Genomes and Genes
thy 1 antigens
Summary: A group of differentiation surface antigens, among the first to be discovered on thymocytes and T-lymphocytes. Originally identified in the mouse, they are also found in other species including humans, and are expressed on brain neurons and other cells.
- Abad Rodriguez J, Ledesma M, Craessaerts K, Perga S, Medina M, Delacourte A, et al. Neuronal membrane cholesterol loss enhances amyloid peptide generation. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:953-60 pubmed
- Chen Y, Yang B, Jacobson K. Transient confinement zones: a type of lipid raft?. Lipids. 2004;39:1115-9 pubmed..Here we review transient confinement zones and some of their implications for membrane structure and function. ..
- Dibas A, Yang M, He S, Bobich J, Yorio T. Changes in ocular aquaporin-4 (AQP4) expression following retinal injury. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1770-83 pubmed..The decreased ubiquitination in the optic nerve may lead to increased levels of proapoptotic proteins known to be degraded by the proteasome, and thus to axonal degeneration in glaucoma. ..
- Rege T, Pallero M, Gomez C, Grenett H, Murphy Ullrich J, Hagood J. Thy-1, via its GPI anchor, modulates Src family kinase and focal adhesion kinase phosphorylation and subcellular localization, and fibroblast migration, in response to thrombospondin-1/hep I. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3752-67 pubmed..Thy-1 modulates SFK and FAK phosphorylation and subcellular localization, promoting focal adhesion disassembly and migration in fibroblasts, following exposure to TSP-1/hep I. ..
- Huang W, Fileta J, Guo Y, Grosskreutz C. Downregulation of Thy1 in retinal ganglion cells in experimental glaucoma. Curr Eye Res. 2006;31:265-71 pubmed..Thy1 is a surface glycoprotein uniquely expressed in retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) in retina. The aim of this study was to investigate the expression change of Thy1 in a model of experimental glaucoma...
- Rege T, Hagood J. Thy-1 as a regulator of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions in axon regeneration, apoptosis, adhesion, migration, cancer, and fibrosis. FASEB J. 2006;20:1045-54 pubmed..Thy-1 is an important regulator of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions, with important roles in nerve regeneration, metastasis, inflammation, and fibrosis. ..
- D Aquino R, Graziano A, Sampaolesi M, Laino G, Pirozzi G, De Rosa A, et al. Human postnatal dental pulp cells co-differentiate into osteoblasts and endotheliocytes: a pivotal synergy leading to adult bone tissue formation. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1162-71 pubmed..This study provides direct evidence to suggest that osteogenesis and angiogenesis mediated by human SBP-DPSCs may be regulated by distinct mechanisms, leading to the organization of adult bone tissue after stem cell transplantation. ..
- Rege T, Hagood J. Thy-1, a versatile modulator of signaling affecting cellular adhesion, proliferation, survival, and cytokine/growth factor responses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:991-9 pubmed..Ongoing research on the mechanisms of Thy-1 signaling will add to our understanding of the diverse physiologic and pathologic processes in which Thy-1 plays a role. ..
- Madore N, Smith K, Graham C, Jen A, Brady K, Hall S, et al. Functionally different GPI proteins are organized in different domains on the neuronal surface. EMBO J. 1999;18:6917-26 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a structural diversity of the domains occupied by functionally different GPI proteins. ..
- Kelley K, Friedrich V, Sonshine A, Hu Y, Lax J, Li J, et al. Expression of Thy-1/lacZ fusion genes in the CNS of transgenic mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;24:261-74 pubmed..2 sequences with the lacZ coding region may disrupt normal Thy-1 regulatory signals (or result in the creation of new regulatory elements). ..
- Hayakawa K, Asano M, Shinton S, Gui M, Allman D, Stewart C, et al. Positive selection of natural autoreactive B cells. Science. 1999;285:113-6 pubmed..Thus, B cells can be subject to positive selection, generated, and maintained on the basis of their autoreactivity. ..
- Durrheim G, Garnett D, Dennehy K, Beyers A. Thy-1 associated pp85--90 is a potential docking site for SH2 domain-containing signal transduction molecules. Cell Biol Int. 2001;25:33-42 pubmed
- Koumas L, Phipps R. Differential COX localization and PG release in Thy-1(+) and Thy-1(-) human female reproductive tract fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C599-608 pubmed
- Koumas L, Smith T, Phipps R. Fibroblast subsets in the human orbit: Thy-1+ and Thy-1- subpopulations exhibit distinct phenotypes. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:477-85 pubmed..These observations suggest that fibroblast subsets in the human orbit play distinct roles in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses crucial in the initiation and development of thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy. ..
- Schlamp C, Johnson E, Li Y, Morrison J, Nickells R. Changes in Thy1 gene expression associated with damaged retinal ganglion cells. Mol Vis. 2001;7:192-201 pubmed..Thy1 mRNA abundance and expressing cells, decreased in advance of detectable ganglion cell loss caused by three different modalities of damage. This change is independent of the committed step of cell death. ..
- Dietrich C, Volovyk Z, Levi M, Thompson N, Jacobson K. Partitioning of Thy-1, GM1, and cross-linked phospholipid analogs into lipid rafts reconstituted in supported model membrane monolayers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10642-7 pubmed..This result demonstrates that cross-linking, a process known to be important for certain cell-signaling processes, can selectively translocate molecules to liquid-ordered domains. ..
- Hagood J, Miller P, Lasky J, Tousson A, Guo B, Fuller G, et al. Differential expression of platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor by Thy-1(-) and Thy-1(+) lung fibroblasts. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:L218-24 pubmed..Differential expression of the PDGF-alpha receptor supports distinct roles for Thy-1(-) and Thy-1(+) fibroblast populations in developmental and fibrotic processes in the lung. ..
- Hueber A, Bernard A, Battari C, Marguet D, Massol P, Foa C, et al. Thymocytes in Thy-1-/- mice show augmented TCR signaling and impaired differentiation. Curr Biol. 1997;7:705-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that Thy-1 negatively regulates TCR-mediated signaling and controls activation thresholds during thymocyte differentiation. ..
- Dietrich C, Yang B, Fujiwara T, Kusumi A, Jacobson K. Relationship of lipid rafts to transient confinement zones detected by single particle tracking. Biophys J. 2002;82:274-84 pubmed..Overall, our data demonstrate that there are raft-related domains present in certain regions of the plasma membrane of C3H cells, which can persist for tens of seconds. ..
- Riou L, Bastos H, Lassalle B, Coureuil M, Testart J, Boussin F, et al. The telomerase activity of adult mouse testis resides in the spermatogonial alpha6-integrin-positive side population enriched in germinal stem cells. Endocrinology. 2005;146:3926-32 pubmed..In addition, the telomerase activity of cells in various stages of differentiation was unaffected by aging and, notably, remained high in the alpha6-integrin-positive Side Population. ..
- Yang J, De Isla N, Huselstein C, Sarda Kolopp M, Li N, Li Y, et al. Evaluation of human MSCs cell cycle, viability and differentiation in micromass culture. Biorheology. 2006;43:489-96 pubmed..Moreover, micromass culture allowed human MSCs to be synchronized at the G0/G1 phase, while their phenotype suggested some degree of differentiation. ..
- Goto M, Ono H, Takano Ishikawa Y, Shinmoto H, Yoshida M. Mac1 positive cells are required for enhancement of splenocytes proliferation caused by bisphenol a. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:263-5 pubmed..This study provides evidence for the first time that Mac1+ cells were required for enhancement of splenocytes proliferation caused by bisphenol A. ..
- Chang A, Benda P, Wood B, Kussick S. Lineage-specific identification of nonhematopoietic neoplasms by flow cytometry. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003;119:643-55 pubmed
- Nie Y, Lau C, Lie A, Chan G, Mok M. Defective phenotype of mesenchymal stem cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2010;19:850-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MSCs from SLE demonstrated early signs of senescence which may be a corollary of active lupus or a contributory factor to disease pathogenesis. Lupus (2010) 19, 850-859. ..
- Massollo M, Podesta M, Marini C, Morbelli S, Cassanelli C, Pinto V, et al. Contact with the bone marrow microenvironment readdresses the fate of transplanted hematopoietic stem cells. Exp Hematol. 2010;38:968-77 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms underlying the benefit provided by this procedure remain unknown. This study aims to evaluate the effect of IB on HSCs trafficking and homing features in the living rat...
- Zdziarski P. [Cellular transplantation--orthotopic liver transplantation alternative]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2007;23:297-301 pubmed..Currently, one of the major limiting factors for clinical application is the insufficient access to suitable liver cell preparations. ..
- Wang J, Liu N, Du H, Weng J, Chen R, Xiao Y, et al. [Effects of adipose-derived stem cell transplantation on the angiogenesis and the expression of bFGF and VEGF in the brain post focal cerebral ischemia in rats]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008;24:958-61 pubmed..The transplantation of ADSC can promote the revascularization of cerebral ischemia in rats partly by enhancing bFGF and VEGF synthesis in brain. ..
- Bate C, Tayebi M, Williams A. A glycosylphosphatidylinositol analogue reduced prion-derived peptide mediated activation of cytoplasmic phospholipase A2, synapse degeneration and neuronal death. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:93-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that glucosamine-PI, or isolated GPI anchors, can modify local membrane micro-environments that are important in the initiation of signalling events that mediate PrP82-146 induced neurodegeneration. ..
- Wang Y, He Q, Qin H, Xu J, Tong J, Gao L, et al. The complement C5b-9 complexes induced injury of glomerular mesangial cells in rats with Thy-1 nephritis by increasing nitric oxide synthesis. Life Sci. 2006;79:182-92 pubmed..The pathologic changes of GMCs in Thy-1 N are indeed complement C5b-9-dependent, and the glomerular injury can be mediated in part through elevation of NO from the GMCs after the sublytic C5b-9 stimulation...
- Ishii K, Ito S, Tamura T, Hemmi H, Conover J, Ozato K, et al. CpG-activated Thy1.2+ dendritic cells protect against lethal Listeria monocytogenes infection. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:2397-405 pubmed..2-) or plasmacytoid DC (mPDCA+), and secrete IFN-gamma that contributes to protection. These findings suggest that a novel Thy1.2+ DC subset plays a critical role in mediating the immunoprotective activity of CpG DNA. ..
- Abeysinghe H, Li L, Guckert N, Reeder J, Wang N. THY-1 induction is associated with up-regulation of fibronectin and thrombospondin-1 in human ovarian cancer. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005;161:151-8 pubmed..This study supports the hypothesis that THY-1 plays a critical role in regulating downstream genes associated with the regulation of ovarian tumor growth and cellular differentiation. ..
- Buard I, Steinmetz C, Claudepierre T, Pfrieger F. Glial cells promote dendrite formation and the reception of synaptic input in Purkinje cells from postnatal mice. Glia. 2010;58:538-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reinforce the idea that glial cells promote synaptogenesis in specific neuronal cell types. ..
- Straszewski Chavez S, Abrahams V, Alvero A, Aldo P, Ma Y, Guller S, et al. The isolation and characterization of a novel telomerase immortalized first trimester trophoblast cell line, Swan 71. Placenta. 2009;30:939-48 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the Swan 71 cells may represent a valuable model for future in vitro trophoblast studies. ..
- Ross C, Fox M. Multiparameter analysis of CHO AL mutant populations sorted on CD59 expression after gamma irradiation. Radiat Res. 2008;170:628-37 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the mutant region should be increased to include cells with intermediate CD59 expression; also, the loss of CD59 mutant expression over time could be explained in part by the loss of triple mutants from the population. ..
- Suguro H, Asano M, Kaneko Y, Omagari D, Ogiso B, Moro I, et al. Characterization of human dental pulp-derived cell lines. Int Endod J. 2008;41:609-16 pubmed publisher..Thy-1 expression in dental pulp tissue was confirmed by immunohistochemical staining. Fibroblastic cell lines derived from human dental pulp tissue possessed different gene expression profiles suggesting the existence of subpopulations. ..
- Goldberg E, Dygai A, Zyuz kov G. Role of Thy-1,2+ cells in the regulation of hemopoiesis during severe hypoxia. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2007;143:18-21 pubmed
- Wang H, Zhang Z, Liu X, Zhang X, Chen Q, Guo M. [The antagonistic effect on anti-thy-1 serum-induced nephritis of rats injected by decorin-transfected mesangial cells vector]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2003;32:444-8 pubmed..It suggests that the use of ex vivo MsC vector system can provide useful experimental basis for gene therapy of kidney disease in animal model. ..
- Ichimura K, Kurihara H, Sakai T. Involvement of mesangial cells expressing alpha-smooth muscle actin during restorative glomerular remodeling in Thy-1.1 nephritis. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:1291-301 pubmed..In addition, an actin-binding protein, drebrin, was localized in all MC processes extending toward various directions throughout the course of nephritis, suggesting that drebrin is involved in the formation of MC processes. ..
- Smeets B, Te Loeke N, Dijkman H, Steenbergen M, Lensen J, Begieneman M, et al. The parietal epithelial cell: a key player in the pathogenesis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in Thy-1.1 transgenic mice. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:928-39 pubmed..1 tg mice: (1) PEC damage and denudation of Bowman's capsule segments; (2) podocyte hypertrophy and bridging; and (3) PEC proliferation with ECM production. ..
- Deng W, St Hilaire R, Chattergoon N, Jeter J, Kadowitz P. Inhibition of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation in vitro by genetically engineered marrow stromal cells secreting calcitonin gene-related peptide. Life Sci. 2006;78:1830-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that this novel adult stem cell-based CGRP gene therapy has potential for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases including pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Kramer S, Loof T, Martini S, Ruckert M, Wang Y, Bohler T, et al. Mycophenolate mofetil slows progression in anti-thy1-induced chronic renal fibrosis but is not additive to a high dose of enalapril. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F359-68 pubmed..The dual anti-inflammatory/anti-fibrotic intervention does not yield additive renoprotective effects, indicating that MMF and enalapril interfere with similar or very closely related pathways involved in progression of renal disease. ..
- Fiegel H, Gluer S, Roth B, Rischewski J, Von Schweinitz D, Ure B, et al. Stem-like cells in human hepatoblastoma. J Histochem Cytochem. 2004;52:1495-501 pubmed..Ductal cells co-expressing stem cell markers and hepatic lineage markers phenotypically resemble hepatic stem-like cells. These findings support the thesis that stem cells play a role in the histogenesis of hepatoblastoma. ..
- Hoppo T, Fujii H, Hirose T, Yasuchika K, Azuma H, Baba S, et al. Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells promote the maturation of CD49f-positive hepatic progenitor cells in the mouse fetal liver. Hepatology. 2004;39:1362-70 pubmed
- Araki H, Yoshinaga K, Boccuni P, Zhao Y, Hoffman R, Mahmud N. Chromatin-modifying agents permit human hematopoietic stem cells to undergo multiple cell divisions while retaining their repopulating potential. Blood. 2007;109:3570-8 pubmed..These data indicate that HSC treated with chromatin-modifying agents are capable of undergoing repeated cell divisions in vitro while retaining their marrow-repopulating potential. ..
- Nagafuku M, Kabayama K, Oka D, Kato A, Tani ichi S, Shimada Y, et al. Reduction of glycosphingolipid levels in lipid rafts affects the expression state and function of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins but does not impair signal transduction via the T cell receptor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51920-7 pubmed..These results indicate a specific role of GSLs in T cell membrane rafts that is dispensable for T cell receptor signaling but is important for the signal via GPI-anchored proteins. ..
- McCann C, Lichtman J. In vivo imaging of presynaptic terminals and postsynaptic sites in the mouse submandibular ganglion. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:760-70 pubmed publisher..The submandibular ganglion is an ideal site to study the formation, elimination, and maintenance of synaptic connections between neurons in vivo. ..
- Fukada S, Yamamoto Y, Segawa M, Sakamoto K, Nakajima M, Sato M, et al. CD90-positive cells, an additional cell population, produce laminin alpha2 upon transplantation to dy(3k)/dy(3k) mice. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:193-203 pubmed..Thus, CD90(+) cells are a newly identified additional cell fraction that increased during skeletal muscle regeneration in vivo and could be another cell source for therapy for lama2-deficient muscular dystrophy. ..
- Lindsey J. Dexamethasone-induced Ras-related protein 1 is a potential regulatory protein in B lymphocytes. Int Immunol. 2007;19:583-90 pubmed..We conclude that Rasd1 mRNA is expressed by B lymphocytes derived from lymph node cells in response to inactivating or inhibitory stimuli. It may play a role in regulating B lymphocyte activity and proliferation. ..
- Zeng L, Peng Z. [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2007;27:84-7, 91 pubmed..1(+)-THY1 can be expressed stably in human ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3. THY1 transfection can inhibit the growth of SKOV3 cells in vitro, suggesting the important role of THY1 gene in pathogenesis and development of ovarian cancer. ..