Genomes and Genes
qc snare proteins
Summary: A subfamily of Q-SNARE PROTEINS which occupy the same position in the SNARE complex as the C-terminal SNARE domain of SNAP-25 and which also are most similar to the C-terminal region of SNAP-25 in their AMINO ACID SEQUENCE.
- Chen S, Barbieri J. Engineering botulinum neurotoxin to extend therapeutic intervention. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9180-4 pubmed publisher..These studies show the feasibility of genetically modifying LCs to target a nonneuronal SNARE protein that extends therapeutic potential for treatment of human hypersecretion diseases. ..
- Jägerström S, Polesie S, Wickström Y, Johansson B, Schroder H, Højlund K, et al. Lipid droplets interact with mitochondria using SNAP23. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:934-40 pubmed publisher..Finally, ablation of SNAP23 using siRNA reduced complex formation and beta oxidation, which suggests that the LD-mitochondria complex is functional in the cell. ..
- Boström P, Andersson L, Li L, Perkins R, Højlund K, Boren J, et al. The assembly of lipid droplets and its relation to cellular insulin sensitivity. Biochem Soc Trans. 2009;37:981-5 pubmed publisher..Thus both SNAP-23 and syntaxin-5 are highly involved in the development of insulin resistance. ..
- Mima J, Wickner W. Phosphoinositides and SNARE chaperones synergistically assemble and remodel SNARE complexes for membrane fusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16191-6 pubmed publisher..This ternary synergy of phosphoinositides and 2 SNARE chaperone systems is required for rapid fusion. ..
- Greaves J, Gorleku O, Salaun C, Chamberlain L. Palmitoylation of the SNAP25 protein family: specificity and regulation by DHHC palmitoyl transferases. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24629-38 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that overexpression of specific Golgi-localized DHHC proteins active against SNAP25/23 proteins perturbs the normal secretion of human growth hormone from PC12 cells. ..