..
- Vaeth M, Maus M, Klein Hessling S, Freinkman E, Yang J, Eckstein M, et al. Store-Operated Ca2+ Entry Controls Clonal Expansion of T Cells through Metabolic Reprogramming. Immunity. 2017;47:664-679.e6 pubmed publisher..We propose that SOCE controls a critical "metabolic checkpoint" at which T cells assess adequate nutrient supply to support clonal expansion and adaptive immune responses. ..
- Stagno M, Zacharopoulou N, Bochem J, Tsapara A, Pelzl L, Al Maghout T, et al. Istaroxime Inhibits Motility and Down-Regulates Orai1 Expression, SOCE and FAK Phosphorylation in Prostate Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1366-1376 pubmed publisher..Collectively our results indicate that this enzyme inhibitor, besides its pro-apoptotic action, affects motility of cancer cells, supporting its potential role as a strong candidate for further clinical cancer drug development. ..
- Li Y, Lou C, Wang W. STIM1 deficiency protects the liver from ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:422-428 pubmed publisher..b>Stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1) plays essential role in regulating the induction of cellular responses to a number of stress ..
- Chen Y, Chang C, Lee W, Liou J. RASSF4 controls SOCE and ER-PM junctions through regulation of PI(4,5)P2. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2011-2025 pubmed publisher..mechanism, by affecting the translocation of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) Ca2+ sensor stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1) to ER-plasma membrane (PM) junctions...
- Li P, Bian X, Chen Q, Yao X, Wang X, Zhang W, et al. Blocking of stromal interaction molecule 1 expression influence cell proliferation and promote cell apoptosis in vitro and inhibit tumor growth in vivo in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177484 pubmed publisher..SOCE is triggered by stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1), which is located in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) as Ca2+ sensor...
- Sahu I, Pelzl L, Sukkar B, Fakhri H, Al Maghout T, Cao H, et al. NFAT5-sensitive Orai1 expression and store-operated Ca2+ entry in megakaryocytes. FASEB J. 2017;31:3439-3448 pubmed publisher..Orai1 is stimulated after intracellular store depletion by the Ca2+ sensors stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1), or STIM2, or both...
- Zhang L, Wang L, Li S, Xue J, Luo D. Calsequestrin-1 Regulates Store-Operated Ca2+ Entry by Inhibiting STIM1 Aggregation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:2183-93 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that CSQ1 monomers suppress SOCE by interacting with STIM1 and attenuating STIM1 aggregation via its C-terminal amino acid 362-396. ..
- Ryu C, Jang D, Jung D, Kim Y, Shim H, Ryu H, et al. STIM1 Regulates Somatic Ca2+ Signals and Intrinsic Firing Properties of Cerebellar Purkinje Neurons. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8876-8894 pubmed publisher..It has been well established in both neuronal and non-neuronal cells that stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1) initiates and regulates refilling Ca2+ into the ER...
- Terry L, Vermeer M, Giles J, Tran Q. Suppression of store-operated Ca2+ entry by activation of GPER: contribution to a clamping effect on endothelial Ca2+ signaling. Biochem J. 2017;474:3627-3642 pubmed publisher..role of GPER activation in modulating store-operated Ca2+ entry (SOCE) via effects on the stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1)...