Genomes and Genes
lysosomal associated membrane protein 2
Summary: An abundant lysosomal-associated membrane protein that has been found to shuttle between LYSOSOMES; ENDOSOMES; and the PLASMA MEMBRANE. Loss of expression of lysosomal-associated membrane protein 2 is associated with GLYCOGEN STORAGE DISEASE TYPE IIB.
- Barrès C, Blanc L, Bette Bobillo P, Andre S, Mamoun R, Gabius H, et al. Galectin-5 is bound onto the surface of rat reticulocyte exosomes and modulates vesicle uptake by macrophages. Blood. 2010;115:696-705 pubmed publisher..These data imply galectin-5 functionality in the exosomal sorting pathway during rat reticulocyte maturation. ..
- Wohlgemuth S, Seo A, Marzetti E, Lees H, Leeuwenburgh C. Skeletal muscle autophagy and apoptosis during aging: effects of calorie restriction and life-long exercise. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:138-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that mild CR attenuates the age-related impairment of autophagy in rodent skeletal muscle, which might be one of the mechanisms by which CR attenuates age-related cellular damage and cell death in skeletal muscle in vivo. ..
- Beirowski B, Nogradi A, Babetto E, Garcia Alias G, Coleman M. Mechanisms of axonal spheroid formation in central nervous system Wallerian degeneration. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:455-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, Wallerian-like degeneration may be a more common component mechanism in CNS diseases than previously thought. ..
- Sbai O, Ould Yahoui A, Ferhat L, Gueye Y, Bernard A, Charrat E, et al. Differential vesicular distribution and trafficking of MMP-2, MMP-9, and their inhibitors in astrocytes. Glia. 2010;58:344-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these proteinases and their inhibitors use different pathways for trafficking and secretion for distinct astrocytic functions. ..
- Klucar P, Barnes P, Kong Y, Howard S, Pang X, Huang F, et al. Vaccination strategies to enhance local immunity and protection against Mycobacteriun tuberculosis. Vaccine. 2009;27:1816-24 pubmed..We conclude that CFP10 is a potential vaccine candidate and that coating vaccines with PEI enhances local protective immunity to tuberculosis ..
- Jones K, Nourse J, Morrison L, Nguyen Van D, Moss D, Burrows S, et al. Expansion of EBNA1-specific effector T cells in posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorders. Blood. 2010;116:2245-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EBNA1-specific T cells should be included in adoptive immunotherapy for PTLD. Furthermore, expansion protocols should use antigenic sequences from relevant EBV strains...
- Qin A, Liu C, Qin Y, Hong L, Xu M, Yang L, et al. Autophagy was activated in injured astrocytes and mildly decreased cell survival following glucose and oxygen deprivation and focal cerebral ischemia. Autophagy. 2010;6:738-53 pubmed..These results suggest that ischemia or hypoxia-induced autophagic/lysosomal pathway activation may at least partly contribute to ischemic injury of astrocytes. ..
- Cao L, Chen R, Xu J, Lin Y, Wang R, Chi Z. Vitamin E inhibits activated chaperone-mediated autophagy in rats with status epilepticus. Neuroscience. 2009;161:73-7 pubmed publisher..Antioxidants such as vitamin E may partially inhibit activated chaperone-mediated autophagy. ..
- Dudeja V, Mujumdar N, Phillips P, Chugh R, Borja Cacho D, Dawra R, et al. Heat shock protein 70 inhibits apoptosis in cancer cells through simultaneous and independent mechanisms. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1772-82 pubmed publisher..HSP70 inhibits apoptosis in cancer cells by 2 mechanisms: attenuation of cytosolic calcium and stabilization of lysosomes. HSP70-mediated cell survival might occur in other types of cancer cells. ..
- Salerno Goncalves R, Wahid R, Sztein M. Ex Vivo kinetics of early and long-term multifunctional human leukocyte antigen E-specific CD8+ cells in volunteers immunized with the Ty21a typhoid vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1305-14 pubmed publisher..Typhi. Finally, this is the first demonstration, in either animals or humans, of the presence of long-term multifunctional HLA-E-restricted CD8(+) cells after immunization. ..
- Tsukuba T, Yanagawa M, Okamoto K, Okamoto Y, Yasuda Y, Nakayama K, et al. Impaired chemotaxis and cell adhesion due to decrease in several cell-surface receptors in cathepsin E-deficient macrophages. J Biochem. 2009;145:565-73 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the defects in chemotaxis and cell adhesion are likely to be involved in the imperfect function of CatE(-/-)macrophages. ..
- Bandyopadhyay U, Cuervo A. Entering the lysosome through a transient gate by chaperone-mediated autophagy. Autophagy. 2008;4:1101-3 pubmed..The possible advantages of this transitory lysosomal translocon are discussed in light of the unique properties of the lysosomal compartment. ..
- Bandyopadhyay U, Sridhar S, Kaushik S, Kiffin R, Cuervo A. Identification of regulators of chaperone-mediated autophagy. Mol Cell. 2010;39:535-47 pubmed publisher..The dynamic interactions of these two proteins at the lysosomal membrane unveil now a role for GTP as a negative regulator of CMA. ..
- Lee S, Park M, Kim H, Koh J. Metallothionein-3 regulates lysosomal function in cultured astrocytes under both normal and oxidative conditions. Glia. 2010;58:1186-96 pubmed publisher..Similar to the results seen in MT3-null cells, MT3 knockdown by siRNA inhibited oxidative stress-induced increases in zinc and LMP. These results indicate that MT3 may play a key role in normal lysosomal function in cultured astrocytes. ..
- Kettern N, Dreiseidler M, Tawo R, Hohfeld J. Chaperone-assisted degradation: multiple paths to destruction. Biol Chem. 2010;391:481-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss recent insights into molecular mechanisms underlying chaperone-assisted degradation in mammalian cells and highlight its biomedical relevance. ..
- Chan K, Kaur A. Flow cytometric detection of degranulation reveals phenotypic heterogeneity of degranulating CMV-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes in rhesus macaques. J Immunol Methods. 2007;325:20-34 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the composition of rhCMV-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes with regards to CD107a+IFN-gamma- responders may be an important determinant of their ability to control CMV replication. ..
- Mak S, McCormack A, Manning Bog A, Cuervo A, Di Monte D. Lysosomal degradation of alpha-synuclein in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13621-9 pubmed publisher..It is conceivable that these neuronal mechanisms of protein clearance play an important role in neurodegenerative processes characterized by abnormal alpha-synuclein buildup. ..
- Tresse E, Salomons F, Vesa J, Bott L, Kimonis V, Yao T, et al. VCP/p97 is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and this function is impaired by mutations that cause IBMPFD. Autophagy. 2010;6:217-27 pubmed..We conclude that VCP is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and that defect in this function may contribute to IBMPFD pathogenesis...
- Sun Y, Liou B, Ran H, Skelton M, Williams M, Vorhees C, et al. Neuronopathic Gaucher disease in the mouse: viable combined selective saposin C deficiency and mutant glucocerebrosidase (V394L) mice with glucosylsphingosine and glucosylceramide accumulation and progressive neurological deficits. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1088-97 pubmed publisher
- Kain R, Firmin D, Rees A. Pathogenesis of small vessel vasculitis associated with autoantibodies to neutrophil cytoplasmic antigens: new insights from animal models. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2010;22:15-20 pubmed publisher..Recent advances in the development of animal models that more faithfully model the disease and the discovery of novel ANCA antigens such as LAMP-2 provide new opportunities to dissect the mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of AASV. ..
- Park Y, Hayashi Y, Bonne G, Arimura T, Noguchi S, Nonaka I, et al. Autophagic degradation of nuclear components in mammalian cells. Autophagy. 2009;5:795-804 pubmed
- Fortunato F, Kroemer G. Impaired autophagosome-lysosome fusion in the pathogenesis of pancreatitis. Autophagy. 2009;5:850-3 pubmed..Hence, we postulate that the depletion of lysosomal proteins may play a critical role in the pathogenesis of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Salama A, Pusey C. Shining a LAMP on pauci-immune focal segmental glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 2009;76:15-7 pubmed publisher..Greater understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying the development of ANCA should lead to more focused approaches to the treatment of small-vessel vasculitis. ..
- Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Waragai M, Sekigawa A, Sugama S, et al. Protective role of endogenous gangliosides for lysosomal pathology in a cellular model of synucleinopathies. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1891-909 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that endogenous gangliosides may play protective roles against the lysosomal pathology of synucleinopathies. ..
- Mirshahidi S, Kramer V, Whitney J, Essono S, Lee S, Dranoff G, et al. Overlapping synthetic peptides encoding TPD52 as breast cancer vaccine in mice: prolonged survival. Vaccine. 2009;27:1825-33 pubmed publisher..We show that an OSP vaccination approach can assist in the disruption of self-tolerance and conclude that our approach may hold promise for immunoprevention of early-stage cancers in a general population. ..
- Demonbreun A, Posey A, Heretis K, Swaggart K, Earley J, Pytel P, et al. Myoferlin is required for insulin-like growth factor response and muscle growth. FASEB J. 2010;24:1284-95 pubmed publisher..Demonbreun, A. R., Posey, A. D., Heretis, K., Swaggart, K. A., Earley, J. U., Pytel, P., McNally, E. M. Myoferlin is required for insulin-like growth factor response and muscle growth. ..
- Gaspar E, Mortara R, Andrade L, da Silva C. Lysosomal exocytosis: an important event during invasion of lamp deficient cells by extracellular amastigotes of Trypanosoma cruzi. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:265-9 pubmed publisher..Also, phagolysosome maturation in knockout cell lines differed from previous results revealing that EA enter cells by a mechanism other than receptor-mediated phagocytosis. ..
- Azlina A, Javkhlan P, Hiroshima Y, Hasegawa T, Yao C, Akamatsu T, et al. Roles of lysosomal proteolytic systems in AQP5 degradation in the submandibular gland of rats following chorda tympani parasympathetic denervation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;299:G1106-17 pubmed publisher..Inhibitor experiments implied cathepsins B and L to be candidate enzymes for this degradation under normal and CTD conditions, respectively...
- Stypmann J, Janssen P, Prestle J, Engelen M, Kogler H, Lüllmann Rauch R, et al. LAMP-2 deficient mice show depressed cardiac contractile function without significant changes in calcium handling. Basic Res Cardiol. 2006;101:281-91 pubmed..The occurrence of autophagic vacuoles in LAMP-2 deficient myocytes is likely to be causal for the depressed contractile function resulting in an attenuated cardiac pump reserve. ..
- Sasai M, Linehan M, Iwasaki A. Bifurcation of Toll-like receptor 9 signaling by adaptor protein 3. Science. 2010;329:1530-4 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an intracellular mechanism for bifurcation of TLR9 signals by selective receptor trafficking within the endosomal system...