Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase 14
Summary: A transmembrane domain-containing matrix metalloproteinase. It is synthesized as an inactive zymogen that is activated by the action of PROPROTEIN CONVERTASES such as FURIN. Matrix metalloproteinase 14 plays a direct role in the cleavage of proteins in the pericellular environment. In addition, it can function indirectly by enzymatically activating the proprotein form of MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE 15.
- Brasher M, Martynowicz D, Grafinger O, Hucik A, Shanks Skinner E, Uniacke J, et al. Interaction of Munc18c and syntaxin4 facilitates invadopodium formation and extracellular matrix invasion of tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16199-16210 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate Munc18c as a regulator of Stx4-mediated trafficking of MT1-MMP and EGFR, advancing our understanding of the role of SNARE function in the localization of proteins that drive tumor cell invasion. ..
- Hohensinner P, Baumgartner J, Kral Pointner J, Uhrin P, Ebenbauer B, Thaler B, et al. PAI-1 (Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1) Expression Renders Alternatively Activated Human Macrophages Proteolytically Quiescent. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1913-1922 pubmed publisher..We were able to demonstrate matrix degradation dependent on membrane-bound proteases in proinflammatory stimulated macrophages and a forced proteolytical quiescence in alternatively polarized macrophages by the expression of PAI-1. ..
- Kopinke D, Roberson E, Reiter J. Ciliary Hedgehog Signaling Restricts Injury-Induced Adipogenesis. Cell. 2017;170:340-351.e12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ciliary Hh signaling by FAPs orchestrates the regenerative response to skeletal muscle injury. ..
- Haas T, Stitelman D, Davis S, Apte S, Madri J. Egr-1 mediates extracellular matrix-driven transcription of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in endothelium. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:22679-85 pubmed
- Fukai Y, Ohsawa Y, Ohtsubo H, Nishimatsu S, Hagiwara H, Noda M, et al. Cleavage of ?-dystroglycan occurs in sarcoglycan-deficient skeletal muscle without MMP-2 and MMP-9. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:199-205 pubmed publisher..Thus, matrix metalloproteinases contributing to ?-dystroglycan cleavage are redundant, and MMP-14 could participate in the pathogenesis of sarcoglycanopathy. ..
- Klymenko Y, Kim O, Loughran E, Yang J, Lombard R, Alber M, et al. Cadherin composition and multicellular aggregate invasion in organotypic models of epithelial ovarian cancer intraperitoneal metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5840-5851 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data emphasize the role of Ncad in intraperitoneal seeding of EOC and provide the rationale for future studies targeting Ncad in preclinical models of EOC metastasis. ..
- Sakamoto T, Seiki M. Integrated functions of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in regulating cancer malignancy: Beyond a proteinase. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1095-1100 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize recent findings relating to how MT1-MMP activates HIF and its effects on cancer cells and stromal cells. ..
- Yamamoto K, Santamaria S, Botkjaer K, Dudhia J, Troeberg L, Itoh Y, et al. Inhibition of Shedding of Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Related Protein 1 Reverses Cartilage Matrix Degradation in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1246-1256 pubmed publisher..Shedding of LRP-1 is a key link to OA progression. Local inhibition of LRP-1 sheddase activities of ADAM-17 and MMP-14 is a unique way to reverse matrix degradation in OA cartilage and could be effective as a therapeutic approach. ..
- Roth E, Cao J. miR-181 suppresses metastasis via MMP-14. Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:740-1 pubmed
- Nguyen A, Chia J, Ros M, Hui K, Saltel F, Bard F. Organelle Specific O-Glycosylation Drives MMP14 Activation, Tumor Growth, and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:639-653.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that GALNTs strongly promote liver tumor growth after relocating to the ER. ..
- Figueroa D, Kemeny S, Clyne A. Glycated collagen decreased endothelial cell fibronectin alignment in response to cyclic stretch via interruption of actin alignment. J Biomech Eng. 2014;136:101010 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the importance of endothelial cell actin tension in remodeling and aligning matrix proteins in response to mechanical stimuli, which is critical to vascular remodeling in health and disease. ..