Genomes and Genes
lysosomal associated membrane protein 1
Summary: An abundant lysosomal-associated membrane protein that has been found to shuttle between LYSOSOMES; ENDOSOMES; and the PLASMA MEMBRANE. In PLATELETS and T-LYMPHOCYTES it may play a role in the cellular degranulation process.
- De Santis D, Foley B, John E, Senitzer D, Christiansen F, Witt C. Rapid, flow cytometric assay for NK alloreactivity reveals exceptions to rules governing alloreactivity. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2010;16:179-91 pubmed publisher..The data emphasize the importance of demonstrating alloreactivity in a functional assay. ..
- Lochmatter P, Zawodniak A, Pichler W. In vitro tests in drug hypersensitivity diagnosis. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2009;29:537-54 pubmed publisher..In this article, the authors discuss current in vitro techniques, most recent findings, and new promising tools in the diagnosis of T-cell-mediated drug hypersensitivity...
- Carrega P, Pezzino G, Queirolo P, Bonaccorsi I, Falco M, Vita G, et al. Susceptibility of human melanoma cells to autologous natural killer (NK) cell killing: HLA-related effector mechanisms and role of unlicensed NK cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8132 pubmed publisher..These findings should be taken into account in the design of novel immunotherapy approaches against melanoma. ..
- Tresse E, Salomons F, Vesa J, Bott L, Kimonis V, Yao T, et al. VCP/p97 is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and this function is impaired by mutations that cause IBMPFD. Autophagy. 2010;6:217-27 pubmed..We conclude that VCP is essential for maturation of ubiquitin-containing autophagosomes and that defect in this function may contribute to IBMPFD pathogenesis...
- Sureban S, May R, Ramalingam S, Subramaniam D, Natarajan G, Anant S, et al. Selective blockade of DCAMKL-1 results in tumor growth arrest by a Let-7a MicroRNA-dependent mechanism. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:649-59, 659.e1-2 pubmed publisher..DCAMKL-1 is a negative regulator of let-7a miRNA biogenesis in intestinal stem and colorectal cancer cells; it could represent a novel target for anti-cancer stem cell-based strategies. ..
- Bonehill A, Van Nuffel A, Corthals J, Tuyaerts S, Heirman C, François V, et al. Single-step antigen loading and activation of dendritic cells by mRNA electroporation for the purpose of therapeutic vaccination in melanoma patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3366-75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they represent a promising new approach for antitumor immunotherapy. ..
- Heidemann S, Chavez V, Landers C, Kucharzik T, Prehn J, Targan S. TL1A selectively enhances IL-12/IL-18-induced NK cell cytotoxicity against NK-resistant tumor targets. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:531-8 pubmed publisher..TL1A increased cytotoxicity of IL-12/IL-18-activated NK cells against target cells dependent on NK activation for lysis and could function in vivo as a key co-activator of NK cytotoxicity. ..
- Schmerk C, Duplantis B, Howard P, Nano F. A Francisella novicida pdpA mutant exhibits limited intracellular replication and remains associated with the lysosomal marker LAMP-1. Microbiology. 2009;155:1498-504 pubmed publisher..novicida. The transcriptional response of the host macrophage indicates that PdpA functions directly or indirectly to suppress macrophage ability to signal via growth factors, cytokines and adhesion ligands. ..
- Jin S, Yi F, Zhang F, Poklis J, Li P. Lysosomal targeting and trafficking of acid sphingomyelinase to lipid raft platforms in coronary endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2056-62 pubmed publisher..Lysosomal trafficking and targeting of ASMase are importantly involved in LRs clustering in ECs membrane, leading to the formation of signaling platforms or signalosomes. ..
- Tran J, Mahmood S, Carlyle J, Kung S. Altering the specificity of NK:target cell interactions by genetic manipulation of NK receptor expression on primary mouse NK cells. Vaccine. 2010;28:3767-72 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated the utility of lentiviral vectors as a means to stably manipulate the target cell specificity of primary NK cells. ..
- Xu X, Xing B, Hu M, Xu Z, Xie Y, Dai G, et al. Recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma cells with stem cell-like properties: possible targets for immunotherapy. Cytotherapy. 2010;12:190-200 pubmed publisher..This strategy may be an effective therapeutic approach to prevent HCC recurrence and control recurrent HCC growth. ..
- Du N, Zhou J, Lin X, Zhang Y, Yang X, Wang Y, et al. Differential activation of NK cells by influenza A pseudotype H5N1 and 1918 and 2009 pandemic H1N1 viruses. J Virol. 2010;84:7822-31 pubmed publisher..The various host innate immune responses to different influenza virus subtypes or HA titers may be associated with disease severity. ..
- Wine E, Ossa J, Gray Owen S, Sherman P. Adherent-invasive Escherichia coli, strain LF82 disrupts apical junctional complexes in polarized epithelia. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:180 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important links between microbes related to IBD, the intestinal epithelial cell barrier and disease pathogenesis. ..
- Kumar P, Lau C, Mathur M, Wang P, Defea K. Differential effects of beta-arrestins on the internalization, desensitization and ERK1/2 activation downstream of protease activated receptor-2. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C346-57 pubmed..Together, these data suggest distinct temporal and functional roles for beta-arrestins in PAR-2 signaling, desensitization, and internalization. ..
- Ueno N, Bratt C, Rodriguez N, Wilson M. Differences in human macrophage receptor usage, lysosomal fusion kinetics and survival between logarithmic and metacyclic Leishmania infantum chagasi promastigotes. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:1827-41 pubmed publisher..The relatively quiescent entry of virulent Leishmania spp. into macrophages may be accounted for by the ability of metacyclic promastigotes to selectively bypass deleterious entry pathways. ..
- Yokobori N, Schierloh P, Geffner L, Balboa L, Romero M, Musella R, et al. CD3 expression distinguishes two gammadeltaT cell receptor subsets with different phenotype and effector function in tuberculous pleurisy. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;157:385-94 pubmed publisher..As gammadeltaT cells produce IFN-gamma within the pleural space, they would be expected to play a beneficial role in tuberculous pleurisy by helping to maintain a T helper type 1 profile. ..
- Tomescu C, Chehimi J, Maino V, Montaner L. Retention of viability, cytotoxicity, and response to IL-2, IL-15, or IFN-alpha by human NK cells after CD107a degranulation. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:871-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data argue for the strength of the NK cell compartment in the continuous surveillance of tumor and virally infected cells in the body and highlight the use of using CD107a expression as a stable marker for NK cytotoxicity. ..
- Pillet A, Bugault F, Theze J, Chakrabarti L, Rose T. A programmed switch from IL-15- to IL-2-dependent activation in human NK cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:6267-77 pubmed publisher..Such a program may prevent excessive human NK cell activation by effectors of innate immunity and regulate the transition between the innate and adaptive stages of immune responses. ..
- Lee H, Shin Y, Jung J, Seo S, Baek S, Park H. Proteasome inhibition suppresses Schwann cell dedifferentiation in vitro and in vivo. Glia. 2009;57:1825-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that the UPS plays a role in the phenotype changes of Schwann cells in response to nerve injury. ..
- Eller M, Eller L, Ouma B, Thelian D, Gonzalez V, Guwatudde D, et al. Elevated natural killer cell activity despite altered functional and phenotypic profile in Ugandans with HIV-1 clade A or clade D infection. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009;51:380-9 pubmed publisher..NK cells in HIV-1-infected Ugandans display elevated activity, despite an altered functional and phenotypic profile. Furthermore, specific alterations in the CD56bright and CD56dim subsets occur in patients with severe CD4 loss. ..
- Minang J, Trivett M, Coren L, Barsov E, Piatak M, Ott D, et al. Nef-mediated MHC class I down-regulation unmasks clonal differences in virus suppression by SIV-specific CD8(+) T cells independent of IFN-gamma and CD107a responses. Virology. 2009;391:130-9 pubmed publisher..These data emphasize that current assays for evaluating CTL responses in infected or vaccinated individuals do not fully capture the complex requirements for effective CTL-mediated control of virus replication. ..
- Zong X, Schieder M, Cuny H, Fenske S, Gruner C, Rötzer K, et al. The two-pore channel TPCN2 mediates NAADP-dependent Ca(2+)-release from lysosomal stores. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:891-9 pubmed publisher..By contrast, TPCN2-specific Ca(2+)-release is unaffected by emptying ER-based Ca(2+) stores. In conclusion, these findings indicate that TPCN2 is a major component of the long-sought lysosomal NAADP-dependent Ca(2+)-release channel. ..
- Beatty G, Smith J, Reshef R, Patel K, Colligon T, Vance B, et al. Functional unresponsiveness and replicative senescence of myeloid leukemia antigen-specific CD8+ T cells after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4944-53 pubmed publisher..These findings carry important implications for the understanding of the graft-versus-leukemia effect and for the rational design of immunotherapeutic strategies for patients with myeloid leukemias. ..
- Cetica V, Santoro A, Gilmour K, Sieni E, Beutel K, Pende D, et al. STXBP2 mutations in children with familial haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis type 5. J Med Genet. 2010;47:595-600 pubmed publisher..Additional polymorphisms are also described. These data expand current knowledge on the genetic heterogeneity of FHL and suggest that patients with FHL5 may have different results in degranulation assays under different conditions. ..
- Morrow M, Yan J, Pankhong P, Shedlock D, Lewis M, Talbott K, et al. IL-28B/IFN-lambda 3 drives granzyme B loading and significantly increases CTL killing activity in macaques. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1714-23 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IFN-lambda 3 is a potent effector of the immune system with special emphasis on CD8(+) T-cell killing functions which warrants further study as a possible immunoadjuvant. ..
- Jones K, Nourse J, Morrison L, Nguyen Van D, Moss D, Burrows S, et al. Expansion of EBNA1-specific effector T cells in posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorders. Blood. 2010;116:2245-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EBNA1-specific T cells should be included in adoptive immunotherapy for PTLD. Furthermore, expansion protocols should use antigenic sequences from relevant EBV strains...
- Zaritskaya L, Shurin M, Sayers T, Malyguine A. New flow cytometric assays for monitoring cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2010;9:601-16 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive, multifactor analysis of effector cell responses after vaccination may help to detect factors that determine the success or failure of a vaccine and its immunological potency. ..
- Lindqvist C, Sandin L, Fransson M, Loskog A. Local AdCD40L gene therapy is effective for disseminated murine experimental cancer by breaking T-cell tolerance and inducing tumor cell growth inhibition. J Immunother. 2009;32:785-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AdCD40L gene therapy is potent for disseminated cancer both by activation of T cells and controlling tumor cell growth and viability. ..
- Bari R, Bell T, Leung W, Vong Q, Chan W, Das Gupta N, et al. Significant functional heterogeneity among KIR2DL1 alleles and a pivotal role of arginine 245. Blood. 2009;114:5182-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide novel insights into the molecular determinant of KIR2DL1 and conceivably a fundamental understanding of KIR2DL1 allelic polymorphism in human disease susceptibility, transplant outcome, and donor selection. ..
- Li S, Ojcius D, Liao S, Li L, Xue F, Dong H, et al. Replication or death: distinct fates of pathogenic Leptospira strain Lai within macrophages of human or mouse origin. Innate Immun. 2010;16:80-92 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that the outcome for intracellular leptospires depends on differences among host macrophages, which may account for some of the differences in the severity of leptospirosis in humans and animals. ..
- Bao J, Jin S, Zhang F, Wang Z, Li N, Li P. Activation of membrane NADPH oxidase associated with lysosome-targeted acid sphingomyelinase in coronary endothelial cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:703-12 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that lysosome-targeted ASM, through sortilin, is able to traffic to and expose to cell-membrane surface, which may lead to LRs clustering and NOX activation in CAECs. ..
- Jansen C, van de Haar P, van Haarlem D, van Kooten P, de Wit S, van Eden W, et al. Identification of new populations of chicken natural killer (NK) cells. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:759-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we generated new monoclonal antibodies and developed two functional assays which will enhance our understanding of the role of NK-cells in healthy and diseased chickens. ..
- Mangsbo S, Sandin L, Anger K, Korman A, Loskog A, Totterman T. Enhanced tumor eradication by combining CTLA-4 or PD-1 blockade with CpG therapy. J Immunother. 2010;33:225-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combination of CpG with CTLA-4 or PD-1 blockade improved long-term survival and led to increased levels of tumor-reactive T cells and reduced numbers of Tregs at the tumor site. ..
- Zawodniak A, Lochmatter P, Yerly D, Kawabata T, Lerch M, Yawalkar N, et al. In vitro detection of cytotoxic T and NK cells in peripheral blood of patients with various drug-induced skin diseases. Allergy. 2010;65:376-84 pubmed publisher..Together with IL-7/IL-15 preincubation, it may be helpful in indentifying the offending drug even in some patients with weak proliferative drug-response. ..
- Hryciw T, MacDonald J, Phillips R, Seah C, Pasternak S, Meakin S. The fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 3 adapter is a developmentally regulated microtubule-associated protein expressed in migrating and differentiated neurons. J Neurochem. 2010;112:924-39 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that neuronal Frs3 functions as a novel microtubule binding protein and they provide the first biochemical evidence that neuronal Frs3 is functionally distinct from Frs2/Frs2alpha. ..
- Young J, Adetifa I, Ota M, Sutherland J. Expanded polyfunctional T cell response to mycobacterial antigens in TB disease and contraction post-treatment. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11237 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for the development of new diagnostics and vaccine strategies. ..
- Gonzalez V, Falconer K, Björkström N, Blom K, Weiland O, Ljunggren H, et al. Expansion of functionally skewed CD56-negative NK cells in chronic hepatitis C virus infection: correlation with outcome of pegylated IFN-alpha and ribavirin treatment. J Immunol. 2009;183:6612-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, high levels of these cells reveal a disturbance in innate cellular immunity that is associated with an impaired ability to respond to antiviral treatment with IFN-alpha and ribavirin. ..
- Roepstorff K, Grandal M, Henriksen L, Knudsen S, Lerdrup M, Grøvdal L, et al. Differential effects of EGFR ligands on endocytic sorting of the receptor. Traffic. 2009;10:1115-27 pubmed publisher..The Cbl ubiquitin ligases, especially c-Cbl, are responsible for EGFR ubiquitination after stimulation with all ligands, and persistent EGFR phosphorylation and ubiquitination largely correlate with receptor degradation. ..
- Lehmann M, Milev M, Abrahamyan L, Yao X, Pante N, Mouland A. Intracellular transport of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genomic RNA and viral production are dependent on dynein motor function and late endosome positioning. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14572-85 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dynein motor function is important for regulating Gag and vRNA egress on endosomal membranes in the cytoplasm to directly impact on viral production. ..
- Salerno Goncalves R, Wahid R, Sztein M. Ex Vivo kinetics of early and long-term multifunctional human leukocyte antigen E-specific CD8+ cells in volunteers immunized with the Ty21a typhoid vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:1305-14 pubmed publisher..Typhi. Finally, this is the first demonstration, in either animals or humans, of the presence of long-term multifunctional HLA-E-restricted CD8(+) cells after immunization. ..